PDA

View Full Version : Backlash against civilian drones begins

InRareForm
03-04-2013, 11:24 AM
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21729066.200-backlash-against-civilian-drones-begins.html

LnGrrrR
03-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Interesting stuff. If the drone is on your land, you might have the right to shoot it. But what if it's on a neighbor's land, but filming you? Don't think there's much you could do about that.

TSA
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
What's the range of these drones?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-04-2013, 04:23 PM
What's the range of these drones?

LINK (http://lmgtfy.com/)

Wild Cobra
03-07-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm going to find the best Nerf projectile toys, and modify the arrows with a little weight and attached fishing line. If one flys over my place, the rotors are going to say hello to fishing line.

Jacob1983
03-07-2013, 10:20 PM
I want to see Will Smith, Jay Z, Eva Longoria, Scarlett Hohannson, or Bruce Springsteen speak about this. I want to know what they think about their man's lovefest of drones and the fact that they kill little kids and babies in the Middle East. Will they shed tears for those kids and babies like they did for the Newtown little ones?

SA210
03-07-2013, 10:30 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/555110_472511612818469_387462499_n.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
03-07-2013, 10:43 PM
So SA210, what is you opinion on using manned aircraft to go after targets?

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2013, 07:10 AM
everyone is collateral cause the govt spends millions building these drones but put on a shitty black and white 2mp camera on them...

Wild Cobra
03-08-2013, 07:20 AM
There's one design out there with a 1.8 giga-pixil camera...

boutons_deux
03-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Are you right-wingers upset about govt drones or private drone spying on citizens?

Would you be so upset if war criminals dubya and dickhead or serial felony tax evader Bishop Gecko had ruled that drones in US were to become legal?

BobaFett1
03-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Are you right-wingers upset about govt drones or private drone spying on citizens?

Would you be so upset if war criminals dubya and dickhead or serial felony tax evader Bishop Gecko had ruled that drones in US were to become legal?

boutons_deux if you hate America so much you can get the fuck out.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks TSA

FuzzyLumpkins
03-08-2013, 10:25 AM
by that logic because you don't like free speech then why don't you leave?

i don't like the way society is and would like to see it changed so i should be censored and exiled!

Clipper Nation
03-08-2013, 12:00 PM

Boutons once again assuming that everyone who doesn't worship Obama must blindly support neocons like Willard and Dubya..... nope, couldn't possibly be that some of us have principles...

ChumpDumper
03-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Would they shoot down manned-helicopters doing the same thing?

This country is close to going full retard.

Blake
03-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Would they shoot down manned-helicopters doing the same thing?

I'm wondering if anyone is building a rocket to take down the google earth satellite

Nbadan
03-09-2013, 02:22 AM
This is a surveillance and privacy issue, not a drone issue...

Wild Cobra
03-09-2013, 02:33 AM
I'm wondering if anyone is building a rocket to take down the google earth satellite
Don't they simply uses satellite data from government satellites, or are you saying they have their own?

Winehole23
03-09-2013, 02:54 AM
riNIjE-J4NQ

boutons_deux
03-09-2013, 03:56 AM
boutons_deux if you hate America so much you can get the fuck out.

Take yr bitch slapping like a bitch

Jacob1983
03-09-2013, 04:31 AM
I don't get the whole "would you be mad if Bush, Cheney, and Willard supported drone attacks on civilians or the use of drones on civilians" argument. It's pretty much common knowledge that Willard supports the drone war and the use of them. Bush and Cheney also support drones too. Right wingers aren't blasting Obama and his love of drones. It's mainly libertarians and liberals that actually call Obama out on this shit. You can't lump libertarian Republicans with the Bush/Cheney/McCain neo-con Republicans. The comparisons just don't make sense.

Wild Cobra
03-09-2013, 04:35 AM
I don't get the whole "would you be mad if Bush, Cheney, and Willard supported drone attacks on civilians or the use of drones on civilians" argument. It's pretty much common knowledge that Willard supports the drone war and the use of them. Bush and Cheney also support drones too. Right wingers aren't blasting Obama and his love of drones. It's mainly libertarians and liberals that actually call Obama out on this shit. You can't lump libertarian Republicans with the Bush/Cheney/McCain neo-con Republicans. The comparisons just don't make sense.
Have you missed my point?

Obama is using them excessively, in non-combative setting.

This is criminal.

Jacob1983
03-09-2013, 04:47 AM
Didn't miss anyone's point. I was clearly saying it's laughable how so many liberals and out of touch celebs love Obama yet they know nothing about his policies. They just blindly obey and support him. I was also pointing out that you can't lump the libertarian Republicans with the neo-con Republicans. The neo-con Republicans are the reason why America is so fucked up on foreign policy and terrorism. America has done a lot of harm to itself and to other nations because of the way it has handled foreign affairs. Blowback is real.

Wild Cobra
03-09-2013, 05:42 AM
Didn't miss anyone's point. I was clearly saying it's laughable how so many liberals and out of touch celebs love Obama yet they know nothing about his policies. They just blindly obey and support him. I was also pointing out that you can't lump the libertarian Republicans with the neo-con Republicans. The neo-con Republicans are the reason why America is so fucked up on foreign policy and terrorism. America has done a lot of harm to itself and to other nations because of the way it has handled foreign affairs. Blowback is real.
You have to remember, neocons are liberal republicans.

admiralsnackbar
03-09-2013, 06:09 AM
You have to remember, neocons are liberal republicans.
That requires elaboration.

Wild Cobra
03-09-2013, 06:49 AM
That requires elaboration.
They are liberal in many ways, as the term first came into use when democrats switched to republicans.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Neocons are hawks and free market puritanicals. Real fucking liberals!

admiralsnackbar
03-09-2013, 07:18 AM
They are liberal in many ways, as the term first came into use when democrats switched to republicans.

Do say more.

Blake
03-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Have you missed my point?

Obama is using them excessively, in non-combative setting.

This is criminal.

Define excessive and explain why it's criminal.

Cane
03-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Finally I can have R/C dogfights

Jacob1983
03-11-2013, 09:17 PM
The anti-war left bashed Bush when he waterboarded people and his minions outed CIA operatives. Those same people praise Obama like a god or a celebrity even though he uses drones and continues to let Gitmo stay open. The anti-war left has basically left the building. Kinda sad but that's how America rolls.

spursncowboys
03-11-2013, 10:21 PM
The anti-war left bashed Bush when he waterboarded people and his minions outed CIA operatives. Those same people praise Obama like a god or a celebrity even though he uses drones and continues to let Gitmo stay open. The anti-war left has basically left the building. Kinda sad but that's how America rolls.
They haven't left the building. Their microphone-MSM-left the building.

z0sa
03-12-2013, 01:20 AM
House Democrats demand Obama release ‘full legal basis’ for drone strikes (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/11/house-democrats-demand-obama-release-full-legal-basis-for-drone-strikes/)

Jacob1983
03-12-2013, 02:35 AM
I want to see Reid and Pelosi bash Obama on drone strikes. Oh wait, they support the NDAA right?

LnGrrrR
03-12-2013, 06:12 AM
I think Jacob and SnC both have somewhat the truth of it. Some people are sheep, and others don't have the mouthpieces they once had.

symple19
03-12-2013, 08:19 AM

Close?

Jacob1983
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Some Obama supporters are sheep. Well, let's be honest. A lot of them are sheep. The remaining few just ignore the comparisons and similarities to Bush so they can sleep at night.

mavs>spurs
03-12-2013, 09:48 PM
i need to devise a missile defense system over my house to shoot the damn things down tbh

Th'Pusher
03-12-2013, 09:55 PM
i need to devise a missile defense system over my house to shoot the damn things down tbh
:lol You couldn't even devise a plan to join a credit union. Finance major! :lmao

mavs>spurs
03-12-2013, 09:57 PM
with a few years time and the funding that the US govt has access to, i could devise something better than what those pussies have tbh

lol collectivist, does taking up for government tyranny on the internet make your pecker feel bigger? you're really on the "winning" team! just drink the fluoride punk, governments gonna take reaaaaaaaal good care of you, yes they are.

Th'Pusher
03-12-2013, 10:11 PM
with a few years time and the funding that the US govt has access to, i could devise something better than what those pussies have tbh

lol collectivist, does taking up for government tyranny on the internet make your pecker feel bigger? you're really on the "winning" team! just drink the fluoride punk, governments gonna take reaaaaaaaal good care of you, yes they are.
So you need government funding to devise your plan? :lol @ your foodstamp missile defense system.

mavs>spurs
03-12-2013, 10:14 PM
yeah, you're a funny man yes u are don't forget to drink up and get your free vaccine. you're special and important, we might even let you control your very own drone someday for the government. you can try to blast me if you can.

Wild Cobra
03-13-2013, 02:47 AM
Nerf arrows and string.

Should tie up their rotors pretty good.