PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent: Steven Hunter

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2005, 12:51 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_steven_hunter.jpghttp://www.nba.com/suns/images/suns_logo.gif

Steven Hunter | 45
Position: C-F
Born: Oct 31, 1981
Height: 7-0 / 2,13
Weight: 240 lbs. / 108,9 kg.
College : DePaul '03

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steven_hunter/index.html?nav=page)

I liked what I saw of him in the WCF. With the Suns signing Raja Bell using most, if not all of their MLE, all they will have left to offer him is their LLE. Should the Spurs move Rasho this summer they might have room for another bigman on the bench after they add Scola. They should also have enough of their MLE to make a better offer than Phoenix can make to him.

Gino2882
07-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Would be a really good signing IMO.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-05-2005, 12:56 PM
I think he'd be a great pickup. He has a lot of upside.

Bonus is that signing him would make Phoenix weaker.

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2005, 12:56 PM
It also would be pretty sweet if the Spurs snag him after the Suns added Thomas to improve their chances against the Spurs.

Manu20
07-05-2005, 12:58 PM
That would be a good pickup for the Spurs.

Gino2882
07-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Honestly you could make an argument that Hunter would be more valuable than Kurt Thomas.

BillsCarnage
07-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Honestly you could make an argument that Hunter would be more valuable than Kurt Thomas.

You could, but it would be futile. Hunter has upside, but he is so schizo when it comes to playing you never know which Hunter is going to show up. Doc Rivers called him the "big tease" for a reason. He's not worth the MLE $$ that he wants, at this stage in his career.

gospursgojas
07-05-2005, 01:05 PM
His defense gave Tim the most probs out of any big man on the Suns

BillsCarnage
07-05-2005, 01:06 PM
His defense gave Tim the most probs out of any big man on the Suns

Only because he kicked Timmeh in the nuts.

Extra Stout
07-05-2005, 01:09 PM
If the Spurs could move Rasho or Nazr in favor of a quality small forward, adding Hunter or somebody like him would make sense.

When trading big-for-small, you expect to get some quality back. Now, Isiah Thomas is reliably stupid. Tim Thomas is too expensive for what you get (a little scoring, no rebounding or defense), and not motivated enough. Trevor Ariza has upside, but you expect to get more back than him for a starting-quality center, like maybe a #1 pick next year. Isiah Thomas probably is stupid enough to give the Spurs a talented youngster and a lottery pick for Rasho Nesterovic.

Zeke probably will want to trade Q by the middle of the year because he's Zeke and he trades people without rhyme or reason. I'm not sure if the Spurs would want Q or not.

Toronto's front office is just as stupid as New York's. You might be able to get Mo Peterson AND a youngster like Charlie Villanueva in a package deal for Rasho and one of the Spurs' Euro prospects. They'll have no use for Villanueva because he's too similar to Bosh. As much of an idiot as Babcock is, you might be able to pawn off Javtokas on him and keep all the legit prospects.

Golden State's best center prospect is Zarko Cabarkapa. Do you think the Spurs could get Mike Dunleavy for Nazr?

So, anyway, yeah, someone like Hunter would be the right idea. He won't be getting the MLE money he wants, so late in the offseason he could be available still, who knows.

ChumpDumper
07-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Hunter is finally starting to resemble a basketball player. I think he might end up someplace like Atlanta where he could get some real money and possibly even a starting job -- it's tough to get guys like this who look on the verge of blowing up when your competition is desperate and loaded.

We may have a better chance of developing Jamal Sampson since we'd be getting in on the ground floor.

gospursgojas
07-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Only because he kicked Timmeh in the nuts.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Ohh Yeah I remember that

MannyIsGod
07-09-2005, 07:12 PM
It's a shame we won't get Hunter, because one offseason with the Spurs and I guarntee he'd be better than Nazr and Rasho. He's not ever going to put up a ton of points, but with his athletic ability he'd be a much better defender than either Rasho or Nazr.

I really see him going someplace like Atlanta though, as Chump said. Big men get money thrown at them too easily for the Spurs to ever have much hope of landing him.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Put Hunter in with Stoudemire and the offensive isn't as free. Kurt Thomas can hit the mid range shot which still spreads the floor. Nash will give him some good looks but Hunter is sorry on offense.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Toronto's front office is just as stupid as New York's. You might be able to get Mo Peterson AND a youngster like Charlie Villanueva in a package deal for Rasho and one of the Spurs' Euro prospects.

Golden State's best center prospect is Zarko Cabarkapa. Do you think the Spurs could get Mike Dunleavy for Nazr?

Villanueva has a reputation for being a lazy ass.

As far as Dunleavy for Nazr goes, that would be retarded. Dunleavy for Nazr :nope :nope

Guru of Nothing
07-09-2005, 09:40 PM
I missed this thread the first go round.

Hmmmmm. .....

For 2-3M per season, I'm with you fellers.

I rank him ahead of Chris Anderson.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-09-2005, 09:47 PM
if he's tall, if he can dunk, then hes okay in my book..thats all we friggin need

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-09-2005, 09:57 PM
The only thing schizo about Hunter was the playing time the "great" Mike D'Antoni gave him.

I'd love to have him as a backup for the Spurs.

sickdsm
07-09-2005, 10:13 PM
He wants a lot of jack.

I think he'll be around for a while in the FA period.

I think i heard Utah was really after him though.

Manuismyhomeboy
07-10-2005, 12:50 AM
He could really turn int oa great project down the line for the Spurs. Let Timmy and Dave work with him and have him hit the weight room, and he could turn into a good starting center to replace Nazr should he leave in FA, or if the Spurs trade Rasho.

lil'mo
07-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Naturally Hunter wuld be a great addition to this team
he is a 7 foot black dude with great defense...
only problem si that both he and Nazr (assuming we rid ourselves of rasho) are pretty scrawny for as tall as they are, which is why i say we keep rasho backing up nazr at center, just to keep a bit of girth when facing the other bulky centers of the league.

mavsfan1000
07-10-2005, 01:31 AM
What team would this guy not fit. He is a great acquisition for any team who has no trouble scoring and need defense. Dallas only needs a defensive center and whoever is too athletic for Dampier, Hunter can handle. I hope Dallas picks him up or someone like him.

lil'mo
07-10-2005, 01:33 AM
mavsfan whats the goings on in Dallas so far this summer?

mavsfan1000
07-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Not much. I am disappointed that Devin Harris is out for the summer with a sprain shoulder.

lil'mo
07-10-2005, 01:37 AM
ewwww, not good, what happened?

mavsfan1000
07-10-2005, 02:54 AM
A hard foul by Gerald Green

spurjur
07-25-2005, 12:27 PM
I know we've talked about this here before, but I need my mind refreshed. Is there any room for Steven Hunter? If there is, do the Spurs have the money to sign him? He did well as a backup during the Western Finals.

Kori Ellis
07-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Do you think he'd get playing time here?

spurjur
07-25-2005, 12:38 PM
If the Spurs trade Rasho I think he would battle for minutes. The reason I bring him up is because I'm thinking that he will not demand a lot of money.

xcoriate
07-25-2005, 05:14 PM
I think the Spurs signed Oberto to the role Hunter could have filled already. He is probably a mute point now.

Mr. Body
07-25-2005, 09:23 PM
How could the Spurs possibly have any playing time for Stephen Hunter? Have you seen the roster lately? He has three other capable players at the same position.

There isn't the money for him, anyway.

Stephen Hunter is probably the guy for Atlanta. They'll throw the jack, he'll take it. He's their Center.

Sense
07-25-2005, 11:19 PM
I like the fact that he's athletic and he can be a good defender..

I'd be nice to have him in SA.

SirChaz
07-26-2005, 02:21 AM
Hunter has height and is athletic. He can block shots but is a poor rebounder for his size and is still pretty inconsistant.

He made it past waivers last year. He has shown flashes but he still has a way to go.

I would love for the Suns to re-sign him but it would be a mistake for anyone to give him serious money. I still think he could reach a deal with the Suns.

Nash to Amare
07-26-2005, 11:16 AM
This guy is Shaq without the muscle. The suns don't need to waste any money on a backup. Kurt Thomas fits this team.