PDA

View Full Version : Like Father, Like Son

jon123spurs
03-06-2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/march/el-contusion-jr-breaks-arm-manu-shows-solidarity.html
Poor little guy has his daddy's genes. Must have bones made of glass like ginobili.

Prime Time
03-06-2013, 11:12 AM
This will make young Dante learn to shoot with his left hand...... :stirpot:

TheGoldStandard
03-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Hey, if Dante can get a gold Medal and an NBA Championship after a few broken bones then we're set in about 20 years.

cheguevara
03-06-2013, 04:32 PM
how the hell does a 2 year old break his arm?

Man In Black
03-06-2013, 04:42 PM
how the hell does a 2 year old break his arm?
Kids fall a lot. It's fairly common in the emergency room.

I would think that it's plausible that he fell off a stair and led with his elbow.

If that ain't the reason...then I blame GRANT HILL black magic.

cheguevara
03-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Kids fall a lot. It's fairly common in the emergency room.

I would think that it's plausible that he fell off a stair and led with his elbow.

If that ain't the reason...then I blame GRANT HILL black magic.

why would you leave a 2 year old near a stairway? I thought toddlers should have supervision 100% of the time?

spursfaninla
03-06-2013, 05:11 PM
why would you leave a 2 year old near a stairway? I thought toddlers should have supervision 100% of the time?

Agreed, generally speaking, but maybe the kid is pretty good on the stairs, so the parents let him walk on his own (like mine was). Heck, even today, my 4 year old scares me sometimes walking on the stairs, because he looks like he is going to lose his balance. Typically when he is goofing around. Anyway, you can't protect kids 100% without keeping the kid in a rubber room until he is 18. That is probably not good for him, so better to suffer the odd broken bone.

cheguevara
03-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Agreed, generally speaking, but maybe the kid is pretty good on the stairs, so the parents let him walk on his own (like mine was). Heck, even today, my 4 year old scares me sometimes walking on the stairs, because he looks like he is going to lose his balance. Typically when he is goofing around. Anyway, you can't protect kids 100% without keeping the kid in a rubber room until he is 18. That is probably not good for him, so better to suffer the odd broken bone.

sure. But I imagine a tiny angel as a 2 year old should be under adult watch 100% of the time. I am not implying the Ginobili's are bad parents, just curious because someday I might have a little one too and would like to know how these things happen.

TMTTRIO
03-06-2013, 05:16 PM
So this is why Manu said he hopes his sons don't become basketball players when they grow up.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2013, 05:44 PM
sure. But I imagine a tiny angel as a 2 year old should be under adult watch 100% of the time. I am not implying the Ginobili's are bad parents, just curious because someday I might have a little one too and would like to know how these things happen.
Being under watch doesn't really prevent anything. A neighbor's 2 year old tripped on the sidewalk and faceplanted yesterday while we were all standing within a few feet of him. Nobody could have prevented it. The kind of break Manu's son suffered is usually from putting your forearm down to break a fall. A kid could do that running down the hall and slipping on a hard wood floor.

jhfenton
03-06-2013, 05:48 PM
When our oldest was 2, he tripped and fell at a Dick's Sporting Goods face first into the bottom of a display and sliced his nose. It required stitches from a plastic surgeon to make sure it healed well. (It did.) He could just as easily have caught his arm in a display, fallen, and broken it.

To be honest, he scares me more at 10 than he did at 2. He climbs trees and does other age-appropriate outdoor activities that I recall doing at that age, and it's terrifying as a parent. It's almost inevitable that he gets hurt eventually.

From my parents' nightmares:

When I was a toddler, I climbed up on my baby sister's walker to reach a counter, fell, and broke my collarbone.

When I was 5, I grabbed a pole, climbed up a slide, slid down, and gashed the side of my check when the pole connected with the ground and my cheek. (It healed well, too.)

It's amazing that most of us survive childhood largely unscathed.

KaiRMD1
03-06-2013, 05:55 PM
:pop:: "He's Manu Ginobili...........'s son"

cheguevara
03-06-2013, 06:05 PM
The kind of break Manu's son suffered is usually from putting your forearm down to break a fall.

:wow

did not know that. I thought toddlers bones were elastic and can bend in any which way. I seen tons of toddler fall on their heads, hands, etc and everything is fine.

well he is Manu Ginobili's son after all

Obstructed_View
03-07-2013, 01:22 AM
:wow

did not know that. I thought toddlers bones were elastic and can bend in any which way. I seen tons of toddler fall on their heads, hands, etc and everything is fine.

well he is Manu Ginobili's son after all

Babies have flexible bones. They are fully hardened around age three, but because children are small, they usually can't generate the force necessary to break a bone. It takes a collision or a bad fall, like from a tree or down stairs.

Sean Cagney
03-07-2013, 01:25 AM
Glass Ginobili????????????

Whisky Dog
03-07-2013, 01:53 AM
Kid's gonna have to learn how to fall properly sooner or later. Might as well start now

racm
03-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Eh, he's going to miss games in his career :smokin

jon123spurs
03-07-2013, 02:13 AM
Turns out little manu fell off the couch backwards and landed on his arm. You just never know when these things are gonna happen.

PÒÓCH
03-07-2013, 05:00 AM
My friend was the one who performed the X-rays at Methodist Hospital. She said she was starstruck and had difficulty performing her job, ultimately she came thru and got the x-rays needed.

ambchang
03-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Kids fall, kids break bones. All part of growing up.

It's rare to find a kid (boys especially) who have never broken a bone or dislocated a joint.

maverick1948
03-07-2013, 11:35 AM
If you could see my index fingers you would think I was weird. Both are bent and twisted from football. Not just normal bend but major bend. Both were dislocated more than once. Hurt like hell then but no problem other than looks now. I was lucky. I only broke one bone growing up. But one kid broke something almost every year. Arm, leg, collarbone, ribs etc. Kids getting broken bones happen.

DesertSpur50
03-07-2013, 11:44 AM
My friend was the one who performed the X-rays at Methodist Hospital. She said she was starstruck and had difficulty performing her job, ultimately she came thru and got the x-rays needed.

Man, I was just at the Metropolitan on Tuesday. Must have just missed him.

rascal
03-07-2013, 12:07 PM
When our oldest was 2, he tripped and fell at a Dick's Sporting Goods face first into the bottom of a display and sliced his nose. It required stitches from a plastic surgeon to make sure it healed well. (It did.) He could just as easily have caught his arm in a display, fallen, and broken it.

To be honest, he scares me more at 10 than he did at 2. He climbs trees and does other age-appropriate outdoor activities that I recall doing at that age, and it's terrifying as a parent. It's almost inevitable that he gets hurt eventually.

From my parents' nightmares:

When I was a toddler, I climbed up on my baby sister's walker to reach a counter, fell, and broke my collarbone.

When I was 5, I grabbed a pole, climbed up a slide, slid down, and gashed the side of my check when the pole connected with the ground and my cheek. (It healed well, too.)

It's amazing that most of us survive childhood largely unscathed.

What active kid doesn't get stitches from time to time?

rascal
03-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Kids fall, kids break bones. All part of growing up.

It's rare to find a kid (boys especially) who have never broken a bone or dislocated a joint.

I never broke a bone but I have a few stitch accidents.

PÒÓCH
03-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Man, I was just at the Metropolitan on Tuesday. Must have just missed him.

I doubt you'd seen him, he was taken straight to x-rays without any waiting, it pays to be a celebrity.

Aztecfan03
03-07-2013, 11:09 PM
I never broke a bone but I have a few stitch accidents.

Same here. All to my head. Last time was when i was 7.

cheguevara
03-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Still out of all d 2 year old that break an arm. Im willing to bet 75% is due to neglectful parents

chapnis
03-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Still out of all d 2 year old that break an arm. Im willing to bet 75% is due to neglectful parents

Sure, but that doesn't mean there is a 75% chance that the Ginobilis are neglectful parents.

Kidd K
03-08-2013, 12:37 AM
That must be really stressful. Surprised it didn't effect his play on the court much.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2013, 02:30 AM

Spoken like someone who's never had children.

rascal
03-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Same here. All to my head. Last time was when i was 7.

I have a couple of those stich accidents to the head falling against the corner of the house. Smashed my finger with a rock to the bone while I was killing ants age 5. Didn't like ants at age 5 since on a trip to Texas got bit up by fire ants.

I remember my brother got hit by a rock, blood running down his coat from the head wound, stitches there. Another kid had the great idea of putting rocks in a bag and swinging the bag round and round, the bag broke and the rocks came flying out.

I'm surprised I didn't get hurt more often with all the stupid things I did. I remember standing on a plank and two other kids jumping on the other end sending me up into the air. Flying off swings at their high point havinh a contest of broad jumping, who can go the furthest, or never getting hit in the eye with an acorn (although we were always told that would happen by our parents) during the acron fights.

Most kids if they are active will get hurt from one stupid thing or another.