PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Who do you have as MVP, ROY, DPOY, COY, MIP and 6th Man?

Sportstudi
03-11-2013, 10:04 AM
MVP: LeBron
ROY: Damian Lillard
DPOY: Tim Duncan (Noah, Hibbert, Marc Gasol, KG and Chandler could also be mentioned)
COY: Pop (Vogel would be my next pick)
MIP: Paul George (Hickson, Vasquez, Clark, Harden and Asik also have arguments)
6MOY: Jamal Crawford

Who do you have?

racm
03-11-2013, 10:12 AM
MVP: LeBron James
DPOY: Tim Duncan
COY: Frank Vogel
MIP: Greivis Vasquez
EOY: Daryl Morey

UNCLE-DREW
03-11-2013, 10:13 AM
DPOY: LeBron (not persee a big man have to win this all year, lebron is such a force on de defensive end)
COY: Tom Thibodeau (Spoelstra as 2nd)
MIP: Paul George

MIP and 6MOY should be a lock imo

Thread
03-11-2013, 10:19 AM
I forgot how enamored you guys are of this silly shit.

There's only 2 things:

1. make the playoffs
2. win the last game you play

There is nothing else.

UNCLE-DREW
03-11-2013, 10:23 AM

There's only 2 things:

1. make the playoffs

There is nothing else.

butthurt since kobe got only 1 MVP ?

Clipper Nation
03-11-2013, 10:24 AM
MVP: The Kang
ROY: Lillard
DPOY: Larry Sanders
COY: Vogel
6th Man: Jamal Crawford

Thread
03-11-2013, 10:28 AM

I don't do fancies, ribbons, door stops.

I make the playoffs. I win the last game I play.

monosylab1k
03-11-2013, 10:30 AM
MVP - LeBron James
ROY - Damian Lillard
DPOY - Tyson Chandler
COY - Mark Jackson
MIP - Kemba Walker
6MOY - JR Smith

Juggity
03-11-2013, 10:31 AM
TD is going to have go all out and have a few more block parties in order to have a shot at DPOY. Larry Sanders is his strongest competition.

Thread
03-11-2013, 10:31 AM

Mornin', sweet-cheeks.

- Pappy

UNCLE-DREW
03-11-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't do fancies, ribbons, door stops.

I make the playoffs. I win the last game I play.

you might win the last game this season without becoming a champion indeed :lol

monosylab1k
03-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Mornin', sweet-cheeks.

- Pappy

I will not address Thread. Thread is a liar, a cheater, and a somofabitch. Petition Kori to release Giuseppe or Culburn369.

Thread
03-11-2013, 10:57 AM
you might win the last game this season without becoming a champion indeed :lol

In for penny. In for pound.

Thread
03-11-2013, 10:58 AM
I will not address Thread. Thread is a liar, a cheater, and a somofabitch. Petition Kori to release Giuseppe or Culburn369.

lmcontrollinao!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Yup. It's not coincidence why lakers fans are so dismissive of the MVP award :lol

Thread
03-11-2013, 12:27 PM
^O & 44!

jejejeje!!!

Koolaid_Man
03-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Yup. It's not coincidence why lakers fans are so dismissive of the MVP award :lol

Listen the one they gave Kobe is nothing but a token award....fact is Kobe should have no MVP's...I personally was upset he got that one...because with it the media tried to validate the legitimacy of the award...they didn't want to make it obvious they had no real credibility in voting so they threw that token shit at Kobe while changing the criteria of what an MVP is year after year to prevent him from getting it...

They only gave it to him because Larry Bird honorably and publicly questioned the awards legitimacy if Kobe didn't win it...those fat bastards who vote the award felt the pressure and gave him that token shit...put the voting in the hands of players, GM's and fans along with the media and Kobe would have at least 6-7 MVP awards...that's a fact...no player can continue at age 34 leading All-Star voting year in and year out for the past 10 yrs if he's not the fan consensus for MVP...generally speaking...

and to be honest the legends of the game feeling this way about Kobe means much more to me than his actually winning a media's pick award because those guys who played the game have the utmost credibility in my book...

What does Larry Bird think of Kobe Bryant? Larry Bird Interview on 4/30/2008? On the Dan Patrick Show today on AM 570 KLAC Larry Bird was asked what his opinion is about Kobe Bryant. He said that he is the best in the league and has been for quite a long time. He also stated that he is very surprised that Kobe has not won MVP so far and that after all Kobe has done, if he doesn't end up winning one than he might as well throw all of his away.

Wow.. Much respect and from a Legendary Celtic no less!!!

Ashy Larry
03-11-2013, 12:40 PM
DPOY: Larry Sanders
COY: Mark Jackson

03-11-2013, 12:47 PM
MVP: Lebron
DPOY: Duncan
COY: Vogel
MIP: George
6th man: Crawford

elemento
03-11-2013, 12:55 PM
MVP - Lebron
ROY - Lillard
DPOY - Timmy
COY - Mark Jackson
MIP - George
6th man - Crawford

JamStone
03-11-2013, 01:08 PM
DPOY: Joakim Noah - I believe the only player in the league to average 10+ rebounds, 2+ blocks, and 1+ steals per game
COY: Pop - I had Mark Jackson maybe as recently as a month ago but GS is 6-12 since the beginning of February
MIP: Greivis Vasquez - I think his improvement to a top PG has been more impressive than George's. If Paul George became a 20 point scorer this season, I'd probably go with him.
EOY: Masai Ujiri - no superstar trade, got rid of most of the old core including Nene and dumping Al Harrington's contract, and got a bunch of guys who fit in Denver to keep the team highly competitive. Morey perhaps made the biggest splash with Harden, and so far Asik has done well. In two years when Harden, Lin, and Asik alone make close to combined $45 million, I don't know how Rockets fans will feel about those contracts. And it's hard to give an award to an exec of a team that is only a couple games over .500 and barely a playoff team. Denver is 20 games over .500 and I think that's been more impressive especially when you look at the two rosters.

monosylab1k
03-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Why does everyone like paul George for most improved? He basically is producing an almost identical season to last year, except he's getting alot more minutes so his numbers have naturally increased.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Why does everyone like paul George for most improved? He basically is producing an almost identical season to last year, except he's getting alot more minutes so his numbers have naturally increased.
Same can be said for asik and harden too, neither one has improved noticeably in any area other than minutes and usage

DPG21920
03-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Same can be said for asik and harden too, neither one has improved noticeably in any area other than minutes and usage

Agree and disagree. While that may be true, it's not always easy to maintain per-minute numbers just by getting more minutes. Especially the really solid per-minute guys with limited minutes making the jump to full time starter/extended minutes and keeping that per-minute about the same.

While more opportunity tends to lead to better stats, it's often that the per-minute superstars always work out when given a larger role/contract. In the case of Asik/Harden, to me it's damn impressive what they are doing.

Grit and Grind
03-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Jarret Jack >>> Crawford tbh

JamStone
03-11-2013, 03:28 PM

Understood that with more usage and more primary touches with the ball, Harden's numbers would naturally get better at least in terms of scoring and assists, but they are at a noticeably higher rate. It doesn't seem to be just a matter of more minutes and more touches. And isn't that off set somewhat anyway because with more primary touches, he's getting more focus and attention from opposing defenses, more double teams, more denials, more traps. And I guess you can see that in his lowered shooting percentage. But to me, his per 36 minute scoring and assists don't seem to be just a product of more minutes and touches. He's actually raised his level of play while going from a third option to the main guy offensively.

HarlemHeat37
03-11-2013, 03:32 PM
MVP: Lebron
ROTY: Lillard
DPOY: Noah
Coach: Vogel
6th man: Jarrett Jack
MIP: Larry Sanders

spurraider21
03-11-2013, 03:33 PM
MVP - who you think?
ROY - who you think?
DPOY - Tim
MIP - Harden. Love Paul George too, but the beard has the youngest nba team on his back
COY - Pop. All these wins despite plenty of injuries to key cogs. Best record helps too
EOY - Morey. Has set up his franchise for years to come

whitemamba
03-11-2013, 03:41 PM
MVP - lebron * if the lakers go on a winning streak and better that record, im going with Kobe no question.
ROY- Lillard
DPOY- Howard
COY- Pop
6th Man- Crawford by default

Brunodf
03-11-2013, 04:08 PM
MVP - Lebron
ROY - Lillard
DPOY - TD and isn't even close
MIP - P.George
COY - Golden State or Indiana coach

Grit and Grind
03-11-2013, 04:10 PM
MVP - Lebron
ROY - Lillard
DPOY - TD and isn't even close
MIP - P.George
COY - Golden State or Indiana coach
How did SAS give the Blazers 136 points .. Spurs not even a great defense team you have to anchor a good defensive team to be DPOY tbh that
s why its Lebron or MG

Brunodf
03-11-2013, 04:16 PM
How did SAS give the Blazers 136 points .. Spurs not even a great defense team you have to anchor a good defensive team to be DPOY tbh that
s why its Lebron or MG
:lolPicking one game(u didn't watch the game, 4th quarter was garbage time and they did give up 46 points),
Tim Duncan DRtg = 94. M.Gasol = 99. Noah = 96. Lebron= 102
Spurs is top 3 in defensive ratings.

Grit and Grind
03-11-2013, 04:19 PM
:lolPicking one game(u didn't watch the game, 4th quarter was garbage time and they did give up 46 points),
Tim Duncan DRtg = 94. M.Gasol = 99. Noah = 96. Lebron= 102
Spurs is top 3 in defensive ratings.Defensive ratings is for nerd . They are in the middle of the pack in PPG per game while Memphis is tops in PPG allowed IJS .

Brunodf
03-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Defensive ratings is for nerd . They are in the middle of the pack in PPG per game while Memphis is tops in PPG allowed IJS .
:lmaoStupid post, slow pace don't make your defense good.

AussieFanKurt
03-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Chandler Parsons should get votes for MIP, and I hope Jack wins 6MOY

Double-Up
03-11-2013, 05:44 PM

There's only 2 things:

1. make the playoffs

There is nothing else.

Same old shit I see, you never learn do you...child molesting fuck. :lol

Mal
03-11-2013, 06:03 PM
The first two are relativly easy. MVP for Bron, Rookie for Lillard. MIP to Paul George.

6th men to Crawford, probably.

DPOTY should go for Duncan, since there isnt any guy who could take it. Duncan deserves it for whole career, and this year his stats are pretty good.

COTY. There is a problem. Should go guy from team with good record. None of Pop, Spo, Brooks, Hollins, Karl, Wooden, Del Negro, Vogel really deserves it. Marc Jackson did great job in GS, and if they dont screw him, with getting 7-8 seed, he`d be my choise.

Scrub
03-11-2013, 06:06 PM
MIP=Nikola Vucevic

2011/12 5.5 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 0.6 APG, 0.7 BPG, 0.45 FG%, 0.53 FT%
2012/13 12.3 PPG, 11.4 RPG, 1.7 APG, 1 BPG, 0.525 FG%, 0.68 FT%

KL2
03-11-2013, 06:08 PM
MVP: Parker
DPOY: Duncan
COY: Pop
MIP: Kawhi Leonard
ROY: fuck it, give it to Kawhi
6th man: Manu

Koolaid_Man
03-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Here are my selections:

CIM: LeBron James
GREEK: Kevin Durant
BBBJ: Tim Duncan
Pearl Necklace: Blake Griffin
GFE: Chris Bosh
DATY: CP3
ATM: Daryl Morey

LkrFan
03-12-2013, 12:01 AM
DPOY: J Noah
MIP: Uncle Drew
COY: Spo
6MOY: J Crawford

Latarian Milton
03-12-2013, 12:33 AM
bron is a lock for the MVP award. lillard is by far the most impressive player out of all 2012 draftees but i wouldn't feel too surprised if they split the award between him and unibrow, like how they did in 00' between steve and brand. DPOY will either go to noah who's the defensive anchor on the league's best defensive team, or to big daddy tyson again, TOSB duncan looks rejuvenated this season but it would still sound like a joke to me if the award was given to the 37yr old tbh.

CoY is gonna be a tough call since many coaches have done well enough to candidate for this award. teams like warriors and rockets are overachievers this season and their coaches deserve credit for their leaping improvements but it's still gonna be hard for me to pick guys like McHale or something over pop and _'antoni tbh. pop managed to maintain a perennial contender with the dead corpses of TOSBs, while _'antoni rescued a giant from the brink of missing the playoffs

UNCLE-DREW
03-12-2013, 06:31 AM
The first two are relativly easy. MVP for Bron, Rookie for Lillard. MIP to Paul George.

6th men to Crawford, probably.

DPOTY should go for Duncan, since there isnt any guy who could take it. Duncan deserves it for whole career, and this year his stats are pretty good.

COTY. There is a problem. Should go guy from team with good record. None of Pop, Spo, Brooks, Hollins, Karl, Wooden, Del Negro, Vogel really deserves it. Marc Jackson did great job in GS, and if they dont screw him, with getting 7-8 seed, he`d be my choise.

i forgot about Marc Jackson he would be my choice also. He did an amazing job with an overarchieving team

mercos
03-12-2013, 11:37 AM
MVP: Lebron. I was leaning towards CP3 or Parker early on, but injuries derailed both, and Lebron has went ape shit since.
ROY: Lillard. For obvious reasons.
DPOY: Duncan. No one stands out this year, and Duncan has never won it when he should have.
COY: Thibs. Mark Jackson was my early frontrunner, but Warriors are collapsing of late. Tough job coaching without your best player all year.
6MOY: Jamal Crawford.
MIP: Larry Sanders. Points per game more than doubled, rebounds per game tripled.

Clipper Nation
03-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Jarret Jack >>> Crawford tbh
How so? Jack puts up less points per game than Crawford on a worse FG%, TS%, and eFG%, which is pretty embarrassing for Jack considering Crawford takes some of the lowest-percentage shots possible on a basketball court.... they have the same offensive rating but Jamal's defensive rating is better....

Seems pretty clear-cut that Crawford > Jack, tbh....

Grit and Grind
03-12-2013, 02:55 PM
How so? Jack puts up less points per game than Crawford on a worse FG%, TS%, and eFG%, which is pretty embarrassing for Jack considering Crawford takes some of the lowest-percentage shots possible on a basketball court.... they have the same offensive rating but Jamal's defensive rating is better....

Seems pretty clear-cut that Crawford > Jack, tbh....

Jacks FG% is higher dipshet

AaronY
03-13-2013, 02:04 PM
George is probably the best perimeter defender in the league next to Lebron. He's improved by leaps and bounds on that end

Roger Freemason Jr.
03-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Duncan probably won't be, but he deserves to be the DPOY. If you don't think so, you haven't been watching the Spurs. Duncan gets so many blocks, but the most impressive thing about those blocks, is they come below the rim, on purpose.. So that it leaves the opportunity for a defensive rebound, instead of a show-boaty block into the stands, giving the team another opportunity, which could result in a worse outcome, like a 3.

Koolaid_Man
03-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Duncan desrves the BBBJ and Greeks awards

hater
03-13-2013, 04:45 PM
lebron
lilard
chandler
harden
karl

da_suns_fan
03-13-2013, 05:21 PM

"Yay points" thesis:

http://wagesofwins.com/the-yay-points-thesis/

da_suns_fan
03-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Popovic is "coach of the year" and its not even close:

http://www.thenbageek.com/teams/sas?direction=desc&sort=%22WP48%22

He has SIX guys playing at a high level and even managed to get good production from Boris Diaw again.

Kidd K
03-13-2013, 05:36 PM
MVP: LeBron James has it on lock
DPOY: Joakim Noah or Marc Gasol. (They won't give it to Duncan due to minutes played)
COY: George Karl (but Pop deserves it due to winning through so many injuries)
MIP: Omer Asik (though Paul George is a possibility. Some nice improvements from some guys this year)
6MOY: Jamal Crawford probably (JR Smith may get votes due to being in NY)