PDA

View Full Version : Pop talking about Corey LOL

Jordanobili2320
03-07-2013, 02:27 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226558/Popovich-Well-Put-In-Plays-For-Joseph-When-We-Put-In-Plays-For-Elie

Pop is such a mean fuck. :whine

dylankerouac
03-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Joseph needs to work his way up the ladder like everyone else did. In this I have nothing but respect for Pop, he makes his players earn everything and respects their hard work after the fact. For example, Dejuan Blair may not be getting as much playing time as he would like but at the same time Baynes isn't given playing time over Blair. Just like DeColo doesn't get playing time over Neal or Mills who have been here longer and shown their worth over that time. This applies to Matt Bonner too. I for one respect Pop for the pecking order he has given his troops on his ship though I hope he can make the proper adjustments necessary for a title.

Spur|n|Austin
03-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Joseph needs to work his way up the ladder like everyone else did. In this I have nothing but respect for Pop, he makes his players earn everything and respects their hard work after the fact. For example, Dejuan Blair may not be getting as much playing time as he would like but at the same time Baynes isn't given playing time over Blair. Just like DeColo doesn't get playing time over Neal or Mills who have been here longer and shown their worth over that time. This applies to Matt Bonner too. I for one respect Pop for the pecking order he has given his troops on his ship though I hope he can make the proper adjustments necessary for a title.

Agreed, this is the reasoning behind the minutes Bonner is still getting..

dbestpro
03-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Maybe Pop will put stuff in for CoJo when he learns to run the pick and roll.

letmk
03-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Maybe Pop will put stuff in for CoJo when he learns to run the pick and roll.

When Cojo played in the garbage time in previous limited appearances, he was very aggressive and assertive. I understand it IS in garbage time, but he has showed he has the P&R capability.

Pasta Batman
03-07-2013, 04:52 PM

Also, they cut Green and told him to work harder on his game. Then he did, they brought him back, he worked harder once he was there. Now he has a 4 year contract.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2013, 06:08 PM
I wonder who would ask such a stupid question. He scored on jumpers, he scored on cuts, he grabbed rebounds, he blocked out, he made smart passes and he didn't turn the ball over. Why would you change anything?

Oh, by the way, they've averaged 108 points and 29 assists per game with him starting.

pgardn
03-07-2013, 08:44 PM
I heard an interview this morning in which Pop mentioned Joseph every time they attempted to talk about how good Mills was.

pgardn
03-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Oh, by the way, they've averaged 108 points and 29 assists per game with him starting.

What?

So this means...?

Pasta Batman
03-07-2013, 11:16 PM
I heard an interview this morning in which Pop mentioned Joseph every time they attempted to talk about how good Mills was.

Makes sense since he was brought up because Neal's been banged up and he hasn't been impressed enough with Nando/Mills.

Spursfanfromafar
03-07-2013, 11:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssu3HlBijPY

Nice video showing how Joseph is quite disruptive on defense and instinctive on offense; as evidenced from his game against the Pistons recently.

Kidd K
03-08-2013, 12:44 AM
^Thanks for posting that video man, was an enjoyable watch.

I'm happy with Joseph's progress. I know he's not mega good or anything, but he seems to have improved a lot and become possibly a reliable backup PG.

dylankerouac
03-08-2013, 01:12 AM
Agreed, thanks for the video. Cory looking nice out there, especially with that steal.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2013, 02:29 AM
What?

So this means...?

It means, there's not really any reason to change the offense to start running plays for Cory Joseph.

Try to keep up.

pgardn
03-08-2013, 07:44 AM
It means, there's not really any reason to change the offense to start running plays for Cory Joseph.

Try to keep up.

Oh the stats seal it.
Bravo.

pgardn
03-08-2013, 07:49 AM
Makes sense since he was brought up because Neal's been banged up and he hasn't been impressed enough with Nando/Mills.

Yes. And this is notable coming from Pop. He would not let the conversation end with how well Mills shot.

Spursfan092120
03-08-2013, 08:06 AM
IT'S CORY!!!

therealtruth
03-08-2013, 08:50 AM
I wonder what the defensive stats are with CJ in the lineup.

racm
03-08-2013, 09:05 AM
I wonder what the defensive stats are with CJ in the lineup.

The current starting five of Joseph/Green/Leonard/Duncan/Splitter has a defensive rating of 72.4 (small sample size though). That's scary elite.

KL2
03-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm loving what I'm seeing from Cojo, defensively he seems to be levels ahead of De Colo and Mills, he does an okay job of running the offense and shooting the ball too.

He could be huge for this team, not only taking up the backup pg duties but being able to defend the likes of Cp3, Westbrook, Bledose, (insert pg scrub's name here) who burns the Spurs. The Spurs are fucked with Neal/DC/PM at the point, Joseph's defensive ability and just not fucking up gives me great hope.

SpursRock20
03-08-2013, 09:49 AM
IT'S CORY!!!

IT'S CURTIS!!!

iminol
03-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Cory, Patty, Timmy, Tony, Matty?! We need to stop. It's dangerous.

SpursRock20
03-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Cory, Patty, Timmy, Tony, Matty?! We need to stop. It's dangerous.

Don't forget Gary and Danny!

Pasta Batman
03-08-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm loving what I'm seeing from Cojo, defensively he seems to be levels ahead of De Colo and Mills, he does an okay job of running the offense and shooting the ball too.

He could be huge for this team, not only taking up the backup pg duties but being able to defend the likes of Cp3, Westbrook, Bledose, (insert pg scrub's name here) who burns the Spurs. The Spurs are fucked with Neal/DC/PM at the point, Joseph's defensive ability and just not fucking up gives me great hope.

That's the thing. You could run him with Manu who runs the offense anyway, but get good D, good shooter (standing in the corner) out of it. And if they try and chase him off the shot, he could dribble (shoot/pass). That makes him very versatile. He's least likely to commit the turnover/make the right decision compared to the other guards trying to pull in those minutes.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Having Mills there to step in and do the good things a healthy Gary Neal did offensively is huge. Having an actual backup point guard to play good defense and take care of the ball, thereby freeing up Mills to do what he do is beyond huge.

pgardn
03-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Having Mills there to step in and do the good things a healthy Gary Neal did offensively is huge. Having an actual backup point guard to play good defense and take care of the ball, thereby freeing up Mills to do what he do is beyond huge.

This is spot on IMO.

And not just Mills.

Leonard has been allowed to dribble more and try things he could not with Parker.