PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: ibaka: how is that not a punch?

snickles
03-03-2013, 06:06 PM
closed fist, full swing, right at griffin's junk.

and its just a flagrant 1???

ace3g
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
surprised there is no game thread for this one

hater
03-03-2013, 06:08 PM
:lmao costing 7 points to your team in the last minute:lmao

Bynumite
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Couldn't have happened to a bigger phag... phuck the ginger tranny.

snickles
03-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Couldn't have happened to a bigger phag....

speaking of which, magic is literally laughing out loud after watching the replay on the post game show. classy guy.

td4mvp2k
03-03-2013, 06:51 PM
speaking of which, magic is literally laughing out loud after watching the replay on the post game show. classy guy.http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/32002469.jpghttp://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23162053.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/JEORh.png

KaiRMD1
03-03-2013, 07:08 PM
No surprise

thunderup
03-03-2013, 07:10 PM
TBF, Serge deserved to be ejected. I'm expecting at least a one game suspension.

admiralfats
03-03-2013, 07:18 PM
yeah, i think he'll miss one. hated that he got to stick in that game and make some plays. should've been gone and thunder probably would've lost. paul and griffin would've enjoyed the lane with ibaka gone

LkrFan
03-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Was it CP3-esque type punch? BTW: Link? :lol

LkrFan
03-03-2013, 07:33 PM
TBF, Serge deserved to be ejected. I'm expecting at least a one game suspension.

Nah, it's Griffin we talking bout. Without seeing it live, I bet he nut-flopped tbh. :lol

GuerillaBlack
03-03-2013, 08:13 PM
http://dailythunder.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ibakad.gif

BobaFett1
03-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Guy deserved to be suspended for 2 games. That was a punk ass bitch move.

Latarian Milton
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
nigga is fake tough and the punch ain't that heavy as it looked imho. monkeyball could wear off the pain like it was just a mosquito bite something

BobaFett1
03-03-2013, 08:40 PM
nigga is fake tough and the punch ain't that heavy as it looked imho. monkeyball could wear off the pain like it was just a mosquito bite something

No but you never swing for the junk. Ibaka is a good player no neeed for that shit.

Juggity
03-03-2013, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=rxE1qXjDZTM

OKC
03-03-2013, 10:21 PM
That was weird. Ibaka has never been a dirty player. Never been ejected and never taken any type of shots at anyone that I can recall. I don't even know what to think about that. Clearly a flagrant but this is a guy with a clean record in terms of cheap shots so I guess you chalk it up to a serious lapse in judgement in the heat of play. Not condoning it by any means just saying lets not label the guy as another Ron Artest at this point.

CitizenDwayne
03-03-2013, 10:25 PM
That was weird. Ibaka has never been a dirty player. Never been ejected and never taken any type of shots at anyone that I can recall. I don't even know what to think about that. Clearly a flagrant but this is a guy with a clean record in terms of cheap shots so I guess you chalk it up to a serious lapse in judgement in the heat of play. Not condoning it by any means just saying lets not label the guy as another Ron Artest at this point.

But do you consider this specific instance to be ejection-worthy?

KaiRMD1
03-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Like jack said, somebody needs to go in his mouf, he ain't bout dis lyfe!

OKC
03-03-2013, 10:31 PM
But do you consider this specific instance to be ejection-worthy?
Border line. Couldn't really argue if he was. Dude is known for jawing a little and getting in some tangles but never ever have I seen Ibaka take a cheap shot. It was weak as hell but yeah he coulda for thrown for it. Apparently Griffin brings out the worst in people. Wasn't it Randolph that swung at his head last year?

KaiRMD1
03-03-2013, 10:35 PM

He's growing as a player I guess. He developed a three point shot and now he's developing a cheap shot

OKC
03-03-2013, 10:36 PM
He's growing as a player I guess. He developed a three point shot and now he's developing a cheap shot
I guess add him to the list of guys who have made a bad move.

td4mvp2k
03-03-2013, 10:36 PM
:lol

TDMVPDPOY
03-03-2013, 10:37 PM
who cares, BG deserves every physical hit on him, fck that flopper mouthguard juggling ****

OKC
03-03-2013, 10:40 PM
who cares, BG deserves every physical hit on him, fck that flopper mouthguard juggling ****
I won't condone Ibakas little weak nut slap but griffin is annoying as fuck. I truly think the guys is like a fly in your nose. Randolph tries to take his head off in the playoffs last year. I mean threw a haymaker. I don't know what it is.

CitizenDwayne
03-03-2013, 10:40 PM
It seems in the video that, even after that, Blake still found the strength to flop. Leads me to believe this whole thing is getting blown out of proportion.

Ibaka probably should have been ejected from the game, but any other suspensions or anything would be too harsh, I think.

OKC
03-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Griffin is absolutely the biggest flopping, whining, constantly confused player I've ever seen. You have a guy tied up under the rim looking up at the rim and he comes across with his right arm. It was weak. Ibaka likely had not premeditated intention of hitting anyone's nuts. He has no history of such

Clipper Nation
03-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Griffin is absolutely the biggest flopping, whining, constantly confused player I've ever seen.

So I guess you've never watched your own damn team play? :lmao

OKC
03-03-2013, 11:33 PM
So I guess you've never watched your own damn team play? :lmao
Players whine. Players flop. OKC has theirs. Griffin and the floppers take the grand prize. Hands down

KaiRMD1
03-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Players whine. Players flop. OKC has theirs. Griffin and the floppers take the grand prize. Hands down

Yeah, pretty much, there's a reason why they are flop city more than lob city. That's why Ibaka didn't get ejected..........that and because it's the Thunder.

OKC
03-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Yeah, pretty much, there's a reason why they are flop city more than lob city. That's why Ibaka didn't get ejected..........that and because it's the Thunder.
Well he has no rep for that crap. Next time he pulls that though he's in trouble. I doubt you see anymore of that from Ibaka honestly. Like him or not the guys not dirty.

Phillip
03-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Should be 5 game suspension minimum. That was bullshit.

Grit and Grind
03-04-2013, 01:01 AM
Ibaka is a ugly mofo

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2013, 01:02 AM
wasn't that by definition a flagrant 2?

Shane27
03-04-2013, 03:01 AM
you think they would get the fucking abc sign out of the way

LkrFan
03-04-2013, 05:57 AM
What dumbass fagg:lolt

TDMVPDPOY
03-04-2013, 06:02 AM
i see nothing wrong with it, didnt touch anything...blake flopped like it hit anything

Thebesteva
03-04-2013, 06:52 AM
He looks straight for the groin and punches it... if thats not atleast a 1 game suspension then the NBA is just trying to get OKC @ #1 so they can play against Miami and make it a series...oh wait that is the idea Stern is jizzing over

Koolaid_Man
03-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Border line. Couldn't really argue if he was. Dude is known for jawing a little and getting in some tangles but never ever have I seen Ibaka take a cheap shot. It was weak as hell but yeah he coulda for thrown for it. Apparently Griffin brings out the worst in people. Wasn't it Randolph that swung at his head last year?

there's a special place in hell for dudes that go after other dudes junk

midnightpulp
03-04-2013, 07:52 AM

Which you'll be going to since you often go after a dude's junk with your mouth.

OKC
03-04-2013, 08:05 AM
But did he intend to hit him in the nuts? I don't now. He's holding Griffin's arm down..a clear foul. Griffin breaks free and his right arm makes a naturally movement back up as if to go for a rebound. Ibaka looks up and hacks down with his right arm. He's literally looking up at the rim while he's swinging. Is it possible he anticipated Griffin raising his right arm back up and was just trying to hack at his arm?

Brazil
03-04-2013, 08:16 AM
I'm :lmao at some ST posters and their fake tough guy monkey ball stuff shtick when speaking of Ibaka. Dude is a monster he will kill most of the internet tough guys of this site with one punch. Being born in Brazzaville, having to overcome the death of his mother while his dad was in jail make him surely a fake tough guy. :lmao

Mal
03-04-2013, 08:25 AM
:lmao Nutt shot, because Griffin box him out.

OKC
03-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Ibaka is strong as hell. Griffin is stronger. Griffin does dirty shit, period. Does he punch guys in the nuts? Never seen it, but Griffin's a little bitch. Grew up going to school at a little rich kid private Christian school playing for daddy. Griffin's dirty down low. Hell, that stuff goes on all the time down there. Guys grabbing, pulling jerseys. Griffin loves to get a guys arm under his armpit and get him in a hold. Ibaka just hacked at him out of frustration. It wasn't like, oh I'm thumping this guys nuts right here and now.

I have a question: WHy is Blake Griffin involved in SO many of these types of plays? Seriously, he has to be the guy in the league that seems to always be getting into shit like this...he's usually on the receiving end of it. Players don't like the guy. Am I the only one seeing this?

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm :lmao at some ST posters and their fake tough guy monkey ball stuff shtick when speaking of Ibaka. Dude is a monster he will kill most of the internet tough guys of this site with one punch. Being born in Brazzaville, having to overcome the death of his mother while his dad was in jail make him surely a fake tough guy. :lmao
I'd normally agree with this, except he looked like a total pussy last year when Artest elbowed Harden. He tried to approach Artest looking hard, Artest just stood his ground and stared him down basically inviting him to start something, and he backed off instantly.

Calispursfan11
03-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Ibaka doesn't punch. He chucks spears, which is more acceptable.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Ibaka is strong as hell. Griffin is stronger. Griffin does dirty shit, period. Does he punch guys in the nuts? Never seen it, but Griffin's a little bitch. Grew up going to school at a little rich kid private Christian school playing for daddy. Griffin's dirty down low. Hell, that stuff goes on all the time down there. Guys grabbing, pulling jerseys. Griffin loves to get a guys arm under his armpit and get him in a hold. Ibaka just hacked at him out of frustration. It wasn't like, oh I'm thumping this guys nuts right here and now.

I have a question: WHy is Blake Griffin involved in SO many of these types of plays? Seriously, he has to be the guy in the league that seems to always be getting into shit like this...he's usually on the receiving end of it. Players don't like the guy. Am I the only one seeing this?
That foul is the reason why we're not discussing how much monkeyblake blew that game in the several plays after the flagrant.

1) Crawford hits the go ahead three
2) Westbrook gets a joke of a layup because Griffin was late with the help (and actually got away with grabbing Chimp on the hip
3) Over-the-back foul on Griffin
4) Late again with the help on Ibaka and gives up an and-1. Fouls out.

That sequence basically sealed the game.

OKC
03-04-2013, 09:14 AM
I'd normally agree with this, except he looked like a total pussy last year when Artest elbowed Harden. He tried to approach Artest looking hard, Artest just stood his ground and stared him down basically inviting him to start something, and he backed off instantly.

Probably a good idea. Artest is a guy that probably wouldn't hesitate to go Tyson on someone and bite his ear off. although in that situation the refs were pretty much in the middle of that anyways so nothing was going down.

djohn2oo8
03-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Probably a good idea. Artest is a guy that probably wouldn't hesitate to go Tyson on someone and bite his ear off. although in that situation the refs were pretty much in the middle of that anyways so nothing was going down.

He wouldn't do it on Ben Wallace tho

TDMVPDPOY
03-04-2013, 09:28 AM
thats not a punch fellas, thats like a knock knock on a door fist...

Brazil
03-04-2013, 10:34 AM

I just think being tough during a NBA game is over rated as hell. It's like being tough on the ice, what are the risks of being seriously hurt ? near 0, there are cams everywhere, the refs... you can be suspended or loose your job. Artest and this kind of guys are just stupid or with no brain to not be able to control their temper. We have no idea how these guys could be tough in real life but I would bet a big amount of money that nobody would want to go after a 240 lb 6'10 Ibaka with arms of dinosaur who grew up in Africa.

OKC
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM
So tell me, if I guy had a hold of your jersey like this, would you not hack down at his arm? He's damn near pulling Ibaka's jersey off his back. Griffin = dirty bitch

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee379/ThunderBallinOKC/Undeserved.jpg

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee379/ThunderBallinOKC/JerseyStretch.jpg

OKC
03-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Not a fist...at all. View it full screen and do some pausing. Open hand all the way. No question.

OKC
03-04-2013, 12:21 PM
To be clear, the following screen shot is THE BEGINNING of Serge's swing at Griffin. He is in the motion of "hitting Griffin in the nuts" in this screenshot below. He is CLEARLY aiming to swipe down at Griffin's arm to get it off his jersey. What happens is Griffin simultaneously lowers his arm at the same time Serge begins swinging..thus the arm is no longer up and Serge's swing misses his arm and goes down to his groin area. If anyone can actually look at this evidence and see it any differently....I don't know what to tell you.
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee379/ThunderBallinOKC/Undeserved.jpg

td4mvp2k
03-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Like jack said, somebody needs to go in his mouf, he ain't bout dis lyfe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0PnvuYRdjQ

Chris
03-04-2013, 01:01 PM
:downspin: that shit

spurs10
03-04-2013, 02:49 PM
An obvious Flagrant 2, as someone said, "by definition." He'll be suspened at least one game because the press is showing it and Stern won't be able to look the other way.

snickles
03-04-2013, 03:42 PM
To be clear, the following screen shot is THE BEGINNING of Serge's swing at Griffin. He is in the motion of "hitting Griffin in the nuts" in this screenshot below. He is CLEARLY aiming to swipe down at Griffin's arm to get it off his jersey. What happens is Griffin simultaneously lowers his arm at the same time Serge begins swinging..thus the arm is no longer up and Serge's swing misses his arm and goes down to his groin area. If anyone can actually look at this evidence and see it any differently....I don't know what to tell you.

watch the entire video clip a few posts up. he looks straight at blake's groin, starts to swing back, and then looks up.

hey, dont get me wrong. i cant stand blake griffin in the least, and if theres anyone in the league who deserves a nut shot, he's at the top of the list. but going frame by frame and cherrypicking the one that best fits your argument is just weak sauce.

watching the whole vid, it sure looks intentional. and completely surprising coming from a guy like ibaka.

OKC
03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
watch the entire video clip a few posts up. he looks straight at blake's groin, starts to swing back, and then looks up.

hey, dont get me wrong. i cant stand blake griffin in the least, and if theres anyone in the league who deserves a nut shot, he's at the top of the list. but going frame by frame and cherrypicking the one that best fits your argument is just weak sauce.

watching the whole vid, it sure looks intentional. and completely surprising coming from a guy like ibaka.

It's possible he went for the nuts. I don't know. It's possible he didn't though -given the jersey grab and given he has no reputation or history of that. I'm not saying he shouldn't get a suspension. If he does, I guess he deserves it because he shouldn't have came down like that on Griffin. Even if it weren't a Thunder player, I'd say let's give the guy 1 free pass and the benefit of the doubt before we add him to that list of dirty players.

OKC
03-04-2013, 03:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv1cBN8M-9I

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-04-2013, 04:16 PM
The more I watch it the less convinced I am that it was aimed specifically for his nuts. With that said you don't wind up and swing like that at any part of a guy unless you're looking to start shit. I'd be okay with basically fining him a game's pay, but in today's league he's going to be sitting one out for sure.

lefty20
03-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Tbh, I think Ibaka was merely making sure that Griffin indeed has balls. With Griffin flopping around like a pussy its a legit curiosity.

Clipper Nation
03-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Tbh, I think Ibaka was merely making sure that Griffin indeed has balls. With Griffin flopping around like a pussy its a legit curiosity.

lefty20
Manu Mania

snickles
03-04-2013, 06:14 PM
It's possible he went for the nuts. I don't know. It's possible he didn't though -given the jersey grab and given he has no reputation or history of that. I'm not saying he shouldn't get a suspension. If he does, I guess he deserves it because he shouldn't have came down like that on Griffin. Even if it weren't a Thunder player, I'd say let's give the guy 1 free pass and the benefit of the doubt before we add him to that list of dirty players.

i agree with just about all of this. i'm a pretty big ibaka fan (except for last seasons WCF) and was kind of shocked to see it. i would in no way say he's a dirty player after one incident. and like i said, im all for griffin taking a shot or 2 to the nads. if the refs would have called it right, it would have been an offensive foul before it even got to the punch/swipe/slap/whatever you want to call it.

TIMMYtoZO
03-04-2013, 08:22 PM
:lol Ibaka being the stupid spear chucker that he is. Owning Blake Griffin is nothing to brag about, tbh.

mabrignani
03-04-2013, 08:57 PM

there is no hell if you are a viking

heyheymymy
03-05-2013, 12:51 AM
blake is a pussy and ibaka aint bout dis lyfe

Bill_Brasky
03-05-2013, 01:19 AM

Went back and watched, and yeah Ibaka wanted nothing to do with Artest there. So much for being a tough guy.

jeebus
03-05-2013, 04:25 PM

:lmao

Clipper Nation
03-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Even the players realize how favored the Thunderefs are, tbh...

Texas_Ranger
03-05-2013, 05:01 PM
lol NBA

OKC
03-05-2013, 05:04 PM
But do we know there's no suspension yet? I looked on espn and didn't see a story on it posted. He does deserve a 1 game suspension honestly. That's what Wade got for kicking someone in the nuts.

DPG21920
03-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Ibaka is dirty and has been for at least a year. It's subtle enough and he's on the poster boy team so it gets ignored, but he's dirty. He will get his and be a marked man. He will have a bad foul coming his way soon enough.

OKC
03-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Ibaka is dirty and has been for at least a year. It's subtle enough and he's on the poster boy team so it gets ignored, but he's dirty. He will get his and be a marked man. He will have a bad foul coming his way soon enough.

He's not what I call dirty. I guess everyone has their own definition of dirty. Other than the move on Griffin, he's not done anything that I personally consider dirty. Yes he is a bit confrontational, can bark at guys, bow his chest up, etc etc but I can't think of a single instance of anything dirty he's ever done - prior to last game. As far as game play, he's pretty clean.

DPG21920
03-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Nah - he's far from clean. He's not dirty in the sense he is trying to end careers or Malone dirty, but he's dirty in a subtle way beyond the normal gamesmanship that you see. It's pretty obvious if you watch OKC with any sort of regularity. He will definitely get his as he is the type of dirty players hate. He's the dirty that refs let go over and over because he knows they won't call it repeatedly and he does it knowing he will suck someone into to fouling him obviously.

It will be bad though when he gets his. Probably on a dunk attempt he will get leveled.

Clipper Nation
03-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Dude, just accept that your team got handed a win by the refs and league and stop trying to blindly defend Ibaka's honor...

Floyd Pacquiao
03-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Abaka is dirty tbh. Theres a reason my nigga cap'n jack called that punk out.

thunderup
03-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Dude, just accept that your team got handed a win by the refs and league and stop trying to blindly defend Ibaka's honor...

We beat you all fair and square, quit crying like a little bitch.

Clipper Nation
03-05-2013, 05:19 PM
We beat you all fair and square, quit crying like a little bitch.
:lmao at having a player on the court making clutch plays who should have been ejected and calling it "fair and square"

I guarantee if it was the other way around and Griffin got to stay on the court and ice the game, you'd be crying about :cry "Flop City" :cry per par...

OKC
03-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Nah - he's far from clean. He's not dirty in the sense he is trying to end careers or Malone dirty, but he's dirty in a subtle way beyond the normal gamesmanship that you see. It's pretty obvious if you watch OKC with any sort of regularity. He will definitely get his as he is the type of dirty players hate. He's the dirty that refs let go over and over because he knows they won't call it repeatedly and he does it knowing he will suck someone into to fouling him obviously.

It will be bad though when he gets his. Probably on a dunk attempt he will get leveled.

Example please. I've watched him play every game he has ever played in as an NBA player. Just curious what specifically you consider dirty. You didn't mention specifics.

Clipper Nation
03-05-2013, 05:26 PM
:lol In Methlahoma, shooting 12 more free throws than your opponent as the visiting team, and as a jump-shooting team, is "fair and square"... definitely shows how spoiled that faggot fanbase truly is, tbh....

DPG21920
03-05-2013, 05:26 PM
There aren't specifics when it's every game. I'd honestly say I watch about 55-60 OKC games a year (national tv, league pass). Arm chops, jersey pulls, pushes in the back in the paint when people jump. Basically like a big version of what Ron Artest gets away with but even more dirty.

HarlemHeat37
03-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Fake tough guy team ranking:

1- Thunder
2- Pacers
3- Clippers
4- Knicks

OKC
03-05-2013, 05:32 PM
There aren't specifics when it's every game. I'd honestly say I watch about 55-60 OKC games a year (national tv, league pass). Arm chops, jersey pulls, pushes in the back in the paint when people jump. Basically like a big version of what Ron Artest gets away with but even more dirty.

So in other words, he's an aggressive power forward who isn't dirty in the true sense of the word. In that case, yes..he's dirty. As are many of the league's top front court players.

DPG21920
03-05-2013, 05:33 PM
So in other words, he's an aggressive power forward who isn't dirty in the true sense of the word. In that case, yes..he's dirty. As are many of the league's top front court players.

No.

LkrFan
03-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Even the players realize how favored the Thunderefs are, tbh...

Matt Barnes dropping truth bombs. How the hell this jackass don't get suspended?

DPG21920
03-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Well now it set's a dangerous precedence. You can strike someone below the neck without suspension.

TIMMYtoZO
03-05-2013, 05:46 PM
He's not what I call dirty. I guess everyone has their own definition of dirty. Other than the move on Griffin, he's not done anything that I personally consider dirty. Yes he is a bit confrontational, can bark at guys, bow his chest up, etc etc but I can't think of a single instance of anything dirty he's ever done - prior to last game. As far as game play, he's pretty clean.

:lol He is a pussy ass jungle monkey who thinks he is a "badass." I can't wait to see him look like a scrub again when OKC gets eliminated from postseason play as expected, tbh.

OKC
03-05-2013, 05:47 PM
No.
In the nba you use physical force to the point where the refs allow so long as that force is not truly dirty- yes that includes groin shots. Ibaka not a jersey puller honestly. Trust me. I've literally seen every minute he's played in the nba. He'll lock up and shove around with the best of them. That's the nba.

DPG21920
03-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Disagree. And I have a nut punch flagrant II in the chamber.

OKC
03-05-2013, 05:48 PM
:lol He is a pussy ass jungle monkey who thinks he is a "badass." I can't wait to see him look like a scrub again when OKC gets eliminated from postseason play as expected, tbh.
Fair enough but in your honest opinion outside if the griffin shot did you previously consider him a dirty player?

skmblz
03-05-2013, 05:49 PM
this league is fuckin rigged. proven almost everyday

DPG21920
03-05-2013, 05:51 PM
OKC fan prob thinks Ibaka is a great defender too.

Splits
03-05-2013, 05:55 PM
But do we know there's no suspension yet? I looked on espn and didn't see a story on it posted. He does deserve a 1 game suspension honestly. That's what Wade got for kicking someone in the nuts.

No suspension for cockpunching: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21817695/thunders-serge-ibaka-fined-25000-wont-be-suspended-for-griffin-hit

But that Mexican JJ gets ejected for opponent flopping.

Nice league.

Clipper Nation
03-05-2013, 05:59 PM

LeBron sticking up for his future team, tbh...

OKC
03-05-2013, 06:02 PM
OKC fan prob thinks Ibaka is a great defender too.
Great defensive presence/shot locker. Not a great one on one defender. And I do agree he deserved 1 game suspension

Splits
03-05-2013, 06:02 PM

LeBron sticking up for his future team, tbh...

"Groin Altercation"? WTF?

D-Wade
03-05-2013, 06:03 PM
"Groin Altercation"? WTF?

Koolaid_Man
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Fair enough but in your honest opinion outside if the griffin shot did you previously consider him a dirty player?

I knew Ibaka was dangerous when he grabbed that toy monkey off the rim with his bare teeth during the All Star dunk contest...I was like this nigga here got wild game in his blood....

Splits
03-05-2013, 06:09 PM

Kirby was assessed substantial sanctions in his out of court settlement for his groin altercation. NBA Newspeak.

Clipper Nation
03-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Yes, since he had already accrued several flagrant fouls this year and is third in the NBA in flagrant points (only behind Dwight and Metta)....

OKC
03-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Yes, since he had already accrued several flagrant fouls this year and is third in the NBA in flagrant points (only behind Dwight and Metta)....
Question was prior to the last incident. Prior to that he had 1 flagrant on the year and it was weak

OKC
03-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Edit- it wasn't updated where I was looking. Guess he had 2 prior. I can't recall the other. As we all know, not all flagrant are all that dirty in today's nba. Doesn't take much. I just don't think he has generally been a dirty player at all. At least in my definition of dirty - other than griffin deal

Kidd K
03-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Honestly, I don't think the issue with Ibaka is what's been called on him, it's the fact that he's frequently getting into altercations whether punches are thrown or not. I've seen it happen nearly a dozen times. You know he gets techs for altercations several times a year.

Not a big track record of many dirty hits, but him punching Blake was clearly a very dirty and an overtly intentional play. Not subtle at all, not going for the ball, not pulling his own arm away and accidently hit him. . .it was clearly just a punch that he intended to harm Griffin with. I wish I could say I was shocked he didn't get suspended, but we all know he didn't because he wears a Thunder jersey and is playing on TNT against the Lakers tonight.

Imo, Ibaka deserved at least a 2 game suspension and a 100-150k fine. It's awkard the NBA is allowing Thunder players to get away with punching other players with just a slap on the wrist.

OKC
03-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Honestly, I don't think the issue with Ibaka is what's been called on him, it's the fact that he's frequently getting into altercations whether punches are thrown or not. I've seen it happen nearly a dozen times. You know he gets techs for altercations several times a year.

Not a big track record of many dirty hits, but him punching Blake was clearly a very dirty and an overtly intentional play. Not subtle at all, not going for the ball, not pulling his own arm away and accidently hit him. . .it was clearly just a punch that he intended to harm Griffin with. I wish I could say I was shocked he didn't get suspended, but we all know he didn't because he wears a Thunder jersey and is playing on TNT against the Lakers tonight.

Imo, Ibaka deserved at least a 2 game suspension and a 100-150k fine. It's awkard the NBA is allowing Thunder players to get away with punching other players with just a slap on the wrist.

Thunder players you say- plural. Remind me what other thunder players have been throwing punches. He shoulda been suspended a game. Yeah Serge barks and gets in your typical little nba shoving and shouting matches sometimes. Big deal. Fact is yes he shoulda been suspended a game but also fact is he has zero history of flagrant 2s or ejection worthy activities so that is taken into account. You're exaggerating with your suggestion that Thunder players go around slugging te dogshit out of other players without consequence.

not a big track record of dirty hits you also say. How about NO history of dirty hits - fact

OKC
03-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Altercations with no punches thrown are a dime a dozen in the nba. If you find that to be an issue maybe you should watch tennis.

Kidd K
03-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Thunder players you say- plural. Remind me what other thunder players have been throwing punches. He shoulda been suspended a game. Yeah Serge barks and gets in your typical little nba shoving and shouting matches sometimes. Big deal. Fact is yes he shoulda been suspended a game but also fact is he has zero history of flagrant 2s or ejection worthy activities so that is taken into account. You're exaggerating with your suggestion that Thunder players go around slugging te dogshit out of other players without consequence.

not a big track record of dirty hits you also say. How about NO history of dirty hits - fact

Yes, Thunder players. As in players on the Thunder team, which is what Ibaka is. Not sure what you're confused about. Ibaka also gets in more than his share of shoving matches. It might seem normal to you since you watch OKC all the time, but I don't see that very often when I watch most other teams.

Track record is meaningless if you overtly punch somebody. It's even more meaningless that he has "no record of being ejected" if he doesn't even get ejected for intentionally punching another player in the balls. The hell does he have to do to get ejected? Blast him in the face multiple times? You don't need an established track record of doing stuff like that when it's so obvious what he was doing was completely intentional.

Altercations with no punches thrown are a dime a dozen in the nba. If you find that to be an issue maybe you should watch tennis.

Quit trying to be a clown. Punches aren't supposed to be thrown in the NBA. It's part of the rules. The only thing I have an issue with is the NBA's lack of punishment for it. Not that altercations happen in the NBA.

OKC
03-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Now. Go back up and read where I wrote that I agreed Ibaka should have often a suspension. He's got a mark on his card now and he deserves it. Hopefully he learns his lesson and doesn't pull that shit again.

Clipper Nation
03-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Ibaka didn't learn shit.... he got rewarded for that punch by being able to stay in the game and thwart the Clippers' comeback.... just goes to show who's favored and who's not in the NBA, tbh...

OKC
03-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Simply saying besides this nut shot Ibaka is a clean player. You disagreed by claiming him tangling up and barking at guys is dirty. To me that's not dirty. That's just a guy with some fire in the heat of competition. He's not throwing punches. Agree to disagree I guess

OKC
03-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Ibaka didn't learn shit.... he got rewarded for that punch by being able to stay in the game and thwart the Clippers' comeback.... just goes to show who's favored and who's not in the NBA, tbh...
A valid point but I think Ibakas clean record coupled with the fact there was evidence to suggest he MIGHT have just been attempting to hack griffins arm and constant pull of the jersey led to no suspension. I think even most thunder fans agree a suspension was warranted though. I think griffin pulling him down by the jersey was the kicker though. But conspiracy theorists will always have their theories I guess

Clipper Nation
03-05-2013, 11:41 PM
I think griffin pulling him down by the jersey was the kicker though.

Really, no it isn't.... every big man in the league pulls on people's jerseys to try to get position down low, but not everyone responds by punching the opposing player's nuts.... Blake said it himself today: if he punched people for pulling on his jersey, he'd be throwing punches on every possession, every game....

Not only was a suspension warranted, Ibaka should have been ejected immediately, and the Clippers would likely have won that game without him on the court.... just accept you got handed a win by the refs and league and move on...

OKC
03-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Yes he should've been ejected. Who knows how the game turns out then. It was a bonehead move all around on Ibakas part.

Phillip
03-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Its whore shit that he didn't get a suspension and only a 25k fine. Stern trying to help out his dearly beloved again. Can't wait for that faggot to be gone.