PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green on ESPN

Embedded
03-06-2013, 08:01 PM
The ESPN channel cut into the pregame workouts, and Danny Green was practicing finishing at the rim. Of course he blows the layup, then does it again and the second one goes down. Poor guy, I don't know, sometimes it just seems like focus, he's overthinking it. There's a lot going on with worrying about the positioning of the defender, etc. and I get that. But this was an uncontested simple layup. He seems like a laid back guy, you never see him angry, I think that was what Coach Popovich was saying that he needed to work on his hunger and determination.

I'm still very high on the guy and I think he has a tremendous ceiling, but guys are going to be running him off of the 3-point line, he can't be one-dimensional.

RD2191
03-06-2013, 08:02 PM
LOL

cheguevara
03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
he probably realized the cameras were on

TheGoldStandard
03-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Some guys are serious and some guys are goofs and Danny just comes off as a little bit of a goof but he's been better this season so it shows that he is maturing in his game. He's only 25 and this is his second year as a Spur right? He'll make strides to get better and he has the coaches to coach him up.

rmt
03-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Some guys are serious and some guys are goofs and Danny just comes off as a little bit of a goof but he's been better this season so it shows that he is maturing in his game. He's only 25 and this is his second year as a Spur right? He'll make strides to get better and he has the coaches to coach him up.

As goofy as DG is, KL is quiet - maybe a merge of personalities. Everyone can't be the same - it'd be an awfully boring world.

Brunodf
03-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Since Pop called him out, he has been playing great...Green is young, he can and will get better...

KL2
03-06-2013, 08:40 PM
He's the most Underrated Spur IMO. Kl, Splitter and everyone else has been getting credit but not really Green.

This is sort of like his rookie year with the season being shortened last year. Right now all he's got to do is gain confidence and keep hitting his 3s. Last year he played pretty out of control, this year he's managed to tone it down big time. 1-2 more years and Green wil be one of the best SG's in the Nba.

TheGoldStandard
03-06-2013, 08:40 PM
As goofy as DG is, KL is quiet - maybe a merge of personalities. Everyone can't be the same - it'd be an awfully boring world.

Not only are the Spurs an internationally friendly team but they are also a melting pot of personalities. Tim and Kawhi probably have some pretty deep conversations.

spurraider21
03-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Every time somebody makes a remark about something lacking in Green's game, I remember Michael Finley and laugh

freetiago
03-06-2013, 08:55 PM
if he could drive consistently he wouldnt be a role player worth 4 mil a year
he actually has a decent mid range shot
should work on his 1/2 dribble pullup more

playblair
03-06-2013, 08:56 PM
the hate is getting ridiculous ................. first haters hated blair............... then cojo.................. now green......................

haters would rather have mason or bogans than green .........................

superjames1992
03-06-2013, 08:58 PM
the hate is getting ridiculous ................. first haters hated blair............... then cojo.................. now green......................

haters would rather have mason or bogans than green .........................
Who hates cojo? Most people on this forum seem like they have a mancrush on him.

DJR210
03-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Lol @ "of course he blows the layup"

I'm constantly screaming "of course" when he does his signature blown layups.

purist
03-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Sounds similar to another former spur--Bruce Bowen. He struggled putting the ball on the floor and finishing at the rim but was deadly with the corner 3. Greens game is closer to Bowend than kawhi. Kawhi has higher ceiling-green is all about effort.