PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans: how fcked is anthony davis being coached by montey williams?

apalisoc_9
03-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Should Be Rookie of the year if given the right treatment and playing time tbh. But Montey Williams for some reason still thinks rivers was the better rookie pick..

How would this affect his game in the long-run?

TDMVPDPOY
03-06-2013, 10:11 PM
his being held back by the monobrow

get rid of it he be a good player

fevertrees
03-06-2013, 10:15 PM
had a good game with 2 fouls but only got 15 minutes playing time against the lakers.

Pelicans78
03-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Monty sucks

apalisoc_9
03-06-2013, 10:22 PM
13 points in 16 minutes with 3 blocked shots 3 Rebounds.

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2013, 10:25 PM
They are clearly tanking, tbh..

Pelicans78
03-06-2013, 10:36 PM

Doesn't matter who they draft. They'll never win big with Monty. He's a better assistant coach than head coach.

baseline bum
03-06-2013, 10:38 PM

But for what?

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Doesn't matter who they draft. They'll never win big with Monty. He's a better assistant coach than head coach.

The only Black coaches that have won in the modern era were known to defer the x's and O's to their assistants, tbh(Doc Rivers, KC Jones)..

Pelicans78
03-06-2013, 10:56 PM
The only Black coaches that have won in the modern era were known to defer the x's and O's to their assistants, tbh(Doc Rivers, KC Jones)..

Monty lost his best assistant Mike Malone after year one where they went to the playoffs. He's really terrible when it comes to rotations and substitutions.

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Monty lost his best assistant Mike Malone after year one where they went to the playoffs. He's really terrible when it comes to rotations and substitutions.

Yep, he's a typical Black NBA coach, tbh..he's probably even worse, since he doesn't seem to have substantial motivational skills..

Latarian Milton
03-07-2013, 02:05 AM
rivers is such a horrible player who doesn't seem to have any clue what to do when he's put on the court imho. dude's still young but is almost done as a professional player already, and he would hardly sniff any playing time on any other NBA team not named celtics tbh.

spurraider21
03-07-2013, 02:15 AM
Whats funny is Rivers was actually playing really well against the Lakers today. Showed an impressive in-between game with some awkward looking one handed shots. Pretty effective. And yes, Anthony Davis was playing well and had a big impact on the game, yet didn't see the floor during the Lakers big run and in the closing minutes. Probably because they're trying to tank and Monty knows Davis isn't going to play along and would try his ass off to get stops.

tlongII
03-07-2013, 05:06 AM
The more minutes Davis plays the more likely it is that the Hornets will lose. That is why he doesn't play a lot.

scanry
03-07-2013, 05:16 AM
The more minutes Davis plays the more likely it is that the Hornets will lose. That is why he doesn't play a lot.

T still bitter about the Oden draft bust.

FkLA
03-07-2013, 05:21 AM
IIRC isnt unibrow coming off an injury? I know he was playing heavy minutes to start the season tbh.

tlongII
03-07-2013, 12:37 PM
T still bitter about the Oden draft bust.

Of course I'm still bitter. But it's the truth.

monosylab1k
03-07-2013, 12:40 PM
had a good game with 2 fouls but only got 15 minutes playing time against the lakers.

:lmao your sig

Juggity
03-07-2013, 12:47 PM

Is this an argument based on statistics or your own perception?

Davis has looked solid to me the few times I've seen the kid play

03-07-2013, 01:10 PM
hornets are obviously tanking

Baseline
03-07-2013, 04:49 PM
I saw the last 5:27 (NO was up by 13 at that time) of the Lakers/Hornets game, and either NO was tanking, or Monty is the most clueless coach in the history of the NBA.

Even with Eric Gordon on the court, they couldn't get a decent shot for five straight minutes. No look at a three for Ryan Anderson. And no free throws.

Granted, the refs didn't help. And the Lakers made a zillion threes. But literally one bucket down the stretch would have secured the game for NO, and they didn't get it done. It was possibly the biggest choke job I've ever seen.

tlongII
03-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Is this an argument based on statistics or your own perception?

Davis has looked solid to me the few times I've seen the kid play

It's based on statistics.

BRHornet45
03-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Should Be Rookie of the year if given the right treatment and playing time tbh. But Montey Williams for some reason still thinks rivers was the better rookie pick..

How would this affect his game in the long-run?

Monty is a nice guy and all, but needs to be shown the door. he is extremely overrated by many Hornets fans and he's never done anything to earn it. the crappy teams excuse got old. I watched him single handily lose winnable games all last season with his idiotic coaching decisions.

Latarian Milton
03-08-2013, 12:49 AM
the pelicans would be a legit playoff team w/ a decent coach tbh. montey might be a good person and im pretty sure he's not as bad a coach as phillibeaner but i wish it was still byron scott or someone of similar level being in charge of the hornets tbh. montey would be a decent media guy though.