PDA

View Full Version : Ann Romney "happy to blame the media" for Mitt losing the election

baseline bum
03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Romney: ‘It kills me’ not to be in White House (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mitt-romney-kills-fox-obama-163333853--election.html)

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News

Mitt Romney says it "kills" him that he's not president. But he doesn't blame Superstorm Sandy, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie or anything else on his loss to President Barack Obama--except his campaign's failure to connect with minority voters.

“I lost my election because of my campaign," Romney said on "Fox News Sunday" in his first television interview since his November defeat. "Not because of what anyone else did."

The former Massachusetts governor refused place blame on Christie, who some Republicans say gave Obama a last-minute lift in his embrace of the president in the wake of the storm.

Romney said his inability to win over black and Hispanic voters--and the damage done by those disastrous "47 percent" comments--ultimately derailed his White House bid.

Ann Romney, though, pointed the finger at the fourth estate. :cry “It was not just the campaign’s fault," Ann Romney said. "I believe it was the media's fault as well, in that he was not being given a fair shake--that people weren’t allowed to really see him for who he was. I’m happy to blame the media.” :cry

:cry Her husband, she said, "has an enormous skill set in dealing with difficult issues and I totally believe at this moment, if Mitt were there in the office, that we would not be facing sequestration right now." :cry

Mitt Romney said President Obama has failed to lead on the sequester.

"He didn’t think the sequester would happen," he said. "It is happening. To date, what we’ve seen is the president out campaigning to the American people, doing rallies around the country, flying around the country and berating Republicans and blaming and pointing. Now, what does that do? That causes the Republicans to retrench and to put up a wall and to fight back.

"I'll look at what's happening right now, I wish I were there," he said. "It kills me not to be there, not to be in the White House doing what needs to be done."

:lol On election night, Romney said, he was "convinced" he'd win the election--until Ohio went in Obama's favor. :lol

“It was a slow recognition until ultimately when the Ohio numbers began coming in and they were disappointing,” he said. “By 8 or 9 o’clock, it was pretty clear that we were not going to win.”

Romney, who has avoided the press since his loss to Obama, likened the election and its aftermath to an amusement park ride.

"We were on a roller coaster, exciting and thrilling, ups and downs," Romney said. "But the ride ends. And then you get off. And it's not like, oh, can't we be on a roller coaster the rest of our life? It's like, no, the ride's over."

AussieFanKurt
03-03-2013, 08:15 PM
he was convinced?? He must be more delusional than I thought, obama was never losing that election.

and how fucking bitter is his wife... take a reality check..

DMX7
03-03-2013, 10:57 PM
lol, "I'm happy to blame the media"... boo-hoo.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-03-2013, 11:27 PM
lol Mitt saying it kills him that he's not president....so much for his son's BS story about how Mitt didn't really want to be president.

DMX7
03-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Mitt can be president of his yacht club.

ElNono
03-04-2013, 02:09 AM
It's wasn't just Mitt with the complete disconnect, tbh... I thought there were some external factors from the party that didn't help him either... like Akin or parading a cuban-american to appeal to latinos, etc...

We'll see if the GOP learned the lesson...

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 02:19 AM
It's wasn't just Mitt with the complete disconnect, tbh... I thought there were some external factors from the party that didn't help him either... like Akin or parading a cuban-american to appeal to latinos, etc...

We'll see if the GOP learned the lesson...
It even goes beyond people like akin acting an ass. The Republican Partys problem is that its basically a 4-way shotgun marriage between neoconservatives, Christian dominionists, the Ron Paul/Barry Goldwater libertarians, and rich people/corporations. There's plenty of overlap between groups, but it's mission impossible to try and keep all 4 groups happy and voting while also getting enough moderate votes. Movements like the tea party are simply gimmicks corporations orchestrate to try and unite all 4 groups but there are enough major differences between them where it doesn't work.

It's not the candidates or the campaigns that suck. Their ideas are why they can't win.

BobaFett1
03-04-2013, 10:35 AM
I think being a Mormon hurt him.

spursncowboys
03-04-2013, 10:47 AM
McCain had 4% more Mormon voters than Romney.
Although our candidates were pretty pathetic, he def wasn't the best option.

No sitting president should have gotten reelected with his numbers, regardless of how many journalists were on his side!

spursncowboys
03-04-2013, 10:50 AM
This was a complete fail on the conservatives. From day one of Obama's election, the GOP should have been building a base in all their known battle ground counties.

BobaFett1
03-04-2013, 10:59 AM
This was a complete fail on the conservatives. From day one of Obama's election, the GOP should have been building a base in all their known battle ground counties.

The GOP needs to quit appeasing the left and start acting like conseratives.

spursncowboys
03-04-2013, 11:01 AM
:toast

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 11:14 AM

Or maybe it was his policy ideas (tax cuts for the rich, $2 trillion more in defense spending over the next 10 years, deregulating wall street again, etc.) are what hurt him.

boutons_deux
03-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Queen "You People" Ann lives in the 0.1% bubble, completely out of touch with reality. Never hear any right-wingers talking about the 1%'s "entitlement" to fuck the 99%.

boutons_deux
03-04-2013, 01:59 PM
6 Most Absurd Things the Romneys Said in Their First Post-Election Interview

1. Blaming Minorities’ Love for Obamacare
2. Romney’s Heart Lies to Him
3. Mitt Romney Thinks He Could Be a Better Leader Than Obama
4. Blaming the Media
5. Our Campaign Also Screwed Up--By Not Letting Mitt Be Mitt
6. Don’t Worry America--Mitt Will Continue to Offer His Sage Advice

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/6-most-absurd-things-romneys-said-their-first-post-election-interview

America saw enough of these wealthy, snobby, detached, criminal tax evading, secretive clowns and kept the vehemently out of the WH.

ElNono
03-04-2013, 02:07 PM

Not enough votes. It's more like they need to stop scaring the center... especially on social issues.

resistanze
03-04-2013, 02:12 PM
lol Mitt saying it kills him that he's not president....so much for his son's BS story about how Mitt didn't really want to be president.

lol Tagg
lol basically implying your father was unfit to lead

boutons_deux
03-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Repug/VRWC/ALEC strategy, with help for SCOTUS, is to gerrymander and disenfranchise to overcome the well-known, increasing demographics disadvantage.

It's The American Way of Democracy, worship of the rights in the Constitution. We can't win, so we cheat.

baseline bum
03-04-2013, 02:15 PM
So according to snc Mitt didn't lose because
- he wanted to destroy Medicare for everyone but the Baby Boomers (meanwhile younger generations still get to pay in for the Boomers' benefits)
- he wanted to slash the capital gains tax to zero for him and his criminal friends on Wall Street
- he thought tax cuts should only be for the rich
- his party tried to silence the minority vote
- he wanted to blow even more money on the military while nickel-and-diming shit that matters

Instead:

:cry It was the journalists in Obama's back pocket :cry

George Gervin's Afro
03-04-2013, 02:24 PM

lol

LnGrrrR
03-04-2013, 02:36 PM
I loved the "We wouldn't be facing sequestration if he was in office!"... probably because the Republicans control the House, you dingbat.

LnGrrrR
03-04-2013, 02:53 PM
:toast

How exactly are conservatives "appeasing the left"?

mrsmaalox
03-04-2013, 03:07 PM
They still don't have a clue.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 03:08 PM
- he wanted to destroy Medicare for everyone but the Baby Boomers (meanwhile younger generations still get to pay in for the Boomers' benefits)
- he wanted to slash the capital gains tax to zero for him and his criminal friends on Wall Street
- he wanted to blow even more money on the military while nickel-and-diming shit that matters

Instead:

They've done mental backflips to convince themselves that supply side economics and out of control defense spending is what America would want if not for the media.

Clipper Nation
03-04-2013, 04:36 PM
It even goes beyond people like akin acting an ass. The Republican Partys problem is that its basically a 4-way shotgun marriage between neoconservatives, Christian dominionists, the Ron Paul/Barry Goldwater libertarians, and rich people/corporations.

It's simpler than that: there's the old neoconservative fossils (I include the Christian dominionists and rich people as neocons) and the younger libertarian-leaning voters.... unfortunately, the GOP is completely dominated by the neocons, and will have no chance at winning the election ever again until the neocons GTFO, tbh....

Reck
03-04-2013, 04:38 PM

:lol fucking retard named tagg.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 04:41 PM
It's simpler than that: there's the old neoconservative fossils (I include the Christian dominionists and rich people as neocons) and the younger libertarian-leaning voters.... unfortunately, the GOP is completely dominated by the neocons, and will have no chance at winning the election ever again until the neocons GTFO, tbh....

It would probably make more sense to just not have neocon as its own group and say the main 3 factions are rich people, dominionists, and libertarians (the one group that actually knows what small government is) since they're all neo-conservative other than the libertarians. I definitely wouldn't have dominionists and rich people in the same group as one of their big problems is not having a candidate who appeals to both. Willard was the rich people's candidate and made himself look like an ass trying to pander to dominionists.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 04:41 PM
:lol fucking retard named tagg.

:cry but it's a family name :cry

lol mormon inbreds having retarded family names

FuzzyLumpkins
03-04-2013, 04:43 PM

:lmao

The GOP never left primary mode.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 04:44 PM

This post btw is an example of the candidate who was hand picked by corporations not being able to appeal to dominionists.

Clipper Nation
03-04-2013, 04:44 PM

The GOP hasn't acted like conservatives in decades... why would they start now? :lol

spursncowboys
03-04-2013, 06:16 PM

Instead:

The media has been doing the same thing for a while. I don't know where I stated that the media was the reason. I commented how all the left made him out to be the only candidate who could beat bho.

baseline bum
03-04-2013, 06:32 PM
:cry Because Santorum would have been president without the red left media :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Any other Republican would have gotten severely out-fundraised by Obama and would have done even worse than Willard. Willard is if nothing else a smart guy who could almost match Obama intellectually. Santorum would have been carpet bombed with ads and gotten throttled in the debates.

BobaFett1
03-04-2013, 08:27 PM
:lmao

The GOP never left primary mode.

FuzzyLumpkins
The Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleySpadowski
My current grading system is similar to academic grading in that it's a 0-4 scale. I rarely ever give 0s or 4s as those usually require a total whiff or blowing up the opponent. Getting blown up in pass protection is typically a 1 or "D" as it at least slows the opponent down but it may be a 0 on a run play.

I vary from a lot of grading system in that I weight games similar to an AP high school class. A player's first game gets .01 multiplier while their 16th gets .16. The rationale is that players should be more comfortable with the "system" as the season goes on. It rewards players who play well late in the season which in theory is when you want to be playing your best as the playoffs approach. The hole in weighting this way is that it punishes a player who misses a few games but at the same time, missing time should be punished.

[View Full Quote]
Right on. I like that it makes it much more meaningful if a bit more subjective. Appreciate the insight.
“Cynicism is nothing but intellectual cowardice.”
- Henry Rollins

Planning to fail is not the same as planning for failure

spursncowboys
03-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Any other Republican would have gotten severely out-fundraised by Obama and would have done even worse than Willard. Willard is if nothing else a smart guy who could almost match Obama intellectually. Santorum would have been carpet bombed with ads and gotten throttled in the debates.
1. Obama's intellect? Come on kood aid drinker. Sure he's smart. But the fact that he is more intelligent than any one of the Repub candidates is ridiculous. I'm not talking Santorum. The Santorums and Huckabees are the reason the GOP get the 'Kerry' kind of candidate. But it's ridiculous to listen to someone who will not vote for a Republican tell Americans who is their best candidate. Bush won the first time, not because he won the undecided. He excited the base, which got out the vote. But Obama did win. And it was with an overall pro-Obama media. Nothing new. If the media wasn't biased, Obama probably still would have won. But that is the beauty with Dems. They get to promise the world. They are pretty much buying the votes. I remember watching Hilary and BHO as they were trying to out do each other at every state.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-04-2013, 09:22 PM
FuzzyLumpkins
The Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleySpadowski
My current grading system is similar to academic grading in that it's a 0-4 scale. I rarely ever give 0s or 4s as those usually require a total whiff or blowing up the opponent. Getting blown up in pass protection is typically a 1 or "D" as it at least slows the opponent down but it may be a 0 on a run play.

I vary from a lot of grading system in that I weight games similar to an AP high school class. A player's first game gets .01 multiplier while their 16th gets .16. The rationale is that players should be more comfortable with the "system" as the season goes on. It rewards players who play well late in the season which in theory is when you want to be playing your best as the playoffs approach. The hole in weighting this way is that it punishes a player who misses a few games but at the same time, missing time should be punished.

[View Full Quote]
Right on. I like that it makes it much more meaningful if a bit more subjective. Appreciate the insight.
“Cynicism is nothing but intellectual cowardice.”
- Henry Rollins

Planning to fail is not the same as planning for failure

Nice to see you obsess over me to the point of tracking to other places I post. If you keep looking, you will find I post at other locations under the same user name. You flaglot's troll? It seems like something he would do.

2centsworth
03-04-2013, 09:24 PM

How the ignorant vote was won.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-04-2013, 09:27 PM

Sure thing asexual reproduction and corpse reanimation believer.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 09:32 PM
1. Obama's intellect? Come on kood aid drinker. Sure he's smart. But the fact that he is more intelligent than any one of the Repub candidates is ridiculous. I'm not talking Santorum. The Santorums and Huckabees are the reason the GOP get the 'Kerry' kind of candidate. But it's ridiculous to listen to someone who will not vote for a Republican tell Americans who is their best candidate. Bush won the first time, not because he won the undecided. He excited the base, which got out the vote. But Obama did win. And it was with an overall pro-Obama media. Nothing new. If the media wasn't biased, Obama probably still would have won. But that is the beauty with Dems. They get to promise the world. They are pretty much buying the votes. I remember watching Hilary and BHO as they were trying to out do each other at every state.
I think Obama is significantly smarter than Santorum, Perry, Bachman, or Paul. Gingrich and Romney were the two who could match Obama intellectually (I wasn't saying Obama is some great intellectual or anything), but Gingrich would have been a bad candidate for a lot of other reasons (a big one being women find him absolutely repulsive). Just look at the debates. Romney overall gained votes with the debates because he matched Obama intellectually. Compare that to 2008 when Obama was debating a senial dumbshit who graduated 5th from the bottom of his class.

Regarding Romney, the fact that I like the guy for idiosyncratic reasons isn't why I'm saying he was the GOP's best candidate. He was the only one who could match (or even outdo) Obama's fundraising while all the other candidates would have gotten battered in the fundraising department like McCain did. Elections are unfortunately more about fundraising now than they've ever been before. That's not really a subjective view, it's just reality. How much money the candidate can raise is up their in importance regardless of how the candidate comes across to voters.

Clipper Nation
03-04-2013, 09:40 PM
I think Obama is significantly smarter than Santorum, Perry, Bachman, or Paul.

:lol at lumping a doctor and economist in with the likes of Frothy, Rick Perry, and Bachmann

2centsworth
03-04-2013, 09:41 PM
I think Obama is significantly smarter than Santorum, Perry, Bachman, or Paul. Gingrich and Romney were the two who could match Obama intellectually

I disagree on Santorum. You may not like his perspective, but I've never heard anyone argue moral agenda more articulately. Plus, the guy was just as sharp, if not sharper, than Newt on foreign policy.

Clipper Nation
03-04-2013, 09:43 PM
I disagree on Santorum. You may not like his perspective, but I've never heard anyone argue moral agenda more articulately.
This is "articulate"?

In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That’s not to pick on homosexuality. It’s not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be.

[Gay marriage] is an issue just like 9-11... We didn't decide we wanted to fight the war on terrorism because we wanted to. It was brought to us. And if not now, when? When the supreme courts in all the other states have succumbed to the Massachusetts version of the law?

Is anyone saying same-sex couples can't love each other? I love my children. I love my friends, my brother. Heck, I even love my mother-in-law. Should we call these relationships marriage, too?

:lol

Plus, the guy was just as sharp, if not sharper, than Newt on foreign policy.
Both of them support the same expensive, unconstitutional, and morally-wrong neoconservative foreign policy, so he's definitely not "sharp" on that, tbh....

spursncowboys
03-04-2013, 09:44 PM
I think Obama is significantly smarter than Santorum, Perry, Bachman, or Paul. Gingrich and Romney were the two who could match Obama intellectually (I wasn't saying Obama is some great intellectual or anything), but Gingrich would have been a bad candidate for a lot of other reasons (a big one being women find him absolutely repulsive). Just look at the debates. Romney overall gained votes with the debates because he matched Obama intellectually. Compare that to 2008 when Obama was debating a senial dumbshit who graduated 5th from the bottom of his class.

Regarding Romney, the fact that I like the guy for idiosyncratic reasons isn't why I'm saying he was the GOP's best candidate. He was the only one who could match (or even outdo) Obama's fundraising while all the other candidates would have gotten battered in the fundraising department like McCain did. Elections are unfortunately more about fundraising now than they've ever been before. That's not really a subjective view, it's just reality. How much money the candidate can raise is up their in importance regardless of how the candidate comes across to voters.
So you mean more politically than intelligence...I think Gingrich and Romney were the most disciplined and strategic.

Money wise, I think the group that, idiotically, pushed Perry into it (and then moved on the Santorum) would have matched anything BHO could have gotten. The GOP's problem was foot soldiers. The minute Obama was elected, they should have been starting to build bases in places like central florida, southern Ohio, and most of Virginia. Obama had the social media, but they could have gotten into it. Satirical comedians online. Instead they would make commercials and let the topic die. Hoping Weekly Standard, Fox News, and National Review do all their work. Plus they should have found a common issue that would have united all their caucuses, which I think Rand Paul is going to be able to do.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-04-2013, 09:45 PM
He mistakes a guys saying stuff that he agrees with with articulation.

baseline bum
03-04-2013, 09:47 PM

LOL calling it the ignorant vote when he and Ryan were out campaigning for zeroing out capital gains. And LOL at bitching about the 47% when they're not paying federal tax since it would have looked bad had Bush only given tax cuts to the rich. Bible thumping dipshit thinks Ryan wouldn't put his medicare destruction bill back on the table with President Neocon there to sign it. Yeah, Mitt picked him for his boyish looks. :lol

spursncowboys
03-04-2013, 09:49 PM
:lol at lumping a doctor and economist in with the likes of Frothy, Rick Perry, and Bachmann
Bachmann has a J.D and A LLM

baseline bum
03-04-2013, 09:49 PM
I disagree on Santorum. You may not like his perspective, but I've never heard anyone argue moral agenda more articulately. Plus, the guy was just as sharp, if not sharper, than Newt on foreign policy.

He was really sharp when he called Obama an anti-war government nigg*r in that speech.

Clipper Nation
03-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Bachmann has a J.D and A LLM

Bachmann thinks homosexuality is a disease that can be cured by "praying the gay away" :lol

spursncowboys
03-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Bachmann thinks homosexuality is a disease that can be cured by "praying the gay away" :lol
Obama thinks that welfare has helped the black community

2centsworth
03-04-2013, 09:59 PM
LOL calling it the ignorant vote when he and Ryan were out campaigning for zeroing out capital gains. And LOL at bitching about the 47% when they're not paying federal tax since it would have looked bad had Bush only given tax cuts to the rich. Bible thumping dipshit thinks Ryan wouldn't put his medicare destruction bill back on the table with President Neocon there to sign it. Yeah, Mitt picked him for his boyish looks. :lol

Show me where Mitt said Capital Gains should go to zero for anyone making over $200k.

You're a math Wiz. Which is the bigger cut, 15% to 10% or 39% to 36%?

Ryan's Medicare voucher plan is based on Stanford University Professor's Dr. Victor Fuchs' voucher idea. http://healthpolicy.stanford.edu/people/Victor_R_Fuchs I posted this many years ago.

2centsworth
03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
He was really sharp when he called Obama an anti-war government nigg*r in that speech.

more evidence of how the Obama won the ignorant vote

Clipper Nation
03-04-2013, 10:08 PM

And who could forget his genius move of claiming he was insulting "blah people" instead of "black people"? Truly stimulating stuff, tbh... :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-04-2013, 10:09 PM
That wasn't my intention :lol

His method of arguing moral agenda was the same slippery slope fallacy dominionists use saying that legalizing gay marriage will lead to stuff like legalizing beastiality. There's nothing especially articulate about it.

He also wasn't sharp on foreign policy. The clip where Ron Paul completely destroys him on Iran became a youtube sensation. His views on foreign policy were regurgitated neoconservative fear mongering about the Islamic boogeyman.

ElNono
03-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Ryan's Medicare voucher plan is based on Stanford University Professor's Dr. Victor Fuchs' voucher idea. http://healthpolicy.stanford.edu/people/Victor_R_Fuchs I posted this many years ago.

IMO, doesn't matter whose idea it was, if vouchers don't adjust with the cost of healthcare, they're a scam. Ryan's plan specifically had them adjusted to the CPI, which raises at a much lower rate than healthcare costs.

There's also the fact that there are people 50 and younger that have been paying into the current Medicare system for years, and promised they'll have it when they retire. To me, any new system would need to start when new contributors enter the labor force.

2centsworth
03-04-2013, 10:25 PM
IMO, doesn't matter whose idea it was, if vouchers don't adjust with the cost of healthcare, they're a scam. Ryan's plan specifically had them adjusted to the CPI, which raises at a much lower rate than healthcare costs.

There's also the fact that there are people 50 and younger that have been paying into the current Medicare system for years, and promised they'll have it when they retire. To me, any new system would need to start when new contributors enter the labor force.

I favor voucher because they put the power back in the hands of the consumer. No longer a 3rd party payment system. Consumers would have some skin in the game, which would help contain cost IMO.

ploto
03-04-2013, 10:25 PM
My goodness - you all sound like a bunch of women who got dumped months ago and won't get over it.

spursncowboys
03-04-2013, 11:13 PM
As you eat chocolate and listen to Justin Beiber

baseline bum
03-04-2013, 11:27 PM
more evidence of how the Obama won the ignorant vote

So tell me how the "anti-war goverment nigg---" sentence ends any other way, smart guy.

Show me where Mitt said Capital Gains should go to zero for anyone making over $200k.

You seem to have a point there from reading more about his proposal

You're a math Wiz. Which is the bigger cut, 15% to 10% or 39% to 36%?

Which dollar saved has higer marginal utility?

You want a cookie for posting a stupid idea?

baseline bum
03-04-2013, 11:29 PM
I favor voucher because they put the power back in the hands of the consumer. No longer a 3rd party payment system. Consumers would have some skin in the game, which would help contain cost IMO.

LOL, shit works so well now for those under 65.

2centsworth
03-05-2013, 12:02 AM
So tell me how the "anti-war goverment nigg---" sentence ends any other way, smart guy.

common sense would tell you he didn't call Obama a ******, but believe what you want. He may have used the word niggardly somewhere, but huge difference. If you can post the quote where he calls Obama a ******, I'll take it back.

You seem to have a point there from reading more about his proposal

cool of you to admit.

Which dollar saved has higer marginal utility? that's why it was progressive.

You want a cookie for posting a stupid idea? how would you know if you've never read it. the whole idea is to cover everyone.

ElNono
03-05-2013, 12:08 AM

Market will bear pricing guarantees you're going to be leaving people behind. Oftentimes, a lot of people behind. These are people that mostly are at an age that they can't work anymore. I don't think them "having some skin in the game" matters. They're either going to be able to afford it or be left out without care. IMO, that's not a solution for cost. Especially if the vouchers are not indexed with the actual care cost, because then you'll be moving more and more people to the "can't afford" line.

I personally don't like the for-profit middle-men either, though.