PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Biggest Draft Bust of the Season (so far)

jag
03-06-2013, 03:29 PM
I'ma go Austin Rivers. Dude's game is clownish.

His FG% is 37%. He can't shoot from deep - 33%. He shoots free throws at 55%. (I'm rounding up on all these numbers to help that nigga out)

I'm still not sure what exactly he's supposed to be good at. He was supposed to have elite quickness (first step) but I don't see it. He's too slight to maneuver in the paint, and when he gets sent to the line he's only slightly more successful than Dwight Howard.

apalisoc_9
03-06-2013, 04:08 PM
I'ma go Austin Rivers. Dude's game is clownish.

His FG% is 37%. He can't shoot from deep - 33%. He shoots free throws at 55%. (I'm rounding up on all these numbers to help that nigga out)

I'm still not sure what exactly he's supposed to be good at. He was supposed to have elite quickness (first step) but I don't see it. He's too slight to maneuver in the paint, and when he gets sent to the line he's only slightly more successful than Dwight Howard.

heck that clown williams disagrees with you. He probably even thinks Rivers was a better pick than davis..just look at how he treats those two.

Clipper Nation
03-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Austin Rivers has "biggest bust of all time" potential, tbh.... he's a cocky faggot who thought he was too good for college, despite his game being nowhere near NBA-ready after his freshman year, and he only got drafted so high because he went to Dook and his daddeh coaches in the NBA....

jeebus
03-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Only reason Rivers was drafted was because of his last name. Only difference between him and his pops is that he doesn't have 4 superstars to make him out as something he isn't.

OKC
03-06-2013, 04:54 PM
I know he wasn't exactly a high pick, but Perry Jones is just awful. They had us thinking he could amount to something in summer league.

Raven
03-06-2013, 05:05 PM
I know he wasn't exactly a high pick, but Perry Jones is just awful. They had us thinking he could amount to something in summer league.

lol, what do you expect him to do while playing behind durant?

OKC
03-06-2013, 05:10 PM
lol, what do you expect him to do while playing behind durant?

Well I didn't expect him to put up alarming stats or even get a whole lot of playing time, but anytime he is out on the floor he just looks lost, scared, and timid. The guy can jump out of the gym, but I'm not seeing anything else from him at all.

JamStone
03-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Take a look at Terrence Ross' numbers and they're not much better than Rivers' if at all. And he was taken a couple picks higher.

Splits
03-06-2013, 05:21 PM
The #5 pick, drafted ahead of Lillard, has already been traded for fuggin scraps! By far the biggest bust so far

Raven
03-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Well I didn't expect him to put up alarming stats or even get a whole lot of playing time, but anytime he is out on the floor he just looks lost, scared, and timid. The guy can jump out of the gym, but I'm not seeing anything else from him at all.

that's pretty much what you get from any young player who's not a useless chucker... lamb has been even worse and was a higher draft pick... both know that no matter how well they perform, they are not getting playing time this year..

apalisoc_9
03-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Take a look at Terrence Ross' numbers and they're not much better than Rivers' if at all. And he was taken a couple picks higher.

I've been watching the raptors play since the beginneing of the season, and i'll tell you Ross is a legit offensive player. He can drive to the basket, and a great shooter too..I'm not exactly sure why he's struggling from the free throw line when he can shoot lights out from the three and dribble-stop-shot midrange.

he's % are terrible now, but that has a lot to do with Rudy gay. Ever since Rudy gay was traded he's been limited to DNP and most of the time 8 minutes where he will chuck, chuck, chuck out of frustration for losing a lot of playing time.

baseline bum
03-06-2013, 05:31 PM
I like Rivers to eventually develop into a quality sixth man, but he's way too small for the league right now. He's too short to ever become a quality starting SG (since he doesn't have Iverson speed) and he will NEVER play point worth a shit (WTF was NO thinking drafting him to fill that position?), but he's a pretty solid ballhandler with some creativity in the lane, and I think he'll end up another Monta Ellis (Ellis had stats almost as bad his rookie season too).

baseline bum
03-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Rivers kind of reminds me of shrimp-ass Rashard Lewis when he first came into the league. Still remember seeing him fresh out of HS with no training camp weighing about 180 and trying to guard Karl Malone the first game or two after the lockout ended. :lol

AussieFanKurt
03-06-2013, 05:38 PM
L:lolllard tbh

AaronY
03-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Rivers problem is he's a b athlete at best. I just don't see NBA athleticism there at all

Findog
03-06-2013, 05:43 PM
The #5 pick, drafted ahead of Lillard, has already been traded for fuggin scraps! By far the biggest bust so far

That's a pathetic cost-cutting move by the Maloofs and not any kind of reflection on his long-term potential.

Monkeyboy14
03-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Austin Rivers has "biggest bust of all time" potential
Darko milicic and Kwame Brown say hi :lol

Raven
03-06-2013, 05:55 PM

Miličič won a title tbh :lol

Kai
03-06-2013, 05:57 PM

Sac is a talent wasteland. Look at Hickson once he left, and look at Patterson now that he's there. T-Rob deserves more time on the court before he is judged IMO.

Splits
03-06-2013, 06:08 PM
That's a pathetic cost-cutting move by the Maloofs and not any kind of reflection on his long-term potential.

Sac is a talent wasteland. Look at Hickson once he left, and look at Patterson now that he's there. T-Rob deserves more time on the court before he is judged IMO.

Ummmmm, reading comprehension error? The title of the thread explicitly says "so far".

Joyrider
03-06-2013, 06:10 PM
How does a SG shoot that bad from the line? Is the sample size really small or is he just that bad?

Findog
03-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Ummmmm, reading comprehension error? The title of the thread explicitly says "so far".

How can you call a guy a bust that hasn't had a chance to play or do anything outside of garbage minutes? Rivers qualifies because he's been given a substantial role and is sucking ass. And every coach, scout and front office executive didn't see the trade to Houston as any kind of referendum on Robinson.

Splits
03-06-2013, 06:17 PM
How can you call a guy a bust that hasn't had a chance to play or do anything outside of garbage minutes? Rivers qualifies because he's been given a substantial role and is sucking ass. And every coach, scout and front office executive didn't see the trade to Houston as any kind of referendum on Robinson.

Because the question is not:

"Biggest draft bust"

or

"Biggest bust of the season"

or

"Biggest draft bust of the season (predict over their career)

or

you get the picture.

Q: "What color is the sky (at night)"
A: Black
Rebuttal: NO THE SKY IS BLUE YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!!

The number 5 pick is supposed to have an impact barring injuries. Thus is the correct answer to the question.

Findog
03-06-2013, 06:28 PM
The number 5 pick is supposed to have an impact barring injuries. Thus is the correct answer to the question.

Who the fuck says so?

Splits
03-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Who the fuck says so?

Cousins, Rubio, Love for example

Findog
03-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Cousins, Rubio, Love for example

So when an NBA team takes a 19-year-old One and Done over a more polished 22-year-old, and he doesn't crack a rotation his rookie year, he's a bust? Robinson wasn't a One and Done but he was seen as raw and a project.

You explicitly stated that Robinson was a bust because he was traded:

"The #5 pick, drafted ahead of Lillard, has already been traded for fuggin scraps! By far the biggest bust so far"

But nobody saw the trade as the Kings giving up on Robinson because he's considered a bust.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8970449/the-trade-deadline-exchange-part-1

Simmons (6:30 a.m.): All right, I'm up, I'm drinking coffee, I'm ready to go. What did you think of Houston fleecing Sacramento for Thomas Robinson?1 Why do teams continue to trade with Dork Elvis? Everyone, STOP TRADING WITH DORK ELVIS!!!!!

Lowe: That was a shocker. The highest-value player here is obviously Robinson (the fifth overall pick just eight months ago), whom lots of scouts love despite his rudimentary offensive skills; he's shooting 42 percent and has zero post game, though he is shooting a nearly acceptable 38 percent on midrange jumpers, per NBA.com. Keith Smart was very optimistic about Robinson's midrange jumper when I spoke to him in Dallas just before the All-Star break.

Simmons: You left out, "Oh, and he's a 21-year-old rookie getting spotty minutes for the most depressing franchise in the league … maybe that affected his jumper, too."

Lowe: In any case: Robinson's a "wow" athlete, and he's already a better rebounder than Patterson ever will be; Patterson rebounds more like a small forward than a power forward, and he's the only player of any long-term relevance going to Sacramento here. The Kings do save about $3.6 million in salary for this season, so hooray for that! Cost-cutting may well have been a motive during an awkward period for the franchise, and if it was, well, have fun digesting that one, Sacto fans. Of course, Patterson is a year away from the expiration of his rookie deal, after which point he'll become more expensive. Robinson has three years left on his rookie deal. Math is fun.

Simmons: There were so many appalling things about that trade, but you just hit on the big one — the Kings gave up on a top-five lottery pick to save a little less than $4 million. It's the kind of trade that happens when your owners are broke. It's the kind of trade that would have happened in 1978, back when the league was struggling and they were showing Finals games on tape delay. You know I'm prone to hyperbole from time to time, but I truly believe this — that's the worst trade anyone's made in years. A lottery team giving up Robinson … I mean … it's unconscionable. No, he wasn't playing that well for the Kings, but can you think of a worse situation for him?

As I've written before, the Kings were put together like The Pickup Team From Hell. Before this trade, they had a playing rotation that included four point guards and four power forwards. That's not a misprint. Robinson was getting scattered minutes off the bench behind Boogie Cousins and Jason Thompson. And they're owned by a bunch of broke brothers who are trying to sell out to Seattle and inadvertently (or maybe even advertently) turned their season into a total soap opera. Other than that, it was a fantastic situation for Thomas Robinson. I'm amazed he didn't thrive there.

Lowe: Agree that Robinson had the highest value in the trade because of his athleticism/upside, and because he represents another immediately movable high-value trade chip for Daryl Morey — a lottery pick, basically. The Rockets can deal Robinson right away if they want to make a deadline play for Josh Smith or another big-money guy, since this deal leaves Houston under the salary cap and thus safe from rules against trading a player right after getting him. Houston may choose to wait until the summer for any such chase, since they'll have max-level cap room. These two deals combined shave about $1.6 million from Houston's 2013-14 cap figure, meaning they should be able to carve out about $20 million in space in July with a bit of creativity — enough to fit Dwight Howard's max contract, and certainly Smith's. They could also use Robinson as a sign-and-trade chip.

http://www.businessinsider.com/kings-trade-thomas-robinson-to-rockets-2013-2

Last night the Sacramento Kings pulled the trigger on the most inexplicable NBA trade of the year — sending Thomas Robinson to the Houston Rockets for role players just 55 games after taking him with the #5 pick in the 2012 Draft.
The full trade:
Houston gets: Thomas Robinson, Francisco Garcia, Tyler Honeycutt
Sacramento gets: Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich, Toney Douglas
According to Grantland's Zach Lowe, the NBA world can't believe the Kings gave up on Robinson so soon. He reported on Twitter, "Also for the record: Folks around the league seem largely aghast/shocked/confused by what Kings did here."
The Kings are rebuilding and need young potential game-changers like Robinson more than low-ceiling role players like Patterson.
So all indications are that this deal had nothing to do with basketball, and was a straight-up financial move by the Kings' owners, the Maloofs — who are planning to sell the team to a Seattle-based group before next season.
The three players Sacramento traded are getting paid a combined $10.2 million this season. The three players they took back are getting paid $6.5 million.
Since roughly two thirds of that money has already been paid, this trade will save the Maloofs ~$1.2 million when all is said and done.
So, to put it crudely, it appears that the Kings' owners sacrificed a key piece of the team's basketball future so that they could save $1.2 million in their dying months as NBA owners.
The trade makes no sense from a basketball standpoint. It makes the saddest kind of sense from a business standpoint.

If you want to make the case that Robinson is a disappointing bust so far, you're going to have to do better than the fact he was traded in a pathetic cost-cutting move by the worst-run franchise in the league.

jag
03-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Splitman4evah is a retarded, half-aborted faggot. Findog could be tripping LSD while typing out his basketball takes on an old school Motorola Razr and he'd still shit on you. Quit gaying up the thread

Captivus
03-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Without looking at the stats, I will say Rivers.
What about Royce White?

jag
03-06-2013, 07:01 PM
As far as the Kings are concerned, Jimmer Fredette needs his freedom.

AussieFanKurt
03-06-2013, 07:06 PM
What about Royce White?

Norris Cole
03-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Its already been said but has to be Rivers easily. Nothing about him says lottery pick much less NBA player.

Splits
03-06-2013, 07:14 PM
So when an NBA team takes a 19-year-old One and Done over a more polished 22-year-old, and he doesn't crack a rotation his rookie year, he's a bust? Robinson wasn't a One and Done but he was seen as raw and a project.

You explicitly stated that Robinson was a bust because he was traded:

"The #5 pick, drafted ahead of Lillard, has already been traded for fuggin scraps! By far the biggest bust so far"

But nobody saw the trade as the Kings giving up on Robinson because he's considered a bust.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8970449/the-trade-deadline-exchange-part-1

Simmons (6:30 a.m.): All right, I'm up, I'm drinking coffee, I'm ready to go. What did you think of Houston fleecing Sacramento for Thomas Robinson?1 Why do teams continue to trade with Dork Elvis? Everyone, STOP TRADING WITH DORK ELVIS!!!!!

Lowe: That was a shocker. The highest-value player here is obviously Robinson (the fifth overall pick just eight months ago), whom lots of scouts love despite his rudimentary offensive skills; he's shooting 42 percent and has zero post game, though he is shooting a nearly acceptable 38 percent on midrange jumpers, per NBA.com. Keith Smart was very optimistic about Robinson's midrange jumper when I spoke to him in Dallas just before the All-Star break.

Simmons: You left out, "Oh, and he's a 21-year-old rookie getting spotty minutes for the most depressing franchise in the league … maybe that affected his jumper, too."

Lowe: In any case: Robinson's a "wow" athlete, and he's already a better rebounder than Patterson ever will be; Patterson rebounds more like a small forward than a power forward, and he's the only player of any long-term relevance going to Sacramento here. The Kings do save about $3.6 million in salary for this season, so hooray for that! Cost-cutting may well have been a motive during an awkward period for the franchise, and if it was, well, have fun digesting that one, Sacto fans. Of course, Patterson is a year away from the expiration of his rookie deal, after which point he'll become more expensive. Robinson has three years left on his rookie deal. Math is fun.

Simmons: There were so many appalling things about that trade, but you just hit on the big one — the Kings gave up on a top-five lottery pick to save a little less than $4 million. It's the kind of trade that happens when your owners are broke. It's the kind of trade that would have happened in 1978, back when the league was struggling and they were showing Finals games on tape delay. You know I'm prone to hyperbole from time to time, but I truly believe this — that's the worst trade anyone's made in years. A lottery team giving up Robinson … I mean … it's unconscionable. No, he wasn't playing that well for the Kings, but can you think of a worse situation for him?

As I've written before, the Kings were put together like The Pickup Team From Hell. Before this trade, they had a playing rotation that included four point guards and four power forwards. That's not a misprint. Robinson was getting scattered minutes off the bench behind Boogie Cousins and Jason Thompson. And they're owned by a bunch of broke brothers who are trying to sell out to Seattle and inadvertently (or maybe even advertently) turned their season into a total soap opera. Other than that, it was a fantastic situation for Thomas Robinson. I'm amazed he didn't thrive there.

Lowe: Agree that Robinson had the highest value in the trade because of his athleticism/upside, and because he represents another immediately movable high-value trade chip for Daryl Morey — a lottery pick, basically. The Rockets can deal Robinson right away if they want to make a deadline play for Josh Smith or another big-money guy, since this deal leaves Houston under the salary cap and thus safe from rules against trading a player right after getting him. Houston may choose to wait until the summer for any such chase, since they'll have max-level cap room. These two deals combined shave about $1.6 million from Houston's 2013-14 cap figure, meaning they should be able to carve out about $20 million in space in July with a bit of creativity — enough to fit Dwight Howard's max contract, and certainly Smith's. They could also use Robinson as a sign-and-trade chip.

http://www.businessinsider.com/kings-trade-thomas-robinson-to-rockets-2013-2

Last night the Sacramento Kings pulled the trigger on the most inexplicable NBA trade of the year — sending Thomas Robinson to the Houston Rockets for role players just 55 games after taking him with the #5 pick in the 2012 Draft.
The full trade:
Houston gets: Thomas Robinson, Francisco Garcia, Tyler Honeycutt
Sacramento gets: Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich, Toney Douglas
According to Grantland's Zach Lowe, the NBA world can't believe the Kings gave up on Robinson so soon. He reported on Twitter, "Also for the record: Folks around the league seem largely aghast/shocked/confused by what Kings did here."
The Kings are rebuilding and need young potential game-changers like Robinson more than low-ceiling role players like Patterson.
So all indications are that this deal had nothing to do with basketball, and was a straight-up financial move by the Kings' owners, the Maloofs — who are planning to sell the team to a Seattle-based group before next season.
The three players Sacramento traded are getting paid a combined $10.2 million this season. The three players they took back are getting paid $6.5 million.
Since roughly two thirds of that money has already been paid, this trade will save the Maloofs ~$1.2 million when all is said and done.
So, to put it crudely, it appears that the Kings' owners sacrificed a key piece of the team's basketball future so that they could save $1.2 million in their dying months as NBA owners.
The trade makes no sense from a basketball standpoint. It makes the saddest kind of sense from a business standpoint.

If you want to make the case that Robinson is a disappointing bust so far, you're going to have to do better than the fact he was traded in a pathetic cost-cutting move by the worst-run franchise in the league.

Huh?

In order to participate in this debate you should take the following steps:

Step 1: Learn to read.
Step 2: Learn to comprehend all parts of the sentence you learned to read (in Step 1).
Step 3: Learn to NOT copy/paste completely irrelevant information from irrelevant news articles in order to not rebut actual facts not actually made in response.
Step 4: Learn to respond to actual points made instead of cherry picking phrases out of context.
Step 5: VICTORY

Mori Chu
03-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Sons, my Suns would like to have a word about their draft pick, Kendall Marshall. 2.2 PPG, 1.8 APG, 5.34 PER in 11.5 minutes. Ouch.

Findog
03-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Huh?

In order to participate in this debate you should take the following steps:

Step 1: Learn to read.
Step 2: Learn to comprehend all parts of the sentence you learned to read (in Step 1).
Step 3: Learn to NOT copy/paste completely irrelevant information from irrelevant news articles in order to not rebut actual facts not actually made in response.
Step 4: Learn to respond to actual points made instead of cherry picking phrases out of context.
Step 5: VICTORY

You said Robinson is a bust and tried to justify it by pointing out that he was traded, implying that the Kings had given up on him. But that's absolutely not the case at all. Not one single coach, scout, player or front office executive agrees with you. You need to learn to back up your claims with actual cogent points instead of making disenguous claims. If you want to say he's a bust because he couldn't crack the rotation that's a different argument. But that's not what you said. You used the trade to backup your claims when in fact it was a salary dump by miserly owners.

Monkeyboy14
03-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Miličič won a title tbh :lol
:lol true story, Milicic on par with KG and Lebron with that ring!

99 Problems
03-06-2013, 08:12 PM
If we talking 'so far' as its been pointed out, then no way T-Rob. He straight into Rocket high rotation and playing reasonably well.

Clipper Nation
03-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Wasn't Rivers having statistically the worst season ever by an NBA player at one point though? :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Kendall Marshall should certainly be in the discussion, he doesn't belong in the NBA and I said as much at the time.

Monkeyboy14
03-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Wasn't Rivers having statistically the worst season ever by an NBA player at one point though? :lol
Was he really? shiiiit, you know you suck when the only reason you were drafted is because your dad is a coach :rollin
Doc on draft night: "So...uh.. how 'bout my son austin huh? No developed skill set.. leaving college early.. but his dads a motherfucking coach!!!"

TheCultOfPersonality
03-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Austin Rivers has "biggest bust of all time" potential, tbh.
As long as Hasheem Thabeet exist, he's only fighting for 2nd place.

Latarian Milton
03-07-2013, 02:11 AM
guess it's still gonna take some more time before the whole league realizes what a shitty player he is, then boston will be the only NBA team where he'll continue to get some playing time imho

Mal
03-07-2013, 03:00 AM
This psycho dude from Rockets is even bigger bust

LnGrrrR
03-07-2013, 08:46 AM

To be fair, that's exactly how Avery Bradley looked his rookie year when he was on the court.

jag
03-07-2013, 10:07 AM

Ah, yes. I always forget about Thabeet... because why the hell wouldnt I?

There's also a special place in the history books for this joker:

http://tribunanba.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/morrison.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Do we really consider Morrison a huge bust or someone everyone but MJ knew would suck :lol

Raven
03-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Do we really consider Morrison a huge bust or someone everyone but MJ knew would suck :lol

maybe not everyone :lol
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/adam-morrison

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-07-2013, 10:21 AM
^:lol holy hell

jag
03-07-2013, 10:47 AM
10/10 grade on "Intangibles"
10/10 grade on "Leadership"
9/10 grade on "NBA Ready"
9/10 grade on "Potential"
9/10 grade on "Jump Shot"

When it comes to drafting, that's about as "Can't Miss" as it gets.

Raven
03-07-2013, 11:37 AM
anyway, the first season is for this type of discussions way to soon, but considering draft position, hype, team needs and playing time, i have to say rivers. He doesn't look a bad player, he just isn't an nba player.. he's stroke is shaky at best, he is too slow and unathletic other than not tall enough for the 2, he's handles are way to bad to be a pg which pretty much means he's not a prospect at any position neither offensive or defensive.. t-rob was a bust for the kings, he was supposed to be the most nba-ready but he's not even close tbh.. marshall was a bad pick considering they signed dragič later, but actually showed a decent shot, so that's better than described at the time.. the rockets draft picks all underachived..

Drachen
03-07-2013, 02:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q76IlF5HES0

Monkeyboy14
03-07-2013, 04:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q76IlF5HES0
:lol ok?

Drachen
03-07-2013, 05:17 PM
:lol ok?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Michael_Olowokandi_with_Earl_Barron.jpg

baseline bum
03-07-2013, 07:42 PM

Stromile Swift too

Dex
03-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Austin Rivers has "biggest bust of all time" potential, tbh.... he's a cocky faggot who thought he was too good for college, despite his game being nowhere near NBA-ready after his freshman year, and he only got drafted so high because he went to Dook and his daddeh coaches in the NBA....

With guys like Bowie and Oden out there, I'm pretty sure Rivers is safe.

:lol tlong

Let's not forget Darko. Pistons were fresh off a championship and have a #2 pick, something that I'm not sure had ever happened before...and they pass on Anthony, Bosh, Wade for this stiff. Perfect example of why you draft by talent, not by need...especially in the lottery.

racm
03-07-2013, 07:52 PM

Let's not forget Darko. Pistons were fresh off a championship and have a #2 pick, something that I'm not sure had ever happened before...and they pass on Anthony, Bosh, Wade for this stiff. Perfect example of why you draft by talent, not by need...especially in the lottery.

They only reached the ECF in 2003. They won the Finals with Darko riding the pine.

Classic example of a contender not wanting to upset its rotation by taking a chance on a top prospect.

baseline bum
03-07-2013, 07:56 PM
maybe not everyone :lol
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/adam-morrison

Gotta love nbadraft.net

http://i.imgur.com/LRYPqff.png
though upstairs fan rated him about the same in the preseason

http://i.imgur.com/McX9J2R.png

And to put the numbers in context

http://i.imgur.com/LBElkYP.png

http://i.imgur.com/VpByPat.png

http://i.imgur.com/7SJGw2P.png

baseline bum
03-07-2013, 08:01 PM

Nah, it has happened before, with even worse results:

http://thesportsfanjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/len-bias-boston-celtics-1986.jpg