PDA

View Full Version : Drug fiend friends, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Has anybody ever had to deal with an old friend that eventually fell into the fiend game, tbh?..

I've dealt with many drug dealer friends that inevitably fucked up, it's common in poverish areas, but this is the first time I've personally been affected by the other end of the spectrum..I was recently approached by a childhood friend that has been a fiend for 3-4 years now..he disappeared with some girl around that time, I've only been seeing him 2-3 times a year since that point(he would appear at birthdays and parties), where he looked worse every subsequent encounter..

He has been trying to rekindle his friendship with us, attempting to appear sincere about a life change, but I'm not convinced, tbh..one of my boys had been letting him stay at his house, but after he began disappearing for stretches on and off, we found out he was still fucking with Fentanyl..my friend kicked him out, he arrived to get his shit today..

Anybody have experience with this shit?..at what point did you completely cut them off?..

FuzzyLumpkins
03-08-2013, 01:42 AM
If he is cooking patches then he is a lost cause. Until he kicks and is off for awhile then you either need to babysit him to make sure he kicks or have him fuck off.

There are functional junkies. I have known a couple but if he doesn't have an income then he will steal your shit. If you have ever seen a junkie go through DT's you know why.

J.T.
03-08-2013, 04:30 AM
Cut him off now. If he's sincere about a life change, then he needs to go to like a 90-day rehab facility. There's a lot of stigma with that, but I've seen it work for a few friends who went way further down the rabbit hole than I did. Even if he won't go to rehab, getting kicked out by your childhood friends should be enough to kickstart the recovery process. Most of the time when you turn to friends like that, it's because you're too ashamed to go to family and if he doesn't want to go to his family, getting kicked out by you guys should do it.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2013, 06:56 AM
try a sibling man, wasted all this money and shit trying to get them to quit, but they think they are topshit, king of the streets trying out free samples and being a pusher and shit of these dealers...

what goes around, comes around eventually

Leetonidas
03-08-2013, 07:38 AM
My brother is a junkie. Shit sucks. All the years of his shit has made me literally hate him. He's been staying at the Haven for Hope for almost a fucking year, and has had 3 jobs or more in that time and quit all of them due to him thinking he needs to be paid more for whatever kitchen work he's doing (lolwat you're a homeless drug addict) or he got fired. It's extremely pathetic. I've come to find that there really is nothing you can do to make them change at a certain point, they have to really want to change for themselves, not because their friends and family hate them now.

My best friend also got hooked on that fake pot for awhile...I used to think it was no big deal but come to find that shit is massively addictive both mentally and physically and leads to a variety of health issues that almost immediately disappear upon quitting. I'm glad he's off that shit now, he was literally turning into a zombie.

I also have another friend, not as close, but he got hooked on meth, and I saw him with his dealer not too long ago (his guy also sells bud, I wanted a quad to make some cash off someone else)...he was fucking crazy man, I was talking to my friend in the backseat as the dude up front was weighing it out and he looked up all quick and yelled at him to quit moving in this crazed voice. I found out later that my friend thought the TVs were sending secret messages to him and that he was a psychic messiah who would read people's minds...

Drugs are bad guys

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2013, 08:36 AM
My brother is a junkie. Shit sucks. All the years of his shit has made me literally hate him. He's been staying at the Haven for Hope for almost a fucking year, and has had 3 jobs or more in that time and quit all of them due to him thinking he needs to be paid for (lolwat you're a homeless drug addict) or he got fired. It's extremely pathetic. I've come to find that there really is nothing you can do to make them change at a certain point, they have to really want to change for themselves, not because their friends and family hate them now.

My best friend also got hooked on that fake pot for awhile...I used to think it was no big deal but come to find that shit is massively addictive both mentally and physically and leads to a variety of health issues that almost immediately disappear upon quitting. I'm glad he's off that shit now, he was literally turning into a zombie.

I also have another friend, not as close, but he got hooked on meth, and I saw him with his dealer not too long ago (his guy also sells bud, I wanted a quad to make some cash off someone else)...he was fucking crazy man, I was talking to my friend in the backseat as the dude up front was weighing it out and he looked up all quick and yelled at him to quit moving in this crazed voice. I found out later that my friend thought the TVs were sending secret messages to him and that he was a psychic messiah who would read people's minds...

Drugs are bad guys

most of my friends are either in jail, dead or still thug lovin even in their 30s, even with responsibility like children and family, they stil think they are top shit....

i dont get with these pushers man, wtf is going to look after you and ur family once you go inside? no one, ur just expendable as the next pusher by ur dealer employer

everyone gets rich, but the dumbshits think they are topshit with nothing to show for it....

whats worst are fuckin morons pushing drugs and getting friends hooked onto that shit and becoming another statistic of the drug game...fuck them

these fucken dogs of society with their family problems and shit hate fucken innocent goody two shoe families, will do anything to get their children hooked or drag those family downs with them

jjktkk
03-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Pretty sad tbh. Had a childhood friend, who I haven't talked to in several years, call me out of the blue, and asked if he could borrow 30 bucks. Said he needed it for a hotel, cause the homeless shelter he was staying at was going to kick him out.. I knew he had coke issues back then, but he finished college, got married, had kids, etc..., so I assumed he was okay. Now divorced, homeless, jobless, etc...

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Pretty sad tbh. Had a childhood friend, who I haven't talked to in several years, call me out of the blue, and asked if he could borrow 30 bucks. Said he needed it for a hotel, cause the homeless shelter he was staying at was going to kick him out.. I knew he had coke issues back then, but he finished college, got married, had kids, etc..., so I assumed he was okay. Now divorced, homeless, jobless, etc...

got a friend get rich die trying, him and gf got high on drugs and was DUI, killed some rich clown in another vehicle while his car flip....gf goes to prison for wreckless driving DUI, him? paralyze.....

hate these clowns and their parents always playing the blame game, my kid is perfect etc, but ur family deals fkn drugs and make other problems for other families....

Trill Clinton
03-08-2013, 09:36 AM
naw i can't relate to this, fam.

but more power to ya'll who's friends are going through the struggle.

jag
03-08-2013, 09:40 AM
I heard pego and a couple other members of the MK went through a phase where they were hitting up people on Spurstalk for drugs. Sad times. You can't help but feel bad for people like that.

spursfan09
03-08-2013, 09:43 AM
If they are so bad it comes to a point that you have to just back off and let them be. Nothing you do or say will keep them from wanting to do what makes them feel good. They are addicted. Hopefully they hit such a low point that they try to turn it around, but sometimes they hit rock bottom and stay there even if people try to intervene.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2013, 10:16 AM
u know whats fcked up, kicking them out of the house doesnt solve the problem if they are going to hustle in a very populated area that everyone knows you or your family members, they hanging outside ur house cold chicken....bringing shame and embarrassment to the whole family as everyone walks by talking shit out of their asses

the same shit talkers that are pushing drugs onto your kids and shit...fuck them dogs of society

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2013, 10:16 AM
u know whats fcked up, kicking them out of the house doesnt solve the problem if they are going to hustle in a very populated area that everyone knows you or your family members, they hanging outside ur house cold chicken....bringing shame and embarrassment to the whole family as everyone walks by talking shit out of their asses

the same shit talkers that are pushing drugs onto your kids and shit...fuck them dogs of society

BobaFett1
03-08-2013, 10:20 AM
My brother is a junkie. Shit sucks. All the years of his shit has made me literally hate him. He's been staying at the Haven for Hope for almost a fucking year, and has had 3 jobs or more in that time and quit all of them due to him thinking he needs to be paid for (lolwat you're a homeless drug addict) or he got fired. It's extremely pathetic. I've come to find that there really is nothing you can do to make them change at a certain point, they have to really want to change for themselves, not because their friends and family hate them now.

Drugs are bad guys

Great post. Truth. I live in Missouri where Meth is horrible and I can always tell when my customers are high as hell and tweaking. Meth faces.

thispego
03-08-2013, 11:18 AM
I heard pego and a couple other members of the MK went through a phase where they were hitting up people on Spurstalk for drugs. Sad times. You can't help but feel bad for people like that.

lol "heard" :lol

mrsmaalox
03-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Ugh, I've had 5 :( All doctors, a very high risk occupation with easily accessible drugs. One was a diabetic and put himself into a vegetative state with medicinal grade cocaine----it was weird to be going to his lectures one year then be changing his diaper the next. One Australian surgeon who finally offed himself after multiple attempts at rehab for morphine addiction. Then one guy who was an addict even before he went to med school then hooked up with a psycho enabler nurse (he was her second addict husband); she watched him shoot up anything he could get his hands on and just did some serious hand wringing while saying there was nothing she could do----I wrote her off way before he finally OD'd and left her a well off young widow. Then the 4th guy is the only one I had to totally break off my friendship with---- lost his medical license, never stole from me, but he stole from my brother and my roommate; last I heard he is recovered, but homeless and dying of cancer. Then the 5th guy is probably one of the most brilliant trauma surgeons in the state, got hooked in iv Stadol, went to rehab a couple of times before he finally recoverd; we are still friends and I would trust my life (and my family's) in his hands anytime.

monosylab1k
03-08-2013, 01:04 PM
lol "heard" :lol

Yeah tbh i don't get why Jag would say that when there's clear, indisputable proof you PM'ed JT asking for drugs

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2013, 01:25 PM
:lol not surprising, tbh, thispego has the prototypical, frail, pill-popping look IIRC..

Drachen
03-08-2013, 02:06 PM
My buddy was hooked on fentanyl patches, he actually ODed and stopped for a while, then he started to do it again, mixed it with crack but he was super functional about it. He was going to school for a masters in social work, along with counseling licenses. I didn't know about it before he ODed, then when I found out he was doing it again, I confronted him about it and he told me about how much he couldn't kick it. He said that it hurt too much even after he ODed. My wife and I alternated days and took a week and a half off of work and put him on our couch and just took care of him. It was ugly and it came in waves that were sometimes extremely fast. We took his keys and his phone too. It took a week before the pain went away and another few days before the nausea went away and after that he was just really weak for another 2 weeks. He went back home and we had his roommate clean his room before he did and he has been off since.

They have to want it though.

J.T.
03-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Yeah tbh i don't get why Jag would say that when there's clear, indisputable proof you PM'ed JT asking for drugs

Still got the PM too if any scros would like to see how it looks on The New-Look SpursTalk.

Monkey on J.T.'sback
03-08-2013, 06:12 PM
It ain't easy to get back on track for some. I know.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2013, 06:14 PM

even if you lock them up for a few years, they still come out and return to their old habits....

J.T.
03-08-2013, 06:39 PM

I stopped feeding you bananas a long time ago braj

DPG21920
03-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Now, now, nobody called anyone a JT.

J.T.
03-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Now, now, nobody called anyone a JT.

I know you're just quoting Semi-Pro but I never descended into full-blown steal from and freeload off your friends/family status. Was I a dumbass 20 year old kid thinking it was cool to do drugs all the time? Sure. Definitely did get addicted to cocaine for a while and almost died from it but live, learn and don't do it again.

DPG21920
03-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Mos Def. Wasn't making fun - like you said, just quoting Semi-Pro.

Latarian Milton
03-08-2013, 07:57 PM
getting rid of drug addiction ain't gonna be easy my friends and when you have one of your friends being addicted to that shit, its time for you to show him sympathy not hatred tbh. if i had a drug-addicted friend and i had enough money, i would give him all drugs he wants until he reaches a point where he gets bored of that shit and decides to come back. smoking weed or heroin doesn't make one sub-human imho and you shouldn't treat your friends like you're superior to them just because you earn more money tbh

FuzzyLumpkins
03-08-2013, 08:45 PM
My buddy was hooked on fentanyl patches, he actually ODed and stopped for a while, then he started to do it again, mixed it with crack but he was super functional about it. He was going to school for a masters in social work, along with counseling licenses. I didn't know about it before he ODed, then when I found out he was doing it again, I confronted him about it and he told me about how much he couldn't kick it. He said that it hurt too much even after he ODed. My wife and I alternated days and took a week and a half off of work and put him on our couch and just took care of him. It was ugly and it came in waves that were sometimes extremely fast. We took his keys and his phone too. It took a week before the pain went away and another few days before the nausea went away and after that he was just really weak for another 2 weeks. He went back home and we had his roommate clean his room before he did and he has been off since.

They have to want it though.

Props for you and your wife doing that. Helping a junkie kick is no picnic.

J.T.
03-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Bumping this.

Other day I was downtown with some old friends that are back in town for spring break. After leaving 6th street we went to a friend's apartment and eventually another group came over and in their group was this chic I used to know that has definitely descended into like that Wendy chic from Breaking Bad status. Used to be real attractive, energetic personality... you know "alive." Straight zombie mode now. Shit was pretty sad and kind of reminded me of this thread. I'm seriously considering telling her mom about it but don't know if that's stepping on toes a little too much.