Durant
James
Noah

TD 21
03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
1st team: F - James, Durant, C - Duncan, G - Paul, Parker

2nd team: F - Anthony, Griffin, C - Lopez, G - Harden, Wade

3rd team: F - Pierce, George, C - Noah, G - Westbrook, Bryant

With the caveat being that, if Howard can close strong, I'd reconsider.

rayjayjohnson
03-10-2013, 04:35 PM
All Nba 1st
Parker
Harden
Durant
Lebron
Marc Gasol

2nd team
WestMonkey
Kobe
Melo
Tim Duncan
Lopez

3rd team
CP3
Paul George
Wade
Blake Griffin

zach r / Lee

Good call, Marc Gasol belongs on the first team.

my boy ty deserves some consideration for third team tbh

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Westbrook
Bryant
James
Durant
Duncan

Parker
Wade
Anthony
Griffin
Gasol

Harden
Paul
Pierce
West
Lopez

Grit and Grind
03-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Good call, Marc Gasol belongs on the first team.

my boy ty deserves some consideration for third team tbh
So does Steph Curry and Gallo but so many good PG's but I think Gallo has been more important than Wade tbh

Grit and Grind
03-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Westbrook
Bryant
James
Durant
Duncan

Parker
Paul
Anthony
Griffin
Gasol

Harden
Wade
Pierce
West
Lopez

Agreed except for PG24 >> West tbh

rayjayjohnson
03-10-2013, 04:44 PM
So does Steph Curry and Gallo but so many good PG's but I think Gallo has been more important than Wade tbh
Yeah, reasonable. It's a stacked position.

really enjoying your solid takes, GNG.

TD 21
03-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Westbrook
Bryant
James
Durant
Duncan

Parker
Paul
Anthony
Griffin
Gasol

Harden
Wade
Pierce
West
Lopez

Tell me, what's the argument for Bryant being on the 1st team?

At best, they're going to be a 6 seed and for the majority of the season, they were under .500 and a non playoff team, but because of one hot stretch (I know he started good, but the hype has come during this stretch), all of a sudden he's a 1st team/MVP candidate? It's funny how when it's him, the way things have always been done get's thrown out the window and it's make it up as you go along time.

It's close between 2nd and 3rd team C's. Lopez, Noah, Gasol, Chandler and to a lesser extent Howard, are all close enough that an argument could be made for any. The majority of these are written (either in pen or pencil), but those spots are still up for grabs.

I understand West over George (better advanced stats and he's been their crunch time scorer), but I think the fact that George plays way more minutes, plays elite defense and is a better defensive rebounder, should give him the edge.

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2013, 04:55 PM
IMO, Parker/Paul/Kobe/Harden/Westbrook/Wade are all interchangeable..you can make the argument for any of them on any of the 3 teams, tbh..

Parker and Paul would be on my 1st team if they hadn't missed so much time..Wade was hurt and coasting during the first two months..

Kobe has been consistent all year and hasn't missed any time, same argument for Westbrook..

Agreed about the Cs..

Like you said, David West has superior analytics and he's their go-to guy in clutch time, while George has been one of the worst clutch-time players in the NBA this year..

Clipper Nation
03-10-2013, 04:56 PM
CP3
Parker
Durant
LeBron
Duncan

TD 21
03-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Bryant had a (inevitable, to be fair) mid season lull, but like I said, based on how these things have always been done, due to his lack of team success, he shouldn't be in the MVP/1st team discussion, no matter what he's done.

Now whether you think the way things have always been done with this is stupid or not is another matter altogether, but those shouldn't be disregarded just because it's Bryant and it's the Lakers. You know they wouldn't be if it were Duncan and the Spurs in the same exact position.

Mal
03-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Parker, Paul, Bryant, Bron, Durant

spurraider21
03-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Parker-Kobe-Durant-LeBron-Tim

Assuming Kobe is playing like recent Kobe who doesn't mind passing. Tim playing sorta the Bosh role on Miami but with better interior D

Is having 2 Spurs being a homer? Sure. But I'd still contend that Tim has played as good if not better than any big this season, and TP has been the best point guard

JamStone
03-10-2013, 05:57 PM
You know how the NBA changed the all star voting to just guards and forward and no centers? Should that be applicable now for all NBA teams as well? I don't know if there's a center worthy to be a first team all NBA this season. The center position is pretty weak these days.

For first team all NBA, I'd go:

Parker
Kobe
Durant
Carmelo
LeBron

In any other year, Melo would obviously be a second team all NBA guy. But I don't think there's a center who deserves to be on first team over Melo.

Killakobe81
03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
1st team NBA have included lower seeded players such as tmac or ai ...IIRC. its not the MVP award

Killakobe81
03-10-2013, 06:18 PM
You know how the NBA changed the all star voting to just guards and forward and no centers? Should that be applicable now for all NBA teams as well? I don't know if there's a center worthy to be a first team all NBA this season. The center position is pretty weak these days.

Parker
Kobe
Durant
Carmelo
LeBron

In any other year, Melo would obviously be a second team all NBA guy. But I don't think there's a center who deserves to be on first team over Melo.

Great point but if a center is a must Duncan, Noah and marc gasol would be in mix with Howard if he finishes strong

Latarian Milton
03-10-2013, 08:38 PM
kobe will surely nail a spot on the 1st team just because he's kobe, no matter if his team plays good or bad. duncan probably also deserves one more 1st-team appearance, which could also be his last, in honor of his brilliant career through the past one and a half decades. paul is a locked one at PG since no one else can really challenge him at this position, with rondo out for the season before all-star break and rose missing the entire season. monkeyballer will be the PF of 1st team no matter you like it or not, and bron will be the easiest choice at SF so my all NBA first team will feature:

paul
kobe
bron
monkeyballer
duncan

007nites
03-10-2013, 08:49 PM
CP3
Parker
Durant
LeBron
Duncan

Westbrook
Kobe
Melo
Griffin
Noah

Wade
Harden
Pierce
Lopez
Gasol

Grit and Grind
03-10-2013, 09:00 PM
CP3
Parker
Durant
LeBron
Duncan

Westbrook
Kobe
Melo
Griffin
Noah

Wade
Harden
Pierce
Lopez
Gasol
Gasol >>> Noah

racm
03-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Paul
Parker
Durant
James
Duncan

Bryant
Harden
Anthony
Griffin
Noah

Wade
Westbrook
Pierce
Aldridge
Howard

TDfan2007
03-10-2013, 10:08 PM

Parker
Kobe
Durant
Carmelo
LeBron

So Duncan misses about 10 games and you forget that he was playing some of the best ball of his career until the knee injury?

Tim Duncan has been a better player than Melo this year. He just doesn't take as many shots to inflate his scoring stats, but he has Melo beat in every other category, tangible or otherwise.

TDfan2007
03-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Paul
Parker (or Kobe)
Durant
Lebron
Duncan

Westbrook
Kobe (or Parker)
Carmelo
Griffin
Brook Lopez (or Marc Gasol)

WGAF about 3rd team, tbh.

Robz4000
03-10-2013, 10:14 PM
What it should be:
CP3
Parker
Durcant
Lelbron
TD

Westbrick
DWade
Melo
Zbo
Fat Gasol

Harden
Kirby
Pierce
West
Noah

What it will be:

CP3
Kirby
Durcant
Lelbron
Kemp

Westbrick
Wade
Melo
Griffith
TD

Parker
Harden
Pierce
Bosh
KG

DMC
03-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Really? Like there's big debate that maybe Nazr should be in there, or Calderon?

Venti Quattro
03-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Tony Parker
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Dwight Howard (not because I like him, but he's the only center that's even worth mentioning)

TDfan2007
03-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Tony Parker
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Dwight Howard (not because I like him, but he's the only center that's even worth mentioning)

Lopez, Gasol, and Duncan have all played better, more consistent basketball this season. If Howard keeps up the rest of the season like he was the last 2 games, then you'll have a point.

whitemamba
03-11-2013, 12:41 AM
cpFlop
Kobe
Pro Activ
Lebron
Howard

Tony Parker
Westbrick
Wade
Carmelo
Gasol

Ty Lawson
Harden
Pierce
TD
Lopez

AussieFanKurt
03-11-2013, 12:44 AM
All positions pretty easy except PG tbh... Parker/CP3/Westbrick (sigh) could all make a case for 1st

Kobe is 2, LeBron 3, Durant 4, Gasol/Duncan 5 or maybe Noah?

AussieFanKurt
03-11-2013, 12:45 AM
If Varajao played the full year, wonder which team he would make.. think he averaged close to 15 and 15.. pity he went down