PDA

View Full Version : Heat: How F'd is the league?

Joel Anthony
03-02-2013, 11:33 AM
When one of the best defensive teams in the league can't beat Miami even with Lebron having an off game. :lobt:

Cry Havoc
03-02-2013, 11:39 AM
On the other hand, if Miami DOESN'T win the title this year it will be a huge mark on LeBron's legacy.

scanry
03-02-2013, 12:14 PM
On the other hand, if Miami DOESN'T win the title this year it will be a huge mark on LeBron's legacy.

Huge If tbh. Lebron is having a MJ like 1992 season. You really think anybody can stop the Heat from repeating?

I think Memphis has a legitimate chance of beating the Heat and they don't match up very well against the Thunder though.

Venti Quattro
03-02-2013, 12:42 PM
I think Memphis has a legitimate chance of beating the Heat and they don't match up very well against the Thunder though.

LOL NO they don't. Have you seen how offensively challenged Memphis is? They're not gonna be able to go toe-to-toe with Miami. No NBA team could.

superjames1992
03-02-2013, 12:47 PM
When one of the best defensive teams in the league can't beat Miami even with Lebron having an off game. :lobt:
Yankees, Heat, AND Cowboys? Hello, front-runner. How are you?

BUMP
03-02-2013, 12:48 PM
I think Memphis has a legitimate chance of beating the Heat

I would possibly agree with you but the Indiana-Miami series last year exposed how lazy low post players are in the NBA today. All Miami did was front the post and Indiana's big men got cuckolded. Miami is as good as anybody at shutting down bigger teams.

:lol Joel Anthony guarding Roy Hibbert
:lol Shane Battier guarding David West

jeebus
03-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Are all these Heat trolls run by the same guy?

Clipper Nation
03-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Damn, people are wildly overrating Memphis.... yeah, their defense is top-notch, but their offense is ugly as sin... if they even had an okay offense, they probably would have won last night, tbh....

OKC
03-02-2013, 12:52 PM
SA could beat Miami in the finals

Old Greg
03-02-2013, 12:54 PM

Spurs fan hiding under OKC troll.

D-Wade
03-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Damn, people are wildly overrating Memphis.... yeah, their defense is top-notch, but their offense is ugly as sin... if they even had an okay offense, they probably would have won last night, tbh....

Yup terrible offense.

So bad Hollins brought Daye off the bench for the final shot because he knows none of his starters can shoot.

Cry Havoc
03-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Huge If tbh. Lebron is having a MJ like 1992 season. You really think anybody can stop the Heat from repeating?

Probably better than MJ in 92. MJ in 89-90 was a force. But of course, he didn't win the title that year. So yeah, it's possible.

Mao Zedong
03-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Oh, look, american pigs! A new Heat fan!
Who jumped and ditched his team recently?

OKC
03-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Spurs fan hiding under OKC troll.
Hardly. Just stating my opinion.

Clipper Nation
03-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Depends, tbh.... if the Kang comes up big in the Finals but Wade and Bosh choke it away, I don't see how that can be held against LeBron....

Thebesteva
03-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Ladies and gentleman I present to you the chronological order of the typical douche NBA Fans evolution

2008- Celtic fan
2009-2010- Cavaliers fan
2011-current- Miami Heat fan

Kidd K
03-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Just like how good offense doesn't mean much when your D' sucks, good D' doesn't mean shit when your offense sucks. They're 2nd in defense, but 19th in offense. -_- Unlike say, OKC who's 8th in defense and 2nd in offense (0.1 from 1st), or SA who's 3rd in defense and 6th in offense (0.1 from 5th). It's different when you can lock people down and punch them in the mouth on offense, rather than just lock people down but struggle when you have the ball.

Memphis will not go past round 2, if they even get there. They're not contenders anymore without Gay. Miami would struggle to make the Finals if they played in the west too, but they play in the east so they will default into the Finals like the last 2 years and only have to play one good team for the whole playoffs (in the Finals) again.

If you asked, "how F'd is the east?", I'd say "very". The east sucks even more than usual. Whole league? Not so much. The eastern conference playoffs are going to be unwatchable until the ECF again though. Even then, it's just a pretender vs a contender.

It's sad Miami won't play a top 4-6 team until the Finals. That's how basketball works sometimes though.

spurraider21
03-02-2013, 04:18 PM
How F'ed is Miami. They barely beat the Spurs bench at home with Lebron having a good all around game

BUMP
03-02-2013, 04:22 PM
How F'ed is Miami. They barely beat the Spurs bench at home with Lebron having a good all around game

That's a great point. Not to mention Miami also lost to the Wizards so they must be pretty awful.

Also Washington is a darkhorse for the NBA title considering they beat BOTH the Thunder and the Heat.

Let's be friends. You and me.

spurraider21
03-02-2013, 04:25 PM
That's a great point. Not to mention Miami also lost to the Wizards so they must be pretty awful.

Also Washington is a darkhorse for the NBA title considering they beat BOTH the Thunder and the Heat.

Let's be friends. You and me.
I cited as many examples as OP, tbh. That was my point. Blue font was implied

dirk4mvp
03-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Memphis sure could use a pretty good 3 that matches up well with LeBron/Durant.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2013, 04:29 PM
^:lol..

Miami's competition was much stiffer in the East last year..90% of NBA fans claimed Miami would lose to the representative in the West, yet the Heat completely annihilated OKC..

Clipper Nation
03-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Ladies and gentleman I present to you the chronological order of the typical douche NBA Fans evolution

Birth-Death: Lakerfan

fify

spurraider21
03-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Aren't those just lebrons teams? I don't think front runners have been cowboy fans since 90's lol

Arnold Toht
03-02-2013, 05:38 PM
:lmao all the Heat trolls are done by the same band wagoner

Ace
03-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Nice to see the role players stepping up, I was concerned with Allen's slump but hes turning it around.

Venti Quattro
03-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Nice to see the role players stepping up, I was concerned with Allen's slump but hes turning it around.

How bout dat Shane Battier nigga :tu :tu

The dookie has been lighting it up from the arc.

Calispursfan11
03-02-2013, 07:37 PM

True that, right up there with his reputation for choking in general.

Ace
03-02-2013, 08:25 PM
How bout dat Shane Battier nigga :tu :tu

The dookie has been lighting it up from the arc.

Shane has been a big part of Miami's success. Plays his role well..

Ace
03-02-2013, 08:26 PM

You're trying too hard.

Bynumite
03-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Miami ain't shit, supaman's comin' through... yuuuuu, crank dat son of a bitch.

Ace
03-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Miami ain't shit, supaman's comin' through... yuuuuu, crank dat son of a bitch.

Good luck with landing the 8th seed :toast

... and I really mean that.

LarryDavid
03-02-2013, 09:33 PM

Cowboys haven't been front runners for about 15 years tbh

Cry Havoc
03-02-2013, 09:37 PM

The only people who think he's a choke artist are haters, and people who only follow one team or bandwagon.

Tuddy
03-02-2013, 10:26 PM
SA could beat Miami in the finalsI like the Bosh/Duncan matchup for us if we make the finals. Duncan would still be able to punish Bosh in the post .

hater
03-03-2013, 03:08 PM

:lmao :lmao nobody is beating the Heat. It's fucking over. What a waste of television space IMO

BatManu20
03-03-2013, 03:54 PM

Heat are winning the title this year, period.

On a side note: You're a Heat, Yankees, and Cowboys fan... you might be the biggest front runner fan of all time :lol

td4mvp2k
03-03-2013, 03:56 PM
On a side note: You're a Heat, Yankees, and Cowboys fan... you might be the biggest front runner fan of all time :lol:lol

Latarian Milton
03-03-2013, 07:42 PM
miami are the favorite to win the title this year but the ball is a round one and it may roll anywhere. people said the same shit in 11 and our niggas were also pretty convinced they would win the championship that year, but you know what happened later on. complacency will be the biggest obstacle in our way to retaining the championship tbh