PDA

View Full Version : Cyclists

Blake
03-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Not really talking about people that need a bicycle for transportation, I'm talking the fluorescent Spandex mother fuckers that are getting their exercise in at 5pm down a two lane street.

I hate you.

Spur|n|Austin
03-12-2013, 04:03 PM
They truly think they own the roads here in Austin; it's gotten very bad Northwest.

Sportcamper
03-12-2013, 04:06 PM
I stay on the side walk during commute hours cause of folks like you….

Spur|n|Austin
03-12-2013, 04:17 PM

Good, spread the advice!

Blake
03-12-2013, 04:41 PM

I'm hoping a day will come when cyclists using non-residential streets will need to take cyclist education, pass a cyclist test, get a cyclist license and be forced to install lights and reflectors.

Maybe if my hate grows big enough, I'll write my congressman.

Latarian Milton
03-12-2013, 06:08 PM
ive been using bicycles as my main method of transportation since i got busted driving the stolen car in south palm beach last time tbh, grandma hides the key where i have no business of finding it.

DMC
03-12-2013, 06:36 PM
They have bike lanes downtown Austin and these ass clowns will ride on the line, then they won't stop at the light and you're along side them making a right turn. I saw one guy get clobbered for that move. A woman in a BMW ran his ass over as he was running the red light and she was making a right turn. She didn't see him and the cyclists never slow down. I've seen them never slow down at stop signs and lights, even with cops behind them, and the cop ignores it.

Mark919
03-12-2013, 10:51 PM
The dumb shit is when they wait for red lights behind cars instead of using the sidewalk or whatever.time to start putting stickers,plates and lights on their bikes.:bang

spursncowboys
03-12-2013, 11:57 PM
I hate the assholes who make me follow behind them but when we get to a stop light, they breeze through with the crosswalk people.

Hey sure you have the right of way, but being right when you get hit by a half ton truck still sucks.

Wild Cobra
03-13-2013, 03:32 AM
They have bike lanes downtown Austin and these ass clowns will ride on the line, then they won't stop at the light and you're along side them making a right turn. I saw one guy get clobbered for that move. A woman in a BMW ran his ass over as he was running the red light and she was making a right turn. She didn't see him and the cyclists never slow down. I've seen them never slow down at stop signs and lights, even with cops behind them, and the cop ignores it.
Time for a traffic cam when you flip one over your hood for their actions.

Drachen
03-13-2013, 08:41 AM
The dumb shit is when they wait for red lights behind cars instead of using the sidewalk or whatever.time to start putting stickers,plates and lights on their bikes.:bang

I hate the assholes who make me follow behind them but when we get to a stop light, they breeze through with the crosswalk people.

Hey sure you have the right of way, but being right when you get hit by a half ton truck still sucks.

The fact that these two comments came one right after the other is hilarious.

As far as the discussion;

As someone who likes to ride, I wouldn't have a problem with a extra 5 dollar tax being added to the cost of a bike for the purpose of road upkeep. I also don't have an issue with cops enforcing traffic laws with bikes. You roll through a stop sign? Ticket that man.

Spur-Addict
03-13-2013, 08:49 AM
The worst is when you have to go around them, but cross into the other side of traffic to do so. Fake ass Lance Armstrongs

silverblk mystix
03-13-2013, 09:30 AM
You people carry a lot of anger and hate inside you. I am appalled.

I love cyclists. They are doing their part evironmentally and I respect that.

clambake
03-13-2013, 11:20 AM
you should ride a bike. its faster than running.

TeyshaBlue
03-13-2013, 11:23 AM
you should ride a bike. its faster than running.

holy shit.:lmao

Blake
03-13-2013, 11:29 AM
I drive a 2012 Ford Mustang 5.0 six-speed manual fuckhead!

I might just go terrorize the neighborhood and scare the shit out of women and children after watching this stupid coach get the whole team embarrassed!

silverblk mystix
03-13-2013, 12:19 PM
I am sure blake actually believes that post was serious...yes...i care that much when the spurs lose...:sleep

Blake
03-13-2013, 12:21 PM
I believe you drive a mustang, pussy.

silverblk mystix
03-13-2013, 12:34 PM
I believe you drive a mustang, pussy.

I believe you are a cuck. cuck.

symple19
03-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Northern California was (is) filled with these fuckheads. I would gladly breathe a little more smog for cyclist free roads.

The outfits they wear are absurd. When you're 40-something, wearing spandex with a bunch of companies plastered all over like you're sponsored, and oblivious to all traffic laws, you should be run over (lengthwise) by a giant bulldozer... Twice

But, the absolute worst are the hipsters on their 1 gear, banana seat, basket on the front, circa 1957-style bikes with the ironic bell on the handlebars. Those people are what .50 Cal Browning MG's were made for... And IED's... And flamethrowers.

Blake
03-13-2013, 12:37 PM
I believe you are a cuck. cuck.

Because you're stupid, pussy.

lol label

silverblk mystix
03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Because you're stupid, pussy.

lol label

Why are you so angry and unhappy all the time?

I will break it down for you...simple little question - because I want to help you....ready? Ok...

What happens when you squeeze a lemon?

Drachen
03-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Northern California was (is) filled with these fuckheads. I would gladly breathe a little more smog for cyclist free roads.

The outfits they wear are absurd. When you're 40-something, wearing spandex with a bunch of companies plastered all over like you're sponsored, and oblivious to all traffic laws, you should be run over (lengthwise) by a giant bulldozer... Twice

But, the absolute worst are the hipsters on their 1 gear, banana seat, basket on the front, circa 1957-style bikes with the ironic bell on the handlebars. Those people are what .50 Cal Browning MG's were made for... And IED's... And flamethrowers.

I'll be honest, I put on one of those outfits for the first time recently, because of the padded shorts and it is super comfortable to ride in. I won't wear the full outfit out in public until about 20 pounds from now, but for now the shorts are great (especially the fact that you don't have to worry about your pants working their way down due to the suspender things). That being said, I don't care what is on the outfit. I bought the one I bought because it was cheap. It has pistachios on it. I don't give a fuck though. I am not out there to look good. I am out there, to look good.

Blake
03-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Why are you so angry and unhappy all the time?

I will break it down for you...simple little question - because I want to help you....ready? Ok...

What happens when you squeeze a lemon?

Rofl coming from the cop that made a threat to put another poster in the hospital just yesterday. /rofl

Blake
03-13-2013, 02:04 PM
I'll be honest, I put on one of those outfits for the first time recently, because of the padded shorts and it is super comfortable to ride in. I won't wear the full outfit out in public until about 20 pounds from now, but for now the shorts are great (especially the fact that you don't have to worry about your pants working their way down due to the suspender things). That being said, I don't care what is on the outfit. I bought the one I bought because it was cheap. It has pistachios on it. I don't give a fuck though. I am not out there to look good. I am out there, to look good.

lol if i haven't seen you, I've seen 100+ that look just like that.

Wild Cobra
03-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Those of you who want medical insurance to cover everything should be glad that people ride donorscycles.

Drachen
03-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Try to keep up WC. This is about bicycles.

Wild Cobra
03-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Try to keep up WC. This is about bicycles.
They are donorcycles too.

symple19
03-13-2013, 02:21 PM

Assuming you're being honest... Why Spandex? Why not a normal pair of shorts over the scary spandex if you're dead-set on having padded pants? Why, after losing 20 lbs, would you feel the need to don the matching stretchy top?

Are you doing time trials? Is being aerodynamic going to really make a difference?

Drachen
03-13-2013, 02:38 PM
why wouldn't I be honest? I am going to come on here and tell y'all that it feels really comfortable to wear an embarrassing pistachio outfit for fun? LOL

The reason why I don't want to wear shorts over the bike shorts is that it will trap the sweat that the bike shorts wick away which is not good for long rides. Now I can wear sweat wicking shorts over the bike shorts, but that still presents a problem that the excess friction can wear the bike shorts down sooner. As far as the stretchy top, it also wicks sweat and if it has a zipper in the front, so if I get too hot, I can zip it down and get more air.

I am not doing time trials, I am not going to win any races, I just signed up for the MS150 using a borrowed road bike (if anyone wants to donate, PM me!), but the outfit is comfortable, and functional. I am dead set on wearing padded shorts because the more that I am riding longer and longer distances, it begins to hurt. I got used to it last year because I started riding only 1 mile, then two, then 4, etc so I slowly built my tolerance but that is because I was out of shape. Then I took five months off, and lost that tolerance, but I can still ride 20 miles at once. Without that tolerance, it hurts, especially when I try to get on multiple times in a week. Even if I build my tolerance back up, I am going to try something I have never done before later on this year. 150 miles in two days. And you know what? I am going to but a fucking 150 sticker on my car (if they exist), not because I am proud of my accomplishment or whatever, but specifically to raise the blood pressure of some of the posters here.

Also Blake you didn't see me, I just got the outfit and only wore the pants in public.

TeyshaBlue
03-13-2013, 02:54 PM
why wouldn't I be honest? I am going to come on here and tell y'all that it feels really comfortable to wear an embarrassing pistachio outfit for fun?

Also Blake you didn't see me, I just got the outfit and only wore the pants in public.

So you're gay. Nothing wrong with that.:tu

mrsmaalox
03-13-2013, 02:58 PM
:tu You go Drachen!! I wear my tight little spandex things not because they make my ass and tits look mahvelous, but because they make me run better ;)

Drachen
03-13-2013, 03:02 PM
So you're gay. Nothing wrong with that.:tu

LOL. Well, I probably would have worn the shirt out in public, but my "wife" told me I wasn't allowed to wear it until I dropped 10. I decided on 20.

Drachen
03-13-2013, 03:04 PM
:tu You go Drachen!! I wear my tight little spandex things not because they make my ass and tits look mahvelous, but because they make me run better ;)

Pics or it didn't happen! :lol

No, Nothing looks amazing on me in that outfit. I just don't give a shit.

SA210
03-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Chump loves cycling. He left his photo album in the politics forum, just droppin it off here. You're welcome.

http://www.bendbulletin.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BB&Date=20110103&Category=NEWS0107&ArtNo=101030370&Ref=AR&MaxW=321

Blake
03-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Chump loves cycling. He left his photo album in the politics forum, just droppin it off here. You're welcome.

smh obsession

silverblk mystix
03-13-2013, 03:44 PM
I am here for my man all day and all night -just spray it on my face please!!!

:lmao

leemajors
03-13-2013, 06:12 PM
why wouldn't I be honest? I am going to come on here and tell y'all that it feels really comfortable to wear an embarrassing pistachio outfit for fun? LOL

The reason why I don't want to wear shorts over the bike shorts is that it will trap the sweat that the bike shorts wick away which is not good for long rides. Now I can wear sweat wicking shorts over the bike shorts, but that still presents a problem that the excess friction can wear the bike shorts down sooner. As far as the stretchy top, it also wicks sweat and if it has a zipper in the front, so if I get too hot, I can zip it down and get more air.

I am not doing time trials, I am not going to win any races, I just signed up for the MS150 using a borrowed road bike (if anyone wants to donate, PM me!), but the outfit is comfortable, and functional. I am dead set on wearing padded shorts because the more that I am riding longer and longer distances, it begins to hurt. I got used to it last year because I started riding only 1 mile, then two, then 4, etc so I slowly built my tolerance but that is because I was out of shape. Then I took five months off, and lost that tolerance, but I can still ride 20 miles at once. Without that tolerance, it hurts, especially when I try to get on multiple times in a week. Even if I build my tolerance back up, I am going to try something I have never done before later on this year. 150 miles in two days. And you know what? I am going to but a fucking 150 sticker on my car (if they exist), not because I am proud of my accomplishment or whatever, but specifically to raise the blood pressure of some of the posters here.

Might wanna get the bike fitted before you try the 150. A few degress of seat tilt (vertical and/or horizontal) can make all the difference comfort-wise, assuming you have the height right. I angle my seat a degree or two to the right to accomodate the boys, and also tilted slightly nose down. I also have a pair of wicking tights for the winter, but i do wear shorts over them cause i keep a phone in my pocket for gps tracking.

I ride 120 miles or so a week, but i stay well away from the main roads if i can help it, unless there is a nice bike lane with minimal debris.

TeyshaBlue
03-14-2013, 11:29 AM

Keep going.....just a little more......:lol

Drachen
03-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Might wanna get the bike fitted before you try the 150. A few degress of seat tilt (vertical and/or horizontal) can make all the difference comfort-wise, assuming you have the height right. I angle my seat a degree or two to the right to accomodate the boys, and also tilted slightly nose down. I also have a pair of wicking tights for the winter, but i do wear shorts over them cause i keep a phone in my pocket for gps tracking.

I ride 120 miles or so a week, but i stay well away from the main roads if i can help it, unless there is a nice bike lane with minimal debris.

I will, this is my buddy's extra bike, but it will pretty much be mine for the time while I am training and using it. Hopefully I can get one of my own in the summer or something, but that is unlikely.

Drachen
03-14-2013, 01:30 PM

"this feeling of looking gooooood makes me want to go that extra mile"

mrsmaalox
03-14-2013, 02:35 PM

"this feeling of looking gooooood makes me want to go that extra mile"

Mmmm it hurts SO good ;)

Frank Dux
03-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Cyclists are out of control where I live in Colorado. They ride side by side on the shoulder of the highway on the way to the mountains, with one cyclist always veering into 60+mph traffic causing cars to swerve and brake. It gets worse in the mountains where there's no shoulder and no guard rails to keep you from flying off a mountain. Cyclists still choose to ride in areas where the speed is 40 mph and there are endless turns and blind spots. It's bad when you come around a corner at 30-40 mph and all the sudden you're right up on some idiot in spandex who's in the middle of the road and struggling to go 5 mph because of an incline, and the only reason he's doing it is because he never realized Lance was a fraud.

bus driver
03-15-2013, 10:26 AM
cyclists and motorcyclist drive like the own the rode until they get hit then they want to act all innocent and shit.

:flipoff

Wild Cobra
03-15-2013, 05:38 PM
cyclists and motorcyclist drive like the own the rode until they get hit then they want to act all innocent and shit.

:flipoff
So do stupid drivers.

One of the most dangerous I see are those who roll past stop signs and accelerate once they see the path clear. There is a blindspot where the doorframe of the car is, that at the right speeds, you don't see pedestrians, bicycles, other cars, etc. It varies with car type, but these accidents probably occur more often when someone with this bad habbit changes the car type they drive. When these people cause accident, they often accuse someone of some illegal act and say "but I didn't see you. Where did you come from?"

Following too close. Fuck you all who do this. I'm getting ready to place a bicycle rack on the back bumper of my sedan and brake check people.

Frank Dux
03-15-2013, 06:06 PM
So do stupid drivers.

One of the most dangerous I see are those who roll past stop signs and accelerate once they see the path clear. There is a blindspot where the doorframe of the car is, that at the right speeds, you don't see pedestrians, bicycles, other cars, etc. It varies with car type, but these accidents probably occur more often when someone with this bad habbit changes the car type they drive. When these people cause accident, they often accuse someone of some illegal act and say "but I didn't see you. Where did you come from?"

Following too close. Fuck you all who do this. I'm getting ready to place a bicycle rack on the back bumper of my sedan and brake check people.

The worst I see, and I see it at least once nearly every single day where I live in Denver, is cyclists who completely ignore stop signs and red lights. I almost hit a cyclist this morning who blasted straight through a 2-way stop. There were no stop signs on the street I was on and he just went straight through his stop sign without even looking. I came within a few feet of him going while going 30mph. Idiot came damn close to winning a Darwin award.