PDA

View Full Version : Championship teams don't EVER lose by 20 on their own home court. MUCH LESS 30.

spursmartyr
03-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Championship teams DO NOT give up 46 points in the FOURTH QUARTER to a NON PLAYOFF TEAM on their OWN FUCKING HOME COURT (and 78 in one fucking half at HOME).

Let's face it, guys. The Spurs are a pretender now, and it's not even close. They're not even a second-tier contender. It's seriously time to move on to next year, since this year's trade deadline has come and gone. The Spurs need to make some serious trades and salary cuts, and it's time to begin the rebuilding process.

And on Military Appreciation Night to boot... Spurs' first loss on M.A. Night in the event's history... Welcome to Kim Jong Un's America! :rolleyes

justinandimcool
03-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Not saying Fire Pop and trade everyone, but this loss was a big shot down to earth. This team does not have championship level defense, athleticism, or heart. Top 5 level yes, championship level no. Nothing to be ashamed about though, there's 1 real surefire contender right now. Just because we're not the Heat who can be great every night doesn't mean the sky is falling.

Ibleedslvrnblk
03-09-2013, 02:24 AM
You are right it is over! One game decides it all. I mean the fact a team shot 62% from both in and outside the arc, we should expect that from every tea, the Spurs play. I mean why even play the rest of the season right?

Sean Cagney
03-09-2013, 02:26 AM
Not saying Fire Pop and trade everyone, but this loss was a big shot down to earth. This team does not have championship level defense, athleticism, or heart. Top 5 level yes, championship level no. Nothing to be ashamed about though, there's 1 real surefire contender right now. Just because we're not the Heat who can be great every night doesn't mean the sky is falling.

it is age, they are not that great anymore and I accepted it years ago. For those who think #5 is coming sorry to tell you this is not going to happen! They are a second round or WCF team at most, their run last year incredible and nice run to get to the WCF and surprised us all! I think this raised the bar this year, but they might be a little better than last year but they were streaking last year and blowing EVERYONE out late! This team is not going to do that later this year with Tony out!

I love this team to death but their honest title window closed in 08! That was their last real legit shot at a title with the big three in their prime or near it! I am sorry but no way in hell this team who lost by 30 at home and gave up 136 pts will win a title! I have seen flaws lately that make me sure this is not a title team anymore! Not being negative but seriously there is no way they do itl

SanDiegoSpursFan
03-09-2013, 02:29 AM
Wait for the OKC game. If we roll over, yeah our chances suck. If they show a lot of fight, we still have a chance.

Ibleedslvrnblk
03-09-2013, 02:30 AM
it is age, they are not that great anymore and I accepted it years ago. For those who think #5 is coming sorry to tell you this is not going to happen! They are a second round or WCF team at most, their run last year incredible and nice run to get to the WCF and surprised us all! I think this raised the bar this year, but they might be a little better than last year but they were streaking last year and blowing EVERYONE out late! This team is not going to do that later this year with Tony out!

I love this team to death but their honest title window closed in 08! That was their last real legit shot at a title with the big three in their prime or near it! I am sorry but no way in hell this team who lost by 30 at home and gave up 136 pts will win a title! I have seen flaws lately that make me sure this is not a title team anymore! Not being negative but seriously there is no way they do itl

When fans come to accept that winning a championship every year in unrealistic and that continually putting a great team out there every year then we will see less bridge jumpers. I came to this years ago and if it happens it happens. It is a hard thing do to and the Spurs have odds against them that grow every year but yet they put up 60 wins. Enjoy what you have and not be greedy is the best way to put it. This only applies to those who think the Spurs will it every year.

BatManu20
03-09-2013, 02:49 AM
Obviously this thread is a bit over dramatic, but I've been saying it for months now: The Spurs aren't a legitimate contender this year. And it's not so much that it's our fault tbh, I just don't think we can beat Miami in a 7 game series. I don't think anyone can. I do, however, think we can beat OKC, although I think it'd go 7. Either way, we're not winning the title this year. But, I'm hoping we at least get the opportunity to send the Lakers home in the playoffs, and maybe even OKC. That'd be a pretty good consolation prize imo.

Sean Cagney
03-09-2013, 03:02 AM
When fans come to accept that winning a championship every year in unrealistic and that continually putting a great team out there every year then we will see less bridge jumpers. I came to this years ago and if it happens it happens. It is a hard thing do to and the Spurs have odds against them that grow every year but yet they put up 60 wins. Enjoy what you have and not be greedy is the best way to put it. This only applies to those who think the Spurs will it every year.

I agree, love this team to death and what happens is a bonus to their legacy! They have been good so long! it is hard to win it after your first title team was 99, thats how long they have been great with a team with Tim leading them! In 03 they GOT MANU! They have been great since as well! What other team can say they have won 50 games for so long and been a contender or relevant? NONE! Detroit had a three or four year run, NJ had a three year run! Boston a few years! LA only got up again because of trades which were b.s.! In between that they were not contenders! Heat got the big three, before that? Not much sides 06's fluke win of a title! After that they were not that great for years. OKC drafted well and became a powerhouse the last few years, but how long will that last? Will they have a run the Spurs had for this many years? Doubt it. This Spurs team is special, period.
Obviously this thread is a bit over dramatic, but I've been saying it for months now: The Spurs aren't a legitimate contender this year. And it's not so much that it's our fault tbh, I just don't think we can beat Miami in a 7 game series. I don't think anyone can. I do, however, think we can beat OKC, although I think it'd go 7. Either way, we're not winning the title this year. But, I'm hoping we at least get the opportunity to send the Lakers home in the playoffs, and maybe even OKC. That'd be a pretty good consolation prize imo.HEHEH, yes sir I agree, that would bring a huge smile to my face. If we can send LA home first and foremost that would be great, period end of story.

Spurs4#5
03-09-2013, 03:26 AM
Man y'all need to get the sand out of yalls vaginas...its just a loss in the regular season...get over it and move on

racm
03-09-2013, 03:34 AM
Should have traded Duncan to the Heat for Haslem and Chalmers. No sense in letting an all-time great waste his last productive years with a team guaransheed not to ring.

Imagine LeBron, Wade, and Bosh with the defense and rim protection of a Tim Duncan. Now THAT team would win 72 games.

KL2
03-09-2013, 03:40 AM
Of course this isn't a championship team lol, this team constructed as it is without Parker, their MVP, a top 2 PG, top 10 NBA player, is nothing more than 2nd round playoff fodder.

By the time Parker comes back this team WILL be better (barring injury), mark my words. It looks like the Spurs have already gotten their backup PG (Cojo) thanks to TP's injury, a position which was in dire need of a makeover, Manu is starting to come around, and Kawhi is becoming a scoring threat.

Parker covers a lot of flaws on this team, the way I view it is it forces guys to sink or swim, find ways to do it without Parker, which will make them less dependent on him and overall make players better.

racm
03-09-2013, 03:43 AM
Of course this isn't a championship team lol, this team constructed as it is without Parker, their MVP, a top 2 PG, top 10 NBA player, is nothing more than 2nd round playoff fodder.

By the time Parker comes back this team WILL be better (barring injury), mark my words. It looks like the Spurs have already gotten their backup PG (Cojo) thanks to TP's injury, a position which was in dire need of a makeover, Manu is starting to come around, and Kawhi is becoming a scoring threat.

Parker covers a lot of flaws on this team, the way I view it is it forces guys to sink or swim, find ways to do it without Parker, which will make them less dependent on him and overall make players better.

>implying Parker would have stopped Lillard from going Derrick Rose on the Spurs

John B
03-09-2013, 03:58 AM
Spurs weakness is agaist athletic teams, unfortunately that includes OKC, Heat and if we pass Clippers. We have to control the tempo, slow it down because we have size. Danny needs to play Bowenesque defense on the opposing PG. No way Parker guards Froggy/CP3. And we can't be looking for too many 3s but pound it inside and pass to cutters. We need to avoid long rebounds which starts the fastbreaks. Plus we need heavy dose of intimidations and pushing from SJ and Baynes (we have to play him for this). He needs to use his fouls to hurt any layup attemps. We need some nasty, because that game we just got bullied in our own yard. I like Kawhi's attitude. If we have to dunk it, slam it down and pump some chest. We have to show attitude. And please get Bonner away from the building. He's a magnet for bullies. One look at him people just want to dunk on him. I hope this game is a wakeup call. There's time before the playoffs. Go Spurs Go!

racm
03-09-2013, 03:59 AM
Spurs weakness is agaist athletic teams, unfortunately that includes OKC, Heat and if we pass Clippers. We have to control the tempo, slow it down because we have size. Danny needs to play Bowenesque defense on the opposing PG. No way Parker guards Froggy/CP3. And we can't be looking for too many 3s but pound it inside and pass to cutters. We need to avoid long rebounds which starts the fastbreaks. Plus we need heavy dose of intimidations and pushing from SJ and Baynes (we have to play him for this). He needs to use his fouls to hurt any layup attemps. We need some nasty, because that game we just got bullied in our own yard. I like Kawhi's attitude. If we have to dunk it, slam it down and pump some chest. We have to show attitude. And please get Bonner away from the building. He's a magnet for bullies. One look at him people just want to dunk on him. I hope this game is a wakeup call. There's time before the playoffs. Go Spurs Go!

The team made Aldridge look like Prime Duncan on the block in the first three quarters then Lillard blew the game wide open fwiw

Hard to guard bigs in love with the fadeaway jumper, but it happens.

hater
03-09-2013, 04:03 AM
:lmao spurs are no championship team idiot :lol

Man In Black
03-09-2013, 04:08 AM
Bfd. Much ago about nothing.

So they got hot, if Portland was so good why are they in 10th?

Losses like this remind me of when past Spurs teams would lose to a really hot player. Andre Miller at Cleveland. Jason Terry at Atlanta. TMac with a minute to go scores 10 at Houston Sometimes shit happens. If TP is playing, then perhaps Lillard doesn't have that late game energy to shoot those 3 pointers

DesignatedT
03-09-2013, 04:34 AM
lol

TampaDude
03-09-2013, 04:43 AM
Folks, it's one regular season loss. Time to move on.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

Russo21
03-09-2013, 04:51 AM
If the Mavs win the championship a few years back we can this year.

But yes it was a completely shithouse game. I'd rather go through some adversity now and have time to overcome it, unlike last year where we cruised to 20 straight wins and looking unbeatable only to fall apart in the WCF.

Things seemed to go down too smoothly last year, (even the 96 Bulls lost 2 straight in the finals before winning the title) We need to learn to recover from losses and not just cruise by winning to easily, we'll see how we handle it.

KL2
03-09-2013, 05:01 AM
>implying Parker would have stopped Lillard from going Derrick Rose on the Spurs

I really doubt Lillard would've gone off on TP who's an underrated defender.

Curry 6-17
Paul 1-6
Irving 2-15
etc.

We also could've used his 20+ pts, 8+ assists. Mills who may be the worst defender on this team would be limited to 2 mins instead of the 18 he got today too. TP also averages around 6 FTA per game, possibly more, drawing fouls against the likes of Adridge and Hickson affecting their minutes and taking them out of the game thus allowing the Spurs to increase the lead.

TP's ability to run the offense also would've resulted in the team actually playing like a team allowing the offense to run like a well oiled machine. There are only 4 guys on the roster that can consistently create their own shot, Kawhi, TP, TD, and Manu, everyone else needs Parker to make plays for them.

As you can see, TP has a huge impact on this team.

dbreiden83080
03-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Wait for the OKC game. If we roll over, yeah our chances suck. If they show a lot of fight, we still have a chance.

They are playing without their best player. What did you expect them to play .700 ball over the next month? Hanging on to the 1 seed was always unlikely when Tony went down...

SayTown
03-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Pop needs to make up his damn mind mills or de colo, blair or bonner and roll with it

dbreiden83080
03-09-2013, 08:23 AM

The Heat are at Full strength and lets face it the East is still complete and utter garbage. The East has 1 great team and 4 good but very flawed teams in the Pacers, Knicks, Bulls and Celts. The Bulls had to play the whole season without Rose. The Celts don't have Rondo so they are going nowhere in the playoffs and neither are the Bulls. Heat had a pretty easy ride to the top of the east this year..

Horse
03-09-2013, 08:52 AM
You are right but this is not a championship team that lost last night, that team includes Tony Parker, he did not play and every and I mean EVERY championship team lays eggs through the season especially without their best player. So you can go kill yourself or STFU.

Capt Bringdown
03-09-2013, 09:02 AM
30 point loss, it could happen to anyone.
But giving up 46 pts in a quarter? Kinda hard to rationalize and reckon with, imo. If wins reveal something about a team's character, so must losses.

pgardn
03-09-2013, 09:23 AM
We lost to Portland at home by 20 with a starting lineup of Duncan, Robinson, Parker, Gino, Bowen.

It was a championship team that stunk it up.

Next.

DarrinS
03-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Apr. 4, 2005

Mavs beat Spurs 104 - 68

Spurs win 3rd Championship that year

And Tim didn't play that game, btw

SpurYank
03-09-2013, 09:53 AM
I was living in S.A. when they came over from Dallas in 1972. I became a fan that year and have never regretted it. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I have seen the Spurs lose like this. I have faith they will bounce back, as they ALWAYS have.

I want to say something sarcastic about fair-weather fans and all that. Truth is, I don't blame you for wanting a different team on the floor after last night's game. Every team is capable of beating any team. The Heat barely got by the Sixers, on their home court. Go ahead and let it out if it makes you feel better.

I am confident this team will go far.

SanDiegoSpursFan
03-09-2013, 10:02 AM
They are playing without their best player. What did you expect them to play .700 ball over the next month? Hanging on to the 1 seed was always unlikely when Tony went down...
I didn't expect .700 ball, but losing by 30 at home (I know it wasn't that bad most of the night) is still concerning. We're missing out best player, but Ginobili and Duncan should have been able to control the game, which they weren't able to do.

I'm more disappointed with out defense than anything; Ginobili gambled on everything (lots of times, on pick and rolls, he would reach around and try to tap the ball away from Lillard), Diaw was behind on every single rotation, and Duncan was playing a half-step slow. Patty, Bonner and Blair played like usual (shitty). Pop even had to switch to a zone (which didn't work) since the defense was so bad. Those things don't have much to do with Parker.

Saying we aren't contenders was an overreaction, but there should still be a lot of concern over the mental lapse the team had.

bklynspursfan
03-09-2013, 10:17 AM
This game will do nothing but a light a fire under their asses for Monday. Then everyone about to jump off the edge will be singing a different tune.

Hoops Czar
03-09-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure how mny Championship teams lose at home by thirty to a team under .500.

Brunodf
03-09-2013, 11:35 AM
3/10

TrainOfThought5
03-09-2013, 11:38 AM
first the loss to phoenix and now the blazers. i'd be lying if i said i wasnt a little concerned, tbh.

exstatic
03-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Championship teams DO NOT give up 46 points in the FOURTH QUARTER to a NON PLAYOFF TEAM on their OWN FUCKING HOME COURT (and 78 in one fucking half at HOME).

Let's face it, guys. The Spurs are a pretender now, and it's not even close. They're not even a second-tier contender. It's seriously time to move on to next year, since this year's trade deadline has come and gone. The Spurs need to make some serious trades and salary cuts, and it's time to begin the rebuilding process.

And on Military Appreciation Night to boot... Spurs' first loss on M.A. Night in the event's history... Welcome to Kim Jong Un's America! :rolleyes

We're not a championship team, or much else, without TP9. In that sense, you're right.

EricB
03-09-2013, 12:48 PM
You people all belong in mental institutions if you think last night's loss "exposed" them.

fucking lunatics.

Manu-20
03-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Typical spurs meltdown thread all of you saying spurs got exposed even though Portland was hitting just about every bs shot after shot and having Parker makes a huge difference but still this game was on Pop if he had just played the right players we probably get the W, another mistake by him was not leaving Cojo on Lillard hopefully he see's how important a defensive minded guy like Cojo is now and keeps him in the rotation. If there is any silver lining to this it may be that the team comes out and plays much better against OKC on monday.

weeks
03-09-2013, 01:42 PM
I agree that the Heat are obvious favorites to win it all right now, but I'm still hoping we can make up for last year and put OKC down to come out of the West. They don't have Harden and we are a better defensive team.

I'm waiting to really form my hopes after Monday night's game against OKC.

That said, we got punked in our own building. I hope Pop was throwing this game to put some fire in their bellies for OKC

spursmartyr
03-09-2013, 01:50 PM
We lost to Portland at home by 20 with a starting lineup of Duncan, Robinson, Parker, Gino, Bowen.

It was a championship team that stunk it up.

Next.
21 actually, but that was in early November, and Steve Smith was starting, not rookie Manu.

AND, AND, and, not to mention they were a borderline contending team without the legal and locker room issues they faced that year. They had prime Rasheed Wallace, Bonzi Wells, Scottie Pippen, Arvydas Sabonis, Ruben Patterson, Derek Anderson, Antonio Daniels and a host of other good players. They were a legit #4 seed until early April when the players on the team started literally fist fighting each other.

Get 'cha facts straight, foo.

biskvito
03-09-2013, 01:52 PM
lmao spurs

jestersmash
03-09-2013, 01:55 PM
You people all belong in mental institutions if you think last night's loss "exposed" them.

fucking lunatics.

This.

DJR210
03-09-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure if youre trolling, but if not..

Spurs aren't a Championship team without Parker, so you're argument is null and void.

therealtruth
03-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Championship teams also respond well to losses. We'll know after the next game.

admiralfats
03-09-2013, 02:18 PM
just wanted to check in to say this is a stupid thread.

superbigtime
03-09-2013, 02:27 PM
I'd be surprised if Spurs get out of first round. They turn into vaginas in the playoffs, bunch of dickless softies with no confidence. Painful to witness. I'm renewing my season tix anyway.

FromWayDowntown
03-09-2013, 02:30 PM
On the bright side, if they were exposed as non-contenders last night, then you can all stop grinding out games trying to figure out how to win a title with this team and just get as much enjoyment as you can out of the short upcoming playoff run.

Really simplifies things, so that's good -- right?

Chomag
03-09-2013, 02:40 PM

I agree with you that Bayns needs to be in there for at least a couple of hard fouls to get the team thinking twice when driving into the lane. Pop is still the coach of this team however so I think the only chance we might get to see Bayns is in Panic mode in the last game or 2 of their playoff elimination per Par.

Maybe next year, it wouldn't be fair to the team right?

Cry Havoc
03-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Apr. 4, 2005

Mavs beat Spurs 104 - 68

Spurs win 3rd Championship that year

And Tim didn't play that game, btw

TheSkeptic
03-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I agree that the Heat are obvious favorites to win it all right now, but I'm still hoping we can make up for last year and put OKC down to come out of the West. They don't have Harden and we are a better defensive team.

I'm waiting to really form my hopes after Monday night's game against OKC.

That said, we got punked in our own building. I hope Pop was throwing this game to put some fire in their bellies for OKC

I don't think Pop was throwing the game on purpose. He just miscalculated and played the wrong players for too long.

On the bright side, if they were exposed as non-contenders last night, then you can all stop grinding out games trying to figure out how to win a title with this team and just get as much enjoyment as you can out of the short upcoming playoff run.

Really simplifies things, so that's good -- right?

You'd think. But no. :lol

I agree with you that Bayns needs to be in there for at least a couple of hard fouls to get the team thinking twice when driving into the lane. Pop is still the coach of this team however so I think the only chance we might get to see Bayns is in Panic mode in the last game or 2 of their playoff elimination per Par.

Baynes isn't really ready for prime time against Western conference playoff teams imo. During Splitter's rookie season, I knew almost right away that given minutes Tiago could be a darn good player. Pop knew it too which is why he eventually turned to him during the Memphis series. Baynes has NBA athleticism but his skills aren't quite where we need them to be this late into the season. Splitter on the other hand was one of our better players.

Of course, Baynes is still a better option than Bonner/Blair and he should be getting burn over them so that the Spurs can buy minutes if Duncan or Splitter get into foul trouble. But to be honest it's more likely that the perimeter defense is what'll do the Spurs in. As long as Bonner/Blair don't feature, I trust this frontcourt to perform even if it's not ideal.

The guards aside from Parker and Leonard (who I adjust expectations for depending on the match-up)...not so much.

exstatic
03-09-2013, 03:21 PM
21 actually, but that was in early November, and Steve Smith was starting, not rookie Manu.

AND, AND, and, not to mention they were a borderline contending team without the legal and locker room issues they faced that year. They had prime Rasheed Wallace, Bonzi Wells, Scottie Pippen, Arvydas Sabonis, Ruben Patterson, Derek Anderson, Antonio Daniels and a host of other good players. They were a legit #4 seed until early April when the players on the team started literally fist fighting each other.

Championship teams don't EVER lose by 20 on their own home court.

You set the bar, and it was met.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2013, 03:46 PM

It'll be sad not to see you post anymore. Bye.

pgardn
03-09-2013, 04:12 PM

Wrong game bud and wrong championship year.

But thanks for finding another.

Arcadian
03-09-2013, 05:31 PM
(opens door on thread)

(closes door and locks it from the outside)

therealtruth
03-09-2013, 09:42 PM

Hard fouls and being more physical falls under the category of disrupting the other team's rhythm. The basic idea is that you get the other team thinking more about what you're doing on defense than what they want to do on offense. If you disrupt the other team's offense they're less likely to keep shooting well. It gives you a fighting chance.

spurraider21
03-09-2013, 09:46 PM
So their starting point guard went off when our star point guard wasn't playing? blow it up, RC

LarryDavid
03-09-2013, 09:52 PM

OK.

pgardn
03-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Has anyone informed Miami they are not a championship team after losing at home by 20?

SouthTexasRancher
03-09-2013, 10:59 PM

Get over yourself, dude (or is it dudette???)

Stop acting like a sissified gurlyboy.

In the 1984 NBA Finals Magic's Lakers beat the living hell out of Larry Bird's Celtics 137-104, after which Larry called out his sissy teammates.

BTW, the Celtics went on to win the NBA Championship after that game.

Either grow the hell up or learn to play tiddlywinks or take up dolls.

Anyway as Forrest Gump was known to say, "Shit Happens". I'm outta here.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_NBA_Finals

John B
03-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Except TD and Manu are not getting younger. Our best chance with the big 3 is this year, so we have no choice but to go all in or blow it up next year. Mr. Baynes is a project player still, but he is big and strong and we need his hard fouls to say the least. We need to punish layups and make opponents shoot outsides. Which create opportunity for rebounds and even fastbreaks.

superjames1992
03-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Link?

mabrignani
03-10-2013, 12:19 AM
CIA POP

CIA Pop
03-10-2013, 09:29 AM
How pussies like the OP ever got associated with the word 'fan' is beyond me.

rmt
03-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Just a bad loss. If TP were playing, Lilliard probably doesn't have as much energy to go off as he'd have to expend some defending TP. Mobile, jumpshooting PFs like Aldridge and Dirk have always given Spurs problems as they have no one to guard them. Leonard is too small - Tiago too big/immobile (for them). Spurs will unlikely see Portland in the playoffs so no worry. #1 seed is unlikely with TP out for so long. It's a perfect time for others to step up offensively - in particular Leonard. Spurs just need to be healthy, try for the highest seed they can get and AVOID the Lakers in the first round. I think they can take any team except for the HEAT. Maybe MIA won't lose for the rest of the RG, build up a lot of media hype and choke from the intense pressure in the playoffs.

benefactor
03-10-2013, 12:19 PM
You started a thread cheering for the Lakers.

Your opinion is meaningless.

maverick1948
03-10-2013, 01:17 PM
You are right it is over! One game decides it all. I mean the fact a team shot 62% from both in and outside the arc, we should expect that from every tea, the Spurs play. I mean why even play the rest of the season right?

What the hell? Why even bother to play the 48 wins we have? We have given away the championship because we have lost 15. OH THE HUMANITY OF IT!!!!

Just give the "fucking" trophy to Lebron or Kobe. Hell we have lost to 1/2 the NBA this season.

Timmy is old and cant do shit. Parker stays hurt all the time. Manu should retire from the Spurs. Trade Kawhi for Mugsey Boggs rights. We could use a tiny PG. Send Danny Green to someone anyone for a 2 round draft pick between 50 and 60. Fire Pop the best NBA coach out there, but fire him anyway. Blame Bonner because SJax turns the ball over. Blame Blair because he missed a shot or didnt get every rebound.

Ok guys get over yourselves. Most of you know little or nothing about the damn game against Portland or for the matter the game of basketball in general. Has there ever been an undefeated team in the NBA? Hell no. Get over the loss and move on. BTW pardon my use of vulgar language, it just seemed necessary to show the dumb posts that have been on here. Especially the original poster.

BatManu20
03-10-2013, 02:39 PM
It's just ONE GAME

Well we're most likely losing tomorrow night too, so technically it's 2 games.. but yea, everyone's overreacting.

emanueldavidginobili
03-10-2013, 04:28 PM
OMG we lost without our MVP player!!!! The Spurs are done! Some of you people on this site are hilarious.

TheSkeptic
03-10-2013, 04:42 PM
You started a thread cheering for the Lakers.

Your opinion is meaningless.

Did he really?

He should be pinked or something if that's true.

benefactor
03-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Did he really?

He should be pinked or something if that's true.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206484

spursmartyr
03-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Wrong game bud and wrong championship year.

But thanks for finding another.
The Spurs didn't lose at home to Portland in 2005 OR 2007, & Manu wasn't on the team in 1999. So you lose.

<edit> The only game we lost to the Blazers at home with both DRob and Manu on the team was in early Nov 2002, the game where Bonzi spit on Danny Ferry, so that's got to be the game you're talking about...

spursmartyr
03-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Championship teams don't EVER lose by 20 on their own home court.

You set the bar, and it was met.

Also, the Spurs weren't anywhere close to a championship team in November or December 2002. They literally teetered just above .500 for the first couple months or so of that season -- injuries, frustrated young players, injuries, players being juggled in and out of the starting lineup (especially at the SG position) bad calls, injuries, insane superstar performances on the other side, injuries, and "WTF will we do after DRob's gone?" absolutely killed us the first 2 1/2 months of that season, as we limped to a 19-13 start. Fortunately, after that everything came together at the right time, Timmy had his most dominant 5 months of his career, the Lakers were old and injured that year, the Kings suffered injuries late and the Mavs faded out to end that season allowing us to win 60 games and then in the playoffs Timmy wasn't about to let David lose his last season.

capek
03-10-2013, 05:48 PM

:lol oh fuck off dude.

pgardn
03-10-2013, 06:59 PM
The Spurs didn't lose at home to Portland in 2005 OR 2007, & Manu wasn't on the team in 1999. So you lose.

<edit> The only game we lost to the Blazers at home with both DRob and Manu on the team was in early Nov 2002, the game where Bonzi spit on Danny Ferry, so that's got to be the game you're talking about...

Nice edit. Thats the one. Yep we were flat out awful. A championship team. I watched it and we were simply horrific. A better team that was flat out awful at home.

TheSkeptic
03-10-2013, 07:29 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206484

Why isn't he on my ignore list?

Drom John
03-11-2013, 09:28 AM
True.
The Heat lost to the Wizards last year by 34, but it was in Washington.

And it was the meaningless last game of the season.

Drom John
03-11-2013, 11:51 AM
2011 Mavericks only lost by 28, but it was at the Lakers.
2010 Lakers only lost by 26, but it was in Denver.
2009 Lakers only lost by 21, but again, it was in Denver.
2007 Spurs lost at home to the Nuggets by 23, but it was the 82nd game.
2004 Pistons lost at home to the SuperSonics by 21.
2003 Spurs lost at home to the Kings by 24.
2003 Spurs lost at home to the Mavericks by 21, but it was the 82nd game.
2001 Lakers lost by 33 to the SuperSonics, but it was in Seattle.
2001 Lakers lost at home to the Clippers by 23.
2001 Lakers lost by 21 to the Suns, but it was in Phoenix.
2001 Lakers lost at home to the Kings by 24.
2000 Lakers lost by 24 to the Spurs, but it was in San Antonio.
1999 Spurs lost by 26 to the Suns, but it was in Phoenix.
1998 Bulls lost by 25 to the Lakers, but it was in Los Angeles.
1996 Bulls lost by 32 to the Knicks, but it was in New York.
1995 Rockets lost by 38 to the Trail Blazers, but it was in Portland.
1995 Rockets lost by 21 to the Spurs, but it was in San Antonio.
1994 Rockets lost by 22 to the Hawks, but it was in Atlanta.
1993 Bulls lost by 37 to the Knicks, but it was in New York.
1993 Bulls lost by 23 to the Cavaliers, but it was in Cleveland.
1991 Bulls lost by 21 to the Pistons, but it was in Detroit.
1991 Bulls lost by 22 to the Rockets, but it was in Houston.
1991 Bulls lost by 21 to the Pacers, but it was in Indianapolis.
1990 Pistons lost by 21 to the Pacers, but it was in Indianapolis.
1990 Pistons lost by 25 to the SuperSonics, but it was in Seattle.
1989 Pistons at home to Knicks by 22.
1989 Pistons lost by 24 to the Bucks, but it was in Milwaukee.
1989 Pistons lost by 21 to the Cavaliers, but it was in Cleveland.
1988 Lakers lost by 21 to the Bulls, but it was in Chicago.
1988 Lakers lost by 22 to the Kings, but it was in Sacremento.
1987 Lakers lost by 23 to the Bucks, but it was in Milwaukee.
1987 Lakers lost by 21 to the Mavericks, but it was in Dallas.
1987 Lakers lost by 24 to the SuperSonics, but it was in Seattle.
1985 Lakers lost by 23 to the Pistons, but it was in Detroit.
1983 76ers lost by 26 to the Celtics, but it was in Boston.
1982 Lakers lost by 26 to the Spurs, but it was in San Antonio.
1982 Lakers lost at home to the SuperSonics by 20.
1982 Lakers lost by 23 to the Kings, but it was in Kansas City.
1981 Celtics lost by 23 to the Bulls, but it was in Chicago.
1981 Celtics lost by 32 to the 76ers, but it was in Philadelphia.
1981 Celtics lost at home to the Pistons by 25.
1980 Lakers lost by 21 to the Trail Blazers, but it was in Portland.
1979 SuperSonics lost by 29 to the Bucks, but it was in Milwaukee.
1979 SuperSonics lost by 22 to the Bullets, but it was in Washington.
1978 Bullets lost by 26 to the Knicks, but it was in New York.
1978 Bullets lost by 37 to the Braves, but it was in Buffalo.
1978 Bullets lost by 22 to the Lakers, but it was in Los Angeles.
1978 Bullets lost by 20 to the Spurs, but it was in San Antonio.
1978 Bullets lost by 26 to the Celtics, but it was in Boston.
1977 Trail Blazers lost by 20 to the Warriors, but it was at Golden State.
1977 Trail Blazers lost by 20 to the Bucks, but it was in Milwaukee.
1977 Trail Blazers lost by 21 to the Cavaliers, but it was in Cleveland.
1977 Trail Blazers lost by 20 to the Suns, but it was in Phoenix.
1976 Celtics lost by 32 to the Warriors, but it was at Golden State.
1976 Celtics lost by 28 to the Trail Blazers, but it was in Portland.
1976 Celtics lost by 25 to the SuperSonics, but it was in Seattle.
1976 Celtics lost by 27 to the Kings, but it was in Kansas City.
1975 Warriors lost by 32 to the Cavaliers, but it was in Cleveland.
1975 Warriors lost by 21 to the Kings, but it was in Kansas City.
1975 Warriors lost by 24 to the Bullets, but it was in Washington.
1975 Warriors lost by 24 to the Bulls, but it was in Chicago.
1975 Warriors lost by 26 to the Kings again, again in Kansas City.
1975 Warriors lost by 32 to the Trail Blazers, but it was in Portland.
1974 Celtics lost by 24 to the Bucks, but it was in Milwaukee.
1974 Celtics lost at home to the Warriors by 21.
1974 Celtics lost by 21 to the Knicks, but it was in New York.
1973 Knicks lost by 23 to the Warriors, but it was at Golden State.
1973 Knicks lost by 26 to the Bucks, but it was in Milwaukee.
1973 Knicks lost by 33 to the Suns, but it was in Phoenix.
1973 Knicks lost at home to the Bullets by 22.
1971 Bucks lost by 30 to the Bullets, but it was in Baltimore.
1971 Bucks lost by 23 to the Lakers, but it was in Los Angeles.
1969 Celtics lost by 27 to the Knicks, but it was in New York.
1969 Celtics lost by 25 to the 76ers, but it was in Philadelphia.
1969 Celtics lost at home to the Lakers by 35.
1968 Celtics lost by 27 to the SuperSonics at the neutral Philadelphia.
1967 Celtics lost at home to the Lakers by 37.
1966 Celtics lost by 25 to the Bullets, but it was in Baltimore.
1966 Celtics lost by 22 to the Warriors, but it was in San Francisco.
1966 Celtics lost by 40 to the Bullets again, but again it was in Baltimore.
1965 Celtics lost by 27 to the Warriors, but it was in San Francisco.
1964 Celtics lost by 21 to the Warriors, but it was in San Francisco.
1964 Celtics lost by 25 to the 76ers, but it was in Philadelphia.
1962 Celtics lost by 26 to the Lakers, but it was in Los Angeles.
1961 Celtics lost at home to the Warriors by 28.
1961 Celtics lost by 29 to the Hawks, but it was in St. Louis.
1961 Celtics lost by 28 to the Royals, but it was in Cincinnati.
1961 Celtics lost by 22 to the Nationals, but it was in Syracuse.
1961 Celtics lost at home to the Knicks by 22.
1960 Celtics lost by 21 to the Lakers, but it was in Minneapolis.
1960 Celtics lost by 35 to the Nationals, but it was in Syracuse.
1960 Celtics lost by 31 to the Nationals again, but again it was in Syracuse.
1959 Celtics lost by 22 to the Nationals, but it was in Syracuse.
1959 Celtics lost by 24 to the Nationals again, but again it was in Syracuse.
1959 Celtics lost at home to the Knicks by 22.
1958 Hawks lost at home to the Celtics by 25.
1958 Hawks lost by 31 to the Warriors, but it was in Philadelphia.
1958 Hawks lost by 38 to the Royals, but it was in Cincinnati.
1956 Warriors lost by 23 to the Royals, but it was in Rochester.
1956 Warriors lost by 20 to the Nationals, but it was in Syracuse.
1955 Nationals lost by 23 to the Celtics, but it was in Boston.
1955 Nationals lost by 27 to the Royals, but it was in Rochester.
1955 Nationals lost by 24 to the Warriors, but it was in Philadelphia.
1954 Lakers lost by 24 to the Knicks, but it was in New York.
1954 Lakers lost by 25 to the Nationals, but it was in Syracuse.
1954 Lakers lost by 27 again to the Nationals, again in Syracuse.
1954 Lakers lost by 24 to the Celtics, but it was in Boston.
1952 Lakers lost by 31 to the Nationals, but it was in Syracuse.
1951 Royals lost by 29 to the National, but it was is Syracuse.
1949 Lakers lost by 22 to the Celtics, but it was in Boston.
1949 Lakers lost by 24 (50-74) to the Pistons, but it was in Fort Wayne.
1949 Lakers lost by 34 to the Bullets, but it was in Baltimore.

Chinook
03-11-2013, 11:58 AM
(opens door on thread)

(closes door and locks it from the outside)

NO DON'T LEAVE ME IN HERE WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

jon123spurs
03-11-2013, 09:52 PM
DELETE THIS SHIT NOW!!!!!

spursmartyr
03-11-2013, 09:59 PM
2007 Spurs lost at home to the Nuggets by 23, but it was the 82nd game.

No D+P+G (rest) + fags like Jackie Butler played 30 minutes (I was at that game, and I remember the only ovation of the night was for the Big 3 when they were put on the jumbo-tron, Timmy rolling his eyes in his tieless suit drinking a cup of coffee/ I left after the 3rd period to beat traffic

2003 Spurs lost at home to the Kings by 24.

Once again, in November 2002, when the Spurs were an average team at best, injured and disorganized going up against a healthy streaking Kings team

2003 Spurs lost at home to the Mavericks by 21, but it was the 82nd game.

No Duncan/Jax + TP played like 6 minutes + Pop decided to just have fun and call off the dogs after like midway through the 1st quarter

Nathan89
03-11-2013, 10:26 PM
injured

What do you think they were against Portland? No TP or Neal. Is that not injured?

You'd probably say that a championship team would never give up 13 points in 33 seconds to lose a game but the Spurs did that. It's one game in the regular season.

Spurs almost beat the Heat without Tim, Tony, Gino, Green, Kawhi, and Sjax. Does that mean they aren't a championship team?

Kidd K
03-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Good thing our full team didn't lose by that much. Our team minus our MVP did.

OP doesn't understand the difference?

Man In Black
03-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Back it up by the fact that Portland loses their VERY NEXT GAME to New Orleans and it really amount to Portland just being red-hot against the Spurs and then petered out for the Hornet/Pelicans.

illusioNtEk
03-12-2013, 12:41 AM
fuck to you OP

your not a true spurs fan

Drachen
03-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Bfd. Much ago about nothing.

So they got hot, if Portland was so good why are they in 10th?

Losses like this remind me of when past Spurs teams would lose to a really hot player. Andre Miller at Cleveland. Jason Terry at Atlanta. TMac with a minute to go scores 10 at Houston Sometimes shit happens. If TP is playing, then perhaps Lillard doesn't have that late game energy to shoot those 3 pointers

13 in 35 seconds.

sorry for the correction, but that game still hurts as far as reg season games go.

mrjap2x
03-12-2013, 11:12 AM
13 in 35 seconds.

sorry for the correction, but that game still hurts as far as reg season games go.
2 of 2004's best plays comes against the spurs.

Drachen
03-12-2013, 11:17 AM
2 of 2004's best plays comes against the spurs.

I had always liked reggie miller because of those games against the knicks (specifically 8 points in 9 seconds). After this houston game, I had a lot of respect for how knicks fans felt.

Man In Black
03-12-2013, 11:44 AM
13 in 35 seconds.

You're right Drachen...I've repressed the particulars for that game. Sadly, I remember exactly where I was when TMac did that! Red Robin having a Cheeseburger and thinking that the Spurs got this and then...WTF just happened?