PDA

View Full Version : Heat: 19-1 since Birdman got rotation minutes

racm
03-11-2013, 08:29 AM
:lmao at teams who passed on this guy

Killakobe81
03-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Was thinking the same, makes no sense tbh.

Athletic big, doesnt need touches and pretty solid rim protector. Solid role in the "harlem shake" video. Underrarted signing. Outside of Mike Miller (who paid off in the finals in a major way) and Curry Heat have hit on every major pick up since the summer of Lebron. Drafting Cole, keeping chalmers, signing Battier. Ray has been solid. Still waiting on Rahard to make a major contribution but team is rolling 7's consistently. Sure helps having Lebron ...

racm
03-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Was thinking the same, makes no sense tbh.

Athletic big, doesnt need touches and pretty solid rim protector. Solid role in the "harlem shake" video. Underrarted signing. Outside of Mike Miller (who paid off in the finals in a major way) and Curry Heat have hit on every major pick up since the summer of Lebron. Drafting Cole, keeping chalmers, signing Battier. Ray has been solid. Still waiting on Rahard to make a major contribution but team is rolling 7's consistently. Sure helps having Lebron ...

I think the Rashard signing was as follows:

1. He already got paid so all he needed was a ring.
2. One of his pals in Ray Allen was already on the Heat.
3. Riley thinks he could be a Robert Horry player at best - he hit big shots in Orlando's Finals run.
4. At worst he'll simply be a vet min guy who gets spot minutes.

Low risk, good reward.

BobaFett1
03-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Heat is doing things the right way. A lot of folks ripped them but look at them now, They been a solid franchise for some time now.

racm
03-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Heat is doing things the right way. A lot of folks ripped them but look at them now, They been a solid franchise for some time now.

Pat Riley is a great coach and GM. Not a lot of guys can be competent at either, let alone both.

Spurs9
03-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Heat are pretty beastly I must say.

racm
03-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Heat are pretty beastly I must say.

They let Michael Beasley walk though to have cap space to sign and trade for LeBron though :lol

Killakobe81
03-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Pat Riley is a great coach and GM. Not a lot of guys can be competent at either, let alone both.

He is the only guy I would take over Pop and Phil ...

And I never gave Miami crap, for signing James. I just believed Lebron was good enough to win eventually in Cleveland. Sure they had not done it fast enough (build him a proper team to lead) ... but if he could lead a good but not great team to HCA and a NBA Finals would it have been THAT hard to get there eventually if he re-signed? He was going to win a title regardless... I Still feel that way. if Dirk and Hakem were good enough to win eventually in those non traditional NBA powerhouse cities ...Lebron sure could of won in Cleveland. His decision was smart because he won faster but I thihk he should of pushed harder for cats to join him instead of leaving ... but whatver. He did leave and the Heat are rolling ... up to league to figure out a way to beat them.

racm
03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
He is the only guy I would take over Pop and Phil ...

And I never gave Miami crap, for signing James. I just believed Lebron was good enough to win eventually in Cleveland. Sure they had not done it fast enough (build him a proper team to lead) ... but if he could lead a good but not great team to HCA and a NBA Finals would it have been THAT hard to get there eventually if he re-signed? He was going to win a title regardless... I Still feel that way. if Dirk and Hakem were good enough to win eventually in those non traditional NBA powerhouse cities ...Lebron sure could of won in Cleveland. His decision was smart because he won faster but I thihk he should of pushed harder for cats to join him instead of leaving ... but whatver. He did leave and the Heat are rolling ... up to league to figure out a way to beat them.

The Heat are where the threepeat Lakers were in 2001. The difference is that they're coasting AND are still on pace to win 60+ games.

Killakobe81
03-11-2013, 09:17 AM
The Heat are where the threepeat Lakers were in 2001. The difference is that they're coasting AND are still on pace to win 60+ games.

Great analogy. Lebron is playing the Shaq role. Wade is playing the Kobe closer role. Chalmers is Fisher. Battier Rick Fox. Bosh Horry w(less clutch though) and Ray is Shaw. And the big diffrence is Lebron actually did not get fat and lazy after winnnig his first title. Lebron came back stronger Shaq chose to use the regular season as training camp. I expect Lebron to dominate the playoffs like Shaq did in 2001 ...

Thread
03-11-2013, 09:47 AM
- "Careful."

- "John Coffey" - "The Green Mile"

The Birdman will make ya sorry. And this is one season that James can't afford to be made sorry.

KL2
03-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Does he stretch the floor?

lefty
03-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah because Birdman is responsible for that 19-1 record

Did it occur to you that perhaps they were just coasting before that ?

HarlemHeat37
03-11-2013, 11:45 AM
They were certainly coasting, but the Pedo man's energy and shot blocking fits well on a team that needed energy/hustle guys..

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-11-2013, 12:00 PM
He's pretty good as far as bench bigs go but I'm with Lefty. Lebron finding his post-AS break stride, Wade getting healthy, and them combining to activate the everloving fuck out of their Wonder Twin powers has something to do with this.

Can't really laugh too hard at the teams that didn't want to touch him. Realistically he's probably just a headcase and potential problem in any locker room where things aren't going as smoothly as they are in Miami (which is looking like a near lock for a repeat). Pretty short list of teams even close to that same class of success right now. Clippers? LOL at the thought of Vinny keeping a leash on him. Thunder? Birdman to OKC isn't just a bad idea, it's a pitch for a Breaking Bad spinoff.

It's a coin toss for what the Spurs could have done with this guy. Could have been a decent reclamation project, could have been a short trip to homicide charges for either him or Pop.

Mal
03-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Heat are getting this guys, mainly because :
1. amnestied dudes, who can be sign cheap, and want to ring
2. old dudes, who can be sign cheap, and want to ring

Thread
03-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Heat are getting this guys, mainly because :
1. amnestied dudes, who can be sign cheap, and want to ring
2. old dudes, who can be sign cheap, and want to ring

& 3. has a stinky finger, juvenile style.

Phillip
03-11-2013, 12:14 PM
He's pretty good as far as bench bigs go but I'm with Lefty. Lebron finding his post-AS break stride, Wade getting healthy, and them combining to activate the everloving fuck out of their Wonder Twin powers has something to do with this.

Can't really laugh too hard at the teams that didn't want to touch him. Realistically he's probably just a headcase and potential problem in any locker room where things aren't going as smoothly as they are in Miami (which is looking like a near lock for a repeat). Pretty short list of teams even close to that same class of success right now. Clippers? LOL at the thought of Vinny keeping a leash on him. Thunder? Birdman to OKC isn't just a bad idea, it's a pitch for a Breaking Bad spinoff.

It's a coin toss for what the Spurs could have done with this guy. Could have been a decent reclamation project, could have been a short trip to homicide charges for either him or Pop.

:tu

Latarian Milton
03-11-2013, 11:46 PM
it wasn't like nigga would ever want to join any other team imho. nigga was waiting for our call and he finally got it, he wanted some rings and he knew where he would get them tbqh

lefty
06-17-2013, 11:49 PM
:lol

spurraider21
06-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Miami won 46 of their first 49 with birdman

Miami has lost 6 of their last 11 since

:lmao

HeatChamps
06-18-2013, 12:45 AM
It only makes sense to stop playing birdman with all those wins.

Rogue
06-18-2013, 06:19 AM
DNPing birdman for the remainder of this series is another glaring example why Phillibeaner doesn't have even a single brain cell under his skull. dude was the life buoy that kept your team afloat through the playoffs, yet the shithead thought he was the culprit and the reason for the team's suffering. I'm kind of feeling lucky I got my heat troll banned, it must suck to be a Heat fan now imho, I still believe the Heat will win the series though

dbestpro
06-18-2013, 11:59 AM
I fully expect him to play tonight, lose his mind, and get kicked out of the game. The technical foul shots that the Spurs make will end up being the difference in the game.

BlackSwordsMan
06-18-2013, 12:04 PM
That child pedo was miami's good luck charm.