PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Dem Presidential Ticket?

DMX7
03-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Give me Clinton/Kerry 2016!

Bill would make an excellent First Lady.

spursncowboys
03-04-2013, 11:00 PM
On the dems, I like the mayor from Newark

spursncowboys
03-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Romney/Scarborough

Blake
03-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Clinton vs Condi?

ElNono
03-05-2013, 12:25 AM
On the dems, I like the mayor from Newark

ehhh... no you don't. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Dems don't really have any great candidates. I don't feel like seeing Hilary fabricate another bullshit sob story about how she had to flee gunfire in Yugoslavia when there's footage of her getting off the plane and shaking hands with a bunch of little kids, but she fits the model of bland moderate who the Democratic Party can use in their, "Our candidate sucks, but at last he/she isn't as bad as the other guy!" campaigning.

We're more than likely going to see a battle of epic proportions between two centerists who don't take any real stances on anything other than whatever will appeal to low information undecided "independents". Behind the scenes both candidates will be promising all kinds of corporate welfare in order to generate superpac support. I'm excited to see Marco Rubio get fully pimped out by the GOP.

Samuel Eto'o
03-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Dems don't really have any great candidates. I don't feel like seeing Hilary fabricate another bullshit sob story about how she had to flee gunfire in Yugoslavia when there's footage of her getting off the plane and shaking hands with a bunch of little kids, but she fits the model of bland moderate who the Democratic Party can use in their, "Our candidate sucks, but at last he/she isn't as bad as the other guy!" campaigning.

We're more than likely going to see a battle of epic proportions between two centerists who don't take any real stances on anything other than whatever will appeal to low information undecided "independents". Behind the scenes both candidates will be promising all kinds of corporate welfare in order to generate superpac support. I'm excited to see Marco Rubio get fully pimped out by the GOP.

http://i.imgur.com/cK6cRNN.jpg

ElNono
03-05-2013, 01:04 AM
I don't see anybody yet that stands out... I think the GOP probably has that shit on lock unless they manage to make some major blunders and pick an unelectable candidate (ie: Bachman).

GOP might already control Congress by then after the next midterm elections.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-05-2013, 01:20 AM
Imagine if R:lolid or P:lollosi tries to run, that'll be a total shitshow

:lmao @ Airwrecka

ElNono
03-05-2013, 01:26 AM
Imagine if R:lolid or P:lollosi tries to run, that'll be a total shitshow

Yeah, Reid/Pelosi for president would be basically giving up the election. Which might not be a bad idea if, say, Christie runs. We'll probably gonna hear fat jokes for a year, but I'm pretty sure he would win on a landslide.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-05-2013, 01:50 AM
The GOP (and very stupidly) has shunned Christie even though he's the most popular Republican in America right now. He'd have no chance in the primary as they'd just attack him for complementing Obama's aid during Sandy.

baseline bum
03-05-2013, 02:47 AM
The GOP (and very stupidly) has shunned Christie even though he's the most popular Republican in America right now. He'd have no chance in the primary as they'd just attack him for complementing Obama's aid during Sandy.

Doesn't matter if he made it through the primary. No one's casting a vote for Fat Bastard in November. It'll probably be Rubio or Jindal.

BUMP
03-05-2013, 02:48 AM
all i know is the Lord isn't vengeful but DA LORD SURE IS!!!!!!!!

Wild Cobra
03-05-2013, 02:59 AM
Give me Clinton/Kerry 2016!

Bill would make an excellent First Lady.
Clinton and Kerry.

Dumb and Dumber?

Wild Cobra
03-05-2013, 03:00 AM
Clinton vs Condi?
Condi's too smart to apply for the job.

DMX7
03-05-2013, 11:14 PM

Kerry is 100x smarter then Condi.

spursncowboys
03-05-2013, 11:39 PM
ehhh... no you don't. :lol

What's so funny?

baseline bum
03-05-2013, 11:53 PM

:lol No he isn't.

Nbadan
03-06-2013, 12:33 AM
GOP might already control Congress by then after the next midterm elections.

:lol

no signs of that happening, in fact, the Democrats might gain seat in the House...

DMX7
03-06-2013, 12:38 AM
:lol No he isn't.

1,000,000x smarter than Condi.

Nbadan
03-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Going to be Hillary/**

Really early to be projecting, but it could be Hillary, another Progressive darling in Elizabeth Warren and, of course, there is Joe Biden...

spursncowboys
03-07-2013, 11:19 PM
It doesn't matter because the Libertarian/Tea Party will take it

Nbadan
03-07-2013, 11:22 PM
It doesn't matter because the Libertarian/Tea Party will take it

the tea-party is dead...the remnants of the tea party will either evolve into the Republican party or destroy it...

spursncowboys
03-07-2013, 11:30 PM
:lmao Yeah ok. The dead Tea Party that shut congress down yesterday? Are they dead like liberals were dead after 92? or 04?

Nbadan
03-07-2013, 11:46 PM
:lmao Yeah ok. The dead Tea Party that shut congress down yesterday? Are they dead like liberals were dead after 92? or 04?

Any Senator can Filibuster...so what? Rand couldn't even make it make it longer than Thurmond.

spursncowboys
03-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Yeah he was really shooting for the Dem who tried to filibuster the civil rights act...
I don't think you would ever vote repub and if you did, I wouldn't be voting for repubs anymore so I can see how you don't see that this is the spark the Conservatives were looking for.

Wild Cobra
03-08-2013, 12:30 AM
The Tea Party is not a formalized party, therefor it cannot be killed.

Blake
03-08-2013, 11:53 PM

We'll see.

admiralsnackbar
03-09-2013, 09:22 AM
It seems to be a foregone conclusion that Clinton and O'Malley will run, but I expect Cuomo to try, and would be excited to see Warren make a showing (although she may need to spend more time in office proving herself/winning voters than she has time to by 2016). My guess is a Clinton/Cuomo, Clinton/Warner, or Clinton/Patrick (Deval Patrick, that is) ticket.

DMX7
03-09-2013, 12:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cK6cRNN.jpg

:lol

AFBlue
03-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Only one mention of the current veep? That's a pretty sad statement for our current situation tbh.

ElNono
03-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Only one mention of the current veep? That's a pretty sad statement for our current situation tbh.

Outside of Al Gore, how many VPs run for President after two terms? They're mostly part of the lame-duck presidency at that point.

AFBlue
03-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Outside of Al Gore, how many VPs run for President after two terms? They're mostly part of the lame-duck presidency at that point.

Bush 41 was a two-term veep IIRC

ElNono
03-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Bush 41 was a two-term veep IIRC

Yeah, I can't think if many more. It's normally the continuing of fairly popular administrations. I don't think neither of the last two administrations fit that bill.

AFBlue
03-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I can't think if many more. It's normally the continuing of fairly popular administrations. I don't think neither of the last two administrations fit that bill.

Fair point. The difference with the last administration is that Joe actually desires the position. Losing when you have the experience of being #2 would be a pretty strong indictment of the person (and the administration?) imo tbqh.

ElNono
03-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Fair point. The difference with the last administration is that Joe actually desires the position. Losing when you have the experience of being #2 would be a pretty strong indictment of the person (and the administration?) imo tbqh.

quote? Haven't heard him talk about that, tbh... might easily be wrong.

AFBlue
03-10-2013, 02:08 PM
quote? Haven't heard him talk about that, tbh... might easily be wrong.

Nothing direct, although I thought him spearheading the not-so-grand bargain to avoid the fiscal cliff was a transparent "feather-in-the-cap" move for 2016.

Take it for what it's worth, but I did a quick Google search and found this Politico article that says he's intoxicated (their word) with the idea of a 2016 bid.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/no-joke-joe-biden-makes-2016-moves-86600.html

Again, there's no direct quote so I guess only time will tell if he decides to run.

ElNono
03-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Nothing direct, although I thought him spearheading the not-so-grand bargain to avoid the fiscal cliff was a transparent "feather-in-the-cap" move for 2016.

Take it for what it's worth, but I did a quick Google search and found this Politico article that says he's intoxicated (their word) with the idea of a 2016 bid.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/no-joke-joe-biden-makes-2016-moves-86600.html

Again, there's no direct quote so I guess only time will tell if he decides to run.

thanks

ChumpDumper
03-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Do you think Ike was a shitty president because Nixon was his VP for eight years?

If Clinton runs, that's basically it. Benghazi didn't stick the way Republicans wanted. It's early but I can't see them fielding an opponent who could beat her. Condi Rice would be the knee-jerk affirmative action response, but she would have her own history to deal with .

Nbadan
03-13-2013, 12:02 AM
Do you think Ike was a shitty president because Nixon was his VP for eight years?

If Clinton runs, that's basically it. Benghazi didn't stick the way Republicans wanted. It's early but I can't see them fielding an opponent who could beat her. Condi Rice would be the knee-jerk affirmative action response, but she would have her own history to deal with .

Condi? :lol Seriously?

The GOP's only chance in Chris Christie and he would have a difficult time beating Clinton in the general, of course, that won't happen because of Rand and other former tea baggers growing influence in the GOP

spursncowboys
03-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Condi? :lol Seriously?

The GOP's only chance in Chris Christie and he would have a difficult time beating Clinton in the general, of course, that won't happen because of Rand and other former tea baggers growing influence in the GOP
Please no more libs giving advice on who's the best candidate... And Condi would be a qreat president!

Nbadan
03-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Please no more libs giving advice on who's the best candidate... And Condi would be a qreat president!

'Libs' have a pretty good prediction record....I myself was saying it would be Romney for at least 2 years....conservatives on the other hand, thought it was Clinton in 2008, I told ya it was not..

Wild Cobra
03-13-2013, 02:30 AM
Yes she would, and not for affirmative/quota type reasons. Other blacks would call her a sellout.

Thing is, I think she's too smart to apply for the job.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Yes she would, and not for affirmative/quota type reasons. Other blacks would call her a sellout.

Thing is, I think she's too smart to apply for the job.Eh, she was on of the main reasons the Bush administration whiffed so badly RE: Al Qaeda. Kind of unforgivable in my book.

Koolaid_Man
03-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Eh, she was on of the main reasons the Bush administration whiffed so badly RE: Al Qaeda. Kind of unforgivable in my book.

This is it and this is all:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/1st.jpg

Wild Cobra
03-14-2013, 02:28 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YwERUL-RzBg/TaxHTCqlcAI/AAAAAAAACb4/bEBYVWuyjQw/s1600/dumb+3.jpg

Wild Cobra
03-14-2013, 02:30 PM
http://m1.i.pbase.com/o6/93/329493/1/116328881.fG6ISVZk.NorthKoreaAug09108.jpg

OK, I have to ask. Why the Chinese setting in your signature?

101A
03-14-2013, 02:58 PM

That's a difficult position to defend, IMO; hell, it was reported during the '04 election that GW had higher aptitude scores on military entrance exams than Kerry. Rice is - just look at where the two started from, and where they ended up; throw in the obstacles a black woman would have had to overcome.....really not close, at all.

Hillary and Condi probably pretty close, however.

baseline bum
03-14-2013, 04:05 PM
OK, I have to ask. Why the Chinese setting in your signature?

My nigga Kim.

Wild Cobra
03-14-2013, 04:11 PM
My nigga Kim.
North Korea Kim?

Chinese language banners... The artist didn't know shit.

Do you admire the madman?

ChumpDumper
03-14-2013, 05:04 PM
I figure the Chinese made a poster or two with Kim on it in their nation's history.

spursncowboys
03-14-2013, 06:04 PM
That's a difficult position to defend, IMO; hell, it was reported during the '04 election that GW had higher aptitude scores on military entrance exams than Kerry. Rice is - just look at where the two started from, and where they ended up; throw in the obstacles a black woman would have had to overcome.....really not close, at all.

Hillary and Condi probably pretty close, however.
She dated Bill.
She moved with him to Little Rock,
That's got to lose her some points

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2013, 07:06 AM
She dated Bill.
She moved with him to Little Rock,
That's got to lose her some points

Lets face it, she wasn't exactly the hottest thing on campus.

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/27/2758/4I6TD00Z/posters/lee-balterman-class-leader-hillary-rodham-of-wellesley-college-talking-about-student-protests.jpg

Th'Pusher
03-15-2013, 08:50 AM
^ are the two of you unaware they were talking about Condi Rice, not Hillary?

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Are you unaware that the OP said "Hillary and Condi probably pretty close, however."

Again, Pusher with the reading comprehension issues.

boutons_deux
03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
"She would be a great president," Begala said of Clinton, going on to claim that the fact that Republicans are already attacking her is a sign they are "afraid."

"I hope she does [run] -- I have no idea if she will," Begala continued, going on to list a number of things that he believes Clinton wants to do outside of electoral politics.

"I think she's actually gonna first live a life, write her book, reacquaint herself with the real world..." he started.

"Get a facelift!" someone in the crowd interjected, seemingly channeling a topic of discussion on Fox News last month.

Begala was quick with a comeback.

"No, not get a facelift," Begala said. "She's not a Republican society lady, she's a real woman."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/14/paul-begala-hillary-clinton_n_2878158.html?utm_hp_ref=daily-brief?utm_source=DailyBrief&utm_campaign=031513&utm_medium=email&utm_content=NewsEntry&utm_term=Daily%20Brief

Other CPAC misogynist, sexist, racist, criminalization of the 47%, gun fellating craziness undoubtedly will follow, as it does every year.

boutons_deux
03-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Other CPAC misogynist, sexist, racist, criminalization of the 47%, gun fellating craziness undoubtedly will follow, as it does every year.

CPAC Participant Defends Slavery At Minority Outreach Panel: It Gave ‘Food And Shelter’ To Blacks

if he’d accept a society where African-Americans were permanently subservient to whites, he said “I’d be fine with that.” He also claimed that African-Americans “should be allowed to vote in Africa,” and that “all the Tea Parties” were concerned with the same racial problems that he was.

At one point, a woman challenged him on the Republican Party’s roots, to which Terry responded, “I didn’t know the legacy of the Republican Party included women correcting men in public.”

He claimed to be a direct descendent of Confederate President Jefferson Davis.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/03/15/1729331/cpac-slavery-minority-outreach/

CPAC! The Repug Confederate base shows its baseness :lol

Th'Pusher
03-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Are you unaware that the OP said "Hillary and Condi probably pretty close, however."

Again, Pusher with the reading comprehension issues.
Read the post the military grunt quoted. 101 was clearly talking about Condi v Kerry but military grunt shit his pants and thought they were talking about Clinton.