PDA

View Full Version : Why

chapnis
03-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Does Pop insist on this shitty Diaw/Bonner frontcourt.

Kool Bob Love
03-08-2013, 10:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4tbZ7xnEjk

hooperflash
03-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Tell me about it, Cory was doing a decent job on Lillard too. I liked what Mills did tonight, offensively, but Lillard went off on him. I wish Pop would stop experimenting with these types of line-ups already.

freetiago
03-08-2013, 10:45 PM
op is an idiot
dont tell the best coach in the nba how to run his team
he knows something we dont

playblair
03-08-2013, 10:47 PM
word bonner is atrocious .................. blair >>>>>>>>>>> bonner ............... ......@ bonner 0 rebounds ...................

KL2
03-08-2013, 10:48 PM
If only we had a 7ft 260lb center that could rebound, set screens, defend/alter shots on the bench we could go to...

Russo21
03-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Stubborn

Pop
03-08-2013, 10:53 PM
op is an idiot
dont tell the best coach in the nba how to run his team
he knows something we dont

If only we had a 7ft 260lb center that could rebound, set screens, defend/alter shots on the bench we could go to...

:lol

chapnis
03-08-2013, 10:54 PM
I normally back Pop 100%, but it seemed like he didn't want to win, playing Bonner like that.

Duncan2177
03-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Wtf does Pop see in Bonner? Weird

TheGoldStandard
03-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Bonner has incriminating photos. Pop being Pop, I've said it before if we lose in the playoffs its because Pop outcoached himself with his stupidity. We did well in the first half and then went away from it.

Chomag
03-08-2013, 11:06 PM

Yep if only...

IT just wouldn't be fair to the team I guess...

TheGoldStandard
03-08-2013, 11:07 PM

Don't worry they'll go to him in the playoffs if panic mode is set off and then next season.

Brunodf
03-08-2013, 11:14 PM
1- Should have played CoJo 40 minutes(Lilard was just 4-10 in 22 minutes vs CoJo).

2- Took Tiago out (just 3 fouls) with 7 minutes left in the 3rd, scoreboard was 64-63(7-6 in the quarter), Blazers scored 26 points to end the quarter.

3- Started the 4th with Bonner/Diaw(Spurs was down by 8), Blazers scored 7-0 in 54 seconds and the game was over.

TheSkeptic
03-08-2013, 11:18 PM
1- Should have played CoJo 40 minutes(Lilard was just 4-10 in 22 minutes vs CoJo).

2- Took Tiago out (just 3 fouls) with 7 minutes left in the 3rd, scoreboard was 64-63(7-6 in the quarter), Blazers scored 26 points to end the quarter.

3- Started the 4th with Bonner/Diaw(Spurs was down by 8), Blazers scored 7-0 in 54 seconds and the game was over.

I'm hoping this is taken into account in the Quick Grades thread. I thought that 3rd foul on Tiago (or more specifically the Bonner/Diaw frontcourt) was the turning point of the game. He maybe should've waited for Tiago to pick up a 4th.

TheGoldStandard
03-08-2013, 11:18 PM

Can someone please lock Bonner in a basement somewhere so that we don't see him come out there in crucial minutes.

Pop
03-08-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm hoping this is taken into account in the Quick Grades thread. I thought that 3rd foul on Tiago (or more specifically the Bonner/Diaw frontcourt) was the turning point of the game. He maybe should've waited for Tiago to pick up a 4th.

Meh his refusal to play a real center to go out of his way to favor Bonner is the real problem more than taking out Tiago or not in this particular instance.

TheSkeptic
03-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Meh his refusal to play a real center to go out of his way to favor Bonner is the real problem more than taking out Tiago or not in this particular instance.

Baynes wasn't active so the only other alternatives tonight were Blair/Diaw, Blair/Bonner, or Bonner/Diaw. Maybe Pop shouldn't have put Baynes on the inactive list, but in light of the players Pop had at his disposal during the game, I (and I'm guessing Brunodf) both think that the sub was a huge tactical error.

playblair
03-08-2013, 11:34 PM
as of today playblair is retiring until blair gets playing time over bonner & becomes apart of the playoff rotation .................

freetiago
03-08-2013, 11:38 PM
im ok with blair over bonner
ideally neither will see the floor
but with the genius headcoach he decides to play them together or with the other turd boris
Blazers run came when Jackson was the tallest guy on the floor
either Lillard gets to the rim when he saw 0 rim presence or they send 3 guys to stop his penetration and he found a 3 or just scored anyway since they were all midgets

TheGoldStandard
03-08-2013, 11:40 PM
im ok with blair over bonner
ideally neither will see the floor
but with the genius headcoach he decides to play them together or with the other turd boris
Blazers run came when Jackson was the tallest guy on the floor
either Lillard gets to the rim when he saw 0 rim presence or they send 3 guys to stop his penetration and he found a 3 or just scored anyway since they were all midgets

Joseph is 21 and hasn't seen much NBA playing time, I'd have played him 40+ minutes until he begged to come out.

Pop
03-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Baynes wasn't active so the only other alternatives tonight were Blair/Diaw, Blair/Bonner, or Bonner/Diaw. Maybe Pop shouldn't have put Baynes on the inactive list, but in light of the players Pop had at his disposal during the game, I (and I'm guessing Brunodf) both think that the sub was a huge tactical error.

Ok good point, didn't pay attention to that.

TheSkeptic
03-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Ok good point, didn't pay attention to that.

No worries. I do think Pop should let Baynes get some floor time though. He couldn't possibly do a worse job than Bonner.

TheGoldStandard
03-08-2013, 11:47 PM
At least Baynes will give you 6 hard fouls. Bonner, well he'll get you a discount for sandwiches.

racm
03-08-2013, 11:50 PM

Duncan getting two fouls in the first messed up the rotation tbh.

TheSkeptic
03-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Duncan getting two fouls in the first messed up the rotation tbh.

It did but the Spurs were seemingly overcoming that since it was a 1 point game when Tiago was subbed out because of his 3rd foul. Diaw's just coming back from a back injury and, well, Bonner's defensive shortcomings are well-documented. Under the circumstances I thought Pop should've waited -or at the very least not taken so long to make subs.

John B
03-09-2013, 01:01 AM
Sometimes I don't see the reason for Pop's madness. Why did we get Baynes if we're not going to use him? He could at least have altered some of the shots. Bonner?? I don't know

Sean Cagney
03-09-2013, 01:03 AM
It did but the Spurs were seemingly overcoming that since it was a 1 point game when Tiago was subbed out because of his 3rd foul. Diaw's just coming back from a back injury and, well, Bonner's defensive shortcomings are well-documented. Under the circumstances I thought Pop should've waited -or at the very least not taken so long to make subs.

Funny some were trying to PUSH BONNER as a good or decent Defender earlier this year and even weeks ago, wonder where they got good defender and this clowns name together from?
Sometimes I don't see the reason for Pop's madness. Why did we get Baynes if we're not going to use him? He could at least have altered some of the shots. Bonner?? I don't know
BONNER JUST SUCKS, I am sick of him on this team along with Blair.

Monkeyboy14
03-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Its probably just for now.. I mean earlier in the year pop was using just a tim, tiago, and diaw rotation. Probably going back to that come playoffs

purist
03-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Hilarious! But right on time. Knee jerk over reaction to a game in the middle of an 82 game season. Y'all are all too predictable.:lol

superbigtime
03-09-2013, 02:36 PM
I really hate this coach sometimes. Most of the time. Bonner is AWFUL. There is absolutely no reason to play him. He sucks ass. Sick of these mish mash lineups. I hate this coach.

purist
03-09-2013, 08:13 PM
I really hate spurs talk sometimes. Most of the time. Takes are AWFUL. There is absolutely no reason to read them. They suck ass. Sick of these mish mash threads. I hate this place. :flag: