PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young apologizes to Jeff Fisher

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-06-2013, 05:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9023211/vince-young-sends-letter-apology-jeff-fisher

"I definitely wanted to apologize for the things that I did, letting him know about the frustration, a lot of different things that was going on in my life at the time, and want him to know that I really did appreciate him trying to make me become one of those type of leaders on the team, a successful quarterback," he said.
He said during his time with the Titans he was "immature and not paying attention and not listening, and taking my frustration out on a lot of people wasn't the right thing to do."
He said he hopes Fisher reads his letter and forgives him.
"I'm hoping him the best in his career and I hope I get the same opportunity to finish my career [in the way] that I want to finish it in," he said.

I'm surprised he would apologize to Fisher after Vincefan was sure he did nothing wrong and Jeff Fisher was a big meanie.

Lincoln
03-06-2013, 05:24 PM
How the fuck did he play multiple seasons in the NFL? He was a shitty passer and a horrible decision maker

Phillip
03-06-2013, 05:24 PM
That was nice of him.

Too bad he couldn't have matured sooner. What a waste of talent.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-06-2013, 05:26 PM
That was nice of him.

Too bad he couldn't have matured sooner. What a waste of talent.

He was mature tho, Jeff Fisher was just a big meanie to him.

J.T.
03-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Please Mr. Fisher I need a job. Gotta get dat $300,000 birthday party back!

Trill Clinton
03-06-2013, 08:01 PM
:cry

monosylab1k
03-06-2013, 09:55 PM
He was mature tho, Jeff Fisher was just a big meanie to him.

At this point he'll do anything for a job. Sucks he let this happen to himself. I still want to know if you really think any clear thinking coach without a vendetta would so quickly bench a QB with a 98.6 qb rating? There's been plenty of coach-qb relationships that weren't very good, but most coaches would put their ego aside if the qb is playing that well.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-06-2013, 10:16 PM
At this point he'll do anything for a job. Sucks he let this happen to himself. I still want to know if you really think any clear thinking coach without a vendetta would so quickly bench a QB with a 98.6 qb rating? There's been plenty of coach-qb relationships that weren't very good, but most coaches would put their ego aside if the qb is playing that well.
So his apology to Jeff fisher is just sanctimonious posturing? That's not very mature.

Was Jim harbough benching Alex smith for kap last season when he had one of the best passer ratings in the nfl a vendetta?

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Btw using that passer rating as if its an actual reflection on youngs passing ability is about as intellectually dishonest as longhorn nuthugger can get when defending one of their soft bred pussies flaming out of the nfl

monosylab1k
03-06-2013, 10:45 PM
So his apology to Jeff fisher is just sanctimonious posturing? That's not very mature.

Was Jim harbough benching Alex smith for kap last season when he had one of the best passer ratings in the nfl a vendetta?

No, but if he benched Alex Smith for some tosb like Kerry Collins, it would be.

Passer rating is overrated to some degree, but a 98.6 thru 9 games is solid no matter how you try to minimize it.

:cry Brady only had a 98.7 this year :cry bench him for Kerry Collins :cry

dirk4mvp
03-06-2013, 11:24 PM
rofl people in the nfl forum defending this guy

monosylab1k
03-06-2013, 11:30 PM
rofl people in the nfl forum defending this guy

lol snead

dirk4mvp
03-06-2013, 11:32 PM
:cry Vince Young :cry

Blake
03-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Lol recap:

Vince
Wunderlich
Suicide watch
Party
Strip club
Broke
Heisman Nopeful
Coddle
All he does is win
Steak house

monosylab1k
03-07-2013, 01:05 AM
:lol and still more clutch than Welker

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-07-2013, 01:49 AM
No, but if he benched Alex Smith for some tosb like Kerry Collins, it would be.

Passer rating is overrated to some degree, but a 98.6 thru 9 games is solid no matter how you try to minimize it.

:cry Brady only had a 98.7 this year :cry bench him for Kerry Collins :cry
Kerry Collins led them to more wins than Vince ever did.

The fact that Brady this year had the same passer rating Vince had that year proves my point as to how meaningless passer rating is for a game managing QB who barely passes the ball.

Do you honestly believe Vince Young was a capable passer in the NFL?

monosylab1k
03-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Actually the Titans went 15-17 with Collins and 30-17 with Vince. Nice try tho.

Vince was showing clear improvement as a passer his final two seasons in Tennessee. Close to 60% completions and a 10-3 TD/INT ratio is solid regardless. Would he ever live up to what homers like stretch and i thought? Probably not. But he never got that chance because of (a) his own immaturity, and (b) Jeff Fisher letting a personal issue with Vince affect his football decisions, resulting in benching the clear cut best QB on his team multiple times.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-07-2013, 02:02 AM
Actually the Titans went 15-17 with Collins and 30-17 with Vince. Nice try tho.
They advanced further in the playoffs with Collins than they ever did with Vince and you know what I meant. Nice try tho.

Vince was showing clear improvement as a passer his final two seasons in Tennessee. Close to 60% completions and a 10-3 TD/INT ratio is solid regardless.
It's also a reflection on how limited he was as a passer who can't be relied on to consistently pick up yards through the air (hence why your cherry picking ratings, percentages and ratios, while leaving out total numbers like yards and touchdown).

Would he ever live up to what homers like stretch and i thought? Probably not. But he never got that chance because of (a) his own immaturity, and (b) Jeff Fisher letting a personal issue with Vince affect his football decisions, resulting in benching the clear cut best QB on his team multiple times.
Then what's your explaination for the other 31 teams in the NFL coached by someone other than Jeff Fisher not giving him a job? Does the Jeff Fisher sphere of influence to conspire against Vince Young have that much of an effect on other NFL coaches?

monosylab1k
03-07-2013, 02:08 AM
They advanced further in the playoffs with Collins than they ever did with Vince and you know what I meant. Nice try tho.

It's also a reflection on how limited he was as a passer who can't be relied on to consistently pick up yards through the air (hence why your cherry picking ratings, percentages and ratios, while leaving out total numbers like yards and touchdown).

Then what's your explaination for the other 31 teams in the NFL coached by someone other than Jeff Fisher not giving him a job? Does the Jeff Fisher sphere of influence to conspire against Vince Young have that much of an effect on other NFL coaches?

They both went 0-1 in the postseason for the Titans. :cry but Kerry got them one round farther :cry

and :lmao @ pointing out that he was reasonably efficient and didn't turn the ball over being "cherry picking". You're right, those are worthless qualities for a QB to have.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-07-2013, 02:13 AM
They both went 0-1 in the postseason for the Titans. :cry but Kerry got them one round farther :cry
1) Kerry did get them further in the playoffs than Vince ever did. That's not opinion (like your assertion that Fisher had a vendetta). It's simply stating facts, things VY fans seem to hate.
2) They both had 0 playoff wins, yet you and stretch tlak about VY like he's a proven winner.

and :lmao @ pointing out that he was reasonably efficient and didn't turn the ball over being "cherry picking".
No, the cherry picking comes from you pretending his efficiency had nothing to do with the offense he played in or the low volume of passes he made.

You're right, those are worthless qualities for a QB to have.
They're easy qualities for a game managing QB to have, which is largely why Alex Smith's passer rating didn't stop Jim Harbaugh from benching him.

Thanks for ignoring the part about why the 31 teams in the NFL coached by someone other than Jeff Fisher don't want anything more to do with him than the 1 team coached by Jeff Fisher does.

monosylab1k
03-07-2013, 02:14 AM
Vince clearly wasn't working as hard as he should have been, which is why he failed miserably after leaving the Titans. Most QB's have a difficult time switching teams and learning a whole new system, and considering he was already lazy and not the smartest guy ever, of course he would fail. That's on him. But in Tennessee he knew the system at least reasonably well, and he was showing improvement, and he was obviously their best QB. Fisher let personal differences get in the way of playing his best quarterback, and that's on Fisher.

monosylab1k
03-07-2013, 02:15 AM
:lmao you're really gonna play the "first round bye" card here? Want me to search for anything you might have said about peyton a few weeks ago?

monosylab1k
03-07-2013, 02:18 AM
They're easy qualities for a game managing QB to have, which is largely why Alex Smith's passer rating didn't stop Jim Harbaugh from benching him.

It had more to do with a better player being on the bench. Vince Young didn't have Kaepernick or Joe Flacco sitting on the bench behind him, it was Kerry Fucking Collins.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-07-2013, 02:24 AM
Vince clearly wasn't working as hard as he should have been, which is why he failed miserably after leaving the Titans.
It's also probably why he failed miserably on the Titans. Jeff Fisher isn't the only coach who isn't a fan of QBs with poor work ethics.

Most QB's have a difficult time switching teams and learning a whole new system
more coddling from Longhorn fan, tbh. If his passer rating and efficiency stats were half as reflective of his passing ability as you say they were, teams would be lining up to sign him as a backup right now.

and considering he was already lazy and not the smartest guy ever, of course he would fail.
1) So he's lazy AND stupid. Two more traits Jeff Fisher is far from the only coach in the NFL who doesn't like his QB having.
2) :lol "not the smartest guy ever" there's an awesome understatement

But in Tennessee he knew the system at least reasonably well, and he was showing improvement, and he was obviously their best QB. Fisher let personal differences get in the way of playing his best quarterback, and that's on Fisher.
Yes, if you consider the fact Jeff Fisher is one of many coaches in the NFL who don't like QBs who are lazy, fumble prone, injury prone and stupid a personal difference, he let personal differences get in the way.

That's also what you're ignoring, if Vince didn't get injured so often he wouldn't have lost his starting job so easily. The fact Jeff Fisher would rather know what he's getting every week even if it means slightly less efficient passing isn't a personal difference.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-07-2013, 02:25 AM
:lmao you're really gonna play the "first round bye" card here? Want me to search for anything you might have said about peyton a few weeks ago?

Yes, go ahead and look for something I said about how Denver should bench Peyton in favor of Vince Young.

monosylab1k
03-07-2013, 02:31 AM
Kerry Collins led them to more wins than Vince ever did.

lol first round bye = wins

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-07-2013, 02:33 AM
13-4 = more wins than Vince ever led them to (the meaning of what I said was obvious, don't go off on a tangent and turn this into a game of semantics)
first round bye = further in the playoffs than Vince ever led them to

just dropping facts, tbh.

monosylab1k
03-07-2013, 02:37 AM
:cry my words clearly had a large amount of qualifiers that i didn't have to specify, stop misinterpreting my words without taking all these other things i added after the fact into account :cry

J.T.
03-07-2013, 03:06 AM
I feel like the next logical step in the saga of Vince Young is for him to say he just couldn't do what the white man said. After all we're like what two seasons away from Peterson saying NFL player = slave.

Bill_Brasky
03-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Vince Young sucks and he always sucked.

Blake
03-07-2013, 09:38 AM
:lol and still more clutch than Welker

less wanted than Welker.
less money than Welker.
less Super Bowl appearances than Welker.
More likely to shoot self than Welker.

symple19
03-07-2013, 09:45 AM
less wanted than Welker.
less money than Welker.
less Super Bowl appearances than Welker.
More likely to shoot self than Welker.

:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-07-2013, 09:53 AM
:cry my words clearly had a large amount of qualifiers that i didn't have to specify, stop misinterpreting my words without taking all these other things i added after the fact into account :cry
:lol what qualifier did I add?
:lol having nothing else to say but playing semantics
:lol dodging the fact every other NFL coach feels the same way about Young that Jeff Fisher does

Kermit
03-07-2013, 12:03 PM
He's apologizing because he wants a job. It's not sincere. It's something that should have happened years ago. He's probably regressed even further as a quarterback due to not having played in a year. He's toxic due to his money situation and that hasn't gotten any better as he refuses to take responsibility for that fiasco. No one wants creditors around a camp. And he has the stench of Mack Brown's coddling all over him. I love Vince. He was great for the Longhorns. But Jesus Christ, give it up man. No one wants your fucking bullshit drama. You've had years to grow up and become accountable and have failed to do so. Only now when you're at your final stand to you admit culpability. And fuck that bullshit that people are trotting out there, "Oh, he could suceed in a Chip Kelly offense." Yeah 8 years ago. Have you seen him play now? He's a fucking turnover machine. He can't grasp offenses. He sure as fuck can't grasp defenses.

He's also become the posterboy for Mack Brown's ineptitude as a coach. A failure who coddles these talented boys and fails to make them men. There are some who have excelled despite his attempts at coddledom, but there are many who never grew up because they were never expected to.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-07-2013, 01:05 PM
rofl the spread option ideas from Skip Bayless are pretty hilarious. The most recent picture/interview of Vince Young I saw he looked very portly for someone who'd allegedly fit into an offense based around speed (which was probably a Jeff Fisher conspiracy to spike his food with weight gaining ingredients in order to prevent him from succeeding as a read option QB).

Blake
03-07-2013, 02:14 PM
He's apologizing because he wants a job. It's not sincere. It's something that should have happened years ago. He's probably regressed even further as a quarterback due to not having played in a year. He's toxic due to his money situation and that hasn't gotten any better as he refuses to take responsibility for that fiasco. No one wants creditors around a camp. And he has the stench of Mack Brown's coddling all over him. I love Vince. He was great for the Longhorns. But Jesus Christ, give it up man. No one wants your fucking bullshit drama. You've had years to grow up and become accountable and have failed to do so. Only now when you're at your final stand to you admit culpability. And fuck that bullshit that people are trotting out there, "Oh, he could suceed in a Chip Kelly offense." Yeah 8 years ago. Have you seen him play now? He's a fucking turnover machine. He can't grasp offenses. He sure as fuck can't grasp defenses.

He's also become the posterboy for Mack Brown's ineptitude as a coach. A failure who coddles these talented boys and fails to make them men. There are some who have excelled despite his attempts at coddledom, but there are many who never grew up because they were never expected to.

Have you eaten at his steak house in Austin?

Kermit
03-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Have you eaten at his steak house in Austin?

No. There are much better options. Didn't Mattress Max buy that place for his daughter? I thought they paid Vince a sum to use his name.

DeadlyDynasty
03-07-2013, 02:34 PM
A small part of me thought Vince got a raw deal originally--and still had something to offer to the NFL...then came last year where he couldn't beat out Tyler Thigpen for a back-up QB job on the worst team in professional sports. That pretty much sealed the deal.

Blake
03-07-2013, 02:53 PM
No. There are much better options. Didn't Mattress Max buy that place for his daughter? I thought they paid Vince a sum to use his name.

I have no clue. Was just wondering what the menu was like.....if they coddle the steaks before grilling. Or if they go well with a coddle of wine.

Kermit
03-07-2013, 03:19 PM
I have no clue. Was just wondering what the menu was like.....if they coddle the steaks before grilling. Or if they go well with a coddle of wine.

Nice. The bacon is made in house with only the finest of coddling, as is the mac-n-cheese. I'm pretty sure they coddle the wine as well. Orange slices for everyone!

Blake
03-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Orange slices for everyone!

:lol

Lincoln
03-07-2013, 04:36 PM
RG3 is everything Vince young should've been. It's so nice to have a qb that has a strong worl ethic

Blake
03-07-2013, 04:39 PM
RGIII has always had a better arm. To this day, i bet VY still throws that 3/4 side arm lob.

J.T.
03-07-2013, 04:41 PM
RG3 is everything Vince young should've been. It's so nice to have a qb that has a strong worl ethic

Helps when you (a) actually have a father and (b) mom isn't a crack head.

Kermit
03-07-2013, 04:58 PM
RGIII has always had a better arm. To this day, i bet VY still throws that 3/4 side arm lob.

The one thing Vince could do with regularity and precision was throw a deep ball.

Kermit
03-07-2013, 04:58 PM

Blake
03-07-2013, 05:02 PM
The one thing Vince could do with regularity and precision was throw a deep ball.

Yeah, he can/could definitely lob it 70 yards with ease.

I don't think I ever saw him throw a laser beam 20 yards down though.

Kermit
03-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Yeah, he can/could definitely lob it 70 yards with ease.

I don't think I ever saw him throw a laser beam 20 yards down though.

20 yards? That's time for Vince to run! Or interception time. One of the two.

Chinook
03-08-2013, 01:05 AM
Question of Young supporters (even former ones): Do you believe that Young would have match or surpassed Collins record in 2008? If not, it's hard to argue that Young was benched for an inferior player.

Pelicans78
03-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Question of Young supporters (even former ones): Do you believe that Young would have match or surpassed Collins record in 2008? If not, it's hard to argue that Young was benched for an inferior player.

I don't think Young would have. The year before he was awful passing the ball and got bailed out on a team with an excellent running game, defense and special teams. He struggled in the first game of 2008 and Collins bailed out the team because he brought some semblance of a passing game. I'm pretty certain the Titans wouldn't have won 13 games that season with Young.

TheCultOfPersonality
03-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Vince Young sucks and he always sucked.
I agree.

It's beyond me how a guy who threw more INTs than TDs and barely completed 50% of his passes was the offensive rookie of the year.

LnGrrrR
03-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Here's the bigger question... what odds would you put down in 2003/2004 that Leinart, Reggie Bush and Young would all be relative busts in the NFL? 5k to 1 odds? 10k to 1?

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Vince young was a black qb from the big 12 and Matt leinart was a left handed qb who would have fallen much further in the draft if not for the cardinals having a retarded black general manager. Reggie bush is the only one of the three where its even remotely surprising and he isn't really a bust.

jag
03-11-2013, 11:53 AM
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/4272/33639937928d47ce195f.jpg

Well if this whole football thing doesn't work out, at least he has a budding hot dog empire (http://vinceyoungfoods.com/Products.html) to fall back on.

jag
03-11-2013, 12:02 PM
VY fans have no shame.

And getting rid of Jeff Fisher is one of the dumbest things Bud Adams has done, right behind drafting VY.