PDA

View Full Version : Likely outcome of Playoffs

The_Worlds_finest
03-07-2013, 09:35 AM
If the big three do their thing and 1 of Leonard, Green, or Splitter produce each night of the playoffs. Spurs take this shit this year, no ifs ands or buts.

Richie
03-07-2013, 09:39 AM
No necessarily. If Lebron plays at an all time great level like he has the last couple months and Wade, Bosh and Allen step up there is no stopping the Heat. We have a strong chance though.

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
03-07-2013, 09:41 AM
its now or most likely never
so lets hope so bruh

KaiRMD1
03-07-2013, 09:46 AM
People can't disappear in the playoffs for the Spurs to have a chance. But I've noticed a lot of guys have improved so that is a plus.

benstanfield
03-07-2013, 10:10 AM
If our players play well in the playoffs, we will do well in the playoffs. Great take and original thread, would read again.

therealtruth
03-07-2013, 10:10 AM
You forgot to add and if Pop doesn't choke. He's got to be able to make the in-game and in-series adjustments without panicking.

TheGoldStandard
03-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Pop has a tendency to out think himself, mixing lineups to cause mismatches have backfired in the past. Just gotta stick to the program that they've had all season.

look_at_g_shred
03-07-2013, 10:20 AM
You forgot to add and if Pop doesn't choke. He's got to be able to make the in-game and in-series adjustments without panicking.

This x100 for sure! He must put his trust in KL on the offensive end during crunch time this year! It's time to make a name for yourself KL I hope your ready!

TheGoldStandard
03-07-2013, 10:23 AM
I cringe when I see the Spurs go on a solid run to either tie or take the lead only to see Pop switch lineups and put in guys who have nothing to bring to the table. Then I watch that lead dwindle into chaos.

Interrohater
03-07-2013, 10:52 AM
I cringe when I see the Spurs go on a solid run to either tie or take the lead only to see Pop switch lineups and put in guys who have nothing to bring to the table. Then I watch that lead dwindle into chaos.

To be fair to Pop, they've only lost 14 games out of 62 games so far, so what you're saying has happened relatively few times this season.

TheGoldStandard
03-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Oh, not dismissing that they've won games but they've allowed teams back in it that had no business catching up with some of the lineup changes.

Fireball
03-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Kawhi has to play 40 minutes in the playoffs, Splitter at least 35 ...

Horse
03-07-2013, 01:55 PM
I think we are the best match for the heat. They don't defend quick points guards, the 3-point line or the post very well. That's our bread and butter. Throw in our bench and I like our chances. We would be going for a repeat if not for the refs in WCF. Unfortunetly theres no reason to think they wont screw us again.

spurraider21
03-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Okc will find ways to lose despite big 4th quarters by James harden on the same night

DJB
03-07-2013, 02:07 PM
If the big three do their thing and 1 of Leonard, Green, or Splitter produce each night of the playoffs. Spurs take this shit this year, no ifs ands or buts.

sigh...

JRHernandez88
03-07-2013, 02:12 PM
No necessarily. If Lebron plays at an all time great level like he has the last couple months and Wade, Bosh and Allen step up there is no stopping the Heat. We have a strong chance though.
Co-signed

Kidd K
03-07-2013, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't say we're definitely taking it, or even the favorites. Being realistic, I do like the Spurs' chances IF HEALTHY. . .but that's a big if, as it is every year. Then, even when healthy, you have stuff to worry about besides actual basketball play, such as the refs.

I'm going to enjoy the postseason for sure, but I still have the health concern in the back of my mind like I have every year since Ginobili got hurt in 2008. If healthy though, the playoffs should be excited for us again!

TheyCallMePro
03-07-2013, 02:37 PM
In the playoffs you need players who are confident, can get their own shot, and can be lock-down defenders. Which means Bonner, Neal, Mills, De Colo, Blair, and Baynes should NOT be in the playoff rotation. I would only use Blair and Neal a little bit, because they at least have something to bring to the table other than their terrible defense. Leonard and Green pretty much need to play every possible minute. We need their aggressiveness more than anything. Jackson has got to go into beast mode and not just settle for 3's and post up more. He's very good at that but he rarely does it. Splitter has got to be more forceful inside and finish strong. Parker and Ginobli need to penetrate as much as possible and keep the ball moving. I feel like parker settles for too many jumpshots and ball movement is sometimes stagnant when he's in the game nowadays....we don't need hero ball. The only PG besides parker I want to see come off the bench is Cojo...if only for his phenomenal defense. But man we really need Parker/Green/Leonard to play well. This year is going to be fun because were more committed to playing good defense. I can't wait to see our intensity on that side of the ball come playoffs. We just need to avoid any more injuries. If we play as good as we can I just know we'll win it all this year.

bklynspursfan
03-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Not turning the ball over 16+ times would be pretty awesome too

Sean Cagney
03-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Oh, not dismissing that they've won games but they've allowed teams back in it that had no business catching up with some of the lineup changes.

Phoenix game comes to mind, that one pissed me off. They had no business blowing that game.
Not turning the ball over 16+ times would be pretty awesome too

^^^^^^^^^^ This.

look_at_g_shred
03-07-2013, 04:08 PM
In the playoffs you need players who are confident, can get their own shot, and can be lock-down defenders. Which means Bonner, Neal, Mills, De Colo, Blair, and Baynes should NOT be in the playoff rotation. I would only use Blair and Neal a little bit, because they at least have something to bring to the table other than their terrible defense. Leonard and Green pretty much need to play every possible minute. We need their aggressiveness more than anything. Jackson has got to go into beast mode and not just settle for 3's and post up more. He's very good at that but he rarely does it. Splitter has got to be more forceful inside and finish strong. Parker and Ginobli need to penetrate as much as possible and keep the ball moving. I feel like parker settles for too many jumpshots and ball movement is sometimes stagnant when he's in the game nowadays....we don't need hero ball. The only PG besides parker I want to see come off the bench is Cojo...if only for his phenomenal defense. But man we really need Parker/Green/Leonard to play well. This year is going to be fun because were more committed to playing good defense. I can't wait to see our intensity on that side of the ball come playoffs. We just need to avoid any more injuries. If we play as good as we can I just know we'll win it all this year.

:tu

TampaDude
03-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Likely outcome of playoffs this year?

Spurs and Heat in the Finals

Spurs in 6.

BatManu20
03-07-2013, 11:00 PM

Hate to burst your bubble but Heat are winning the title this year.

BatManu20
03-07-2013, 11:02 PM

This has nothing to do with your post, but I just wanted to say...

COYS! Great win today. Bale is so fun to watch.

Arcadian
03-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Heat are coming out of the east

Spurs or Thunder are coming out of the west

Let's just skip all this bullshit and start the Finals, tbh... Cancel the rest of the season, play the western conference finals, and let the winner face the Heat. There's no point in having an eastern conference playoffs. We all know it comes down to those three teams, so let's just cut the shit and get on with it.

silverblk mystix
03-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Every year the same people that ASSUME the spurs are going all the way...

are the same posters who are crying when the spurs hit an unexpected roadblock....and it is NEVER the team or situation you saw coming that will befuddle POP and cause the spurs to crash and burn.

hater
03-08-2013, 01:58 PM
and then spursfan wakes up to witness Lebron proceeding to woop that ass

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Bonner and Blair have a nice spot on the bench for whole post-season.

therealtruth
03-08-2013, 07:12 PM
The only PG besides parker I want to see come off the bench is Cojo...if only for his phenomenal defense.

I agree in the playoffs you need guys coming of the bench who can be game changers on defense.

Poolboy5623
03-08-2013, 07:51 PM
I would say the play of green, splitter, and kawhi is just as important as the big 3...if not, more.

03-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Pistons sweep the playoffs tbh

Spur|n|Austin
03-08-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm just hoping we don't run out of gas like we did last season..