PDA

View Full Version : ***Official 2013-14 Houston Texans Thread***

benefactor
03-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Might as well get this rolling.

Texans choose not to franchise Glover Quin (http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000146754/)

They have four days until he can start talking to other teams. They'd better not fuck this up.

shyne
03-04-2013, 06:44 PM
If they do fuck that up they better hope they can get Vaccaro or Elam. Then they would need to resign Barwin and hope Reed can play middle linebacker. And they better go get a legit #2 receiver in FA.

DeadlyDynasty
03-04-2013, 06:58 PM
And they better go get a legit #2 receiver in FA.

Jacoby Jones might become available.

benefactor
03-04-2013, 07:27 PM
If they do fuck that up they better hope they can get Vaccaro or Elam. Then they would need to resign Barwin and hope Reed can play middle linebacker. And they better go get a legit #2 receiver in FA.
That's a less than appealing second option. Quin has helped hold that mostly shitty secondary together. Smith needs to get this shit done...no excuses.

shyne
03-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Who you guys want texans to draft?

Chinook
03-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Who are the Texans looking to cut/not re-sign? The Ravens have a couple of holes I'd like to see them fill.

benefactor
03-05-2013, 07:20 AM
As far as players that actually played, they should lose Rashad Butler, Antoine Caldwell, Bradie James, Alan Ball, Shaun Cody and Quinten Demps. Not sure if you want any of those guys. Ball, Cody and Caldwell(if he can stay healthy) might be decent depth for some team. Ball is a great special teamer to have and Cody is no longer starting material but could fill in a few snaps at NT.

Barwin is interesting. He really didn't play that well last year so I don't think any team is going to give him a major payday. He could very easily be brought back for cheap. However, if he goes that's fine. Mercilus and Reed can hold down the OLB position with Braman rotating. Quin is the only major free agent concern. It would be a major blow to lose him.

As far as the draft goes...it's time to quit assing around and draft a WR with the first pick. Walter is just not a true #2 anymore and he may even wind up a cap casualty. Posey has been hurt and Martin has been up and down...and though Jean has shown flashes I'm not sold completely on him yet either. The BPA at WR should be the target at 27. DeAndre Hopkins, Tavon Austin or Robert Woods are all names I wouldn't mind seeing called here. After that, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if they doubled down on ILB with the next two picks. We all saw how the middle went to complete shit after Cushing went down.

shyne
03-05-2013, 07:55 AM
I love me some Tavon Austin, wouldn't mind him or a guy like Keenan Allen. Maybe they get lucky and Patterson falls.

BobaFett1
03-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I love me some Tavon Austin, wouldn't mind him or a guy like Keenan Allen. Maybe they get lucky and Patterson falls.

They need a wideout to take pressure or help out AJ. Walters is done.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2013, 12:37 PM
1. They need to draft a QB somewhere in this draft
2. They do need a legit number 2 reciever BUT if you do spend a high pick on one, he'd better be a possession reciever. Jacoby Jones had speed, didn't do shit in Houston thanks to Schaub's noodle ass arm, and flourished in Baltimore.

benefactor
03-05-2013, 01:13 PM
1. They need to draft a QB somewhere in this draft

I think that would be a wasted pick this year. This is a very weak draft for QB...and I just don't see any that are potential diamonds in the rough for a later round...which is where that QB would need to be drafted as all the early round picks need to address more pressing needs.

2. They do need a legit number 2 reciever BUT if you do spend a high pick on one, he'd better be a possession reciever. Jacoby Jones had speed, didn't do shit in Houston thanks to Schaub's noodle ass arm, and flourished in Baltimore.
This is why I hope DeAndre Hopkins makes it to 27. Great route runner with great hands. Schaub can't throw long but we know he can throw to spots...which makes Hopkins a perfect fit.

Chinook
03-05-2013, 08:23 PM
As far as players that actually played, they should lose Rashad Butler, Antoine Caldwell, Bradie James, Alan Ball, Shaun Cody and Quinten Demps. Not sure if you want any of those guys. Ball, Cody and Caldwell(if he can stay healthy) might be decent depth for some team. Ball is a great special teamer to have and Cody is no longer starting material but could fill in a few snaps at NT.

Barwin is interesting. He really didn't play that well last year so I don't think any team is going to give him a major payday. He could very easily be brought back for cheap. However, if he goes that's fine. Mercilus and Reed can hold down the OLB position with Braman rotating. Quin is the only major free agent concern. It would be a major blow to lose him.

As far as the draft goes...it's time to quit assing around and draft a WR with the first pick. Walter is just not a true #2 anymore and he may even wind up a cap casualty. Posey has been hurt and Martin has been up and down...and though Jean has shown flashes I'm not sold completely on him yet either. The BPA at WR should be the target at 27. DeAndre Hopkins, Tavon Austin or Robert Woods are all names I wouldn't mind seeing called here. After that, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if they doubled down on ILB with the next two picks. We all saw how the middle went to complete shit after Cushing went down.

Thanks for the run-down. I'd like to see what Barwin could do next to Suggs if the Ravens lose Kruger. With Upshaw in the fold, Barwin could come in for passing situations and/or to give Suggs a breather. I think it's time to reduce Suggs' snaps. If Barwin could be had at a reasonable rate, I'd be all for the Ravens making that move. I think Cody would be an upgrade over Kemoeatu at the nose. Maybe he can help Terrence learn proper technique.

As far as the Texans' draft goes, would it be beneficial to get a shifty receiver and run more of a horizontal passing game? Maybe a receiver like Austin could be useful on screen player, and if the Texans choose to move on from Schaub, they can get a quarterback with the arm to fully utilize Austin's abilities. I don't think Austin is a Johnson replacement though, so people who want the Texans to draft AJ's heir-apparent in this draft will probably prefer Hopkins. I completely understand that, as I like him a lot as a Boldin replacement for the Ravens.

benefactor
03-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Barwin thinking about joining the Pats? (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146877/article/conor-barwin-on-joining-pats-that-would-be-nice?)

He's all yours. He's the classic "looks good on paper" player. After a while you start telling yourself..."Hmm...why haven't I seen Barwin getting any pressure off the edge today?"...every single week.

benefactor
03-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Another small, yet interesting news tidbit:

While Lechler would be great, I still hope one of the other names mentioned in this tweet is the bigger news of the offseason.

blkroadrunners
03-08-2013, 04:23 AM
I agree w/ benefactor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13284) on a receiver and an ILB. Maybe an OL will help the Texans also.

benefactor
03-13-2013, 05:36 AM
Still awfully quiet on the Quin front. He's talking to Detroit today but they can't offer any more than Houston can.

Can't believe the Eagles paid Casey that much money. Guess Chip Kelly really believes he can bring something special to his system. He and Walter are the only losses thus far.

shyne
03-13-2013, 01:50 PM
How the fuck is our cap situation so bad? Broncos about to get welker, all these stacked teams are just loading up and we are sitting with our thumbs in our asses.

Chinook
03-13-2013, 04:12 PM
If it makes you feel better, Baltimore is sitting on $10 Million even after the Canty signing and not only do they seem disinterested in re-signing their own free agents, they are continuing to cut players.

djohn2oo8
03-13-2013, 04:51 PM
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
The Texans' first visit will be with S Ed Reed. He'll be at their facility on Thursday. They need a vet to replace Glover Quin.

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2013, 05:14 PM
lol Ed Reed, he rang now he's just gonna paycheck

shyne
03-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Even at 50 years old Reed is better than Quinn ill take it for a year while we can groom a safety.

benefactor
03-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Bold prediction...Texans will sign Michael Huff after losing out on Ed Reed.

benefactor
03-20-2013, 06:26 AM
So they got some offensive lineman and Brice McCain re-signed.

Gr8 free agency so far.

djohn2oo8
03-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Jason La Canfora ✔ JasonLaCanfora

Future Hall of Fame safety Ed Reed has agreed to terms with the Texans, ending his Ravens career.

FUCK YESSSS!!!!

shyne
03-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Ohhh hell ya! In my best stone cold voice:toast

Chinook
03-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Enjoy him, guys. If he still wants to play, he'll be a valuable contributor and mentor. The Texans' secondary intelligence just went up a lot.

Me? I'm thinking about the fourth-rounder Reed just got the Ravens for next year.

benefactor
03-20-2013, 07:48 PM
The Texans' secondary intelligence just went up a lot.

Indeed...the secondary has some talent but no real leader. Problem solved.

benefactor
03-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Speaking of compensatory picks...The Texans got two of them for the upcoming draft for those that don't know. A third rounder(95) and a sixth rounder(201).

shyne
03-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Speaking of compensatory picks...The Texans got two of them for the upcoming draft for those that don't know. A third rounder(95) and a sixth rounder(201).

That third rounder should bring in a pretty nice player.

Chinook
03-20-2013, 08:44 PM

Yes, I really wanted the Ravens to get one of those thirds, but Mario Williams' deal was just too big. I'm interested in seeing what they do with it. If they want to move up in the draft, they may be more inclined to move up with their own third now that they have one only a few picks back.

weebo
03-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Let's just hope Reed still has something to play for after having won the Super Bowl.

benefactor
03-25-2013, 07:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153286/article/alex-smith-ed-reed-elvis-dumervil-lead-crop-of-top-transplants

3) Ed Reed, S, Houston Texans

Hall of Fame players are hard to find on the open market, but the Texans landed one of the most prolific ballhawks in NFL history in Reed. The 12th-year pro has 61 career interceptions; his knack for producing game-changing turnovers could take Houston's defense to another level. While there should be some concern about Reed's durability and tendency to gamble, the confidence, swagger and playmaking ability he brings to the Texans' secondary make the acquisition a worthwhile risk for a team in search of the missing piece.

benefactor
04-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Preseason schedule announced:

@ Minnesota
Miami
New Orleans
@ Dallas

Dr. Gonzo
04-18-2013, 03:27 PM
I wanna see Tyler Eifer in Battle Red, Steel Blue and Liberty White.

benefactor
04-18-2013, 05:41 PM
That would be sweet, but WR is a pretty big need tbh. Hopkins is still my pick.

One name that has been thrown around that I didn't know much about until a few days ago is Datone Jones. This makes sense as a pick because Antonio Smith might wind up a cap casualty next summer. Upon reviewing some footage and doing a little research, I can say that this guy is a beast and lining him up beside Watt would scare the hell out of offenses for years to come. I still want that WR, but I wouldn't hate Jones as the first pick.

benefactor
04-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Schedule is out.

Week 1 (Monday September 9, 2013): at San Diego Chargers, 9:20 p.m. Central Time (ESPN)
Week 2 (Sunday September 15, 2013): vs. Tennessee Titans, 12 p.m. CT (CBS)
Week 3 (Sunday September 22, 2013): at Baltimore Ravens, 12 p.m. CT (CBS)
Week 4 (Sunday September 29, 2013): vs. Seattle Seahawks, 12 p.m. CT (FOX)
Week 5 (Sunday October 6, 2013): at San Francisco 49ers, 7:30 p.m. CT (NBC)
Week 6 (Sunday October 13, 2013): vs. St. Louis Rams, 12 p.m. CT (FOX)
Week 7 (Sunday October 20, 2013): at Kansas City Chiefs, 12 p.m. CT (CBS)
Week 8 (Sunday October 27, 2013): BYE WEEK
Week 9 (Sunday November 3, 2013): vs. Indianapolis Colts, 7:30 p.m. CT (NBC)
Week 10 (Sunday November 10, 2013): at Arizona Cardinals, 3:25 p.m. CT (CBS)
Week 11 (Sunday November 17, 2013): vs. Oakland Raiders , 12 p.m. CT (CBS)
Week 12 (Sunday November 24, 2013): vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 12 p.m. CT (CBS)
Week 13 (Sunday December 1, 2013): vs. New England Patriots, 3:25 p.m. CT (CBS)
Week 14 (Thursday December 5, 2013): at Jacksonville Jaguars, 7:25 p.m. CT (NFL Network)
Week 15 (Sunday December 15, 2013): at Indianapolis Colts, 12 p.m. CT (CBS)
Week 16 (Sunday December 22, 2013): vs. Denver Broncos, 12 p.m. CT (CBS)
Week 17 (Sunday December 29, 2013): at Tennessee Titans, 12 p.m. CT (CBS)

Dr. Gonzo
04-26-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm pretty stoked about the pick. Datone would have been great but WR was a greater need.

djohn2oo8
04-26-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm still pumped about it too. Especially after watching the sports science video of him.

InRareForm
04-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Great pick!

benefactor
04-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Montgomery is the only pick I have concerns about. Pretty happy with the rest.

shyne
04-26-2013, 09:44 PM
Montgomery is the only pick I have concerns about. Pretty happy with the rest.

Super talented player, hopefully he can learn from Watt and play hard every snap. If he does we got a good one.

djohn2oo8
04-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Love Montgomery. We got quite a steal.

benefactor
04-26-2013, 10:23 PM
We'll see. The talent has never been in question...it's his head that's the issue.

Dr. Gonzo
04-26-2013, 10:45 PM
I think the concerns about him are overblown. This is a great pick. The leaders on the defense will keep him in check. I read somewhere that Reggie Herring spent time with the kid so I trust them.

benefactor
04-27-2013, 02:36 PM
The Texans fourth round pick...Trevardo Williams...could be the sleeper pick of this draft for Houston. I admittedly didn't know much about him but it looks like they will move him inside behind Cushing/Sharpton in the rotation. Dude is an athletic freak...6'1, 241lbs and did 30 reps at the combine and ran a 4.57 40. He also ran a 10.58 100 in high school...which is pretty damn impressive. With 24 sacks and 28.5 tackles for a loss over the past two seasons says he knows how to get in the backfield. Great pick with great reward potential this late.

benefactor
04-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Full rundown of the Texans picks:

1st round - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson

2nd round - D.J. Swearinger, FS, South Carolina

3rd round - Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina...Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU

4th round - Trevardo Williams, OLB, UConn

6th round - David Quessenberry, OT, San Jose State...Alan Bonner, WR, Jacksonville State...Chris Jones, DT, Bowling Green...Ryan Griffin, TE, UConn.

Impact guys, high motor guys, high risk/high reward guys...really good looking group of players overall. Can't wait to see them all on the field.

benefactor
04-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Here's a list of UDFA's picked up by the Texans. There will be a rookie camp May 10th. Nwachukwu is probably the most interesting name on the list...followed by Ray Graham. With Forsett gone, the Texans will be looking for a third RB so all the RB's here should get long looks.

Colin Klein (QB--Kansas State)
Ozoma Nwachukwu (WR--Texas A&M)
Michael Smith (WR--UConn)
Zach Borne (FB--Ohio State)
Ray Graham (RB--Pittsburgh)
Dann O'Neill (OT--Western Michigan)
Alex Kupper (OG--Louisville)
Marlon Brown (WR--Georgia)
Bryan Collins (OG--SMU)
Andy Cruse (WR--Ohio)
Alec Lemon (WR--Syracuse)
George Winn (RB--Cincinnati)
Dennis Johnson (RB--Arkansas)
Cierre Wood (RB--Notre Dame)
Johnny Adams (CB--Michigan State)
Evan Frierson (ILB--Illinois)
Travis Howard (CB--Ohio State)
Justin Tuggle (LB--Kansas State)
Earl Okine (DE--Florida)
Ja'Gared Davis (ILB--SMU)
Jawanza Starling (S--USC)
Orhian Johnson (S--Ohio State)
A.J. Bouye (CB--Central Florida)

J.T.
04-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Oh you guys got Trevardo Williams huh? The Colts blogs/sites I go to did a shit ton of draft profiles on him thinking we'd take him with the 4th or 5th round picks we had. Seems like decent value for where he was drafted and has some upside. Probably will get a lot of pt when Cushing's roid-infested muscles explode again.

A lot of the same mocks had us taking Hopkins in the 1st, too. Funny that you guys ended up with both. I would have liked us to pick Hopkins but I guess they figured DHB has a lot of upside getting to play with a legit QB for once and didn't need to draft a WR this year. Bjoern Werner seems like he could develop into a combination of Jason Pierre Paul and Paul Kruger so that's good enough for me.

benefactor
05-02-2013, 06:56 AM
I'm pretty excited about Williams tbh. I feel like he can probably come in and be in the ILB rotation immediately. I think they are going to move Reed inside too. After watching that dumpster fire that occurred last year at ILB after Cushing went down, it looks like they are making sure depth there is a priority.

BobaFett1
05-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Here's a list of UDFA's picked up by the Texans. There will be a rookie camp May 10th. Nwachukwu is probably the most interesting name on the list...followed by Ray Graham. With Forsett gone, the Texans will be looking for a third RB so all the RB's here should get long looks.

Colin Klein (QB--Kansas State)
Ozoma Nwachukwu (WR--Texas A&M)
Michael Smith (WR--UConn)
Zach Borne (FB--Ohio State)
Ray Graham (RB--Pittsburgh)
Dann O'Neill (OT--Western Michigan)
Alex Kupper (OG--Louisville)
Marlon Brown (WR--Georgia)
Bryan Collins (OG--SMU)
Andy Cruse (WR--Ohio)
Alec Lemon (WR--Syracuse)
George Winn (RB--Cincinnati)
Dennis Johnson (RB--Arkansas)
Cierre Wood (RB--Notre Dame)
Johnny Adams (CB--Michigan State)
Evan Frierson (ILB--Illinois)
Travis Howard (CB--Ohio State)
Justin Tuggle (LB--Kansas State)
Earl Okine (DE--Florida)
Ja'Gared Davis (ILB--SMU)
Jawanza Starling (S--USC)
Orhian Johnson (S--Ohio State)
A.J. Bouye (CB--Central Florida)

You guys still have Jerrell Jackson?

benefactor
05-13-2013, 06:28 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Nick%E2%80%99s-Notes-Texans-rookie-mini-camp/86d52e07-a944-4925-ac27-b5659c0b3aed

DeAndre Hopkins looked every bit like a first-round draft pick. The Clemson wide receiver caught seemingly everything thrown his way, with at least one highlight-reel one-handed grab on all three days of practice. That included Sunday, when he caught a lofted deep ball from Case Keenum down the left sideline with his left hand while his right arm was being held by a defensive back who was on his back as Hopkins made the catch falling to the ground.

:hungry:

benefactor
07-18-2013, 10:09 AM

det defense at full strength

Prepare your assholes, NFL.

benefactor
07-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Oh...and :lol Derrick Rose.

TXstbobcat
07-22-2013, 08:06 PM
I excited to see the texans defense with Cushing back.

Cushing and Watt will be in beast mode this year.

Chief Brody
07-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Is Schaub still the QB?

Clipper Nation
07-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Is Schaub still the QB?

Not only that, but Gary "Norv 2.0" Kubiak is still the coach :lol

benefactor
07-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Yes to both, unfortunately.

They are close to an AFC championship game appearance regardless though if they stay healthy. That defense can carry them past much of the limitations that Kubes/Schaub produce. Don't forget that they added Lechler. I think he's a underrated addition. He will help that defense even more by flipping field position.

Chief Brody
07-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Yes to both, unfortunately.

They are close to an AFC championship game appearance regardless though if they stay healthy. That defense can carry them past much of the limitations that Kubes/Schaub produce. Don't forget that they added Lechler. I think he's a underrated addition. He will help that defense even more by flipping field position.
Don't get me wrong, Houston is a strong team that got even better in the offseason...but QB, QB, QB brah

benefactor
07-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Yeah I know. They ain't winning it all with det guy under center. AFC championship game is my predicted ceiling.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2013, 10:28 PM
This guy's ridiculous...

cc0c-Qua_NY

TXstbobcat
07-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Is Schaub still the QB?

unfortunately he is. I am hoping the defense and Foster carries them this year.

TXstbobcat
07-22-2013, 10:39 PM
I am still picking the texans to play the broncos in the afc title game.

benefactor
07-23-2013, 05:47 AM
We'll see. The talent has never been in question...it's his head that's the issue.

Dammit Sam. Get your ass in gear. I really don't want to be right about you.

Chinook
07-24-2013, 03:43 AM
So Ed says he might not be ready to play until several games into the season. That'd make me nervous if I were Houston. Reed is pretty fragile, and the Texans don't really have a lot of depth behind him. He always seems on the edge or retirement in July, though. He REALLY hates training camp. So we'll see where this goes.

benefactor
07-24-2013, 06:03 AM
Smith is pretty confident he will be ready by week 1, but even if he isn't they can afford to start without him if necessary. If he's not ready to go by week 3 in Baltimore I'll start getting concerned. Also, I think Swearinger is going to be able to come in and play right away. He'll be able to take some of the load off of Reed.

Clipper Nation
07-24-2013, 11:00 AM
unfortunately he is. I am hoping the defense and Foster carries them this year.
If I were the Texans, I'd actually try to swing a trade for Philbilly Rivers.... if he sucks like he's been sucking for the past two years or so, oh well, you had a shitty quarterback either way, but if he somehow regains his 2009-2010 form, the Texans become arguably the favorites in the AFC....

benefactor
07-26-2013, 07:52 AM
Training camp...finally. Encouraging news about Reed from the guy who is probably closest to him...

djohn2oo8
07-26-2013, 09:54 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQGfXyxCcAAld7j.jpg:large

djohn2oo8
07-26-2013, 09:54 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQGja1FCYAAYwnh.jpg:large

djohn2oo8
07-26-2013, 09:55 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQGddeTCAAEp_1r.jpg:large

djohn2oo8
07-26-2013, 09:55 AM
https://twitter.com/DeepSlant/status/360741797514858496/photo/1

benefactor
07-26-2013, 10:44 AM
You there man?

benefactor
07-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Couple of tidbits of good news regarding recent issues:

TXstbobcat
07-26-2013, 11:53 PM
I wish I lived in Houston right now. I would be using all of my sick days to go watch the texans in training camp.

benefactor
07-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Shutdown Countdown: Texans add to air attack, hope a deep playoff run is the result

With all the talk about today’s NFL being a game in which quarterbacks rule the day and everything else runs one step behind, the Houston Texans have built a consistently winning team with a decidedly old-school archetype. Their best player in 2012 was a defensive lineman (J.J. Watt), their primary receiver is an under-the-radar superstar, their quarterback stands a bit above average, and the real fulcrum of the team lies in a power-based, zone running game. They had the NFL’s fewest shotgun plays in 2012, and ran more than most teams when they were behind, even late in games,when they were behind – 34 percent of all such plays in the second half, to be specific.

Keep reading... (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-countdown-texans-add-air-attack-hope-deep-144504430.html)

benefactor
07-29-2013, 02:31 PM

Depth move. They are pretty worried about the youth and the fact that Sharpton can't stay healthy. Better than picking up another Barrett Ruud I guess. Of course, Texans fans know him best for removing part of Schaub's ear last season with a hit that took his helmet off. For the record, there is no hard feelings on Schaub's end.

benefactor
07-29-2013, 02:46 PM
MMQB put together a great article on Cushing. Lot's of good info about where his mind is, his rehab and what he had to do in order to get back ready to play.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/29/brian-cushing-wants-to-hit-something/

TXstbobcat
07-29-2013, 11:49 PM
MMQB put together a great article on Cushing. Lot's of good info about where his mind is, his rehab and what he had to do in order to get back ready to play.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/29/brian-cushing-wants-to-hit-something/

great article. Thank you for posting. I hope Cushing is ready to go into beast mode this season.

benefactor
07-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Good stuff from Hopkins at camp today. Reports are saying he basically owned the vets in the secondary. Made several receptions over Joseph and Manning. Can't wait to see him on the field.

TXstbobcat
07-31-2013, 01:56 PM
That would be huge for the texans if Hopkins could step in with 60 receptions this season.

benefactor
07-31-2013, 01:59 PM
Just gotta hope Schaub throws it to him. He's bad about forcing balls to Johnson and Daniels when he even gets remotely uncomfortable throwing to someone.

shyne
07-31-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm ready to see that dude DJ Swearinger with him coming in and Cush back in the fold watching the defense should be fun. I heard from some friends that have gone to camp he's a fucking wildman, always around the ball getting the guys fired up.

Lincoln
07-31-2013, 04:39 PM

Depth move. They are pretty worried about the youth and the fact that Sharpton can't stay healthy. Better than picking up another Barrett Ruud I guess. Of course, Texans fans know him best for removing part of Schaub's ear last season with a hit that took his helmet off. For the record, there is no hard feelings on Schaub's end.
Our backup ILB Keenan Robinson tore his pec tr first day of camp so we brought him in and apparently the skins wanted no part of him. Not sure if that means anything but we are pretty weak at backup ILB as well.

I think we are signing nick Barnett anyways

Lincoln
07-31-2013, 04:40 PM
That would be huge for the texans if Hopkins could step in with 60 receptions this season.

That's an awfully high bar for a rookie in a run based offense and a number 1 WR already

shyne
07-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Our backup ILB Keenan Robinson tore his pec tr first day of camp so we brought him in and apparently the skins wanted no part of him. Not sure if that means anything but we are pretty weak at backup ILB as well.

I think we are signing nick Barnett anyways

Maybe Shanahan just did his butt buddy Kubes a favor and let him come to Houston.

benefactor
08-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Let's get this shit rolling. Excited about seeing Hopkins on the field and curious about the depth at OLB.

TXstbobcat
08-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Im excited too see how the rookies play tonight. I hope DJ can make some big plays.

TXstbobcat
08-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Nice pick by keo!!!

benefactor
08-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Nice pick after an absolute shit special teams play. Why does Marciano still have a job?

TXstbobcat
08-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Tate with the 1st down.

TXstbobcat
08-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Cool. 1st catch as a pro for Hopkins.

benefactor
08-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Nice looking FG by Bullock. Lot's of questions surrounding him. Hopefully he pans out because there is no backup plan.

TXstbobcat
08-09-2013, 07:18 PM
He's got a hell of a leg for kickoffs.

benefactor
08-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Earl Mitchell looking damn good so far. So glad Cody is gone.

benefactor
08-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Wow...really? Corner depth is suspect behing JJ and Jackson.

TXstbobcat
08-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Earl Mitchell looking damn good so far. So glad Cody is gone.

Nice tackle for loss by Earl. And a sack on the next play!

TXstbobcat
08-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Mitchell again!

benefactor
08-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Good goal line stand after that horrible coverage by Carmichael led to the big play. Mitchell next to Watt is giving me wood.

benefactor
08-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Lechler will be one hell of a weapon this year.

benefactor
08-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Swearinger in.

benefactor
08-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Another pick! Good pressure made that happen.

Chief Brody
08-09-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm not watching this game (we have PHI-NE), but Cassel's statline looks ridiculous:lol

benefactor
08-09-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm not watching this game (we have PHI-NE), but Cassel's statline looks ridiculous:lol
All backup secondary...and yes they are awful. Anyone get's hurt and they are screwed.

benefactor
08-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Yates looking like ass isn't helping either.

TXstbobcat
08-09-2013, 07:52 PM

unfortunately I get to watch this game because I live in Minneapolis. I say unfortunately because Minneapolis is a shit hole.

benefactor
08-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Floyd on the turf. Vikes fans holding their breath.

benefactor
08-09-2013, 07:58 PM
...and there he is. I came.

TXstbobcat
08-09-2013, 08:00 PM
What a Fucking catch by Hopkins!

Chief Brody
08-09-2013, 08:23 PM
The long awaited #2 receiver has finally arrived. It's all on Schaub now--Houston has every other piece needed to win.

benefactor
08-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Agreed.

weebo
08-10-2013, 12:31 AM
:lobt2:

benefactor
08-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Lots to be encouraged about. Gotta go back and rewatch the second half as I fell asleep(getting up before 4am and working 13hrs will do that), but seeing Mitchell repeatedly making plays and Hopkins flashing the playmaking ability he's been advertised to make is exciting. Honestly, as much as the Texans have needed someone like Hopkins, Mitchell was the most exciting thing for me tonight. If he can produce like this consistently beside Watt and Smith that DLine is seriously going to rape.

djohn2oo8
08-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Lots to be encouraged about. Gotta go back and rewatch the second half as I fell asleep(getting up before 4am and working 13hrs will do that), but seeing Mitchell repeatedly making plays and Hopkins flashing the playmaking ability he's been advertised to make is exciting. Honestly, as much as the Texans have needed someone like Hopkins, Mitchell was the most exciting thing for me tonight. If he can produce like this consistently beside Watt and Smith that DLine is seriously going to rape.

Also excited to have Lechler booming 80 yard punts and Bullock kicking balls out of the end zone with our suspect special teams. Willie Jefferson looked pretty good too and Case Keenum could take over as backup.

djohn2oo8
08-10-2013, 08:45 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1747621/hopkins_medium.gif

Bill_Brasky
08-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Lol matt schaub

benefactor
08-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Lol matt schaub
Agreed. Let's hope two legit WR's, TE's, Foster and det defense are enough to get them to the AFCCG. That's the ceiling for this team and I'm ok with that tbh.

djohn2oo8
08-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Good news. Devier Posey is about to come off the PUP and possibly play in a preseason game next week. Dude has made such tremendous progress since tearing his Achilles, if he is able to contribute early this season, that would be huge.

Andre/Hopkins/Posey/Martin

TXstbobcat
08-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Good news. Devier Posey is about to come off the PUP and possibly play in a preseason game next week. Dude has made such tremendous progress since tearing his Achilles, if he is able to contribute early this season, that would be huge.

Andre/Hopkins/Posey/Martin

That's great news. What a quick comeback from that kind of injury. Schaub should have all of the weapons that he needs this year.

benefactor
08-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Concussion for Hopkins.....:depressed

weebo
08-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Bench Schaub. Start Keenum. :lobt2:

Bill_Brasky
08-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Keenum looked solid tbh, would there be any chance of him taking over this year?

djohn2oo8
08-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Keenum looked solid tbh, would there be any chance of him taking over this year?
Depends, tbh. Schaub signed his 4 year extension last year, and the organization has publicly stated its time for him to perform under pressure. For me, I'd say he has this year to prove he can do it. Or I'd look to trade him and start Keenum next year probably. I know for sure Keenum is going in as the #2 QB, and I am comfortable with him as the backup for now, as opposed to TJ Yates. Dude (Keenum) is cool under pressure.

benefactor
08-18-2013, 02:35 PM
We'd have to pray for a Schaub injury. He's Kubiak's golden boy. Overall, with a veteran group Schaub is probably the best option for this year. Hopefully Houston can hang on to Keenum and allow him to usher in the next youth movement with this team consisting of Watt and Hopkins being the major pieces.

TXstbobcat
08-18-2013, 03:26 PM
That was nice to get Cushing back. Nice win for the Texans.

djohn2oo8
08-19-2013, 05:24 PM

djohn2oo8
08-21-2013, 01:50 PM

benefactor
08-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Lots of good news today.:tu

benefactor
09-02-2013, 01:18 PM

djohn2oo8
09-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Texans sign Cushing to 6 year extension.

Ed Reed Practicing in pads.

djohn2oo8
09-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26

Texans restructure Andre Johnson contract4 2013. Was 2make $10.5M n salary. Now Johnson will make $5 million n salary w/ $5.5 million bonus

djohn2oo8
09-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Dre should be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. No doubt.

benefactor
09-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Hopkins is also ready to go for week 1. Damn good stuff today.

benefactor
09-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Cushings deal...6 yrs/55.6...but only 21 million guaranteed. Pretty good deal for both sides.

Chinook
09-04-2013, 12:29 AM
I don't like the Cushing deal too much. $56 Million is too much to pay a player who's coming off a shortened season. They also had to restructure Johnson's deal, which could come back to bite them if he continues to decline.

spurraider21
09-04-2013, 02:46 AM
I don't like the Cushing deal too much. $56 Million is too much to pay a player who's coming off a shortened season. They also had to restructure Johnson's deal, which could come back to bite them if he starts to decline.

spurraider21
09-04-2013, 02:47 AM
generally not a fan of paying top dollar for ILB's in a 3-4, but its pretty damn hard to deny Cushings' impact on the Texans D. they went from dominant to above average once he left the field. hopefully he can return to pre-injury post-steroids form

benefactor
09-04-2013, 05:53 AM
I don't like the Cushing deal too much. $56 Million is too much to pay a player who's coming off a shortened season. They also had to restructure Johnson's deal, which could come back to bite them if he continues to decline.
The big number is a bit deceptive. The 21 million guaranteed is the better one to look at. It's much less than Willis(29 million) got from SF and 4.5 million less than what SF gave Bowman. It's also less guaranteed cash than they gave to Ryans back in 2010. Seems like they gave him a little more money as a whole in order to talk him into taking less guaranteed, which is why I felt it was a pretty good deal for both sides.

It's a calculated risk with him coming off the injury, but one Houston has to take IMO. As spurraider21 mentioned, the defense is a completely different animal without him. The Texans have been building up to this point and are in win now mode...so taking a bit of a financial gamble on Cushing is one I'm comfortable with. This teams defense is the only shot they have at beating the odds and getting to Superbowl.

Chinook
09-04-2013, 08:45 AM
When you put it into context like that, it makes more sense. Thanks.

Since when is eight figures the going rate for good middle linebackers? It was just last summer that all the free-agent MLBs struggled to get even half that. Then there was the recent decline in teams taking them with high picks. I honestly thought the league was moving toward devaluing that position, since nickle and dime packages are becoming more standard. Is Cushing really good in coverage?

spurraider21
09-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Since when is eight figures the going rate for good middle linebackers?
it isn't, particularly in a 3-4 scheme. but the Texans have a short window so they had to do what it took to retain Cushings. while he and Watt will be cornerstones for a while, along with some other guys on that front 7, one has to wonder how much longer Andre can extend his prime, how long until Foster breaks down with his massive usage. they didn't sign Ed Reed to build towards the future

benefactor
09-06-2013, 04:33 PM
The Texans' cost for Cushing extension could be as low as 1 year, $12.2M (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/23509370/texans-cost-for-cushing-extension-could-be-as-low-as-1-year-122m)

The Texans built ample protection into their six-year extension with linebacker Brian Cushing, which while it has a max value of around $56 million, could end up being far less.

Cushing, who has been suspended for violating the NFL's policy on performance enhancing drugs in the past and who is coming off season-ending surgery, will make $10.149 million this season, including a $9 million signing bonus, and his $2 million salary for 2014 is guaranteed for skill, injury and cap purposes.

Beyond that, however, the Texans have the option to basically bring him along year by year, and they can get out of the deal without significant drawbacks for purposes of skill or cap. Cushing's $6 million option bonus in 2014 is not guaranteed and if the Texans do not exercise it, then a future year of his deal becomes guaranteed for $6 million -- but for injury only, so the team still has the ability to let him go for other reasons if need be.

Well done, Rick.

benefactor
09-10-2013, 07:04 AM
https://sphotos-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1185108_10151591745456314_1938365460_n.jpg

...and one game later he earns his money.

benefactor
09-10-2013, 02:38 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18zp27uj1hqs9gif/original.gif

:crygreat fucking play:cry

leemajors
09-11-2013, 11:59 AM
http://deadspin.com/texans-fan-drinks-own-piss-in-irrational-display-of-loy-1292333485

To all the Texans fans, however many of you there may be: When you say you've done everything for your team, think about this and consider that there MAY be something else you can do. Don't be a bitch. Man up.

:lol

benefactor
09-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Best response:

Easy pal, we've all had to choke down a Bud Light while watching a game.

Blizzardwizard
09-11-2013, 06:44 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18zp27uj1hqs9gif/original.gif

:crygreat fucking play:cry

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/182anlm9gby4pgif/k-medium.gif

:cry

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 11:07 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/182anlm9gby4pgif/k-medium.gif

:cry
:lol cry me a Rivers

benefactor
09-16-2013, 10:30 PM
https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/577326_10151603052916314_66012808_n.jpg

lmao...more like player that almost cost you the game.

Chief Brody
09-16-2013, 10:32 PM
https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/577326_10151603052916314_66012808_n.jpg

lmao...more like player that almost cost you the game.
How was it not Hopkins? Next 2 choices would be Cushing and Watt.

Chinook
09-22-2013, 10:44 AM
According to Schefter, the Browns are trying to trade for Ben Tate. They are also looking to deal Gordon and/or Green Little. Depending on the price, Tate would be a good pickup for the Browns, but they should not give up too much. Does anyone think Houston would have interest in Gordon?

benefactor
09-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Fuck.

Holden_Caulfield
09-22-2013, 04:23 PM
trade for rivers :lol

benefactor
10-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Fuck you Matt.

leemajors
10-02-2013, 10:00 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/191yqp9ushugijpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

benefactor
10-02-2013, 11:42 AM
:lol

Holden_Caulfield
10-02-2013, 01:12 PM
:lmao:rollin:lmao

J.T.
10-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Friend of mine is a big Colts fan too and it's his birthday Sunday so his girlfriend chipped in a little bit with me and I got some tickets to the game in Houston on Nov. 3. They're not the best seats, but from what I can deduce from the seating chart they're in the 5th row of the top shelf section and we're on the 45 yard line, visitor sideline. I'm excited to get to see Luck play, best part is dude has no idea we got these tickets and he's going to have that divided by zero look on his face when he opens the birthday card.

Never been to Reliant though. If any of you guys have been what can I expect going there as a fan of the only division rival that's ever mattered to the Texans? I'm pretty confident I can out shit-talk anyone in person so I don't really care if people start shit. We already have a parking pass, is the tailgating decent? If not, what's a good place near the stadium to pregame at that's close enough to not get a DWI on the way there?

Michael Jordan.
10-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Friend of mine is a big Colts fan too and it's his birthday Sunday so his girlfriend chipped in a little bit with me and I got some tickets to the game in Houston on Nov. 3. They're not the best seats, but from what I can deduce from the seating chart they're in the 5th row of the top shelf section and we're on the 45 yard line, visitor sideline. I'm excited to get to see Luck play, best part is dude has no idea we got these tickets and he's going to have that divided by zero look on his face when he opens the birthday card.

Never been to Reliant though. If any of you guys have been what can I expect going there as a fan of the only division rival that's ever mattered to the Texans? I'm pretty confident I can out shit-talk anyone in person so I don't really care if people start shit. We already have a parking pass, is the tailgating decent? If not, what's a good place near the stadium to pregame at that's close enough to not get a DWI on the way there?
Tailgaiting is the shit there. Damn good experience, umm in terms of experience as fan of division rival, just watch out for the Mexicans :lol There especially they will gang up and jump you. If you're looking for a place to eat at before the game, Pappadeaux is right across the street, Pappasitos is too but never been there. Joe's crab shack also right across the street.

J.T.
10-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Tailgaiting is the shit there. Damn good experience, umm in terms of experience as fan of division rival, just watch out for the Mexicans :lol There especially they will gang up and jump you. If you're looking for a place to eat at before the game, Pappadeaux is right across the street, Pappasitos is too but never been there. Joe's crab shack also right across the street.

Nice. Since the game is on Sunday Night Football, I figured if we make town real early we could tailgate some. I'm totally prepared for a lot of boos, fuck yous, Colts suck, all that stuff etc. :tu

benefactor
10-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Yeah...tailgating at Reliant kicks ass. Lot's of places to park right around the stadium too. Left my car in the parking lot of an Extended Stay that was right across the street. It was like ten bucks. I stuffed a few beers in my pockets and headed down to the tailgate area. MJ is right about Mexican Texan fan. They are annoying as shit. Just shake your head and keep walking.

Most of the fans are cool people in the stands. I went the the Cowboys/Texans(which is almost the same as the opposing fan scenario that you will be dealing with) game and didn't have any problem with anyone and no one around me started anything even though there was a whole row of Cowboys fans in front of us. Of course there is always that one guy...skinny with a little bit of muscle definition, skin tight Cowboys shirt, mirrored aviators...you get the picture. He was about six rows in front of my buddy and I, standing up and waving his hands and yelling all kinds of motherfucker this and punk bitch that at some Texans fan that was just smiling at him shaking his head. He acted a couple of times like he was going to walk past the five or six seat that separated him and the Texans fan but his friends kept grabbing him to stop him. If it was me on the other end of that I wouldn't be getting thrown out...wasting the good money I spent on tickets...I would have just gotten the usher and told him that he need to tell the guy to chill before he leaves the stadium in an ambulance.

J.T.
10-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Well, I've gone to a few Spurs games in Dallas, both after the 7-game 2006 playoff series that Dallas won, which is probably a real similar situation to this. I don't think anyone will try to start shit with me physically...I'm almost 6 and a half feet tall and the first question anyone always asks me is "Did you play football?" so yes, please try to start some shit with me Mr. skinny fucker in aviators :lmao

Can you openly bring alcohol to NFL tailgating? I'd assume no, even at some college games I've gone to they've had police stopping people going in with unopened cases and what not. I've smuggled before and I'll do it again but if you guys think the tailgaters would be receptive of fans from the visiting team I'd rather chill and talk to some folks than pregame at a bar/restaurant.

Michael Jordan.
10-05-2013, 05:37 PM
You may be able to, but I'd have to check on that. But yeah I think there should be plenty of people receptive to opposing fans. The only time recently I remember a brawl was between Cowboys and Texans fans, both Mexicans lol

J.T.
10-05-2013, 05:43 PM
You may be able to, but I'd have to check on that. But yeah I think there should be plenty of people receptive to opposing fans. The only time recently I remember a brawl was between Cowboys and Texans fans, both Mexicans lol

Just found the tailgating regulations for Reliant and there's nothing on there about alcohol. So I guess as long as the alcohol you bring isn't store in a container that violates their regulations, then you're okay.

gameFACE
10-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Whatcha got, Matt Schaub?

Pelicans78
10-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Kubiak's a bigger problem than Schaub. He's an atrocious play-caller.

Michael Jordan.
10-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Kubiak's a bigger problem than Schaub. He's an atrocious play-caller.

That is true. But he isn't the one throwing pick 6's

Pelicans78
10-06-2013, 07:31 PM
That is true. But he isn't the one throwing pick 6's

Yup. Schaub needs to stop those stupid mistake. He's been a starter since 2007. He should know better.

Pelicans78
10-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Wow LOL

TE
10-06-2013, 07:35 PM
:lol Schaub is a poor mans tony romo tbh

gameFACE
10-06-2013, 07:36 PM
That didn't take long - 1:30 in to the game. Look on the bright side Matt, you get the ball right back.

Michael Jordan.
10-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Nobody should ever have to take this as a fan. No one.

benefactor
10-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Well at least Schaub holds a record he deserves to have.

benefactor
10-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Ultra rare goods by Stephen A. and Skip.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9785722

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 04:27 PM
:lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtCxAtwqAj4

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 04:55 PM
How much time does Schaub have? LOL

Spur-Addict
10-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Owen Daniels out 3-6 weeks with a fibula fracture.

benefactor
10-08-2013, 12:18 PM
welp

Spur-Addict
10-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Schaub's world collapsing :lol

Spur-Addict
10-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Owen Daniels out 3-6 weeks with a fibula fracture.

Now at minimum 8 weeks. They put him on the IR Designated to return list.

benefactor
10-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Eh...it doesn't matter. With Schaub shitting the bed as hard as he has the season is basically over anyway.

Michael Jordan.
10-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Defense has given up on the team. Operation "Get Kubiak fired and Schaub shipped out" is in full effect.

Michael Jordan.
10-13-2013, 01:48 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

LakerHater
10-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Texan fans get what they ask for & still arnt happy!! :lol

Michael Jordan.
10-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Texan fans get what they ask for & still arnt happy!! :lol
We never wanted Yates. We wanted Keenum.

LakerHater
10-13-2013, 02:24 PM
We never wanted Yates. We wanted Keenum.

We?

irishock
10-13-2013, 02:26 PM
That's what you get for cheering an injury.

angrydude
10-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Aren't texans fans used to their team sucking? So they had one good year in what, a decade?

lol

This is more like reversion to the mean

benefactor
10-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Aren't texans fans used to their team sucking? So they had one good year in what, a decade?

lol

This is more like reversion to the mean
:tu this guy gets it.

Michael Jordan.
10-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Texan players ripping the fans :lol

benefactor
10-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Texan players ripping the fans :lol
:lol...haven't read anything yet, but fuck them if that's true. We've been dealing with this fucking bullshit since the Oilers days. Time to put up or get your ass on the buss.

Michael Jordan.
10-13-2013, 05:20 PM
:lol...haven't read anything yet, but fuck them if that's true. We've been dealing with this fucking bullshit since the Oilers days. Time to put up or get your ass on the buss.

:lmao CushROIDs wants to talk about barbaric.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/13/houston-texans-cheer-matt-schaub-injury/?sct=hp_t2_a10&eref=sihp

Michael Jordan.
10-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Keenum might start Sunday

Michael Jordan.
10-16-2013, 09:36 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/El9uNRLCJt7.Yyd6UmrmlQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/yahoo_casekeenumno2.jpg

Bill_Brasky
10-16-2013, 10:22 AM
my nig keenum is gonna save the day. shoulda been starter from day one.

spurraider21
10-16-2013, 10:22 AM
If Keenum starts and faceplants can we stop hyping him up as the next great gunslinger?

benefactor
10-16-2013, 11:55 AM
If Keenum starts and faceplants can we stop hyping him up as the next great gunslinger?
I don't know that anyone is calling him the next great gunslinger...they are just saying he's the best option on the team to start at QB.

Win/win situation for Houston...Keenum starts and revitalizes the offense and the team if he succeeds. If he fails, the Texans keep losing and get better positioning in the draft for a QB.

spurraider21
10-16-2013, 12:17 PM
I don't know that anyone is calling him the next great gunslinger...they are just saying he's the best option on the team to start at QB.

Win/win situation for Houston...Keenum starts and revitalizes the offense and the team if he succeeds. If he fails, the Texans keep losing and get better positioning in the draft for a QB.
Don't get me wrong. I agree. The upside with Yates is limited, we all know Schaub isn't the answer and at this point is holding the team back. It's the same argument I was making earlier in the year with the Bucs, when we were saying they should bench Freeman and go to Glennon. I just feel like some expectations for Keenum on this forum seem a bit high

Michael Jordan.
10-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Well, it's really kind of a win/win. If Keenum comes in, does great and is the savior or just wins, then that's a win. If he's not, then it just forces them to draft a QB.

Michael Jordan.
10-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Oh, and Schaub looks to be out for numerous weeks, if he's lucky.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-16-2013, 04:30 PM
GO COOGS!

I'm not expecting him to be the next Brady, but a change is needed and I don't see how he can do much worse than what they saw last week. For a franchise that has gotten tired of pick 6s I feel I must say that Keenum holds the distinction of throwing the stupidest pass I've ever witnessed. It was actually a pick 2, not a pick 6 as it was off of a botched conversion attempt. The end result of the play sent the Cougars from up 1 and attempting to go up 3, to suddenly being down 1 with a minute left. (For the record Keenum then led the game winning drive.)

It's the only face saving option that the Texans have left. They held on to the guy past camp for a reason. If they can't even experiment with such a change while their starter is on the shelf and the fanbase is howling for something new then they should all be canned.

Michael Jordan.
10-16-2013, 04:55 PM
AJ said Keenum is an "aura about him". No doubt if they go with Yates, Kubes will be gone.

Michael Jordan.
10-16-2013, 04:59 PM
:lol #BenchSchaub

X4LpCbVTp-g

Michael Jordan.
10-16-2013, 05:24 PM
benefactor Schaub has ligament damage in his foot.

benefactor
10-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Let the Keenum era begin.

TXstbobcat
10-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Let the Keenum era begin.

i really hope Kenum gets the start. I am driving down to KC for the game this weekend and I hope it is the 1st game of the Kenum era.

TXstbobcat
10-17-2013, 01:44 PM
610 am in Houston just reported that Case Kenum will start against KC. Let he Keenum era begin.

Michael Jordan.
10-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Either Keenum comes in and saves the day, or we draft a QB. I just hope Kubiak's predictable ass playcalling doesn't set Case up to fail.

Spur-Addict
11-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Foster out for the year, back surgery. Dennis Johnson a legit fantasy bench option? I'm deciding between him and Andre Brown. They're both just sitting there. Tate obviously has the Broken ribs and will probably miss time eventually, and Brown will be worked in this week. Brown will immediately be the best option for NY. I'm thinking Brown.

Michael Jordan.
11-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Foster out for the year, back surgery. Dennis Johnson a legit fantasy bench option? I'm deciding between him and Andre Brown. They're both just sitting there. Tate obviously has the Broken ribs and will probably miss time eventually, and Brown will be worked in this week. Brown will immediately be the best option for NY. I'm thinking Brown.

Brown

Spur-Addict
11-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Brown

Yeah, I went with Brown. I need some RB depth. I have Lacy, Moreno and Ray Rice. I picked up Vereen last week, and now Brown. I need that third back I can count on because Rice hasn't done shit to date.

Michael Jordan.
11-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Lol Ed Reed of all people calling out the coaching staff.

JamStone
11-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Going to be in Houston this weekend and going to the game. What are the pre and post game hot spots?