PDA

View Full Version : Spurs The Only Team That Can Give The Heat a Run For Their Money?

Boomersgold
03-04-2013, 12:07 PM
"Tiiiaggooo Spliitter" -Stephen A. Smith

I still don't think Smith gives Tiago the respect and credit that he deserves for the Spurs' success this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzsa6AcDZ2A

TampaDude
03-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I think Shaq said it best...

"Miami is going to win the title, unless they face the Spurs."

Pretty much.

rmt
03-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Wow, can't believe SAS is giving SAS props.

Still don't see Spurs winning though. Both OKC and MIA will go small with Durant and Lebron at PF. That'll take Tiago off the court except as TD's backup - and that great defense we've had all season will suffer playing small. Maybe without Harden, SAS can take down OKC, but no one has an answer for Lebron. Birdman will help them tremendously in the playoffs and when they get 1 more veteran big man (for cheap) they'll be virtually unbeatable (no weaknesses).

Fireball
03-04-2013, 12:24 PM
that referee free throw thing will pretty much kill us ... Lebron or KD can get to the line as often as they want ...

TampaDude
03-04-2013, 12:26 PM
that referee free throw thing will pretty much kill us ... Lebron or KD can get to the line as often as they want ...

We'll see...the fix may be in for the Spurs this year, a la 2007. :hat

Brunodf
03-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Spurs/Grizzlies

Brunodf
03-04-2013, 12:31 PM

Still don't see Spurs winning though. Both OKC and MIA will go small with Durant and Lebron at PF. That'll take Tiago off the court except as TD's backup - and that great defense we've had all season will suffer playing small. Maybe without Harden, SAS can take down OKC, but no one has an answer for Lebron. Birdman will help them tremendously in the playoffs and when they get 1 more veteran big man (for cheap) they'll be virtually unbeatable (no weaknesses).

I don't like small ball, the Spurs can't get stops/rebounds and TD is forced to defend the PnR...Maybe Pop will not adjust and will make them play big...

Chomag
03-04-2013, 12:41 PM
I don't like small ball, the Spurs can't get stops/rebounds and TD is forced to defend the PnR...Maybe Pop will not adjust and will make them play big...

For once in my life I would love to Pop force the other team adjust to the Spurs, but as usual its always Spurs adjusting to the competition.

Southwest Texas Fan
03-04-2013, 01:05 PM
If the Spurs play with their existing starters and stay big can we still beat either of those two?

Captivus
03-04-2013, 01:54 PM
The way I see it, the only way to beat Miami is to outscore them, there’s no other way, you can’t stop Lebron/Wade/Bosh 4 times in 2 weeks, no way.
Assuming the Big 3 + Tiago do their thing (no more, no less), two players are going to make the difference in the series:
- Danny Green
- Kawhi Leonard
If those 2 play great defense and score 45%+ 3PTs, we can win.
If those 2 can’t score and open the floor and can’t stop Wade / Chalmers, the Big 3 + Tiago won’t have a chance in a crowded paint.

Leetonidas
03-04-2013, 02:00 PM
For once in my life I would love to Pop force the other team adjust to the Spurs, but as usual its always Spurs adjusting to the competition.

It's hard to stand pat when the opposition is superior. LeBron at PF, the Spurs have no answer for. Spurs will go small with Leonard or Jackson at the 4, which isn't horrible imo, it's not like Jefferson or Finley will be the PF. If LeBron is their PF in the playoffs, Tim or Tiago cannot guard him, and we will be forced to adjust, it's the luxury the Heat have because of LeBron James.

Spurs should not go small against any other team though

Amuseddaysleeper
03-04-2013, 03:03 PM
The Spurs would get plastered in 5 going against Miami. The Spurs have no one who can check LeBron or Wade. Even Bosh plays well against the Spurs since going to Miami. Battier and Mike Miller love to murder SA.

Also, Spurs struggle against good defensive teams and Miami would completely disrupt the Spurs offensive flow.

Spur|n|Austin
03-04-2013, 03:16 PM
The Spurs would get plastered in 5 going against Miami. The Spurs have no one who can check LeBron or Wade. Even Bosh plays well against the Spurs since going to Miami. Battier and Mike Miller love to murder SA.

Also, Spurs struggle against good defensive teams and Miami would completely disrupt the Spurs offensive flow.

They didn't struggle against Chicago; though I'm probably going to regret saying that come Wednesday.

Robz4000
03-04-2013, 03:19 PM

Lebron would absolutely destroy anyone the Spurs put on him. However, I think if Pop puts Leonard on Wade and lets Lebron do his thing the Spurs would be fine. IMO with Splitter and Duncan starting I don't think Bosh will play all that great. Mike Miller hasn't been seeing as much playing time, but Battier may single-handily win Miami the series.

Mal
03-04-2013, 03:21 PM
I can see Spurs outshooting Miami in couple games.

I`ll go with Jax and Diaw on LeBron and keep Leonard on Wade.

TheGoldStandard
03-04-2013, 03:26 PM
The trick is to make the Heat 1 dimensional, LeBron doesn't have to score in order for the Heat to be successful, he facilitates and creates for other players and then he'll get his when the time comes. The trick will be to let him go off every game, let him go for 30 or 40 a night but have to close out on the perimeter shooters, stick wade in a vacuum and don't let Bosh take easy shots. Easier said than done but this season LeBron has been successful dictating the pace of the game, he's not exerting himself like he was in the past, he can have a long dry spell because he can score in bunches quickly when the game is on the line.

elveinte
03-04-2013, 04:09 PM
The way I see it, the only way to beat Miami is to outscore them, there’s no other way....
Outscoring is generally the way you win any basketball game... :rollin

Hoops Czar
03-04-2013, 04:13 PM
The problem isn't winning the finals vs the Heat, it's getting there

hater
03-04-2013, 04:15 PM
:lmao what?

the Heat are basically coasting to the best record in the league and home court throughout. and they are coasting at the moment.

Spurs have no fucking chance, then again, neither do the rest of the teams.

TheGoldStandard
03-04-2013, 04:21 PM
In the NBA there really is no such thing as a sure thing, the Heat will probably get there but going through Boston or Indiana will be a task. If Lebron gets hurt then its over for Miami.

hater
03-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Boston? u kiddin? Boston would not even make the playoffs in the west.

MIami has cakewalk all the way to the Finals. Indiana are a bunch of youngsters with no superstar. Overhyped as shit IMO.

TheGoldStandard
03-04-2013, 04:28 PM
A broken Boston team took them to 7 games last year when clearly the Heat were the best team in the NBA last year, styles make fights. Sure the Heat have the X factor with LeBron but he's not going to play every minute of every playoff game and play all 5 positions at once and lock everyone down. Battier can go cold, someone can get hurt and people can miss shots. Its why we play the game.

Hoops Czar
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
:lmao what?

the Heat are basically coasting to the best record in the league and home court throughout. and they are coasting at the moment.

Spurs have no fucking chance, then again, neither do the rest of the teams.

The Spurs and Thunder have pretty much coasted through most of the season too. Big deal!!!

hater
03-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Heat sleptwalked through East last year. They woke up in the Finals and you know what happened.

I think this year will be even easier for them. Seem a little more focused and awake. We really won't see the awakened beast till Finals again, it's gonna be brutal to whoever comes out of West.

yes injuries can happen, but let's face it, Lebron is made of Adamantium. West teams can always pray I guess

spurraider21
03-04-2013, 04:33 PM

Unless we can hide Tiago on somebody like Thabo/battier and just punish them on offense and on the boards, forcing them to adjust to us. Last year Tiago struggled against the small thunder, and that's why the infamous "Tiago couldn't post fisher" posts started. Tiago has improved this year and will punish a team with a guard on him.
Against Miami, if we actually slow the game down, Lebron finds himself in the paint area anyway when he's at the 4. Tiago defended him for a handful of possessions in our reg season matchup and did decent. It's a matter of making them adjust to us by imposing our will with Tiago and Tim togethet

Seventyniner
03-04-2013, 04:37 PM
I'd give the Spurs the best chance of any team at taking down Miami should they meet. I still can't go above about 40%, though, even if the Spurs have HCA.

Seventyniner
03-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Unless we can hide Tiago on somebody like Thabo/battier and just punish them on offense and on the boards, forcing them to adjust to us. Last year Tiago struggled against the small thunder, and that's why the infamous "Tiago couldn't post fisher" posts started. Tiago has improved this year and will punish a team with a guard on him.
Against Miami, if we actually slow the game down, Lebron finds himself in the paint area anyway when he's at the 4. Tiago defended him for a handful of possessions in our reg season matchup and did decent. It's a matter of making them adjust to us by imposing our will with Tiago and Tim togethet

One problem with trying to "punish them on the boards" by staying big is that the Spurs are a bad offensive rebounding team, and it's not all by design. Some of it has to do with individual skill; while every Spurs starter plus Manu is at least a good rebounder, none are elite other than Duncan and none excel on the offensive glass.

Having Tiago and Duncan take turns in the post and perhaps playing the high-low is a better way to attack a small lineup.

TheGoldStandard
03-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Someone needs to get into the front office and send an email/fax to the officials from David Stern letterhead that states, "Let them play ball" or no "special" calls for Lebron and If Lebron and wade don't live at the free throw line we'd have an even better chance.

spurraider21
03-04-2013, 04:43 PM
I'd give the Spurs the best chance of any team at taking down Miami should they meet. I still can't go above about 40%, though, even if the Spurs have HCA.
I'd rather not play 3 in a row in Miami. I think we have a better chance of stealing 1 in Miami then winning 2 of 3 home games, putting us up 3-2 and try to win 1 in Miami. Otherwise I feel we'd split first 2 at home then go to Miami for 3 straight and fall behind.

Obstructed_View
03-04-2013, 04:44 PM
I think the last time the Heat were beatable was last year, and the Spurs missed their window. That said, I'd love seeing them make the finals and have a shot, as anything can happen.

As others have said, the only thing I'd love more than seeing the Spurs make the finals is seeing the Spurs make the finals and NOT suddenly go small the whole game. No Spurs team has ever won a title trying to adjust to their opponent. Throw 40 minutes of Parker, Ginobili, Leonard, Duncan and Splitter at them and let the chips fall.

Buddy Holly
03-04-2013, 04:57 PM
People act like Miami didn't lose to Dallas. People act like Miami didn't almost get beat by Boston last year. People act like Miami is this undefeated, unmovable object. They're not.

spurraider21
03-04-2013, 04:58 PM
One problem with trying to "punish them on the boards" by staying big is that the Spurs are a bad offensive rebounding team, and it's not all by design. Some of it has to do with individual skill; while every Spurs starter plus Manu is at least a good rebounder, none are elite other than Duncan and none excel on the offensive glass.

Having Tiago and Duncan take turns in the post and perhaps playing the high-low is a better way to attack a small lineup.
Yeah, sounds about right. Whichever (between Tim and Tiago) is being defended by the worse PnR defender should sprint up to the 3 point line and screen tony. So if Miami has bosh on Tim and bron on Tiago, Tim should get up and let bosh defend. Granted, bosh's agility/length makes him a solid pNr defender (not necessarily KG-like though) it's better than just having Lebron rape our offense.

As long as we don't give up putbacks, that's all you can ask for out of that lineup. Lebron thrived on the offensive glass

ace3g
03-04-2013, 05:35 PM
The problem with judging the Spurs vs Heat is that most of the games over past couple of seasons, have either been blow outs and/or part of the Big 3 was missing from one of the teams.

Spurs still have the height that troubles the Heat.

In the East I would go with the Pacers (2-0 against Heat this season); possible ECF match up. Paul George exploded this year, Hibbert always gives them fits (height) and David West can knock down mid range jumpers from anywhere. Plus they are a great defensive team.

biskvito
03-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Spurs still have a long way before worrying about Miami...

look_at_g_shred
03-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Indiana has a great shot as well.

Darius Bieber
03-04-2013, 05:48 PM
I don't get all the hype around Miami. They're not unbeatable, they have more losses than the Spurs at this point. Hell, the Toros were one Ray-Allen-Three-Point-Miss away from beating them. If the Spurs play their game, at their high intensity level, with Ginobili, Parker, Duncan, Leonard, Green, Splitter all playing their absolute best; with Mills and Bonner knocking down threes; with Jax adding toughness; and with Blair keeping seats warm for the players on the Bench, I believe the Spurs are unbeatable and will go all the way. However, injuries and ailments will deter it.

look_at_g_shred
03-04-2013, 05:52 PM
I think if we make it to the finals Tim, Tony, and Manu will be playing on another level and locked in on that trophy regardless of who we play just because it's the Finals (where we are undefeated I might add) :hat

Obstructed_View
03-04-2013, 05:54 PM
People act like Miami didn't lose to Dallas. People act like Miami didn't also get beat by Boston last year. People act like Miami is this undefeated, unmovable object. They're not.

Boston beat Miami the year before Lebron and Bosh arrived. Miami's made the finals twice since that happened.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-04-2013, 06:00 PM
I would take my chances with Tim and Tiago in the paint. Let Lebron come in. I like the Spurs to limit him, he can't be stopped, but at least don't let him have a layup drill. You mean to tell me LEONARD can't slow Wade? Leonard can slow Wade to a crawl!!! Wade isn't a young man anymore, and he has had a injuries. Put a young, lengthy, athletic defender on him and we will see how he plays. Why does everyone bow to the Heat??? They are a very good team, but they are still flawed inside.

About this Parker injury. It freakin sucks, but it just means others will have to step up and score. Personally I think it will be good for a guy like Leonard. Leonard needs to get more involved scoring and this is chance for him to do so. He is already heating up, maybe he will bust out a bit. We will get to see more from CoJo. The Spurs just have to play team ball. Remember we played our "road" games already.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-04-2013, 06:02 PM
I think if we make it to the finals Tim, Tony, and Manu will be playing on another level and locked in on that trophy regardless of who we play just because it's the Finals (where we are undefeated I might add) :hat

Yep, you will see the Spurs playing at another gear. That is the truth, The Big 3 want to walk away champions one more time. The effort will be 2nd to none. I hope we get there!!!

Arcadian
03-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Absolutely. OKC is Miami's bitch. The Spurs would give them problems.

HarlemHeat37
03-04-2013, 06:21 PM
A broken Boston team took them to 7 games last year when clearly the Heat were the best team in the NBA last year, styles make fights. Sure the Heat have the X factor with LeBron but he's not going to play every minute of every playoff game and play all 5 positions at once and lock everyone down. Battier can go cold, someone can get hurt and people can miss shots. Its why we play the game.

Miami was without Bosh for most of the playoffs last year..kind of a big deal, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
03-04-2013, 06:22 PM
The Spurs and Thunder have pretty much coasted through most of the season too. Big deal!!!

:lol are you going to predict that Miami doesn't make the Finals for the 3rd straight year?:lol..

TampaDude
03-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Spurs-Heat Finals...LeBron will be thinking, "oh, man...not THESE guys again." :lol

HarlemHeat37
03-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Someone needs to get into the front office and send an email/fax to the officials from David Stern letterhead that states, "Let them play ball" or no "special" calls for Lebron and If Lebron and wade don't live at the free throw line we'd have an even better chance.

Miami is 18th in the league in FTAs and 10th in FTAs allowed..

Lebron and Wade aren't in the top 5 in FTAs despite shooting more shots in the paint than 4 of the players in the top 5..

Anybody that actually watches Heat games, rather than assuming, would conclude that they don't get an egregious amount or calls, especially against teams like Indiana, tbh..

LarryDavid
03-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Sure why not.

HarlemHeat37
03-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Spurs have a decent shot at beating the Heat IMO, it will be based on the following factors:

- Duncan needs to play at prime level..Miami is susceptible to opposing bigs dominating them..Tim needs to average around 28-13 if the Spurs are going to win the series IMO..

- Spurs need to make 3s at a high level..the Spurs are one of the best shooting teams in the NBA, and Miami's system often allows 3-point barrages..

- Let Lebron score..focus on shutting down Wade and Bosh, along with their shooters..Lebron is a pass-first player, don't give him options..

The Spurs' playing big could work, but I doubt Pop sticks with it..Splitter would not be able to beat Lebron in the post, while James would kill him on the other end..they will have to hope that Kawhi and Jackson do a decent job on both ends of the floor..

Hoops Czar
03-04-2013, 06:49 PM
:lol are you going to predict that Miami doesn't make the Finals for the 3rd straight year?:lol..

Are you going to predict Miami is going to win the finals for the third straight year?

Just for the record, I predicted Miami would make the finals last year after Rose went down, However, I was on record as saying they didn't deserve to make the finals after playing a dysfunctional Knicks team, a self destructive Pacers squad and a serverely undermanned Celtics team that pushed them to seven. I did pick OKC to win the finals but forgot to take into account the refs. Tough to win a series 5 on 8. The Pacers are much more prepared this year than last so it isn't going to be a walk in the park. And if the Spurs do make the finals, they'll take out the trash and that's my prediction.

Hoops Czar
03-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Spurs have a decent shot at beating the Heat IMO, it will be based on the following factors:

- Duncan needs to play at prime level..Miami is susceptible to opposing bigs dominating them..Tim needs to average around 28-13 if the Spurs are going to win the series IMO..

- Spurs need to make 3s at a high level..the Spurs are one of the best shooting teams in the NBA, and Miami's system often allows 3-point barrages..

- Let Lebron score..focus on shutting down Wade and Bosh, along with their shooters..Lebron is a pass-first player, don't give him options..

The Spurs' playing big could work, but I doubt Pop sticks with it..Splitter would not be able to beat Lebron in the post, while James would kill him on the other end..they will have to hope that Kawhi and Jackson do a decent job on both ends of the floor.. So basically your picking both teams. Way to go out on the limb.

SpurSwag
03-04-2013, 07:03 PM
the problem is tiago still isn't dominant enough that forcing opposing teams to match up big with us makes sense. Lebron can more than hold his own if forced to guard splitter tbh he'd also probably out rebound him. Durant wouldn't have as much success, but splitter/duncan would have a much harder time guarding a perimeter player than durant guarding splitter.

hater
03-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I don't get all the hype around Miami. They're not unbeatable, they have more losses than the Spurs at this point.

no they don't

If the Spurs play their game, at their high intensity level, with Ginobili, Parker, Duncan, Leonard, Green, Splitter all playing their absolute best; with Mills and Bonner knocking down threes; with Jax adding toughness; and with Blair keeping seats warm for the players on the Bench, I believe the Spurs are unbeatable and will go all the way. However, injuries and ailments will deter it.

agree. Basically dozens of things have to go exactly right for spurs to have a chance, on the other hand Heat have 1 thing to get right, give it to Lebron.

TD 21
03-04-2013, 07:08 PM

28 ppg from Duncan throughout a series, is not a realistic number and I also don't think it's one they need to beat them. Clearly, he has to average in the 20's, but more than how much he scores, they need him to do two things offensively: 1) Punish Bosh/Haslem early in the post, thereby forcing them to fully commit to double teaming (they'll probably start off by half double teaming) and 2) Force them to feel obligated to play as much of any of Haslem, Andersen and Anthony, as possible, because all and particularly the latter two, cramp their spacing.

The Spurs' playing big could work, but I doubt Pop sticks with it..Splitter would not be able to beat Lebron in the post, while James would kill him on the other end..they will have to hope that Kawhi and Jackson do a decent job on both ends of the floor..

They could go with Battier on Splitter, but even if they go with James, so long as Battier is on the court, the Spurs can play Splitter next to Duncan. The only time they won't be able to, is when the Heat go with a three guard alignment, with James at PF, because then they'll be no one to hide him on.

To answer the question in the title of the thread, no. The Thunder can "give them a run" and maybe the Pacers and Bulls (depending on what level Rose is at, obviously). But the Spurs are the only one who can beat them.

Buddy Holly
03-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Boston beat Miami the year before Lebron and Bosh arrived. Miami's made the finals twice since that happened.

Typing error. Also should be almost.

therealtruth
03-04-2013, 07:38 PM
The Mavs showed the answer in 2011. Start two 7 footers and keep Lebron out of the paint.

racm
03-04-2013, 07:43 PM

Wut? They've swept the season series against Indiana. They're up 2-1 against Memphis with the loss coming in OT (and Tony shot the game tying 3). They blew out Chicago without the Big 3 + Jax.

It's not so much good defense as it is teams that love to force turnovers like LAC and Miami, but neither of these teams guard the 3 ball that well.

RD2191
03-04-2013, 07:46 PM
you guys are giving the heat way too much respect, lebron still has no killer instinct and he will still fold under pressure, the heat are not unbeatable.

racm
03-04-2013, 07:49 PM
you guys are giving the heat way too much respect, lebron still has no killer instinct and he will still fold under pressure, the heat are not unbeatable.

They're also mortal on the road; sure the Spurs are too but at one point they were below .500 on the road this season.

Obstructed_View
03-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Typing error. Also should be almost.

Ah. Gotcha. Boston pushed them to 7 games. Last year was likely the last crack of daylight for anyone else to beat them, though. Lebron is too good, the supporting cast is now much better, and they play crushing defense when they want to. The addition of Birdman to improve their inside defense could be a big upgrade as well.

RD2191
03-04-2013, 07:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcg6DfMKJMk

birdman can eat shit

Obstructed_View
03-04-2013, 07:59 PM
28 ppg from Duncan throughout a series, is not a realistic number and I also don't think it's one they need to beat them. Clearly, he has to average in the 20's, but more than how much he scores, they need him to do two things offensively: 1) Punish Bosh/Haslem early in the post, thereby forcing them to fully commit to double teaming (they'll probably start off by half double teaming) and 2) Force them to feel obligated to play as much of any of Haslem, Andersen and Anthony, as possible, because all and particularly the latter two, cramp their spacing.

Points and rebounds from Duncan don't really matter. It's the three and a half blocks he puts up per 36 that's going to be the difference. I don't think the Spurs have a shot if Duncan can't give 35 minutes without getting winded.

Obstructed_View
03-04-2013, 08:02 PM

birdman can eat shit

:lmao at Mullin "... and take that. Also."

Proxy
03-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Baseless speculation aside because the recent MIA/SA games don't reveal anything. OKC isn't going to out-star Miami. Maybe the Spurs can out-execute and out-coach them with everyone playing inspired, physical, and unafraid if the refs allow it. Probably not but hopefully we see these matchups play out instead of watching OKC get dominated again.

TD 21
03-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Points and rebounds from Duncan don't really matter. It's the three and a half blocks he puts up per 36 that's going to be the difference. I don't think the Spurs have a shot if Duncan can't give 35 minutes without getting winded.

Rebounds do. They need him to own the glass, which he should have no problem doing against them. And he can definitely play 35 mpg without getting winded. With the shape he's in, how he paces himself and how, the deeper you go in the playoffs, the longer the TV timeouts become, that's not an issue.

Realistically though, for them to beat the Thunder/Heat, he'd probably have to average closer to 40.

Obstructed_View
03-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Rebounds do. They need him to own the glass, which he should have no problem doing against them. And he can definitely play 35 mpg without getting winded. With the shape he's in, how he paces himself and how, the deeper you go in the playoffs, the longer the TV timeouts become, that's not an issue.

Realistically though, for them to beat the Thunder/Heat, he'd probably have to average closer to 40.
Duncan's played 40 minutes like twice since December 1. He's going to have to start getting more minutes down the stretch if there's any prayer of having him put up anything close to 40 productive minutes in the postseason.

Seventyniner
03-04-2013, 09:21 PM
As long as we don't give up putbacks, that's all you can ask for out of that lineup. Lebron thrived on the offensive glass

I don't know about LeBron himself, but the Heat as a team are 27th in offensive rebound percentage. Sure, the Spurs are 30th, but offensive rebounding is a weakness for the Heat too.

Seventyniner
03-04-2013, 09:25 PM
It's a bit harder to pencil the Heat in for the title this year, too, because the Heat's defense has really fallen off. They were 5th in DRtg in 2011 (lost in the Finals), 4th last year (won the title), but are 12th this year. Sure you can give the coasting argument, but at this point in the season, stats tell a lot about a team.

Looking at the four factors more closely, this year's Heat team actually resembles last year's Spurs team in many ways. Great offense, just-above-average defense, bad offensive rebounding, etc.

Robz4000
03-04-2013, 09:32 PM
It's a bit harder to pencil the Heat in for the title this year, too, because the Heat's defense has really fallen off. They were 5th in DRtg in 2011 (lost in the Finals), 4th last year (won the title), but are 12th this year. Sure you can give the coasting argument, but at this point in the season, stats tell a lot about a team.

Looking at the four factors more closely, this year's Heat team actually resembles last year's Spurs team in many ways. Great offense, just-above-average defense, bad offensive rebounding, etc.

I think it has a lot to do with them going small. Considering it's what won them the title last year I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

tmtcsc
03-04-2013, 10:18 PM
People act like Miami didn't lose to Dallas. People act like Miami didn't almost get beat by Boston last year. People act like Miami is this undefeated, unmovable object. They're not.

Couldn't agree more. We looked unbeatable last year. See where that got us? Miami is still a two 2.5 man team. Make LeBron beat us himself and we'll be fine. He's not comfortable in that role.

TampaDude
03-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Folks, there is only one team in the West that can beat Miami, and that is the Spurs. :hat

LeBron will be thinking, "Oh, shit...not THESE guys again..." :lol

ffadicted
03-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Amen

xellos88330
03-04-2013, 11:40 PM
I think it is a toss up really. I will say that I think the Spurs total team "A" game is better than the Heat "A" game.

rmt
03-05-2013, 12:40 AM
MIA's "bad" defensive numbers are due to Spo going small in the early part of the season. I think he was practicing the small ball for OKC and SAS (and this was before they got Birdman). Pop, of course, will go small to adjust to Lebron/Battier at PF. IMO, they should try staying at home on everyone else and let Lebron have his (rotating Diaw, SJax and Leonard on him). The past few games they've played (at full strength) have been 30 point blowouts where MIA's 3 pt shooters got hot. Pop seemed to play a lot of Diaw on Lebron since Diaw's been a Spur (I guess it's Pop way of not going "small" - not doubling Lebron, contested jump shots but Lebron doesn't get to post up a smaller player). Unfortunately, Lebron can play almost the whole game and Diaw can't.

I'm hoping that MIA continues to win (long win streak), builds up VERY high media expectations and has a let down preferably against the Spurs or some other team capable of beating them (meaning not in the first round). That'd be ideal for the Spurs - beating a hyped up MIA team. But, short of an injury to Lebron (and he never gets injured), there's no way to beat MIA with him playing at this level.

TheGoldStandard
03-05-2013, 01:32 AM
Miami is 18th in the league in FTAs and 10th in FTAs allowed..

Lebron and Wade aren't in the top 5 in FTAs despite shooting more shots in the paint than 4 of the players in the top 5..

Anybody that actually watches Heat games, rather than assuming, would conclude that they don't get an egregious amount or calls, especially against teams like Indiana, tbh..

Wade and Lebron average around 6 attempts a game during the regular season, who rounds out the top 5? Harden, Durant and Westbrook are somewhere in the mix but last year they were barely afforded any opportunities to get to the line during the finals because the refs are under the impression that Wade and LeBron don't foul especially LeBron. You can't play that kind of physical defense and not have fouls but James can go games without a foul called on him and when they do call something on him it's like he's being pranked he can't believe it. The same thing will happen this season, the 6 will increase to either 7 or 8 a game and whoever defends him will be in foul trouble by the end of the 1st quarter.

racm
03-05-2013, 01:39 AM
Wade and Lebron average around 6 attempts a game during the regular season, who rounds out the top 5? Harden, Durant and Westbrook are somewhere in the mix but last year they were barely afforded any opportunities to get to the line during the finals because the refs are under the impression that Wade and LeBron don't foul especially LeBron. You can't play that kind of physical defense and not have fouls but James can go games without a foul called on him and when they do call something on him it's like he's being pranked he can't believe it. The same thing will happen this season, the 6 will increase to either 7 or 8 a game and whoever defends him will be in foul trouble by the end of the 1st quarter.

It depends on who defends him. Guys like Paul George who have the reputation of being defensive stoppers will get the benefit of the doubt as to physical play.

I believe Kawhi Leonard's coming around to that reputation.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-05-2013, 02:45 AM

birdman can eat shit

I had a feeling this was Tim "Duncan" on him right after the ball slap to the face!!!!

BatManu20
03-05-2013, 04:11 AM
I think the Spurs would give the Heat the best challenge of any team in the West but nobody is beating the Heat this year in a 7 game series imo.

BobaFett1
03-05-2013, 07:01 AM
Heat are beatable. I agree it is not a easy task but they can be beat. I gamble on dere role players............I think Spurs bench is a big big plus over the heat bench.

HarlemHeat37
03-05-2013, 05:49 PM
On PTI, Brian Windhorst said the Spurs are the only team that may give Miami a challenge, partly due to lack of match-up data between the 2 teams..

Amuseddaysleeper
03-05-2013, 06:19 PM
I think the Spurs would give the Heat the best challenge of any team in the West but nobody is beating the Heat this year in a 7 game series imo.

/thread

ace3g
03-05-2013, 06:47 PM
On PTI, Brian Windhorst said the Spurs are the only team that may give Miami a challenge, partly due to lack of match-up data between the 2 teams..

The problem with judging the Spurs vs Heat is that most of the games over past couple of seasons, have either been blow outs and/or part of the Big 3 was missing from one of the teams.

In the East I would go with the Pacers (2-0 against Heat this season); possible ECF match up. Paul George exploded this year, Hibbert always gives them fits (height) and David West can knock down mid range jumpers from anywhere. Plus they are a great defensive team.

SayTown
03-05-2013, 07:35 PM
I can see Spurs outshooting Miami in couple games.

I`ll go with Jax and Diaw on LeBron and keep Leonard on Wade.

Yeah Lebron is going to get his no matter who guards him, might as well put Kawhi on Wade and stop the rest of the team. It would be great if Kawhi could make lebron work on the defense end also

Pasta Batman
03-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah Lebron is going to get his no matter who guards him, might as well put Kawhi on Wade and stop the rest of the team. It would be great if Kawhi could make lebron work on the defense end also

I'm not sure Kawhi taking it at Lebron would really do much. I think Spurs need to execute their offensive mostly, but Kawhi in screen and roll with a Duncan or Splitter could be interesting from time to time.

Norris Cole
03-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Only Spurs fan would think the Spurs are the better team despite Miami being the defending champs. Despite the fact Miami, the defending champs, went on to improve that championship roster while the Spurs stood pat. I've said before the Spurs match up with Miami the best of any team but let's be real, the Spurs haven't done anything since 2007 but get much older.

Kidd K
03-05-2013, 08:21 PM

The Heat aren't as good defensively as they were in years past. I don't think they can kill us on D'. Their interior defense is mediocre. Their perimeter defenders can be negated with screens. The only teams who can really disrupt the Spurs are the super athletic teams who are also allowed to get away with fouling like OKC and Memphis.

Wade isn't as good as he used to be. I agree that we have no one who can check LeBron. . .because nobody can. But Wade? Nah, he's beatable now. Battier is also old. Miller I think will be checked harder than he was last time when he had that miracle game from three.

TheGoldStandard
03-05-2013, 08:27 PM
DeJuan Blair submarines Lebron and single handedly earns himself finals MVP.

Seriously, it would take a tremendous effort of team ball for 7 games.

Norris Cole
03-05-2013, 08:37 PM
The Heat aren't as good defensively as they were in years past. I don't think they can kill us on D'. Their interior defense is mediocre. Their perimeter defenders can be negated with screens. The only teams who can really disrupt the Spurs are the super athletic teams who are also allowed to get away with fouling like OKC and Memphis.

Wade isn't as good as he used to be. I agree that we have no one who can check LeBron. . .because nobody can. But Wade? Nah, he's beatable now. Battier is also old. Miller I think will be checked harder than he was last time when he had that miracle game from three.

Considering you think Miami can't play the same championship D they played last year shows you don't watch much basketball outside of the Spurs. Not surprising considering your takes are amongst the shittiest.

BTW in the last 20 games Wade is averaging 24/6/6 2.1 stls, 1.1 blk while shooting 54% from the field. :lol

Norris Cole
03-05-2013, 08:40 PM

Oh shit missed this the first time :rollin

Miami is not super athletic? Boy you are stupid :lmao

TheGoldStandard
03-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Spurs need to keep HCA by any means necessary, if they were to make it to the Finals and Miami is there they own in Miami.

RD2191
03-05-2013, 09:15 PM
tf outta here norris cole wannabe, the heat are garbage, epic choke job by the heat in 2011, your team is shit, making the finals is a cakewalk in the garbage east.

Mugen
03-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Duncan would have to play out of his mind for the Spurs to have a chance at beating the Heat. The Heat have the personnel to slow down TP/Manu and our 3pt. shooters. The only guy they wouldn't have an answer for would be Timmy.

It'd be a fun series though. Much better than watching KD cry into his fat mother's arms after every game tbh.

Norris Cole
03-05-2013, 09:22 PM
tf outta here norris cole wannabe, the heat are garbage, epic choke job by the heat in 2011, your team is shit, making the finals is a cakewalk in the garbage east.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7125/7443176232_a98d462ff0.jpg

Boomersgold
03-05-2013, 09:24 PM

You guys have zero presence in the post. What do you have that could possibly counter our Duncan-Splitter combo?

Norris Cole
03-05-2013, 09:28 PM
You guys have zero presence in the post. What do you have that could possibly counter our Duncan-Splitter combo?

Hey dumbass did you not watch the finals last year? LeBron dominated in the post.

Splitter? Hes soft as they get :lol

Brunodf
03-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Duncan would have to play out of his mind for the Spurs to have a chance at beating the Heat. The Heat have the personnel to slow down TP/Manu and our 3pt. shooters. The only guy they wouldn't have an answer for would be Timmy.

It'd be a fun series though. Much better than watching KD cry into his fat mother's arms after every game tbh.

Wut?

TheGoldStandard
03-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Spurs need to hop into the way back machine and get Duncan from the 2003 Finals and this wouldn't even be a series but alas that won't happen. The Spurs would have to kill the second unit with defense and points in order to make this a series and limit Battier and Chalmers and let Lebron get his and to an extent Wade.

Mugen
03-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Wut?

What part of that do you not understand?

Brunodf
03-05-2013, 09:44 PM
What part of that do you not understand?

Who stops TP, they don't have a player or the frontcourt to

TheGoldStandard
03-05-2013, 09:45 PM
LeBron would play TP, Manu would have to be big off the bench, 15 - 20 pts big each game and Green, Leonard need to hit every open 3. Tim will probably get about 14 a game Tiago or whoever we rotate needs to get at least 10 or 12 a game and our bench needs to just play lights out.

Norris Cole
03-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Spurs need to hop into the way back machine and get Duncan from the 2003 Finals and this wouldn't even be a series but alas that won't happen. The Spurs would have to kill the second unit with defense and points in order to make this a series and limit Battier and Chalmers and let Lebron get his and to an extent Wade.

Just keep the same level of play and execution. Duncan and Parker have to play at an elite level which could be a lot to ask that out of Duncan but he may have one more push in him given this would truly be his last chance. Honestly don't see the Spurs beating Miami but they can give them a run better than anyone else at the moment. The Spurs just seem to run out of gas in the playoffs but who knows they may just have enough in the tank to get to the finals this year...

TheGoldStandard
03-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Just keep the same level of play and execution. Duncan and Parker have to play at an elite level which could be a lot to ask that out of Duncan but he may have one more push in him given this would truly be his last chance. Honestly don't see the Spurs beating Miami but they can give them a run better than anyone else at the moment. The Spurs just seem to run out of gas in the playoffs but who knows they may just have enough in the tank to get to the finals this year...

Agreed, last year there perimeter players decided to take vacation early, they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Pop is smart enough to make adjustments and coach them up but it really depends on what Duncan and TP can do and of course the wild card in Manu. Bench scoring would have to be big since our core is veterans and Lebron will play 48 if he has to and probably will.

Boomersgold
03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Hey dumbass did you not watch the finals last year? LeBron dominated in the post.

Splitter's a finesse player like Pau Gasol, who helped the Lakers win 2 championship trophies. Want to know another successful finesse player who's not physically dominant (like Shaq) in the post? Here's a clue: his name starts with a T and ends with a D.

You guys have virtually zero presence in the post. Sure, Lebron will post up once every 10 possessions, but that's not good enough to compete against teams which have specialized post players.

Norris Cole
03-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Splitter's a finesse player like Pau Gasol, who helped the Lakers win 2 championship trophies. Want to know another successful finesse player who's not physically dominant (like Shaq) in the post? Here's a clue: his name starts with a T and ends with a D.

You guys have virtually zero presence in the post. Sure, Lebron will post up once every 10 possessions, but that's not good enough to compete against teams which have specialized post players.
Splitter is nothing like Pau Gasol :lmao

When was the last time Tim Duncan dominated a playoff series?

TheGoldStandard
03-05-2013, 10:13 PM
The one thing I will say about Splitter is that he actually can hit a free throw this season so that'll actually help when we're playing in a half court set and trying to attack the post and dish it out to our perimeter players.

Mugen
03-05-2013, 10:51 PM

The Heat could put LeBron on TP in the 4th and pretty much cancel him out (See 2011 ECF). They've got guys that can guard Manu and the footspeed on the perimeter to close out on our shooters (See 2012 WCF).

Tim would have to play pretty dominant for the Spurs to have a shot at knocking them off.

DJR210
03-05-2013, 10:57 PM
that referee free throw thing will pretty much kill us ... Lebron or KD can get to the line as often as they want ... This is offset by the Spurs making shots. If Danny Green made some three's in the games we lost against OKC, we win those games, especially game six in that BS final stretch of questionable fouls that allowed OKC to seal the deal.

Brunodf
03-05-2013, 11:09 PM
The Heat could put LeBron on TP in the 4th and pretty much cancel him out (See 2011 ECF). They've got guys that can guard Manu and the footspeed on the perimeter to close out on our shooters (See 2012 WCF).

Tim would have to play pretty dominant for the Spurs to have a shot at knocking them off.

I really don't remember TP playing in the 2011 ECF, i will check out...
And isn't good for the team rebounding/D when their PF have to defend a PG...

Kidd K
03-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Considering you think Miami can't play the same championship D they played last year shows you don't watch much basketball outside of the Spurs. Not surprising considering your takes are amongst the shittiest.

BTW in the last 20 games Wade is averaging 24/6/6 2.1 stls, 1.1 blk while shooting 54% from the field. :lol

They can't play championship D'. Speaking of the shittest take possible, perhaps you, being the bandwagoning faggot with zero basketball knowledge that you are, should've actually looked up where they rank in the NBA this year as opposed to last year before you shat in your own mouth with that terrible post.

Miami's defensive rating: 104.6. Rank in NBA: 11th.
Last year's defensive rating: 100.2. Rank in NBA: 4th.
Spurs this year: 100.2 defensive rating, Rank in NBA: 3rd.
League average: 105.6

The Heat are giving up way more points than last year and are far lower in the league's rankings. Literally only a point better than league average. And this is despite the fact that the eastern conference has poor offense. . .only 3 teams in the top 10 in offensive rating and one of them is Miami who doesn't have to defend themselves.

If you're going to bold that sentence, why don't you open your ignorant eyes and read what I said right before it?

Their interior defense is mediocre. Their perimeter defenders can be negated with screens

Apparently you can't read. The good athleticism of LeBron and Wade don't matter when screens can cut them out of the play and nothing's waiting at the basket except Bosh, Anthony, and Haslem.

You seem to have an incredibly shallow pool of NBA knowledge to pull from.

timtonymanu
03-05-2013, 11:24 PM

LeBron and Wade are probably at the top of best perimeter defenders in the league. They are gonna give Tony fits. Like Mugen said, it is up to Duncan/Splitter playing at their full potential for the Spurs to beat Miami.

Norris Cole
03-05-2013, 11:51 PM
They can't play championship D'. Speaking of the shittest take possible, perhaps you, being the bandwagoning faggot with zero basketball knowledge that you are, should've actually looked up where they rank in the NBA this year as opposed to last year before you shat in your own mouth with that terrible post.

Miami's defensive rating: 104.6. Rank in NBA: 11th.
Last year's defensive rating: 100.2. Rank in NBA: 4th.
Spurs this year: 100.2 defensive rating, Rank in NBA: 3rd.
League average: 105.6

The Heat are giving up way more points than last year and are far lower in the league's rankings. Literally only a point better than league average. And this is despite the fact that the eastern conference has poor offense. . .only 3 teams in the top 10 in offensive rating and one of them is Miami who doesn't have to defend themselves.

If you're going to bold that sentence, why don't you open your ignorant eyes and read what I said right before it?

Apparently you can't read. The good athleticism of LeBron and Wade don't matter when screens can cut them out of the play and nothing's waiting at the basket except Bosh, Anthony, and Haslem.

You seem to have an incredibly shallow pool of NBA knowledge to pull from.
Well its obvious where your knowledge ends.. The stat sheet.. Numbers are as shallow as it gets. You could easily watch a game and see that Miami doesn't give effort on defense every game, just turns it up when they want. Any idiot can look up numbers and that obviously doesn't make them knowledgeable. You're living proof of that.

I will keep this bookmarked so after Miami repeats I can not only laugh at you for being a faggot but being a idiot as well :lol

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2013, 12:03 AM
Miami's defensive stats are skewed by their horrible start that was caused by too much smallball + coasting..

Since their terrible start, they have climbed 13 spots in the P/100 allowed rankings..they have the same personnel as last year, probably better since Birdman actually looks decent, there is no reason to believe their playoff defense is going to regress, tbh..

Kidd K
03-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Well its obvious where your knowledge ends.. The stat sheet.. Numbers are as shallow as it gets. You could easily watch a game and see that Miami doesn't give effort on defense every game, just turns it up when they want. Any idiot can look up numbers and that obviously doesn't make them knowledgeable. You're living proof of that.

I will keep this bookmarked so after Miami repeats I can not only laugh at you for being a faggot but being a idiot as well :lol

Ah yes, the weakest possible argument that surfaces on sports forums. "stats don't mean anything". This is what idiots who get proven wrong resort to when they know no argument they make is going to make a difference anymore.

Any idiot can claim "stats don't matter" and claim "I see what I see and I know it's good!", then continue to spew shit from their mouth by trying to pretend facts don't matter. Actually, only an idiot would do that. Numbers aren't an opinion. Your deluded, non-fact based opinion is. Thanks for posting the dumbest argument known to man to make me look good.

Dumb bandwagoning faggot. :lmao

td4mvp21
03-06-2013, 12:32 AM
I don't see it. Miami would trap all the pick and rolls and put a bigger defender on Parker.

Fireball
03-06-2013, 03:14 AM
This is offset by the Spurs making shots. If Danny Green made some three's in the games we lost against OKC, we win those games, especially game six in that BS final stretch of questionable fouls that allowed OKC to seal the deal.

too many "if's" IMO ... refs also missed crucial goaltending goals

therealtruth
03-06-2013, 06:03 AM

TP will have to treat Chalmers like D. Gibson in '07 for us to have a chance.

therealtruth
03-06-2013, 06:04 AM
too many "if's" IMO ... refs also missed crucial goaltending goals

This is where you it would help if Pop were more like Phil Jackson. The Spurs should definitely have drawn more attention to the fact that Ibaka was getting away with goaltending earlier in the series.

Norris Cole
03-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Ah yes, the weakest possible argument that surfaces on sports forums. "stats don't mean anything". This is what idiots who get proven wrong resort to when they know no argument they make is going to make a difference anymore.

Any idiot can claim "stats don't matter" and claim "I see what I see and I know it's good!", then continue to spew shit from their mouth by trying to pretend facts don't matter. Actually, only an idiot would do that. Numbers aren't an opinion. Your deluded, non-fact based opinion is. Thanks for posting the dumbest argument known to man to make me look good.

Dumb bandwagoning faggot. :lmao

Never did I say stats didn't matter but rather you can't base your opinion solely on stats. You have to be easily the biggest emo faggot on this site and slowly adding biggest idiot to your resume.

Since we're talking numbers let's just look at the number of times you called a series correctly vs number times I have... :lmao

biskvito
03-06-2013, 07:52 AM
worrying about Miami this early is a disservice to the Spurs, let's see how they go against OKC first...

bklynspursfan
03-06-2013, 09:43 AM

Bosh is softer than tissue paper, but he was a big reason Miami got to and won the championship.

spurspokesman
03-06-2013, 10:05 AM
I think Shaq said it best...

"Miami is going to win the title, unless they face the Spurs."

Pretty much. And this won't happen as its more profitable to the league if OKC makes it to the finals. If the series is close the thunder will be favored by the refs for sure, otherwise agreed.

Norris Cole
03-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Bosh is softer than tissue paper, but he was a big reason Miami got to and won the championship.

Bosh is also much more skilled than Splitter. Don't make idiotic comparisons.

Prime Time
03-06-2013, 11:14 AM
No way can SA beat Miami. Heat are just too good, LeBron+Wade+Bosh+Allen+Battier+A very friendly whistle= unstoppable.

bklynspursfan
03-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Bosh is also much more skilled than Splitter. Don't make idiotic comparisons.

It's not idiotic, you said Splitter was as soft as they got, maybe implying that he could not be impactful cause of that? I was simply proving that statement of yours was pretty idiotic.

And yes Bosh is more skilled, but Splitter these days seems more involved in what the team does offensively than Bosh is at times. The majority of the time, Bosh just needs to hit the mid-range shot. So while it's obvious he's more skilled from what we've seen him do, let's not pretend he displays all of that on the heat. He definitely hit some big shots in the playoffs, no denying that.

rmt
03-06-2013, 06:00 PM
No way can SA beat Miami. Heat are just too good, LeBron+Wade+Bosh+Allen+Battier+A very friendly whistle= unstoppable.

MIA will go small (they practiced this a lot at the beginning of the season and this will keep Tiago off the court), switch on every pick and roll, put Lebron on TP and stall the Spurs' offense. IMO, it's best to put Leonard on Wade (for the whole game), everyone stay at home on their man and let Lebron get his against Diaw/SJax. It'll take an extraordinary series from Duncan offensively, cleaning up the boards and protecting the rim for Spurs to win. Duncan vs Bosh, Lebron vs Diaw/SJax, Leonard vs Wade, Manu vs Battier and TP vs Allen. MIA will be going for steals, trapping anyone but TP bringing up the ball and Lebron will play virtually the whole game.

Of course, they've got to worry about getting out of the West first. I hope for MIA - Boston in the 1st round, Chicago with Rose in the 2nd, IND in the ECF and Spurs in the Finals. Maybe then they'll be a little tired as whichever team comes out of the West.

mingus
03-06-2013, 06:34 PM

I'd take a Spurs small ball lineup of

Parker
Ginobili
Jackson
Leonard
Duncan

over OKC's. For a small ball lineup, that is a lot of size. The thing that is going to suck for OKC this year is that with Martin on the floor, the Spurs can exploit him defensively by putting Kawhi/Jackson in the post against him. Both those guys play well with their back's to the basket.

ace3g
03-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Against the Thunder and possibly the Heat it all comes down to "internal improvements" -- Kawhi, Green, Splitter, and Diaw; plus finding a true back up PG.

Kidd K
03-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Never did I say stats didn't matter but rather you can't base your opinion solely on stats. You have to be easily the biggest emo faggot on this site and slowly adding biggest idiot to your resume.

Since we're talking numbers let's just look at the number of times you called a series correctly vs number times I have... :lmao

Yeah you did faggot.

Numbers are as shallow as it gets

You clearly said the stats didn't matter. Our opinions are different, so my argument was, "let's look at the stats". Yours is, "stats don't matter, only my opinions matters". A pathetic child's argument. You're just another blind, faggoty bandwagoner with nonexistant basketball knowledge that thinks his precious team is the best in the league at everything despite stats, facts, and people telling you otherwise.

As for being emo, I would say your logging in here solely to argue with every single poster who speaks ill about your precious team is as emo as it gets.

And lol, what's this shit about comparing our predictions? I rarely fuck those up. Barely anyone does since the NBA playoffs are the easiest playoffs to predict of all major sports. So I'm not sure what this ":lmao" shit is about, unless you've also deluded yourself to the fact that I only misscalled one series last year, and only two the year before that (one of which was because the Magic choked in the first round). So that's 23/26 (88.5%) the past two years. But lemme guess, facts don't matter to you, do they?

TheGoldStandard
03-06-2013, 08:09 PM

Its that friendly whistle that is the biggest concern in the west Durant and Westbrook always get that friendly whistle when the Spurs exhibit good defense.

Norris Cole
03-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Yeah you did faggot.

You clearly said the stats didn't matter. Our opinions are different, so my argument was, "let's look at the stats". Yours is, "stats don't matter, only my opinions matters". A pathetic child's argument. You're just another blind, faggoty bandwagoner with nonexistant basketball knowledge that thinks his precious team is the best in the league at everything despite stats, facts, and people telling you otherwise.

As for being emo, I would say your logging in here solely to argue with every single poster who speaks ill about your precious team is as emo as it gets.

And lol, what's this shit about comparing our predictions? I rarely fuck those up. Barely anyone does since the NBA playoffs are the easiest playoffs to predict of all major sports. So I'm not sure what this ":lmao" shit is about, unless you've also deluded yourself to the fact that I only misscalled one series last year, and only two the year before that (one of which was because the Magic choked in the first round). So that's 23/26 (88.5%) the past two years. But lemme guess, facts don't matter to you, do they?
Didn't even bother reading all that emo bitching.

Anyway I'm done wasting my time with you. Your takes are shitty homerish garbage and the exact same garbage you spewed last year. Obviously I was right then and as the score stands now, it's me 1 you 0. I'll make sure to make a lol kiddfaggot thread in June.

Kidd K
03-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Didn't even bother reading all that emo bitching.

Anyway I'm done wasting my time with you. Your takes are shitty homerish garbage and the exact same garbage you spewed last year. Obviously I was right then and as the score stands now, it's me 1 you 0. I'll make sure to make a lol kiddfaggot thread in June.

Translation: You got destroyed with facts, cried about it, pretended facts don't matter, now you're playing the kiddie nerd card of "I won, you lost, bye!", even though you obviously just got hammered.

Dumb faggot. :lmao

Obstructed_View
03-07-2013, 01:11 AM
After watching the refs get them back into the game, there's no way anyone's beating the Heat. The league loves them way too much.

Robz4000
03-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Tbh officiating in the Finals should be a lot more even (can't alter any later matchups for higher ratings). It's the path getting there that'll be rough.

TheGoldStandard
03-07-2013, 01:47 AM
Tbh officiating in the Finals should be a lot more even (can't alter any later matchups for higher ratings). It's the path getting there that'll be rough.

In a perfect world yes but Miami got the whistle every time a breeze grazed either Lebron or Wades shorts. OKC and the Durant, Westbrook & Harden trio who are synonymous with getting favorable calls were silenced because Miami never commits a foul, its just "tough" defense. Kevin Durant's arm is an example of the no calls that the Heat get.

It'll take a lot for the Spurs not to be in the bonus within the first 6 minutes of the game if they make to the finals with the Heat.

racm
03-07-2013, 01:55 AM
In a perfect world yes but Miami got the whistle every time a breeze grazed either Lebron or Wades shorts. OKC and the Durant, Westbrook & Harden trio who are synonymous with getting favorable calls were silenced because Miami never commits a foul, its just "tough" defense. Kevin Durant's arm is an example of the no calls that the Heat get.

It'll take a lot for the Spurs not to be in the bonus within the first 6 minutes of the game if they make to the finals with the Heat.

Part of it is also playing style. James and Wade are primarily slashers/post-up players while OKC is a jump shooting team.

That's what makes the Thunder's whistles grating.

Norris Cole
03-07-2013, 07:02 AM
Translation: You got destroyed with facts, cried about it, pretended facts don't matter, now you're playing the kiddie nerd card of "I won, you lost, bye!", even though you obviously just got hammered.

Dumb faggot. :lmao
You base your takes soley off numbers and I stated numbers are as shallow as it gets. Anybody can look at numbers and it doesn't make them an expert. You were too stupid to realize that then and now your too stupid to realize that you're once again being shitted on.

Just like last year when you were claiming the Spurs would win. I called you an idiot with shitty takes then, and in the end the Spurs didn't sniff the finals while Miami went on to win the title. Therefore, the score is me-1 kiddfaggot-0

BTW not all teams play hard in the regular season, therefore numbers are not good indicators of playoff success. Of course you're too stupid to realize that and probably still think regular records have significant meaning as well...

RobinsontoDuncan
03-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Norris Cole and the dumb Spurs posters that keep responding to him are ruining this thread, which, for the most part, had a lot of legit basketball conversation.

Seriously, of course a heat fan who takes the trouble of finding a Spurs fan forum to come talk shit to Spurs fans on is going to tell us all the Heat will beat the Spurs in the finals. That's not news. Now, I am of the opinion that the Spurs and Heat could be a great series and I have no idea how it would play out. I think the Spurs have a great team this year. I guess we'll see.

Kidd K
03-07-2013, 02:01 PM
You base your takes soley off numbers and I stated numbers are as shallow as it gets. Anybody can look at numbers and it doesn't make them an expert. You were too stupid to realize that then and now your too stupid to realize that you're once again being shitted on.

Just like last year when you were claiming the Spurs would win. I called you an idiot with shitty takes then, and in the end the Spurs didn't sniff the finals while Miami went on to win the title. Therefore, the score is me-1 kiddfaggot-0

BTW not all teams play hard in the regular season, therefore numbers are not good indicators of playoff success. Of course you're too stupid to realize that and probably still think regular records have significant meaning as well...

I saw the "hurr durr, when I get proven wrong by stats I pretend they don't matter" shit the first time. Every dumb faggot who's opinion is wrong will resort to that lame excuse. It's the excuse terrible sports fans always resort to to hide their lack of knowledge. "um uh, your basketball facts don't matter! Yeah that's it!" :lmao

I never said the Spurs would win the title last year, I said their chances to win were good when faggots like yourself were acting like they'd lose in the first round again since your opinion is solely based on what happened last season rather than this season. The bandwagoner's logic. Try harder next time faggot.

Hey look, another "I'll pretend you're thinking this" argument since you can't refute anything I actually say. :lol I see you're falling back on yet another lame, weak ass excuse too. Now the Heat's mediocre defensive numbers this year is based upon them "not playing hard in the regular season". :lmao This is getting embarrassing. I find it hard not to laugh after reading any of your terrible points.

Johnny RIngo
03-07-2013, 03:44 PM
There's some naive fans on here. In a matchup with the Heat, Miami would have the best two players on the floor(Lebron, Wade). That combined with a decent supporting cast gives them a substantial edge over any other team in the league.

Norris Cole
03-07-2013, 03:49 PM
I saw the "hurr durr, when I get proven wrong by stats I pretend they don't matter" shit the first time. Every dumb faggot who's opinion is wrong will resort to that lame excuse. It's the excuse terrible sports fans always resort to to hide their lack of knowledge. "um uh, your basketball facts don't matter! Yeah that's it!" :lmao

I never said the Spurs would win the title last year, I said their chances to win were good when faggots like yourself were acting like they'd lose in the first round again since your opinion is solely based on what happened last season rather than this season. The bandwagoner's logic. Try harder next time faggot.

Hey look, another "I'll pretend you're thinking this" argument since you can't refute anything I actually say. :lol I see you're falling back on yet another lame, weak ass excuse too. Now the Heat's mediocre defensive numbers this year is based upon them "not playing hard in the regular season". :lmao This is getting embarrassing. I find it hard not to laugh after reading any of your terrible points.
So, according to your idiotic logic, a person without knowledge would say numbers don't matter? The easiest thing to look up and pretend to be all knowing. Again, using numbers to solely base your takes is shallow, that doesn't mean they don't matter. You're either mentally retarded or lack reading comprehension.

Norris Cole
03-07-2013, 04:06 PM
There's more to basketball than just numbers, like match ups. You really think the Heat suddenly lost their elite defense without losing any of their core? You are definitely challenging LkrFag for biggest idiot.

"Spurs have the best record in the NBA so they will win the championship! You can't argue numbers!" :lmao

How about this, if Miami repeats, you will sport the sig and avatar of my choosing and vice versa.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2013, 04:08 PM
You guys need to do the rest of us a favor and take the Special Olympics to PM, please.

TampaDude
03-07-2013, 05:04 PM
There's more to basketball than just numbers, like match ups. You really think the Heat suddenly lost their elite defense without losing any of their core? You are definitely challenging LkrFag for biggest idiot.

"Spurs have the best record in the NBA so they will win the championship! You can't argue numbers!" :lmao

How about this, if Miami repeats, you will sport the sig and avatar of my choosing and vice versa.

How about this: If Miami doesn't repeat, you'll post a photo of yourself wearing a Tim Duncan jersey.

Kidd K
03-07-2013, 07:20 PM
So, according to your idiotic logic, a person without knowledge would say numbers don't matter? The easiest thing to look up and pretend to be all knowing. Again, using numbers to solely base your takes is shallow, that doesn't mean they don't matter. You're either mentally retarded or lack reading comprehension.

You seem to be entirely missing the point. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, so since you refused to take people's words for it, I posted the stats. You then proved your ignorance by saying the numbers don't matter solely because they contradict your opinion.

The fact that it's easy to look up the numbers is the point I made to you to begin with. I will copy and paste it for you.

Speaking of the shittest take possible, perhaps you, being the bandwagoning faggot with zero basketball knowledge that you are, should've actually looked up where they rank in the NBA this year as opposed to last year before you shat in your own mouth with that terrible post.

So not only are you a dumb bandwagoner who's opinion is solely based on last year's Finals, but you're too lazy to even look up what's happening with everyone else this season to realize that Miami has a middle of the pack defense since you don't watch anyone outside of your own team. :bang

Avatar bets? You must be mistaking me with the faggots on here who give a shit about what the low IQ population on here thinks of them. Try someone who will actually give a shit.

Budkin
03-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Honestly I don't think they can be beaten. Not unless something dramatic like an injury happens.

Norris Cole
03-07-2013, 08:00 PM
You seem to be entirely missing the point. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, so since you refused to take people's words for it, I posted the stats. You then proved your ignorance by saying the numbers don't matter solely because they contradict your opinion.

The fact that it's easy to look up the numbers is the point I made to you to begin with. I will copy and paste it for you.

Avatar bets? You must be mistaking me with the faggots on here who give a shit about what the low IQ population on here thinks of them. Try someone who will actually give a shit.

Well its becoming obvious you're just fucking idiot. "Numbers are as shallow as it gets" equals numbers don't matter? You obviously don't watch any games and merely just look up numbers. Well no need to go further, we can agree to disagree. If one feels the need to question who is right all you need to do is look up who has a history of being such. My takes have generally been spot on and theres posting history here to prove such.

Kidd K
03-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Well its becoming obvious you're just fucking idiot. "Numbers are as shallow as it gets" equals numbers don't matter? You obviously don't watch any games and merely just look up numbers. Well no need to go further, we can agree to disagree. If one feels the need to question who is right all you need to do is look up who has a history of being such. My takes have generally been spot on and theres posting history here to prove such.

My opinion is based on reality, and the numbers support my opinion. You're just claiming the numbers don't matter because they support my opinion instead of yours. The rest of your shit argument is straw grasping nonsense and insults to try to take away the fact that you were wrong. Attacking me doesn't make your terrible point any better, nor does it change the facts. It just makes you a faggot.

As for predictions and takes, what bold predictions have you made that have come true? Easy shit like, oh the teams who were in the Finals last year are the favorites to win their conferences and get back to the Finals? That's weak, bandwagon bullshit. Nearly everyone has that take.

Tell me about some of your takes that actually require basketball knowledge. For example, I predicted that the Mavs wouldn't make the playoffs and that the Suns would be battling for dead last before the season started. Two very unpopular takes (to the dimwitted faggots on here) which are both proving to be dead accurate.

Brunodf
03-12-2013, 12:58 AM

:clapPop

LakerHater
03-12-2013, 02:03 AM

timtonymanu
03-12-2013, 02:11 AM
All we need is for Miami to trade Wade for someone like Tyreke Evans and I can feel better about our chances against the Heat. :lol

therealtruth
03-12-2013, 03:43 AM
:clapPop

Teams play small ball to get more of their skilled players on the floor at the same time. It makes no sense to match up to them by playing your less skilled player to match up. Force them to match up to your best players where you have an advantage. It's going to be interesting if the Spurs and Heat meet in the Finals. In '11 Spoelstra hadn't embraced playing Lebron at the 4 and that allowed the Mavs to play Dirk/Chandler together which helped their defense. Is Spoelstra going to try to get Lebron/Battier defend Duncan/Splitter? Hopefully the Spurs can punish them for doing that and force a guy like Joel Anthony to eat up minutes.

ace3g
06-03-2013, 10:43 PM