PDA

View Full Version : NBA: How would you rank the players after the top 2?..

HarlemHeat37
03-05-2013, 11:55 PM
The NBA is at it's weakest point since the 90s, in regards to top-level individual talent IMO..

Lebron and Durant are a level or 2 ahead of the rest, tbh..

How would you rank the rest of the top 5/10 players?..

Harden, Paul, Griffin, Kobe, Howard, Wade, Carmelo, Westbrook, Parker and whoever else..how would you rank these guys?..

Mugen
03-05-2013, 11:59 PM
1. Harden
2. Kobe/Wade
3. Parker
4. CP3
5. Carmelo
6. Westbrook
7. Howard
8. Griffin

irishock
03-06-2013, 12:00 AM
LeBron
Paul
Durant
Howard (healthy)
Bryant
Anthony
Nowitzki
Wade
Parker
Griffin
Harden
Westbrook

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2013, 12:05 AM
There is no argument for Paul being better than Durant, tbh..

DAF86
03-06-2013, 12:42 AM
1-Lebron
2-Durant
3-Paul
4-Harden
5-Wade
6-Kobe
7-Parker
8-Howard
9-Westbrook
10-Griffin

4 to 10 switch in my head from game to game. A healthy Kevin Love would probably be here somewhere.

Mugen
03-06-2013, 12:44 AM
:lmao Paul better than KD

LnGrrrR
03-06-2013, 01:39 AM
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan

hater
03-06-2013, 01:41 AM
Howard? why don't u just include Kardasians exhusband why don't u

Lebron
KD
CP3
Kobe/Parker/WestBrook all interchangeable
Harden
Wade

KaiRMD1
03-06-2013, 01:44 AM
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan

"Because I spit hot fire"

ElNono
03-06-2013, 01:53 AM
1-Lebron
2-Durant
3-Paul
4-Harden
5-Wade
6-Griffin
7-Westbrook
8-Kobe

tbh, this Howard is not top 10, IMO... I mean, I could pad the list and place him there, but I would hate to put him there by default.

Parker is another player that's been "in the conversation", but so far he's just been a regular season mirage, tbh. He still gets a mental block when you throw a bigger, mobile player at him, and until he overcomes that, I can't place him on this list either.

Harden/Wade are interchangeable, tbh... depending on the night...

racm
03-06-2013, 01:57 AM
James
Durant

Paul
Parker
Westbrook
Wade
Harden
Bryant

Duncan
Griffin

Robz4000
03-06-2013, 02:12 AM
1. Lebron
2. KD
3. CP3
4. Carmelo (early season)
5. Harden
6. Wade/healthy Rose
8. TP
9. Chimpbrook
10. TD*

*TD is still a top 10 player in the NBA provided his resurgence in the beginning of the season wasn't a fluke, otherwise prolly Irving or Kobe

Calispursfan11
03-06-2013, 02:19 AM
When healthy TP is #1. So then come Durant, Kobe, Lebron and CP3 in that order to round out the top 5. I'm just agreeing with MJ who said he'd pick Kobe over Lebron and when you look at the crappy supporting cast Durant has now, there is no doubt that he is more valuable to the Thunder than Lebron is to Miami. So you really can't put Lebron in the top 3. Lest we forget that Wade won a championship with an over the hill Shaq and a bunch of scrubs by himself, without Lebron. Lebron is really fantastic but still highly overrated by just about everyone.

ElNono
03-06-2013, 02:29 AM
^ stop posting smh

Calispursfan11
03-06-2013, 02:51 AM
^ stop posting smh

LOL Nono. I pressume you are offended that Lebron does not fall in my top two and that I picked TP #1 (as you value your non-homerness so much that you have become a homer of other teams and players). Did god come down and bestow upon Lebron the title of number one player in the league hands down? Not yet, at least not this year. If he wins a championship, then he deserves serious consideration, but until then " best player" in the league is still up for debate.

midnightpulp
03-06-2013, 02:59 AM
When healthy TP is #1. So then come Durant, Kobe, Lebron and CP3 in that order to round out the top 5. I'm just agreeing with MJ who said he'd pick Kobe over Lebron and when you look at the crappy supporting cast Durant has now, there is no doubt that he is more valuable to the Thunder than Lebron is to Miami. So you really can't put Lebron in the top 3. Lest we forget that Wade won a championship with an over the hill Shaq and a bunch of scrubs by himself, without Lebron. Lebron is really fantastic but still highly overrated by just about everyone.

Nice satirical take, bro :tu

Which dumbshit homer from upstairs are you sending up?

Phillip
03-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Lebron

Durant
Kobe
CP3
Carmello
Wade
Rose
Harden
Duncan
Westbrook

Clipper Nation
03-06-2013, 12:25 PM
:lmao Paul better than KD

Coming from the guy who ranked Harden, Kirby, Wade, AND Parker over CP3? :lol

Nathan89
03-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Griffen has no business in the top 10. Any list with him in the top 10 is crap.

whitemamba
03-06-2013, 12:40 PM
kobe
rest

sook
03-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Lebron

KD
Paul
Wade
Melo
Harden
Kobe
Duncan
Chimpbrick
TP

jeebus
03-06-2013, 01:26 PM
kobe

rest

fify

D-Wade
03-06-2013, 01:46 PM
1. Bron

2. KD

3. CP3

4. Parker
5. Kobe 6. Wade

7. Melo 8. Westbrook 9. Harden

10. Howard

JamStone
03-06-2013, 02:02 PM
CP3
Parker/Kobe
Melo
Harden
Wade
Kyrie
Griffin

whitemamba
03-06-2013, 02:09 PM
fify

jeebus with the goods

jestersmash
03-06-2013, 02:36 PM
My list is pretty standard, but I'll make special note of Duncan deserving recognition for a rank around that 10 spot simply because he'll give you 16/11 and 5 blocks/2 steals/3 assists, or something

His defense was phenomenal to start the season, as was his offense. His offense has been horrendous for quite a while now, and his defense was subpar for a couple of games after he came back from the injury, but he's looked a lot better in that regard in the last couple of games.

If Duncan ever finds his first half of the season offense again, he might have a legitimate argument to be ranked around the 10 spot. Duncan's overall PER is still surprisingly good (rank 7).

Mugen
03-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Coming from the guy who ranked Harden, Kirby, Wade, AND Parker over CP3? :lol

I'd take a dominant SG over a dominant PG any day of the week.

TP & CP3 are an obvious tossup. CP3 is more talented but has a history of deferring in huge playoff games ( :lol Pargo). TP's owned him in head 2 head matchups so I'll go with the homer pick.

Even you wouldn't pick CP3 over Durant tho, bruh.

TDfan2007
03-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Based off of this season alone:

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Harden
4. Parker
5. Paul
6. Kobe
7. Carmelo
8. Wade
9. Duncan
10. Westbrook

Prior to his injury Timmy was a top 5 player this year. Since then he's struggled, but I'm keeping him in the top 10 with the expectation that he'll level off closer to his near-prime play than his inconsistent play now.

Griffin is too one-dimensional to merit this list. He's improving though, so maybe next season...

Grit and Grind
03-06-2013, 06:28 PM
LeBron
Durant
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard'
Kobe Bryant
Carmelo Anthony
Tony Parker
James Harden
Dwayne Wade
Stephen Curry
Westbrixk
Griffin
Irving

TD 21
03-06-2013, 07:54 PM
The NBA is at it's weakest point since the 90s, in regards to top-level individual talent IMO..

Lebron and Durant are a level or 2 ahead of the rest, tbh..

How would you rank the rest of the top 5/10 players?..

Harden, Paul, Griffin, Kobe, Howard, Wade, Carmelo, Westbrook, Parker and whoever else..how would you rank these guys?..

Since you left out Rose and Love, I presume you're talking this season. That being the case, I'm not sure why you'd list Howard, who hasn't even been close to a top ten level this season, yet not list Duncan, who's been at a top ten level for over a calendar year.

This season, factoring in how things are trending/projections, I'd go: Paul, Parker, Harden, Wade, Duncan, Anthony, Bryant, Westbrook, Griffin, Irving.

Brazil
03-06-2013, 08:06 PM
1-Lebron
2-Durant
3-Paul
4-Harden
5-Wade
6-Griffin
7-Westbrook
8-Kobe

tbh, this Howard is not top 10, IMO... I mean, I could pad the list and place him there, but I would hate to put him there by default.

Parker is another player that's been "in the conversation", but so far he's just been a regular season mirage, tbh. He still gets a mental block when you throw a bigger, mobile player at him, and until he overcomes that, I can't place him on this list either.

Harden/Wade are interchangeable, tbh... depending on the night...

we know that you don't like Parker but your list is more than shitty tbh. Based on what arguments do you consider that harden griffin Westbrook are not regular season mirage? Also as of today griffin is nowhere near to be 6, I'd consider Duncan before considering him.

ElNono
03-06-2013, 08:37 PM
we know that you don't like Parker but your list is more than shitty tbh. Based on what arguments do you consider that harden griffin Westbrook are not regular season mirage? Also as of today griffin is nowhere near to be 6, I'd consider Duncan before considering him.

In that you can't easily stop them... anybody on the list has to at least have that... neither TP or the current Dwight fit that criteria... Disagree about Griffin, tbh... he's severely underrated. People fall for the monkeyballing aspect, but the dude has put in some work and has started to put together some back to the basket stuff. The only reason I didn't include TD is that he wears out too quickly at this age, and it's going to be extremely difficult for him to be consistently unstoppable.

Clipper Nation
03-06-2013, 08:43 PM
I'd take a dominant SG over a dominant PG any day of the week.
But the question was about ranking players, not positions.... CP3 is a clear top three player in the league, and Harden especially has a LOT of proving left to do before he can be considered top 3 in the league....

Even you wouldn't pick CP3 over Durant tho, bruh.
No, mainly because of the ridiculous ref advantage that comes with Durant.... if CP3 got that treatment, he'd be damn near unstoppable though....

Brazil
03-06-2013, 10:07 PM
In that you can't easily stop them... anybody on the list has to at least have that... neither TP or the current Dwight fit that criteria... Disagree about Griffin, tbh... he's severely underrated. People fall for the monkeyballing aspect, but the dude has put in some work and has started to put together some back to the basket stuff. The only reason I didn't include TD is that he wears out too quickly at this age, and it's going to be extremely difficult for him to be consistently unstoppable.

If overrated Parker is capable to easily stop Westbrook I guess he is no good candidate in your list, harden stopped himself by choking and griffin even if underrated cannot hit a damn FT (do you know easier to stop somebody than to throw him to the line ?) and :lol at your easily stop him about Parker. Except for superstars (2006 wade, lebron, 2011 dirk....) you can plan all your D to stop somebody efficiently but in the case of Parker it is all but easy. No matter how you slice it a dude who lead his team to a wcf is not easy to stop.

. Your list is shit tbh even Carmelo should be above half of the names you mentioned.