PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Who are the Clippers going to get steamrolled by in the playoffs?

Riddler
03-03-2013, 05:11 PM
I see them as a first round exit.

Clipper Nation
03-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Whoever they play in the second round, tbh.... this team is a head coach, a spot-up shooting threat, and an actual perimeter defense away from contention....

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Clippers would benefit from an early exit if it leads to VDN's dismissal, tbh..

ffadicted
03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
They'll get by first round and get rolfstomped by the thunder tbqh

KaiRMD1
03-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I see them getting knocked out in the second round for sure. It's possible they could get upset in the first round as well.

Latarian Milton
03-03-2013, 08:04 PM
monkeyballers may just be resting & saving for the playoffs imho. niggas will play the best they can in order to convince CP3 to re-sign with them and you dont know the ceiling of this team with a healthy paul. clippers will certainly have a better chance than the castrated OKC against teams like spurs and miami imho

EVAY
03-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Whoever they play in the first round, tbh.

racm
03-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Given the current seedings, they'll be facing the Warriors...

who have the season series 3-1.

Grit and Grind
03-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Honestly think the Grizzlies will get the 3rd seed IMO

teddygreen
03-04-2013, 12:26 AM
The Clippers have to start Eric Bledsoe and move Chauncey to the bench. Billups looks done as is strictly a backup PG at this point. Bledsoe is the Clippers third best player, and that moron VDN refuses to play him. Nice article about Bledsoe by Clipperblog:

http://clipperblog.com/2013/03/03/how-they-bled-with-no-bled-2/

Asif Ali Zardari
03-04-2013, 12:27 AM
:lmao

Everybody thought the Clippers were the top team in LA. Not so fast, they are still the Clippers and we're still the Lakers.

Kai
03-04-2013, 12:48 AM
I'm optimistic Houston gets the 6 seed, so hopefully the Rockets :lol

Most likely they'll lose to OKC in 6 in the west semis.

Grit and Grind
03-04-2013, 12:50 AM

If you get 6th you will most likely get Memphis tbh

Bynumite
03-04-2013, 01:16 AM
I like to watch the clippers playoff ball tbh because they always provide the lulz with new and hilarious flopping gifs. Everybody knows they step up their flopping game during the playoffs.

http://uppix.net/2/4/f/80f6c3b1ea8b66b20035614c2a80e.gifhttp://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1065977/reggie_medium.gifhttp://h9.abload.de/img/untitled-2htlql.gifhttp://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1095576/gasolll_medium.gif

HarlemHeat37
03-04-2013, 01:21 AM
:lol, I hadn't seen any of those, nice..

whitemamba
03-04-2013, 01:27 AM
I like to watch the clippers playoff ball tbh because they always provide the lulz with new and hilarious flopping gifs. Everybody knows they step up their flopping game during the playoffs.

http://uppix.net/2/4/f/80f6c3b1ea8b66b20035614c2a80e.gifhttp://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1065977/reggie_medium.gifhttp://h9.abload.de/img/untitled-2htlql.gifhttp://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1095576/gasolll_medium.gif

:lol

irishock
03-04-2013, 01:29 AM
1st round to GSW

Grit and Grind
03-04-2013, 01:31 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1106006/griffinscuffle_medium.gif

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Firing VDN wouldn't solve the real problems with the Clippers which were on full display in the last 2 minutes against OKC. Their halfcourt offense in crunch time is Chris Paul running around like a chicken with its head cut off then taking a low percentage fall away shot over a defender several inches taller than he is. Chris Paul isos are never going to be the go-to play for a team that wins a championship. The Clips are a new coach and a wing player who can create shots for himself in the 4th quarter of close games away from being real contenders. A potential KG and Pierce trade was really their best shot.

The Clips are still gonna make the 2nd round unless they get unlucky and play the Lakers in the 1st round (in which case the Lakers would be the 6th seed and cruising when the playoffs start, Lakers fans would be back in droves, and the Lakers would have 7 home games). Golden State, Utah and Houston are all gonna be quick exits as young teams with no superstar talent or playoff experience, while this Nuggets team is gonna get murdered in the 1st round the same way it has the last two years,

Amuseddaysleeper
03-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Firing VDN wouldn't solve the real problems with the Clippers which were on full display in the last 2 minutes against OKC. Their halfcourt offense in crunch time is Chris Paul running around like a chicken with its head cut off then taking a low percentage fall away shot over a defender several inches taller than he is. Chris Paul isos are never going to be the go-to play for a team that wins a championship. The Clips are a new coach and a wing player who can create shots for himself in the 4th quarter of close games away from being real contenders. A potential KG and Pierce trade was really their best shot.

The Clips are still gonna make the 2nd round unless they get unlucky and play the Lakers in the 1st round (in which case the Lakers would be the 6th seed and cruising when the playoffs start, Lakers fans would be back in droves, and the Lakers would have 7 home games). Golden State, Utah and Houston are all gonna be quick exits as young teams with no superstar talent or playoff experience, while this Nuggets team is gonna get murdered in the 1st round the same way it has the last two years,

Spurs vs Thunder in the WCF, who you got?

Mugen
03-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Meh, the West is weak this year outside of OKC & San Antonio. Only the Spurs would steamroll them in 5 tbh. They'd have a chance against OKC and would probably beat every other team out West.

:lol Lakerfan thinking that the Clippers wouldn't stomp em out in the 1st round. Clipps would probably prefer the Lakers over a team like GSW or HOU. The Little Brother syndrome and all the matchup issues would result in the Clippers knocking them out in 5 tbh.

Robz4000
03-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Meh, the West is weak this year outside of OKC & San Antonio. Only the Spurs would steamroll them in 5 tbh. They'd have a chance against OKC and would probably beat every other team out West.

:lol Lakerfan thinking that the Clippers wouldn't stomp em out in the 1st round. Clipps would probably prefer the Lakers over a team like GSW or HOU. The Little Brother syndrome and all the matchup issues would result in the Clippers knocking them out in 5 tbh.

Shit, the entire NBA is weak this year outside of Miami, OKC, and San Antonio.

Mugen
03-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Shit, the entire NBA is weak this year outside of Miami, OKC, and San Antonio.

The Heat would send KD back crying into the butter arms of his obese mother again tbh. They might have had a chance with Harden but :lmao @ Kevin Martin being a difference maker.

I don't think the Spurs would fare much better but they'd def be tougher for the Heat IMO.

Robz4000
03-04-2013, 03:46 PM
The Heat would send KD back crying into the butter arms of his obese mother again tbh. They might have had a chance with Harden but :lmao @ Kevin Martin being a difference maker.

I don't think the Spurs would fare much better but they'd def be tougher for the Heat IMO.

Yop, but those are the only two teams with even a small chance to win. Now I know how the rest of the NBA felt during the 90s.

Clipper Nation
03-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Firing VDN wouldn't solve the real problems with the Clippers which were on full display in the last 2 minutes against OKC.
The biggest problems with the Clippers are on full display all game, every game, and that's the utter lack of a defined offense, horrendous perimeter defense, shitty plays out of timeouts, and late or nonexistent adjustments, tbh.... granted, the roster still has a couple flaws (most notably the lack of a spot-up shooter like Battier or Kevin Martin), but bringing in someone competent with a brain in his head, like Mike Budenholzer for example, would immediately solve the most glaring issues with this team...

Their halfcourt offense in crunch time is Chris Paul running around like a chicken with its head cut off then taking a low percentage fall away shot over a defender several inches taller than he is. Chris Paul isos are never going to be the go-to play for a team that wins a championship.
The Clippers' halfcourt offense ALL GAME is either "bail me out, Chris" or "make me look good, Jamal" because Vinny is completely retarded... but I completely disagree with CP3 not being a championship crunch-time option, he is statistically one of the best closers in the league and usually creates good shots for himself or others down the stretch when needed....

Koolaid_Man
03-04-2013, 04:10 PM

Houston will get six....Utah will slip out...the Warriors will drop to 8 and Lakers will snag 7....SA will slip to 2 and face LA in the first round where they'll get curb stomped by LA in the middle of the night... boys in the tha hood style....this is destiny....

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 04:31 PM
The Clippers' halfcourt offense ALL GAME is either "bail me out, Chris" or "make me look good, Jamal" because Vinny is completely retarded... but I completely disagree with CP3 not being a championship crunch-time option, he is statistically one of the best closers in the league and usually creates good shots for himself or others down the stretch when needed....

Then in the biggest game of his career he'll defer to Jannero Pargo.

Disagree with me all you want but you're just one of many deniers of my PG-theory due to people's obsession with seeing little people win.

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM
:lmao

Everybody thought the Clippers were the top team in LA. Not so fast, they are still the Clippers and we're still the Lakers.

Sup mah nigga? Still ho checking niggas on the daily?

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Houston will get six....Utah will slip out...the Warriors will drop to 8 and Lakers will snag 7....SA will slip to 2 and face LA in the first round where they'll get curb stomped by LA in the middle of the night... boys in the tha hood style....this is destiny....

:toast

Latarian Milton
03-05-2013, 03:08 AM
clippers have better talents than any other team in the west where they're still a top3 despite not having a good coach. they're the 2nd best of the league @ monkeyball (next only to miami) and it would be stupid for them to not play to their strength imho. they don't need to count on paul so much at the offensive end when they have 5-6 guys who're capable of creating chances for themselves. they're losing some games in the regular season as of late but they will make you pay if you overlook their threat when the playoffs begin tbh, niggas might just be coasting now

phxspurfan
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Nuggets would steam roll em. Coach Karl would skullf*ck VDN