PDA

View Full Version : FuzzyLumpkins aka Michael Kundu

TSA
03-09-2013, 02:30 PM
But gun owners like Michael Kundu come from a largely unexplored middle ground — a place of nuance and contradiction.

Mr. Kundu is a master marksman from rural Washington who owns pistols and assault rifles for self-defense, all while claiming to detest the presence of guns in his life and in the broader American culture.

“I’d love to see all guns destroyed,” he said. “But I’m not giving up mine first.”

Mr. Kundu, 48, who works for the federal government, is a conflicted gun owner, one of many such Americans whom researchers and social scientists are just beginning to study as a potentially moderating influence in the escalating gun debate.

In Mr. Kundu’s case, the conflict is that he enjoys competitive shooting even as he perceives danger in what he describes as a local arms race that he feels powerless to escape.

Out of “common sense,” he said, he needs to be as armed as his neighbors, some of whom he describes as troublemakers with assault rifles. “It is so discouraging, so paranoia-inducing,” he said. “It makes one feel as though you’ve got to be continually vigilant and defensive instead of living your life free.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/us/gun-owners-arent-always-gun-lovers.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp

BobaFett1
03-09-2013, 03:00 PM
But gun owners like Michael Kundu come from a largely unexplored middle ground — a place of nuance and contradiction.

Mr. Kundu is a master marksman from rural Washington who owns pistols and assault rifles for self-defense, all while claiming to detest the presence of guns in his life and in the broader American culture.

“I’d love to see all guns destroyed,” he said. “But I’m not giving up mine first.”

Mr. Kundu, 48, who works for the federal government, is a conflicted gun owner, one of many such Americans whom researchers and social scientists are just beginning to study as a potentially moderating influence in the escalating gun debate.

In Mr. Kundu’s case, the conflict is that he enjoys competitive shooting even as he perceives danger in what he describes as a local arms race that he feels powerless to escape.

Out of “common sense,” he said, he needs to be as armed as his neighbors, some of whom he describes as troublemakers with assault rifles. “It is so discouraging, so paranoia-inducing,” he said. “It makes one feel as though you’ve got to be continually vigilant and defensive instead of living your life free.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/us/gun-owners-arent-always-gun-lovers.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp

+10

mavs>spurs
03-09-2013, 03:11 PM
lol the new Joe Biden created shtick is "yeah, i'm a gun owner too, so i can totally relate to you! here's why even as a gunowner we need to turn them all in!"

just another lame attempt to get people to disarm. remember, this guy is another paid government shill. he. works. for. the. government. same guys who have been trying to convince us how great it would be if we could just ban all the guns. they're running out of ideas tbh.

Latarian Milton
03-09-2013, 09:17 PM
sons of bitches should take actions where their mouth is at and give up their own guns first, instead of exploiting their rhetorical skills to convince people how great life would be in a country that's free from guns. they just wanna disarm the common folks so that they're easier to be governed.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-09-2013, 10:09 PM
:lol man making up stories about him and another man on the beach together
:lol man repeatedly asking a man who has declined interest about his personal life
:lol man looking up stories about men that remind him of this man.