PDA

View Full Version : quesiton for tech people

mysterious_elf26
07-06-2005, 08:59 AM
U guys have helped me in making decisions before, so please help me once again. Is there a huge difference between 1.60, 1.80, and 2.00 Intel Pentium M processor. By huge difference, I mean is it extremely noticeable. Also, how are Dell notebooks? I heard their destops were pretty good, but I have not heard much about their notebooks.

Thanks

Useruser666
07-06-2005, 09:06 AM
The harder you use your computer the more you will notice the difference. If you only use it for basic stuff, writing letters, spreadsheets, and emails then it won't make that big of a deal. For games, video editing, and ripping music it will mean more load on the CPU.

mouse
07-06-2005, 09:30 AM
look out for the DEll ass holes. They make thier shit so you have to call them for help.
have you ever tried to replace a HD on a Dell 2400 ? they put a metal bracket in the way you have to peel it back.

Then they want you to use their rescue disc when you have problems,

have you ever tried to stick a Dell CD in another Pc to extract some drivers?

it's a pain in the ass. plus they are over priced you have to wait years to even get the rebate check, Joe Chalupa paid 400 cash for a tower and it had no floppy drive,

I had to take out his HD and stick it in my Pc just to properly remove a virus.

There is a pawn shop on fred road that has two cool lap tops for very cheap don't waste your money on a new one , your just going to drop it on the floor sooner or later anyway.

Xolotl
07-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Yeah if I may ask what will be its primary purpose?

mouse
07-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Yeah if I may ask what will be its primary purpose?

To copy pictures from Slomo to post at an Nsync forum :lmao

Xolotl
07-06-2005, 09:36 AM
To copy pictures from Slomo to post at an Nsync forum :lmao

:lol

mysterious_elf26
07-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Well, which brand do you guys suggest that has a 12" screen. I'm looking for a small one that I can do school work, surf the web, and listen to music.

Thanks

Xolotl
07-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Well, which brand do you guys suggest that has a 12" screen. I'm looking for a small one that I can do school work, surf the web, and listen to music.

Thanks

If thats what your using it for then pretty much any will do. Ive had Dells and haven't experienced the same problems Senor Raton has. Like somebody said if its not really for video games and memory heavy programs then the lowest one out there will be fine.

Marklar MM
07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
All depends on what you want. Just search around for user reviews and such online.

JoeChalupa
07-06-2005, 02:09 PM
look out for the DEll ass holes. They make thier shit so you have to call them for help.
have you ever tried to replace a HD on a Dell 2400 ? they put a metal bracket in the way you have to peel it back.

Then they want you to use their rescue disc when you have problems,

have you ever tried to stick a Dell CD in another Pc to extract some drivers?

it's a pain in the ass. plus they are over priced you have to wait years to even get the rebate check, Joe Chalupa paid 400 cash for a tower and it had no floppy drive,

I had to take out his HD and stick it in my Pc just to properly remove a virus.

There is a pawn shop on fred road that has two cool lap tops for very cheap don't waste your money on a new one , your just going to drop it on the floor sooner or later anyway.

Major Kudos to Mouse for fixing my Dell from Hell. I got some kind of crap on there and he fixed it and it is working okay.
No more new PC's for me...I'm going to have Mouse build one from the millions of parts he has laying around....of course that's if he'll take my calls.

Oh the drama..................