PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Plan for Grizzlies to be Contenders

Grit and Grind
03-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Ride the season out .

Convince OJ Mayo to sign because we will trade Z-BO ( Garbage man , CLOGGING THE PANT ) and Rudy Chucker is gone . OJ's self esteem will be pumped because he knows Mavs aren't going anywhere well at least not better than Memphis . Mayo can be either a starter or 6th man he will stay chuck up his shots .

Tell Mike Conley to be like Jrue Holiday if he even has it in him and tell Marc to not be passive always .

Trade Zach for Nickola V and cap space

Work out Ed Davis and Austin Daye because we want them as starters .

Relegate Tayshuan on the bench since he always passes up wide open shots .

OH YEAH SIGN Tony Allen

Tell Daye to work on his defense ... his offense is there but he is 6"10 could be the next Rudy Gay without the suck .

PG : Conley / Bayless
SG : Mayo or Allen
SF : Austin Daye / Quincy Pondexter / Tayshaun Prince
PF : Ed Davis / Darrel Arthur
C : Marc / Vuecic

Seems legit

Venti Quattro
03-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Find a way to not be offensively-challenged.

Grit and Grind
03-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Find a way to not be offensively-challenged.

I think this plan helps we get Garbage man out and seem less stagnant

Venti Quattro
03-02-2013, 07:11 PM
The Grizzlies need shooters more than anything, to give Z-Bo and Gastrong more room to operate. If teams decide to clog down the lane on them in the Playoffs and they can't make outside shots, they're toast.

Grit and Grind
03-02-2013, 07:12 PM
The Grizzlies need shooters more than anything, to give Z-Bo and Gastrong more room to operate. If teams decide to clog down the lane on them in the Playoffs and they can't make outside shots, they're toast.

Ehhh You can't beat Miami with a jump shooting team though . Thats why when we had Rudy I thought we could beat the Heat

Brunodf
03-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Your team is legit tbh

Grit and Grind
03-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Your team is legit tbh

:lol Legit as in Legit 2nd round exit maybe

Venti Quattro
03-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Ehhh You can't beat Miami with a jump shooting team though.
That's not the purpose of having shooters; it's to keep defenses honest so Marc and Z-Bo could do their thing inside. That's what killed Memphis in their Clippers series last year.

Thats why when we had Rudy I thought we could beat the Heat
Even if you have 3 Rudy Gays you're not beating the Heat in a 7-game series. They have LeBron and Wade.

Grit and Grind
03-02-2013, 07:20 PM
That's not the purpose of having shooters; it's to keep defenses honest so Marc and Z-Bo could do their thing inside. That's what killed Memphis in their Clippers series last year.

Even if you have 3 Rudy Gays you're not beating the Heat in a 7-game series. They have LeBron and Wade.

We have beat the Heat 3 out of 4 last times .... Point . Wade never shows up vs us

Venti Quattro
03-02-2013, 07:22 PM
We have beat the Heat 3 out of 4 last times .... Point . Wade never shows up vs us

:lol Regular Season. You've probably been around ST for a while. You should know that the regular season is being scoffed at 'round this bend.

Grit and Grind
03-02-2013, 07:23 PM
:lol Regular Season. You've probably been around ST for a while. You should know that the regular season is being scoffed at 'round this bend.

I should not hope for much just because of regular season success because this is the Grizzlies

Clipper Nation
03-02-2013, 07:28 PM
That plan's basically rearranging deck chairs, and why on Earth would you want OJ Mayo back? I fail to see how this plan would make the Grizz contenders any more than their current plan does...

Venti Quattro
03-02-2013, 07:31 PM
and why on Earth would you want OJ Mayo back?

I don't see Grit and Grind's logic with that too. OJ has been choking on dick in Dallas

sook
03-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Always rooting for my teams in the SW decision.

SpursIndonesia
03-03-2013, 03:41 AM
Tony Allen's good defender, better perhaps, but if he can't atleast be as consistent & deadly as an outside shooter the way Bowen or Rick Fox ever were, your team upside will always be limited. Even a Danny Green'esque offensive game will do wonders, because at the moment, he's just too offensive as an offensive player, at the SHOOTING guard spot nonetheless.

AaronY
03-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Memphis is playing great right now...so lets hit the panic button.

Latarian Milton
03-03-2013, 07:48 PM
memphis are just a 2nd tier team at their finest, parallel to denver imho. they have a shit load of role players who're solid enough, but they're obvious missing a legit superstar to lead this team

Grit and Grind
03-04-2013, 12:23 AM
memphis are just a 2nd tier team at their finest, parallel to denver imho. they have a shit load of role players who're solid enough, but they're obvious missing a legit superstar to lead this team

Austin Daye is a sexy light skin mofo he could do us wonders . We are better than Denver because we actually hit more three's than them ( I barely get to say that but eh ) and Marc Gasol is the difference he honestly is the 2nd best center right now . Oh yeah we play defense instead of those Thuggets

BobaFett1
03-04-2013, 10:05 AM

Grizz a top 3 B Level tbh.