PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: now sons I know we all like to have fun and games on this board, but this is pathetic

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 05:06 PM
The Spurs have the best record in the NBA right now and still can't get decent fan support. there are thousands upon thousands of tickets for upcoming games starting at .39 cents and most under $5.00. they're basically having to give blocks of tickets away in order to make the arena look full. if the Spurs were a bottom feeding team then this would be understandable, but considering they have the best record in the NBA it is downright pathetic. I feel for the players who are out there busting their ass and putting a quality product on the floor only to have to give away tickets damn near for free in order to fill the place up. don't worry though, the Spur fan front runners do show up when the big name teams are in town (where likely half of the arena will be visiting team fans and jerseys). that "big game" tickets start at the staggering price of $17.00.

http://i49.tinypic.com/1z3rmfa.jpg

http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSearch?pageNumber=1&rows=50&searchMode=event&searchStr=san%20antonio%20spurs&location=707;Austin%20/%20San%20Antonio,%20Texas******Date=2013-03-03;5&endDate=2013-04-01;04/01/2013

LkrFan
03-03-2013, 05:09 PM
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Thebesteva
03-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Damn $17.00? The parking at LA is $20.00...dem small market perks

hater
03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
yes. the players give a shit about ticket prices :lmao

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 05:13 PM
I mean even the shitty ass, lottery bound Pelicans tickets cost more ...

http://i50.tinypic.com/abgevr.jpg

http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSearch?searchStr=New+Orleans+Hornets&pageNumber=1&resultsPerPage=50&searchMode=event******=0&rows=50&geo_exp=1

Reck
03-03-2013, 05:15 PM
You could have just used the first thread you made about Spurs ticket price you know.

benstanfield
03-03-2013, 05:15 PM
http://www.stubhub.com/san-antonio-spurs-tickets/san-antonio-spurs-san-antonio-at-t-center-3-11-2013-4120011/

Parking.

Reck
03-03-2013, 05:16 PM
But yeah lol 40 cents ticket. :lol

AussieFanKurt
03-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Why do you spend so much time checking other teams ticket prices son?

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Average starting ticket price for the next 9 home games for each team ....

New Orleans Pelicans (21-39) - $11.55

San Antonio Spurs (46-14) - $4.13

hater
03-03-2013, 05:18 PM

he's a pelican fan. what else could he possibly be doing?

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Another expired shtick, yawn, tbh..

BRPussy just doing his thing..

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 05:20 PM

son I haven't posted about this in quite sometime and its only with the Spurs that its even a story. I was honestly shocked last year during the playoffs to see just how pitiful the demand and fan support is in San Antonio. I didn't expect it again this year considering the Spurs have the best record in the NBA. its obvious that both the Spurs organization and big businesses in the San Antonio area are buying out blocks of tickets and basically giving them away on sites like Stubhub in order to attempt to fill the place up.

blkroadrunners
03-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Average starting ticket price for the next 9 home games for each team ....

New Orleans Pelicans (21-39) - $11.55

San Antonio Spurs (46-14) - $4.13

Yea take away the Heat game that's $2.96 right there.

thunderup
03-03-2013, 05:24 PM
:wow I didn't know their ticket prices were this cheap

AussieFanKurt
03-03-2013, 05:25 PM
son they just know all the mexicans in SA can't afford tickets so they make that shit cheap as, they make plenty of money anyways

AussieFanKurt
03-03-2013, 05:25 PM
:wow I didn't know their ticket prices were this cheap

change bandwagons!

HI-FI
03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
BR does this schtick all the time. as for our ticket prices, when a large percentage of your population would rather watch telenovelas and feed their 10 kids, you gotta lower prices to bring them in.

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Yea take away the Heat game that's $2.96 right there.

ok son I'll play your game. lets take away the front runner game from each (OKC for Spurs, MIA for Pelicans)

Average starting ticket price for those 8 games ...

New Orleans Pelicans (21-39) - $3.00

San Antonio Spurs (46-14) - 2.52

is that something you really want to brag about? the Pelicans are a lottery team and the Spurs have the best record in the NBA. plus our front runner game tickets with the Heat start at $80. the Spurs front runner game tickets with the Thunder start at $17. this isn't about the Pelicans vs the Spurs, but I'll expose the facts when you ask for them. The Spurs have the lowest demand for tickets out of any of the legit playoff teams in the NBA.

Bynumite
03-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Beanerrific prices tbh imho.

td4mvp2k
03-03-2013, 05:30 PM
he's a pelican fan. what else could he possibly be doing?:lmao

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 05:30 PM
BR does this schtick all the time. as for our ticket prices, when a large percentage of your population would rather watch telenovelas and feed their 10 kids, you gotta lower prices to bring them in.

welcome to the board newbie son. I'm glad you're a fan.

this is not "schtick". this is fact.

Dancelot
03-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Who gives a shit

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Who gives a shit

oh how convenient

Reck
03-03-2013, 05:38 PM
welcome to the board newbie son. I'm glad you're a fan.

this is not "schtick". this is fact.

It is a schtick if you keep making threads about the same thing.

If you feel happy that the Pelicans have higher ticket prices, good for you son.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-03-2013, 05:39 PM
lol, some seats are horrible in the AT&T center which would explain why the starting price is so cheap. What you show proves nothing, of course nosebleeders are cheap for an team except for BIG games

Ellsworth
03-03-2013, 05:41 PM
So that means the Pelicans & most others are doing much better than the Spurs:wakeup
Too bad, many Spurs fans don't live in SA... maybe some day :toast

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 05:46 PM
It is a schtick if you keep making threads about the same thing.

If you feel happy that the Pelicans have higher ticket prices, good for you son.

nonsense.

I haven't made a thread about ticket prices since the playoffs last year. it is news and certainly shocking to see, but no one wants to talk about it because its the Spurs. everyone loves to rag on the Heat for using white towels to cover up their empty seats during the playoffs, but turn the other cheek to the Spurs pathetic fan support. if the Lakers fan support was this bad then it would be front page news every day on this board. is it also schtick when the same 3 dozen posters make multiple Kobe threads on here as well?

you are confused my friend.

blkroadrunners
03-03-2013, 05:49 PM
ok son I'll play your game. lets take away the front runner game from each (OKC for Spurs, MIA for Pelicans)

Average starting ticket price for those 8 games ...

New Orleans Pelicans (21-39) - $3.00

San Antonio Spurs (46-14) - 2.52

is that something you really want to brag about? the Pelicans are a lottery team and the Spurs have the best record in the NBA. plus our front runner game tickets with the Heat start at $80. the Spurs front runner game tickets with the Thunder start at $17. this isn't about the Pelicans vs the Spurs, but I'll expose the facts when you ask for them. The Spurs have the lowest demand for tickets out of any of the legit playoff teams in the NBA.

Cheaper beer too, but hey I ain't complaining.

fevertrees
03-03-2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.crocketteers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/San_Antonio_Thunder_4.jpg

Koolaid_Man
03-03-2013, 05:52 PM
nonsense.

I haven't made a thread about ticket prices since the playoffs last year. it is news and certainly shocking to see, but no one wants to talk about it because its the Spurs. everyone loves to rag on the Heat for using white towels to cover up their empty seats during the playoffs, but turn the other cheek to the Spurs pathetic fan support. if the Lakers fan support was this bad then it would be front page news every day on this board. is it also schtick when the same 3 dozen posters make multiple Kobe threads on here as well?

you are confused my friend.

ey now listen here boi...dem dere tickets get to under .10 well now you holla at cha boy Kool....I'm gonna throw all the chalupa and gordito eating gringo's in SA...a real ciesta for everyone...now you run along dere boi and put Kool in your fave 5 for a quick call back...

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Cheaper beer too, but hey I ain't complaining.

thank you for being the first Spur fan to understand this post. everything has to be ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK! instead of talking about the issue at hand. why do you think the demand for Spurs tickets is so low in San Antonio? this clearly isn't anything new as they were struggling to fill the arena last year during the playoffs as well. they always seem to get most of the arena filled, but having to give away blocks of tickets like this is pretty unusual for successful teams in the NBA.

Juggity
03-03-2013, 06:30 PM
I mean, their strategy of lower ticket prices seems to be working since they have the 11th best attendance in the league despite being small-market.

If only all teams could be so generous to their fans.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 06:35 PM
I mean, their strategy of lower ticket prices seems to be working since they have the 11th best attendance in the league despite being small-market.

If only all teams could be so generous to their fans.

and like I said its clear that the Spurs organization and big business in the San Antonio area are buying out blocks of tickets and basically giving them away. its good for the cheapskate/casual fan, but it shows the lack of demand for Spurs tickets. no other playoff contending team, much less with the best record in the NBA have as cheap of tickets like the Spurs ALWAYS do.

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 06:37 PM
a family of four could attend a Spurs game for cheaper than you could get a soda at the concession stand in any NBA arena.

Suspect
03-03-2013, 06:38 PM
My friend texted me this morning trying to sell 2 tickets to the spurs game tonight. Section 124 for $70. I just laughed.

DeadlyDynasty
03-03-2013, 06:41 PM
a family of four could attend a Spurs game for cheaper than you could get a soda at the concession stand in any NBA arena.

:lmao

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 06:45 PM
My friend texted me this morning trying to sell 2 tickets to the spurs game tonight. Section 124 for $70. I just laughed.

yea I mean its unbelievable really. I feel for the season ticket holders who got screwed into paying those prices whenever they could get them insanely cheaper just buying game by game.

it looks like all of the .39 cent tickets are sold out for tonight though. the cheapest tickets went up to .50 cents for tonight's game. there are also still thousands of quality tickets still available including tons of them in the upper level center of the court starting at $1.00 with most falling around the $1.00-$5.00 range. the lower level tickets are starting around $18.

Samuel Eto'o
03-03-2013, 06:49 PM
yes. the players give a shit about ticket prices :lmao

Another expired shtick, yawn, tbh..

BRPussy just doing his thing..

:lol BR, with the goods...

blkroadrunners
03-03-2013, 07:02 PM
thank you for being the first Spur fan to understand this post. everything has to be ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK! instead of talking about the issue at hand. why do you think the demand for Spurs tickets is so low in San Antonio? this clearly isn't anything new as they were struggling to fill the arena last year during the playoffs as well. they always seem to get most of the arena filled, but having to give away blocks of tickets like this is pretty unusual for successful teams in the NBA.

Beats me, tbh. I would expect NOs price tix to be right there with SA if not lower, especially since Louisiana is much bigger on the Saints and Tigers.

KaiRMD1
03-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Man, I usually respect your truthful aspects when it comes to things that matters, you know, skill level and points taken from the games but caring about ticket prices? More importantly, another team's ticket prices? Come on bro, you're talking shit about another team having affordable cheap tickets? :lol Yes, we all want to be unable to see our teams play because the ticket prices are too expensive, yeah

Mori Chu
03-03-2013, 07:13 PM
LOL @ $0.65 ticket for Magic vs. Hornets game.

Malice
03-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Obviously ticket prices directly effect the success of a team. Hi LA LA land! And some how they still continue to be a model franchise, teams try to emulate, not just in the NBA, but other sports as well. Maybe they're on to something here? Ever think of that?

siraulo23
03-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I dunno why spurs fans are upset. BR just speaking the truth

weebo
03-03-2013, 07:41 PM
The Spurs are a small market team playing in a state with 2 other NBA teams... so obviously their fan base will be a lot smaller (hence the lower ticket prices) . Its not like the shit-hole state the pelicants play in where the only time those fans get to see NBA action is when the other team comes to town.

PingPong
03-03-2013, 07:43 PM
The hollywood people pay way more than the texans farmers. That's why the L.A. mexicans can afford more expensive tickets than the San Antônio ones.

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Man, I usually respect your truthful aspects when it comes to things that matters, you know, skill level and points taken from the games but caring about ticket prices? More importantly, another team's ticket prices? Come on bro, you're talking shit about another team having affordable cheap tickets? :lol Yes, we all want to be unable to see our teams play because the ticket prices are too expensive, yeah

again the same ole nonsense and attitude of ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!!! if you don't like the truth.

I could careless about the ticket prices, but it is newsworthy that the team with the best record in the NBA has such a low demand for tickets.

Juggity
03-03-2013, 08:07 PM
and like I said its clear that the Spurs organization and big business in the San Antonio area are buying out blocks of tickets and basically giving them away. its good for the cheapskate/casual fan, but it shows the lack of demand for Spurs tickets. no other playoff contending team, much less with the best record in the NBA have as cheap of tickets like the Spurs ALWAYS do.

The AT&T center isn't in a particularly great part of town either.

Beyond the Spurs games, there's literally no reason to be over there unless you live in the section 8 housing down the road. There are only so many people willing to go to a basketball game for the basketball. A lot of people looking for other attractions close by as much as the game itself might find arenas in other cities more attractive due to proximity to such things.

The spurs are a good team, though. They sell out their playoff games (when ticket prices are much more expensive) and important reg. season games.

KaiRMD1
03-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Son, I'm not attacking you, I'm just saying this is not really that big a deal but obviously it is to you so my apologies since it looks like I hurt your feelings and you took my reply as an attack. Go on, care about the ticket prices, I'll worry about other things like winning games. I'll buy a nice row of cheap seats in the process when I'm done in San Antonio come April and thank you in the process for giving me the heads up :tu

Latarian Milton
03-03-2013, 08:10 PM
san antonio isn't as much of a basketball city even as the big D imho, and san antonio doesn't have any other major league sports team like cowboys or texans tbh. san antonians would rather save the $ for a piece of fat taco imho

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 08:13 PM
The AT&T center isn't in a particularly great part of town either.

Beyond the Spurs games, there's literally no reason to be over there unless you live in the section 8 housing down the road. There are only so many people willing to go to a basketball game for the basketball. A lot of people looking for other attractions close by as much as the game itself might find arenas in other cities more attractive due to proximity to such things.

The spurs are a good team, though. They sell out their playoff games (when ticket prices are much more expensive) and important reg. season games.

their playoff games last year were dirt cheap as well.

regardless the AT&T Center is a beautiful arena. very good game experience for fans.

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Go on, care about the ticket prices

you're not listening. I could careless about the ticket prices. however it is newsworthy and odd that such a good team with the best record in the NBA has such a low demand for tickets. they struggled with this last season too even during the playoffs. who knows just how long this has been the norm in San Antonio?

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 08:16 PM
san antonio isn't as much of a basketball city even as the big D imho, and san antonio doesn't have any other major league sports team like cowboys or texans tbh. san antonians would rather save the $ for a piece of fat taco imho

I bet if they put an MLS team in San Antonio then most people there would forget about the Spurs more so than they already have. MLS would thrive in San Antonio IMO.

NFL, MLB, or NHL? not so much.

KaiRMD1
03-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Actually, it's "you're not reading" but whatever, the thing is you brought this up last year. If it happened last season and during the playoffs as well, why is it so odd now? Why do you believe things should have changed for the most boring team in the NBA? The team that gets the least amount of press? Also, what website is that? Stubhub? A site known for selling cheaper tickets than norm? It's more newsworthy if the AT&T center was selling tickets that cheap. But it is good to know that somebody who isn't a fan of the Spurs considers it newsworthy while Spurs fans care about other things. And again, not an attack.

EVAY
03-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I'll tell you why, from my perspective as a former season ticket holder for 13 seasons. First, in the Alamodome, the tickets were quite inexpensive even for good seats. Then, they made Holt and company happy by underwriting an expensive new arena is a dicey part of town that is not easy to get to, especially in the earlier AT&T years when I-10 was constantly under construction and the drive from the northwest side of San Antonio to the Southeast side (where the Arena is) was a good solid hour through contraction-laden rush hour traffice.

In the new arena, the lower section tickets required not only a huge price increase for a per game ticket, but they also required that anyone who wanted to pay for a lower level seat had to 'BUY' the seat, (called a charter seat), only salable if you gave up your season tickets to someone else and could convince that person to buy your 'Charter' for the same or bigger price that you paid.

then they require that in order to buy playoff tickets to your own seats, you have to purchase (all of) them before the all-star break (when you really have no idea if the team is doing well or not). For a lot of years, the team would then wait until the end of the summer before you would get your money back. But in terms of getting your money back, remember that you had to buy playoff tickets before the all-star game, and then you had to buy the next season's tickets before the
playoffs began even, which means that, for people (like me) pay the entire thing in advance, you are really screwed with respect to 'float'. And it was always a sign of lack of respect for us.

Then there was the parking fee, which was considerable, and poor, given what you were paying for premium seats. You could get there 45 minutes in advance but you still couldn't get the best parking because that was always set aside for players and players and staff's families, so there was no end to the amount of times that the team made you feel like you should consider yourself lucky to be allowed to pay in excess of $30K per year in basketball games.

None of the above even begins to account for the mediocre food for which the season ticket holder is supposed to pay premium prices.

At some point, your common sense says "this is far too hard and far too expensive to be treated like I am lucky to be able to pay all of this money to watch Pop play some game that says 'the regular season (which you are paying around $400 per game for) is for shit so I don't care what happens in the regular season I only care what happens in the post season.

That's why we quit and started watching on tv and spending our money on our grandchildren.

DMC
03-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Who cares? I wouldn't pay 5 dollars for a court side seat to either Pelicans or Spurs. Why? Because I can watch it on TV and pause or rewind it and don't have to drive to and from the game, and a drink at home doesn't cost 8 dollars.

Latarian Milton
03-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Who cares? I wouldn't pay 5 dollars for a court side seat to either Pelicans or Spurs. Why? Because I can watch it on TV and pause or rewind it and don't have to drive to and from the game, and a drink at home doesn't cost 8 dollars.
but i thought you were a rich immigrant who had the privilege to piss away his $ for fun tbh

DMC
03-03-2013, 08:52 PM
but i thought you were a rich immigrant who had the privilege to piss away his $ for fun tbh

Its the "fun" part you need to focus on.

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 08:53 PM

son I find that very hard to believe.

even if what you are saying is true, are you really that cheap? there is nothing wrong with enjoying the game in your home. that's not the point. you seem completely against the idea of having to pay money for a game experience. this generation of Americans with the "give me! give me! give me!" attitude I swear.
the fact that you said you wouldn't pay $5 for court side seats tells us that you're cheap.

Latarian Milton
03-03-2013, 09:06 PM

even if what you are saying is true, are you really that cheap? there is nothing wrong with enjoying the game in your home. that's not the point. you seem completely against the idea of having to pay money for a game experience. this generation of Americans with the "give me! give me! give me!" attitude I swear.
the fact that you said you wouldn't pay $5 for court side seats tells us that you're cheap.
or it tells us what he actually is. a yellow is cheap throughout his sorry life, no matter how much $ he has

td4mvp2k
03-03-2013, 09:11 PM
a family of four could attend a Spurs game for cheaper than you could get a soda at the concession stand in any NBA arena.dis aint Popeyes foo!

td4mvp2k
03-03-2013, 09:15 PM
san antonio isn't as much of a basketball city even as the big D imho, and san antonio doesn't have any other major league sports team like cowboys or texans tbh. san antonians would rather save the $ for a piece of fat taco imhoSA is Cowboys town man!

td4mvp2k
03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
I bet if they put an MLS team in San Antonio then most people there would forget about the Spurs more so than they already have. MLS would thrive in San Antonio IMO.

NFL, MLB, or NHL? not so much.

:lol @ mls... stfu

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 09:23 PM
:lol @ mls... stfu

son don't be ignorant.

the demand for soccer in Texas from San Antonio to Houston is very high. I guarantee you an MLS team would thrive in San Antonio.

td4mvp2k
03-03-2013, 09:28 PM
son don't be ignorant.

the demand for soccer in Texas from San Antonio to Houston is very high. I guarantee you an MLS team would thrive in San Antonio.
Ya theyre the Scopions... SON!

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Ya theyre the Scopions... SON!

the Scorpions are not an MLS team. however they do consistently lead the NASL in attendance by far. their stadium's technical "sell out" figure is around 8,000 and the Scorpions constantly average well over that including the highest game attendance in that league's history of over 13,000.

2012 NASL Attendance

1. San Antonio: 9176
2. Atlanta: 4505
3. Carolina: 3883
4. Ft Lauderdale: 3609
5. Tampa Bay: 3116
6. Minnesota: 2796
7. PR: 1864
8. Edmonton: 1492

td4mvp2k
03-03-2013, 09:42 PM
the Scorpions are not an MLS team.MLS or not its pro soccer in SA.

Bill_Brasky
03-03-2013, 09:44 PM
God damn, the Spurs just never cease to amaze me with their class. Friendly, affordable prices so everyone in town can come.

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 09:48 PM
MLS or not its pro soccer in SA.

:lol

nice back tracking. now that you know the Scorpions are not an MLS team (which you clearly didn't before) you claim its still pro soccer in San Antonio as if that covers up your nonsense posted earlier. that wasn't even the point dumb dumb. I said an MLS team would thrive in San Antonio and you went on a sarcastic and ignorant rampage about it for no reason. I was complimenting San Antonio for the soccer demand they have.

td4mvp2k
03-03-2013, 09:53 PM
nice back tracking. now that you know the Scorpions are not an MLS team (which you clearly didn't before) you claim its still pro soccer in San Antonio as if that covers up your nonsense posted earlier. that wasn't even the point dumb dumb. I said an MLS team would thrive in San Antonio and you went on a sarcastic and ignorant rampage about it for no reason. I was complimenting San Antonio for the soccer demand they have.
:lol @ you whos the dumb dumb for not knowing of a soccer team in SA :lol

Spurs9
03-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Who cares what the ticket prices start at? Those are going to be for the last row on a angle, I've sat there before, they are terrible seats. I usually sit in the lower level and always buy off ebay or Stubhub. The arena is always full either way so I don't see the problem. If you want to piss away more money than necessary on Pelican tickets just to say you can be my guest. I can afford season tickets to any seat in the house, but I buy select games off Stubhub to save money. The cost of living for everything is cheaper here in SA, people aren't going to spend LA/NY prices for tickets. If you are shocked at how cheap the prices, buy some good tickets, and drive your ass to a game from NO. I've paid $10 for tickets and I've paid over $300 for them. You do realize that all of the tickets on Stubhub have ALREADY been bought at fullprice, owners are just reselling them. Its not going to effect the team or players. :lol

BRHornet45
03-03-2013, 09:59 PM
:lol @ you whos the dumb dumb for not knowing of a soccer team in SA :lol

Christ almighty how old are you? absolutely nowhere in any of these post did I ever say or was it hinted that I didn't know the Scorpions were in San Antonio. I simply said that an MLS team would thrive in San Antonio. I've known about the Scorpions and have actually attended one of their games before. you know there is a difference between the MLS and NASL right? a very big difference. that would be like comparing a single A baseball team to an MLB team.

you are literally too stupid to continue this conversation with. of all my years on this message board you are arguably the dumbest person I have ever came across. surely you are a troll of Ghazi or someone though right?

td4mvp2k
03-03-2013, 10:05 PM
you know there is a difference between the MLS and NASL right? a very big difference. that would be like comparing a single A baseball team to an MLB team.
:lol @ this DA comparing soccer to baseball... stfu! :lol

Latarian Milton
03-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Christ almighty how old are you? absolutely nowhere in any of these post did I ever say or was it hinted that I didn't know the Scorpions were in San Antonio. I simply said that an MLS team would thrive in San Antonio. I've known about the Scorpions and have actually attended one of their games before. you know there is a difference between the MLS and NASL right? a very big difference. that would be like comparing a single A baseball team to an MLB team.

you are literally too stupid to continue this conversation with. of all my years on this message board you are arguably the dumbest person I have ever came across. surely you are a troll of Ghazi or someone though right?
ghazi wouldn't have masqueraded as a spurs fan imho, dude might pretend like a pistons or cavs fan but there's not a damn possibility he acts as a spurs fan tbh

Grit and Grind
03-04-2013, 12:55 AM
LOL Grizzlies games are not this cheap ..... No wonder why the Mexicans can afford some SAS tickets

Roger Freemason Jr.
03-04-2013, 01:15 AM
Honestly, I don't think BR is trying to insult the Spurs organization, but he's absolutely right. The fanbase is pathetic, they are just a bunch of fat mexicans, who are more dedicated to their bud lights than standing up, getting loud, and rooting for their team. There's no intimidation factor about coming to the AT&T center, obviously other than the Spurs being naturally more comfortable. As a city, and a fan-base, we don't deserve a bottom-feeding team, MUCH LESS one of the best teams in the league.

LittleCriminal
03-04-2013, 04:55 AM
How is overpaying to Watch a losing team in the Nba better than underpaying to watch a winning team in the Nba?
To me paying more to watch a team suck, sucks!!

rayjayjohnson
03-04-2013, 05:05 AM
They screaming and running its a tab bit late
BRHornet had a need to regulate.

spurraider21
03-04-2013, 05:19 AM
one of the reasons i hate living in LA. if spurs-laker games had tix this cheap.... i'd save a LOT of money heh

JingleJangleJingle
03-04-2013, 05:37 AM
why do people get so butthurt over this lol?

BRHornet45
03-04-2013, 05:44 AM
Honestly, I don't think BR is trying to insult the Spurs organization, but he's absolutely right. The fanbase is pathetic, they are just a bunch of fat mexicans, who are more dedicated to their bud lights than standing up, getting loud, and rooting for their team. There's no intimidation factor about coming to the AT&T center, obviously other than the Spurs being naturally more comfortable. As a city, and a fan-base, we don't deserve a bottom-feeding team, MUCH LESS one of the best teams in the league.

son God bless you and your family tonight.

this has never been about bashing the Spurs as I have stated numerous times. it just blows my mind that such a top level team has to struggle and basically give away tickets in order to fill the arena up. the simple fact that on any given night I can go to a Spurs game for less than $1.00 is mind blowing.

BRHornet45
03-04-2013, 05:45 AM
They screaming and running its a tab bit late
BRHornet had a need to regulate.

son it's been a clear black night, a clear white moon.

DMC
03-04-2013, 08:06 PM

I am cheap. All you had to do was ask (or aks, depending on how ethnically challenged you are).

Man In Black
03-04-2013, 10:14 PM
I don't get it. A company like Stubhub just takes a ticket that was bought at face value and re-sells it. If somebody wants to take a Loss for whatever reason and price it at less than a $1, it's their right. This is America and they can do that.

Also, even though it gives a low price, it's not accurate. I mean look at the Heat game. It says $18 but the lowest right now is $66.

Since I don't live in Texas, I had to buy 2 sets of tickets for Clippers and Heat. And even if I'm sitting in relatively the same area for both games, the price diff between Clippers and Heat is large.

Okay...If it makes BR feel good to talk about the Re-sale ticket market in San Antonio, feel free....but can you post more pics of that one chick with the large milk jugs?

Kool Bob Love
03-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Who cares what the ticket prices start at? Those are going to be for the last row on a angle, I've sat there before, they are terrible seats. I usually sit in the lower level and always buy off ebay or Stubhub. The arena is always full either way so I don't see the problem. If you want to piss away more money than necessary on Pelican tickets just to say you can be my guest. I can afford season tickets to any seat in the house, but I buy select games off Stubhub to save money. The cost of living for everything is cheaper here in SA, people aren't going to spend LA/NY prices for tickets. If you are shocked at how cheap the prices, buy some good tickets, and drive your ass to a game from NO. I've paid $10 for tickets and I've paid over $300 for them. You do realize that all of the tickets on Stubhub have ALREADY been bought at fullprice, owners are just reselling them. Its not going to effect the team or players. :lol

The OP had a response to all the other post but this one.

Troll job 6/10

Kool Bob Love
03-04-2013, 10:36 PM
son God bless you and your family tonight.

this has never been about bashing the Spurs as I have stated numerous times. it just blows my mind that such a top level team has to struggle and basically give away tickets in order to fill the arena up. the simple fact that on any given night I can go to a Spurs game for less than $1.00 is mind blowing.

Read post above.

Kool Bob Love
03-04-2013, 10:38 PM

Now this is a 10/10 troll job. Not only did he attack his own team but also the city of San Antonio and its people.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jYOE3MbhCxo/UAliRP8LwbI/AAAAAAAAD1o/diyeu3vAeRc/s640/now-is-the-time-to-be-upset.gif

Kool Bob Love
03-04-2013, 10:43 PM

The at&t seats 18,581
The average spurs games has a attendance of 18,385

Women logic not even once.

hehateme
03-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Only been to one game while living in SA and so far I don't regret going back. The area the arena is built in makes me feel that I'll be stabbed by a sharp chalupa after a loss if rooting for the other team.

BRHornet45
03-05-2013, 12:56 AM
The OP had a response to all the other post but this one.

Troll job 6/10

son you are extraordinary ignorant. it has been addressed time and time again in this thread. who gives a shit if Stubhub is a second hand site? yes the Spurs sell the seats because its obvious that thousands of tickets are being bought out in blocks by big corporations and likely the Spurs themselves and that is why the same 4 or 5 thousand tickets end up on sites like Stubhub every single game. regardless if the seats are used or not they will be counted as sold because of the corporation buyouts and other buyouts, but that has nothing to do with the point. the POINT is the demand is very low for Spurs tickets dumb dumb. no one is willing to spend money to go to the games hence why there are always thousands of tickets for next to nothing on second hand sites.

pay the fuck attention .... or at least try to.

Man In Black
03-05-2013, 02:45 AM
Curious...if it's obvious...then shouldn't the gentleman from Louisiana be able to procure data that proves it so?

Since it's obvious and all?

timvp
03-05-2013, 03:31 AM
In the preseason, timvp and I bought a dozen tickets (because our kids run around a lot and we don't like to bother people - so we buy 12 when we just need 6) for just over a dollar in the lower level.

I know it's preseason, but a dollar for 12 tickets?! :lmao

--Kori

Kool Bob Love
03-05-2013, 03:40 AM
son you are extraordinary ignorant. it has been addressed time and time again in this thread. who gives a shit if Stubhub is a second hand site? yes the Spurs sell the seats because its obvious that thousands of tickets are being bought out in blocks by big corporations and likely the Spurs themselves and that is why the same 4 or 5 thousand tickets end up on sites like Stubhub every single game. regardless if the seats are used or not they will be counted as sold because of the corporation buyouts and other buyouts, but that has nothing to do with the point. the POINT is the demand is very low for Spurs tickets dumb dumb. no one is willing to spend money to go to the games hence why there are always thousands of tickets for next to nothing on second hand sites.

pay the fuck attention .... or at least try to.

7/10 troll job

Love the insults. BR you been fallin off every season. When I join back in 09 you were one of the best trolls on here. Now I guess father time has caught up to you.

So the demand is low but big corporations are buying them out? Again you must be a women with that kind of logic. Also the only games I see with "4 or 5 thousand tickets" are the games in April. No one wants to see POP rest the starters for the playoffs. The Magic, Hawks, Kings, and Wolves are not worth the .99 cents. Again you being a Hornets fan you would appreciate poverty basketball. Spurs fans do not. Put the money in a piggy bank to save up for the playoffs.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the Spurs season.

Kool Bob Love
03-05-2013, 03:44 AM
In the preseason, timvp and I bought a dozen tickets (because our kids run around a lot and we don't like to bother people - so we buy 12 when we just need 6) for just over a dollar in the lower level.

I know it's preseason, but a dollar for 12 tickets?! :lmao

--Kori

Was this in the 200 section?
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27453238.jpg

Spurs9
03-05-2013, 08:27 AM
BR still fails to understand someone paid full ticket prices for those. Stubhub = resellers