Koolaid_Man
03-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Iverson
30ppg 5.5apg 4.5rpg 40%fg 80%ft

Chimbrook
24ppg 7.8apg 5.3rpg 44%fg 80%ft

Who's better?

don't be fooled chimp would average close to 30ppg or more in his own team

stop it please..WB cannot nor will he ever carry a team like AI did...plus the refs aren't in a league-wide conspiracy to cheat against him like Tim Donaughy admitted to the FBI they did to Iverson....

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2013, 09:33 PM
if rose can lead his team to the ecf with a team built around him with that sort of play style

i dont see how the same could also be done with westbrick

hater
03-07-2013, 09:38 PM
yup and look at Harden, he'd probably take the rockets to the 2nd round in the East. and that's with scrubs like Lin and Delfino

people forget the East was probably even more shittier back then

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2013, 09:39 PM
if rose can lead his team to the ecf with a team built around him with that sort of play style

i dont see how the same could also be done with westbrick

see that's the difference between Kobe and all these other cats...he didn't need another Superstar to win a title...AI, McGrady, Rose, Westbrook, Durant, Lebron, Melo, all need another star to win...Kobe won back2back with just a decent team....the last person to do that was Hakeem....

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2013, 09:48 PM
see that's the difference between Kobe and all these other cats...he didn't need another Superstar to win a title...AI, McGrady, Rose, Westbrook, Durant, Lebron, Melo, all need another star to win...Kobe won back2back with just a decent team....the last person to do that was Hakeem....

wtf

Juggity
03-07-2013, 10:07 PM
^Kool with a hall-of-retarded-fame post so brazen that he left even TDMVPDOPY scratching his head

:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2013, 10:20 PM
wtf

Shaq was the only prime Superstar Kobe ever played with....and Kobe proved that he could win without him...back2back no Shaq....if you're not a 1st ballot HOF'er you're not a Superstar so Gasol doesn't qualify...in fact before he came to LA he was 0-12...

My statement stands

hater
03-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Duncan won without a 1st ballot player dumbass

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Duncan won without a 1st ballot player dumbass

^ negative...Manu and Parker are both 3 time champions and are both 1st ballot HOF'ers....they've always maintained their high level of play as All-Stars...they've never fallen off in the eyes of the fans or media unlike Gasol....

hater
03-07-2013, 10:29 PM
.Manu and Parker are both 3 time champions and are both 1st ballot HOF'ers....

:lmao

idiot

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2013, 10:47 PM
idiot thinks pau gasol was a scrub who gave them 2 rings...watta clown

BatManu20
03-07-2013, 10:58 PM

Lol come on man, don't be a Laker troll..

Latarian Milton
03-08-2013, 12:45 AM
iverson was rather overrated because of his pale stats imho. dude was impressive for his size though and he was made a role model by the league to encourage common fans who were just about the same sizes as AI to participate in this game imho.

Koolaid_Man
03-08-2013, 07:12 AM
idiot thinks pau gasol was a scrub who gave them 2 rings...watta clown

Gasol could not have played in no other NBA era except the no hand check, no real dominant big men era of today. There's not a sane Spurs players alive that would trade a prime Manu or Parker for a prime Gasol.

Prime Gasol was garbage...he was better than Kwame, and he had a few highlights that mad ESPN but he was still Garbage...Kobe made him look better than he actually was....even though I'm not from the streets..real niggas from the streets know the deal....Gasol was just a modern day Sean ******...good but not great...

My statement stands...Kobe is the only superstar since Hakeem to win a title with no other Superstar....Manu and Tony are both NBA Superstars at least one of them is...

ambchang
03-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Iverson by about a country mile. Iverson had an over the hill mutombo and snow. Westbrook has Durant and harden for the same result (that is getting anihilated by a super stacked team in the finals).

Iverson ballhogs the team to the finals, Westbrook ballhogs the team out of the finals.

Raven
03-08-2013, 08:10 AM
westchuck easily.

Raven
03-08-2013, 08:12 AM

solid tbh 7/10 :lol

resistanze
03-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Frogger would fall apart with the amount of contact The Answer absorbed.

ambchang
03-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Gasol could not have played in no other NBA era except the no hand check, no real dominant big men era of today. There's not a sane Spurs players alive that would trade a prime Manu or Parker for a prime Gasol.

Prime Gasol was garbage...he was better than Kwame, and he had a few highlights that mad ESPN but he was still Garbage...Kobe made him look better than he actually was....even though I'm not from the streets..real niggas from the streets know the deal....Gasol was just a modern day Sean ******...good but not great...

My statement stands...Kobe is the only superstar since Hakeem to win a title with no other Superstar....Manu and Tony are both NBA Superstars at least one of them is...

:lol 9/10

JamStone
03-08-2013, 10:37 AM
It could actually be a tough call because Westbrook is pretty much the same type of player as Iverson except bigger and maybe even slightly more athletic. On paper, you could argue Westbrook would be every bit as good or better because of that. But there's something intangible and unquantifiable that made Iverson the great player he was. Yes, he was a volume chucker and a ball hog. But the reason I was an Iverson fan was the way he played like every play was his last. He was as tough as anyone in the league, especially when you considered his size. And I also question if Westbrook could take the amount of punishment Iverson took and still play great. I would take prime Iverson over Westbrook easily and not think twice about it. Not based on statistics or size or athleticism. But if I'm going to have a volume chucker lead my team, I'd just prefer Iverson over Westbrook.

SupremeGuy
03-08-2013, 11:14 AM
see that's the difference between Kobe and all these other cats...he didn't need another Superstar to win a title...AI, McGrady, Rose, Westbrook, Durant, Lebron, Melo, all need another star to win...Kobe won back2back with just a decent team....the last person to do that was Hakeem....:downspin:

Clipper Nation
03-08-2013, 11:16 AM
see that's the difference between Kobe and all these other cats...he didn't need another Superstar to win a title...
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Splits
03-08-2013, 11:23 AM
the last person to do that was Hakeem....

Drexler, while possibly the worst color commentator in the history of televised sports, was a 1st ballot HOF, dream team member, and top-50 all time player.

I guess that makes Kobe the GOAT.

Got it.

Clipper Nation
03-08-2013, 11:24 AM
BTW, I would take Iverson over Westbrick easily, tbh.... in his late prime, he was a comparable passer to Westbrick (about 7 assists per game) but also a better and more efficient scorer, and a much better defender....

Iverson was also a leader and a true competitor..... Westbrick could never even dream of doing what AI did with that '01 Sixers team, tbh....

I usually can't stand inefficient chuckers as a rule, but I have two exceptions: Jamal Crawford (some of the shots he makes are insane and his handles are incredible, so I'm willing to look past the chucking), and Allen Iverson....

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-08-2013, 11:25 AM
It could actually be a tough call because Westbrook is pretty much the same type of player as Iverson except bigger and maybe even slightly more athletic. On paper, you could argue Westbrook would be every bit as good or better because of that. But there's something intangible and unquantifiable that made Iverson the great player he was. Yes, he was a volume chucker and a ball hog. But the reason I was an Iverson fan was the way he played like every play was his last. He was as tough as anyone in the league, especially when you considered his size. And I also question if Westbrook could take the amount of punishment Iverson took and still play great. I would take prime Iverson over Westbrook easily and not think twice about it. Not based on statistics or size or athleticism. But if I'm going to have a volume chucker lead my team, I'd just prefer Iverson over Westbrook.
This tbh. If I want a 2nd or 3rd wheel, then I'll take Westbrook since he's not a liability on defense and he's more of a threat off the ball than AI was, but I'd easily take AI if we're talking which one can lead his team to more wins and deeper playoff runs by chucking and going 1 on 5 at crucial moments. Westbrook's total lack of intangibles and "it" factor makes me incapable of seeing him ever lead a team to the finals, even in a watered down 2001 Eastern Conference. Even with his attitude problems and baggage, Iverson struck me as a much smarter player and as a much better leader than Westbrook is.

resistanze
03-08-2013, 11:34 AM
ypmr7jrqUaE

AI was a chucker but replace him with Westbrook in 2001 and they lose to the Raptors in the 2nd round, tbh.

hater
03-08-2013, 12:11 PM

Chimp hasn't missed a game in his life. So far in durability Chimpbrook > Jesus Christ

IMO it's a close call. I take Iverson for his leadership and 4th quarter clutchness. But Chimp might be the all around superior player due to his freak chimpness.

mindcrime
03-08-2013, 12:20 PM

Sometimes I forget how utterly lame player nicknames are. The Answer, The Truth, The Matrix, The Rapist.... List goes on and on.

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Iverson's poor efficiency is often referenced against him in arguments, but it should be noted that AI's shooting %s increased dramatically in the post-handchecking era, tbh..an increase of 3+% in his TS% is a notable increase..

resistanze
03-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Chimp hasn't missed a game in his life. So far in durability Chimpbrook > Jesus Christ.
But he never faced the physicality AI faced, my initial point. There would be a record amount of flagrants called if he did, tbh

DAF86
03-08-2013, 12:38 PM

I don't know why I'm responding to you but... Duncan in '99, '03, '05, '07 (but if you want to argue that Robinson was a superstar in '99 and Manu and Tony in '05 and '07 you still have '03 and that's not debatable), Dirk in '11, heck the Pistons in '04 didn't even have 1 superstar and last but no least Shaq in '00 (lol Kobe's 15 ppg on the finals :lol)

benefactor
03-08-2013, 01:00 PM
westchuck easily.
Don't post anymore. Thanks.

hater
03-08-2013, 01:25 PM
But he never faced the physicality AI faced, my initial point. There would be a record amount of flagrants called if he did, tbh

the same thing could be said about Lebron or any other current player. In the end it's just assumption

resistanze
03-08-2013, 01:30 PM
the same thing could be said about Lebron or any other current player. In the end it's just assumption
Well it's a hypothetical question b/w players who didn't play @ the same time, so yes it's an assumption. Who's to say Westbrook wouldn't acquire amazing leadership skills as the number one option? But I sure as hell don't think so.

DMC
03-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Both had the green light and took too many shots. AI had Larry Brown. RW hasn't had a decent coach yet. When he gets one, he won't be taking 30 shots a game.

hater
03-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Well it's a hypothetical question b/w players who didn't play @ the same time, so yes it's an assumption. Who's to say Westbrook wouldn't acquire amazing leadership skills as the number one option? But I sure as hell don't think so.

I don't understand the basis for your assumption. AI was built like a teenage girl with leukemia. Chimpanzee is built like a bulldog, Lebron lite if I may.

Raven
03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Don't post anymore. Thanks.

there is really no acceptable argument, westchuck is as fast as iverson, just as atlethic, has pretty much the same offensive talent maybe slightly less, but weschuck is far stronger and far taller, westchimp is basically the worst possible matchup for iverson, kind of like lebron is durant's kryptonite... i accept arguments against parker, cp3 or others, but weschuck would destroy him.

chunticakes
03-08-2013, 03:07 PM
there is really no acceptable argument, westchuck is as fast as iverson, just as atlethic, has pretty much the same offensive talent maybe slightly less, but weschuck is far stronger and far taller, westchimp is basically the worst possible matchup for iverson, kind of like lebron is durant's kryptonite... i accept arguments against parker, cp3 or others, but weschuck would destroy him.

i don't think anyone is talking about iverson vs westbrick one on one...it's actually an argument of who is the better overall player...which happens to be iverson at this juncture.

fortunately for you, hater, and other westbrook lovers, there's still time for him to improve.

Koolaid_Man
03-08-2013, 05:06 PM

you remind me of OKC's retarded looking center....can't think of his name...ohh I got it Hasheem Thabeet...just a downright ignorant ass take....:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't know why I'm responding to you but... Duncan in '99, '03, '05, '07 (but if you want to argue that Robinson was a superstar in '99 and Manu and Tony in '05 and '07 you still have '03 and that's not debatable), Dirk in '11, heck the Pistons in '04 didn't even have 1 superstar and last but no least Shaq in '00 (lol Kobe's 15 ppg on the finals :lol)

My arguement starts with the premise of at least 1 Superstar so you can rule out the Pistons....Jason Kidd is 1st Ballot HOF whereas Gasol is not

resistanze
03-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't understand the basis for your assumption. AI was built like a teenage girl with leukemia. Chimpanzee is built like a bulldog, Lebron lite if I may.

Being built doesn't mean you can withstand a physical style of play, tbh. I guess you simply took my comment to say 'Westbrook would get injured in AI's role' but I was referring to how effective of a player he'd be for his team.

Koolaid_Man
03-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Drexler, while possibly the worst color commentator in the history of televised sports, was a 1st ballot HOF, dream team member, and top-50 all time player.

I guess that makes Kobe the GOAT.

Got it.

Hakeem won without Drexler....and won with him...but he won without him first....

Killakobe81
03-08-2013, 05:16 PM

Dirk played with KIDD (1st ballot), (sorry Vince did not play on that squad)
Pistons had none
Duncan won in 2003 with no current superstar true enough ... but Robinson was still a future HOF'er ...who guarded the centers Duncan would not or could not (shaq)
Shaq not only had Kobe in 2000 (but shaq was the man) but Glen Rice who may also get in mostly due to college play but was a legit all-star who even won a ASG MVP IIRC ...

And yes I get Kidd (and David) were past their primes but very few teams have won a title since 1980 without at LEAST TWO future HOF'ers ... Pistons '04 and Rockets (first title) are the only obvious exceptions tbh ...

It's my 2 or more HOF'er theory ...

Koolaid_Man
03-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Being built doesn't mean you can withstand a physical style of play, tbh. I guess you simply took my comment to say 'Westbrook would get injured in AI's role' but I was referring to how effective of a player he'd be for his team.

Westbrook doesn't have the mental strength to be good as AI...WB's recent meltdown's over small petulant shit is very telling....he couldn't deal with real shit like AI did with refs systematically cheating on him....with the 76'ers owner's brother stealing money out of his locker during games...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/news/2001/news.croce.html

Westbrook cannot lead a team on his own like AI did...he carried his team..even though it was in the East...AI was true warrior and in my opinion because he proved himself by playing against a prime Kobe I give him the total nod over WB....All these young guards today couldn't fuck with a prime A.I that lil nigga was a monster..I for one won't forget...nor am I impressed with WB..he's fast but a prime AI would have torn CP3, WB, and Rose a new asshole...

AI dropped ~50 on Shaq and Kobe in game 1 of the finals with a bunch of scrubs...that lil nigga will always have my respect....

Koolaid_Man
03-08-2013, 05:29 PM
AI vs Shaq and Kobe

lil nigga was real http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmi91E3SMiI

ElNono
03-08-2013, 07:06 PM
AI every time. Jammy pretty much said it all.

Sportstudi
03-08-2013, 07:07 PM

Gasol is a 1st ballot HOF. It's not the NBA HOF, it's the international basketball HOF. He gets there easily for his international play and because of that, he will be 1st ballot.

Sportstudi
03-08-2013, 07:09 PM

Which superstar did Dirk have? Don't tell me now about a 38y-old Jason Kidd. It wasn't the JKidd from his NJ days.

Sportstudi
03-08-2013, 07:13 PM

:tu

Koolaid_Man
03-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Which superstar did Dirk have? Don't tell me now about a 38y-old Jason Kidd. It wasn't the JKidd from his NJ days.

Jason Kidd is 1st ballot and he played like it in 2011

Koolaid_Man
03-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Gasol is a 1st ballot HOF. It's not the NBA HOF, it's the international basketball HOF. He gets there easily for his international play and because of that, he will be 1st ballot.

He's not 1st ballot...he has no gold medals

Sportstudi
03-08-2013, 07:30 PM
He's not 1st ballot...he has no gold medals

:lmao :lmao :lmao

no matter how you want to spin it, Gasol will be a 1st ballot and thus, all your stupid argumentation is invalid :lol

Sportstudi
03-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Jason Kidd is 1st ballot and he played like it in 2011

:lol I won't deny that JK is 1st ballot, but don't tell me now he was playing in 2011 like during is NJ days. He was solid in 2011, but for sure not as good as he once was.

hater
03-08-2013, 08:26 PM
I heard Popular Science will publish an article next month on the fusion of Kool's chin muscles to Kobe's scrotum. They gonna call it Koolaid Man's Syndrome

whitemamba
03-08-2013, 08:27 PM
I heard Popular Science will publish an article next month on the fusion of Kool's chin muscles to Kobe's scrotum. They gonna call it Koolaid Man's Syndrome

were u the beta for that test?

Latarian Milton
03-08-2013, 08:58 PM
iverson had more glamor at westchuck's age but if you had a 1on1 match between these two, westchuck would pwn AI's monkey ass with ease imho. frog mutant is more athletic, has a higher shooting point as well as better shooting skills, and his deficiency in basketball IQ would be minimized in a 1vs.1 match.

chunticakes
03-08-2013, 09:07 PM
iverson had more glamor at westchuck's age but if you had a 1on1 match between these two, westchuck would pwn AI's monkey ass with ease imho. frog mutant is more athletic, has a higher shooting point as well as better shooting skills, and his deficiency in basketball IQ would be minimized in a 1vs.1 match.

you see, this lil nigg knows what hes talking about.

Expert
03-08-2013, 10:02 PM
you see, this lil nigg knows what hes talking about.

No, he's wrong. Trust me on this; I know.

ambchang
03-08-2013, 11:16 PM

Pulease ... Russell couldn't even dominate Parker. Iverson was quicker, more athletic, and more dominant than Parker could ever be.

On the other hand, Iverson wouldn't defend Westbrook, Eric Snow would.

ffadicted
03-09-2013, 12:41 AM
what a fucking joke of a thread