PDA

View Full Version : North Korea threatens to nuke D.C.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks Rodman!

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Foreign-Policy/2013/0307/North-Korea-threatens-to-nuke-D.C.-why-it-s-especially-angry-this-time?nav=87-frontpage-entryLeadStory

z0sa
03-07-2013, 03:32 PM
How will they reach us?

Jacob1983
03-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Gerard Butler will save us.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-07-2013, 05:12 PM
How will they reach us?

I would assume gyro-guided ICBM which seems like an empty threat. To my knowledge this is the first time they have threatened something like this though.

Spurminator
03-07-2013, 07:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9ulmY7U.jpg

hater
03-07-2013, 08:11 PM
empty threat.

still if there would be a remote possibility it was doable there is not much US can do, I'm sure they are ready for a nuclear retaliation plan in case of attack.

spursncowboys
03-07-2013, 08:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9ulmY7U.jpg
:lmao

spursncowboys
03-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Thanks Rodman!

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Foreign-Policy/2013/0307/North-Korea-threatens-to-nuke-D.C.-why-it-s-especially-angry-this-time?nav=87-frontpage-entryLeadStory
It's probably because stephenapolous was being so mean to his bff that lil kim decided it

Nbadan
03-07-2013, 08:20 PM
dp

Nbadan
03-07-2013, 08:21 PM
When did Lil Kim Jr. get a missile that can reach Washington?

On a side note, could someone just give Korea an ICBM already?

Wild Cobra
03-07-2013, 08:23 PM
When did Lil Kim Jr. get a missile that can reach Washington?

His people can make things just like any other slave.

On a side note, could someone just give Korea a missile already?

You think we haven't? Trust me, there are plenty of US physical war assets in S. Korea.

hater
03-07-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm sure there are dozens of nukes sitting just miles from N Korean border ready to be launched. It would probably take less than 5 minutes from green light to N Korean holocaust.

Nbadan
03-07-2013, 08:26 PM
His people can make things just like any other slave.

You think he has a nuke-ready ICBM that can reach Washington? Seriously?

Nbadan
03-07-2013, 08:27 PM
You think we haven't? Trust me, there are plenty of US physical war assets in S. Korea.

I was talking about North Korea

Wild Cobra
03-07-2013, 08:32 PM
I doubt it will function any better than their previous attempts. With as large of a disgruntled slave like workforce he has, it only takes one mistake to fuck things up. To think he doesn't have ICBM knowledge and capability would be rather ignorant. We did it less than 50 years ago. Alloys and fuels are better today. With the likes of wikileakers, think he wouldn't have the knowledge if he wanted it?

BobaFett1
03-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Man I think we need to wipe this basturd out. Fucker is nuts.

BobaFett1
03-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Porky the Great Leader Pig just does not get it does he. The problem is that he and his psychopath buddy in Iran are just stupid enough to try something.

BobaFett1
03-07-2013, 08:55 PM
http://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.59460.1273633194!/image/1182023104.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/1182023104.jpg

BobaFett1
03-07-2013, 08:58 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/34600235.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
03-07-2013, 09:03 PM
It has to do with the guidance system and not the materials. Google it and try again like you normally do.

BobaFett1
03-07-2013, 09:06 PM
It has to do with the guidance system and not the materials. Google it and try again like you normally do.

The Boognish

FuzzyLumpkins
03-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Sup bobo

Nbadan
03-07-2013, 10:38 PM
In other news, ....I told you North Korea is crazy....not nuke Washington crazy, but get the fuck out of Korea...yeah....

Nbadan
03-07-2013, 11:02 PM
ready....set....go...

North Korea is cancelling a hotline and a nonaggression pact with South Korea and reiterating past threats in anger over a U.N. Security Council vote to impose more sanctions on the North for its third nuclear test.

The statement the North issued Friday comes after the council leveled tough, new sanctions targeting the North's economy and leadership. North Korea already has threatened of a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the United States.

North Korea says it will retaliate with "crushing strikes" if enemies intrude into its territory. It also says it is voiding past nuclear disarmament statements between North and South Korea.

It previously said it was canceling a hotline with the United States and the armistice that closed the Korean War in 1953

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/03/07/north-korea-cancels-peace-deal.html

That's no idle threat...fucker declared the war back on..see what they did there...

Latarian Milton
03-07-2013, 11:28 PM
north picklebreaths are decades away from acquiring enough technologies to make a nuke and they make a fool of themselves to think their threats could actually scare anyone in the US tbh.

spursncowboys
03-07-2013, 11:33 PM
I don't think he was a working missile that could reach S. Korea. If you think of the type of covert espionage we've done to Iran, it's easy to assume we have done something to NK. They are saying this because they don't have any more missiles to launch.

Nbadan
03-07-2013, 11:40 PM
north picklebreaths are decades away from acquiring enough technologies to make a nuke and they make a fool of themselves to think their threats could actually scare anyone in the US tbh.

they just tested a nuke..and they reportedly have a dozen or more....try and keep up

Nbadan
03-07-2013, 11:41 PM
I don't think he was a working missile that could reach S. Korea

They don't need a missile to reach Seoul...

spursncowboys
03-08-2013, 12:12 AM
they just tested a nuke..and they reportedly have a dozen or more....try and keep up
No they ran out!

FuzzyLumpkins
03-08-2013, 12:31 AM
North Korea has successfully launched a long-range rocket, defying international warnings.

The Unha-3 rocket, launched at 09:49 local time (00:49 GMT), appears to have followed its planned trajectory, with stages falling in expected areas.

North Korea says a satellite has been placed in orbit; the US confirmed an object had been put into space.

South Korea, the US and Japan have condemned the launch as a disguised test of long-range missile technology.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20690338

They fired one over Japan recently as well. Reaching Seoul would be no problem.

In other news, they have completely sealed the border and have rescinded any peace agreements.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21709917

z0sa
03-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Is war right around the corner?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-08-2013, 01:48 AM
China is denouncing them as well. If there is a war it won't be a long lasting one.

mouse
03-08-2013, 02:17 AM
So let me get the facts here....we invade a country we "think" want to attack us with WMDs, but we stay far away from a country we "know" wants to attack us?

Agloco is this rocket science?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-08-2013, 02:22 AM
If NK didn't have a defense pact with China then they wouldve been deposed long ago.

Winehole23
03-08-2013, 03:55 AM
NK can hit the West Coast. It's not a totally empty threat.

Wild Cobra
03-08-2013, 03:57 AM
NK can hit the West Coast. It's not a totally empty threat.
It is debatable on two accounts.

First, their launch success rate is low.

Second, what is their targeting accuracy?

Winehole23
03-08-2013, 03:58 AM
I have no earthly idea. do you?

Wild Cobra
03-08-2013, 03:59 AM
I have no earthly idea. do you?
Not very well. I just know that they have had several setbacks, and haven't yet seen their accuracy.

Winehole23
03-08-2013, 04:04 AM
I only mentioned it because George Tenet once mentioned it on TV.

this would've been around 2003 or so. Tenet said the unclassified answer to the question, can NK hit the US mainland, is yes.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-08-2013, 04:06 AM
He started with this before

I doubt it will function any better than their previous attempts. With as large of a disgruntled slave like workforce he has, it only takes one mistake to fuck things up. To think he doesn't have ICBM knowledge and capability would be rather ignorant. We did it less than 50 years ago. Alloys and fuels are better today. With the likes of wikileakers, think he wouldn't have the knowledge if he wanted it?

now hes moved onto what he is claiming now. He has no clue whatsoever.

Wild Cobra
03-08-2013, 04:09 AM
I only mentioned it because George Tenet once mentioned it on TV.

this would've been around 2003 or so. Tenet said the unclassified answer to the question, can NK hit the US mainland, is yes.
Yes, they can. If they do launch with that purpose, can ≠ will. Question is, if they try 10 times, how many of those 10 will hit?

All? Some? None?

velik_m
03-08-2013, 06:50 AM
So they will pre-emptively strike US before the US pre-emptively strikes them? Sounds about right...

symple19
03-08-2013, 07:42 AM
lol empty saber rattling per par

symple19
03-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Key here is that China co-authored these sanctions. They also are the primary trade/banking partner with the N. Koreans, meaning these new penalties carry real weight. It shows how pissed off they are with their hermit-like neighbors and signals, imo, that they're as fed up with the bullshit as everyone else.

The other key is history. While the rhetoric has been ramped up this time, it's perfectly in line with how they typically react to international pressure; making threats and stamping their feet like thumb-sucking 5 year olds.

Finally, Kim is still establishing himself among the hard-line military types in the NK political structure. This type of reaction makes their little pee-pee's hard and further his ascension to god-like status alongside daddy and gramps.

Look for 6-party talks in the near future

mouse
03-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Some of you forget about nuclear subs.

NK doesn't have to attack us they can just attack SK and we will send in troops for slaughter.

Wild Cobra
03-08-2013, 08:30 AM
NK has been Saber Rattling for years. Going to now believe the boy who cries wolf?

symple19
03-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Some of you forget about nuclear subs.

NK doesn't have to attack us they can just attack SK and we will send in troops for slaughter.

True, and I agree that if they do attack anyone it will be the ROK's and not us. However, I still find both situations highly unlikley.

Not sure, but I don't think the NK's have the capability to deploy a nuke with their subs.

*edit* - after looking around, their submarines are only capable of deploying torpedoes and mines. Furthermore, they don't have the ability to produce a warhead small enough to place on top of anything other than a giant missile

BobaFett1
03-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Man South Korea is our ally and we have troops there so a strike on SK will be a butt kicking of NK.

TeyshaBlue
03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57573516/north-korea-reportedly-nullifies-armistice/

TDMVPDPOY
03-11-2013, 02:25 PM
its either sk or japan

whitemamba
03-11-2013, 03:43 PM
this is a joke, not that its cool, but the state have bases every where of there and it would rain on NK tbh

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Nuking DC could be a good thing.

Creepn
03-11-2013, 11:56 PM
North Korea's just itching for a fight and a little ass whooping would stop all this nonsense. Sometimes a fight is needed to settle the waters.

RandomGuy
03-12-2013, 05:36 PM
I would assume gyro-guided ICBM which seems like an empty threat. To my knowledge this is the first time they have threatened something like this though.

Not really.

They have said all of this stupid shit before, from what I have read.

It is the first time they have had some almost plausible missles.

Their most recent "nuclear test" was of a weapon smaller than the A-bombs used on Japan. By "smaller" I mean "smaller yield".

Quite frankly, I would not find it all that implausible that they faked it, using massive amounts of conventional explosives.

Even assuming they had a-bombs.. you have to get them small enough to fit on an ICBM, a technical problem in and of itself.

THEN you have to have an ICBM capable of, you know, not exploding in midflight AND capable of hitting a target.

NK has not, to date, demonstrated any such capabilities, just intentions, wildly unsucessful missle launches aside.

RandomGuy
03-12-2013, 05:40 PM
NK has been Saber Rattling for years. Going to now believe the boy who cries wolf?

Cheonan

Yeonpyeong

Their rattling is not entirely something to think won't happen.

RandomGuy
03-12-2013, 05:52 PM
China is denouncing them as well. If there is a war it won't be a long lasting one.

That is actually something that has changed.

The Chinese have very clearly had it with NK too, and have been very uncharactoristically public with it.

China might very likely muzzle its chihuahua.

Moreover, last month China endorsed a UN Security Council resolution condemning December’s rocket launch, and warned North Korea not to conduct a nuclear test. A Communist Party newspaper argued that if it went ahead, China should “reduce its assistance”, which, in the form of fuel and food, keeps North Korea going. In Seoul, Shi Yinhong, a scholar in international relations at Renmin University in Beijing, called it nonsense to suggest that China was beginning to see North Korea as less of a strategic asset and more of a liability. North Korea, he said, had always been a liability, ever since 1950, when Kim Jong Un’s grandfather started the Korean war, embroiling China. Now, however, China’s indulgence appears to be stretched to breaking point. It shocked and angered the Pyongyang authorities by supporting the UN resolution on North Korea’s rocket launch.

Even Mr Shi, however, thinks it neither likely nor desirable that China would cut the Kim dynasty loose. Continued influence allows China at least to try to moderate North Korean behaviour. It still sees North Korea as an important buffer between China and the American troops in South Korea. China fears chaos and regime collapse more than it does a nuclear-armed North Korea.

So, true to form, China now seems ready to indulge its neighbour. Global Times, the paper that had threatened punishment, now argues that China should give North Korea a ticking off but that “the warning should be one that informs a strategic friend about China’s bottom line. China cannot join the camp of the US, South Korea and Japan, by making North Korea China’s enemy.”

http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21572196-north-korea-blusters-world-flounders-its-hunt-response-north-wind-and
SK elected a very hardline leader following a couple of high-profile attacks. If NK deciced to do something after the US-SK exercises are over, there is a good chance SK would do soemthing about it, and that would be very dangerous.

That is what is different than the past.

The Chinese no longer see them as worth the trouble, and the SK government is getting fed up at its dinky ass neighbor as well.

SK's influence on China grows with each new trade that goes back and forth.

Oddly, if we took our troops out of South Korea, we would free the Chinese to deal with the fucktards once and for all, IMO.

It isn't like we couldn't bomb the snot out of NK with missles anytime we wanted to.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Not really.

They have said all of this stupid shit before, from what I have read.

It is the first time they have had some almost plausible missles.

Their most recent "nuclear test" was of a weapon smaller than the A-bombs used on Japan. By "smaller" I mean "smaller yield".

Quite frankly, I would not find it all that implausible that they faked it, using massive amounts of conventional explosives.

Even assuming they had a-bombs.. you have to get them small enough to fit on an ICBM, a technical problem in and of itself.

THEN you have to have an ICBM capable of, you know, not exploding in midflight AND capable of hitting a target.

NK has not, to date, demonstrated any such capabilities, just intentions, wildly unsucessful missle launches aside.

They have not threatened nuclear strikes before afaik.

They have launched a three stage rocket and delivered a payload into space that was on trajectory and staged correctly. They key is having the guidance system for the way down. They have not demonstrated that. I don't think there is any question that they can lob something at Seoul.

I agree that this is just rhetoric from them though. With China contributing to the denunciation they have to realize that aggression from them would be the end of the Kim dynasty.

Wild Cobra
03-13-2013, 02:56 AM
Cheonan

Yeonpyeong

Their rattling is not entirely something to think won't happen.
Disputed territory. It is understandable for them to do what they did.

Not that I agree with their actions, but depending on one's perspective, it can be claimed as warranted.

Wild Cobra
03-13-2013, 02:58 AM
Nuking DC could be a good thing.
There's a part of me that can't help but agree. Only a very, very small part, but it's there.

TDMVPDPOY
03-13-2013, 03:51 AM
the govt would allow the strike to happen, just like 9/11?

Wild Cobra
03-13-2013, 03:55 AM
the govt would allow the strike to happen, just like 9/11?
If you say so Cosmored.

CosmicCowboy
03-13-2013, 07:11 AM
The US has open borders. If the cartels can get tons of dope into the US every day, NK (or someone else) could get a nuke in without having to use missiles to deploy.

LnGrrrR
03-13-2013, 07:39 AM
The US has open borders. If the cartels can get tons of dope into the US every day, NK (or someone else) could get a nuke in without having to use missiles to deploy.

That might be true, but at ground level the impact would be greatly lessened. Might as well just blow up an IED at that point.

Also, the tons of dope is in smaller, discrete intervals. The only way to get a bomb of appreciable size would be to transmit small amounts of uranium then build a dirty bomb here. But even ONE packet gets found, all of border patrol would immediately go on lockdown.

CosmicCowboy
03-13-2013, 07:53 AM
That might be true, but at ground level the impact would be greatly lessened. Might as well just blow up an IED at that point.

Also, the tons of dope is in smaller, discrete intervals. The only way to get a bomb of appreciable size would be to transmit small amounts of uranium then build a dirty bomb here. But even ONE packet gets found, all of border patrol would immediately go on lockdown.

Meh. They bring in shit by the truckload and container load too.

LnGrrrR
03-13-2013, 07:59 AM
Meh. They bring in shit by the truckload and container load too.

True, but I'm assuming they have some way to test for radioactivity. The bigger the pile, the greater chance it will be detected.

CosmicCowboy
03-13-2013, 09:10 AM
You know what they say about assumptions.

TeyshaBlue
03-13-2013, 09:27 AM
You know what they say about assumptions.

A couple of years ago I was hauling some crap off to the dump after cleaning my parent's garage. 3 weeks before I had undergone a cardiac stress test with radioactive dye.
I set off the radiation detector at the dump ground.:lol

LnGrrrR
03-13-2013, 10:22 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_Portal_Monitor

RandomGuy
03-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Disputed territory. It is understandable for them to do what they did.

Not that I agree with their actions, but depending on one's perspective, it can be claimed as warranted.

I was merely pointing out that their temper tantrums can be quite lethal.

They are not the "boy who cried wolf", as you asserted.

Wild Cobra
03-13-2013, 01:09 PM
That does no good when they would simply go around such points.

Wild Cobra
03-13-2013, 01:10 PM
I was merely pointing out that their temper tantrums can be quite lethal.

They are not the "boy who cried wolf", as you asserted.
Those incidents were right off their shores. Not disputed territory.

DMC
03-13-2013, 06:48 PM
One day we will carpet bomb them and then there will be a "yay!" collectively from the audience, then silence, then the accusations of war mongering and there must be oil in NK else we wouldn't be there.

Agloco
03-13-2013, 10:49 PM
True, but I'm assuming they have some way to test for radioactivity.

:tu

:tu

Agloco
03-13-2013, 10:51 PM
That does no good when they would simply go around such points.

How would that be accomplished?

mavs>spurs
03-13-2013, 10:52 PM
One day we will carpet bomb them and then there will be a "yay!" collectively from the audience, then silence, then the accusations of war mongering and there must be oil in NK else we wouldn't be there.
you're way smarter than that. NWO and corruption are very real..there are reasons why we invade the countries we do, and it isn't purely about oil and it sure isn't about doing the right thing. look into it and research it is all i'm saying, our government is hijacked by evil interests. i'll start you off with just one topic to look up:

north american union