PDA

View Full Version : Nando Had a Solid Night

superjames1992
03-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Among the death and destruction, Nando played very well, tbh!

It was great to see him finally play well again. Maybe Pop will give him another chance. He certainly deserves the PG spot over Neal or Patty Cakes. Cojo has been playing well, though...

Boomersgold
03-12-2013, 09:22 PM
It'll still end up being Neal.

freetiago
03-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Wolves have some of the worst defensive guards in the league minus Rubio
and Nando is straight garbage in any game any of the big 3 play in
i wont count ginobili as part of the big 3 anymore
if he wants to do well he has to show he can do it when everybody is playing
and not be to cocky to think hes to good for the d-league
non-spur material right there tbh

TheGoldStandard
03-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Nando is still a rookie, doesn't look for his own shot will defer and has 0 confidence when the stars are playing. Another season and a camp and he'll be ready to actually shoot and create more.

I agree that Pop will turn to Neal and then look surprised when he dribbles it off his foot and gets trapped when he turns his back to the basket.

ElNono
03-12-2013, 09:39 PM
I thought he was atrocious... he couldn't get the offense going at any point. tbh, the backup PG spot at this point is CoJo's to lose. Mills was pretty bad too.

superjames1992
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM
I thought he was atrocious... he couldn't get the offense going at any point. tbh, the backup PG spot at this point is CoJo's to lose. Mills was pretty bad too.
Agreed, tbh. CoJo has been pretty impressive since his call-up. I will gladly say I was wrong about him. Of course, we'll see how he progresses once teams start getting his scouting reports.

Patty Cakes was awful tonight, as you said, as well.

freetiago
03-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Patty is a streaky shooter is who is by far the worst pg defender on the team
goes underneath every screen and lets the guy have at least 2 seconds to get his shot set
Joseph has been very solid defensively but he creates absolutely nothing
his points come of transition or cuts to the basket
thats nice but as a PG he needs to get them off pick and roll which he cant run in the nba
hes the best backup on the team vs Bledsoe but vs Steve Blake/Fisher/whoever else well play Neal is probably the best choice since he can match up with them and produce offensively

Bruno
03-12-2013, 09:55 PM
All in all, Nando has had a quite good rookie season. It's a good sign for next season.

TheGoldStandard
03-13-2013, 12:21 AM
I never understood the Spurs need to stockpile undersize shooting guards.

Pasta Batman
03-13-2013, 12:24 AM
All in all, Nando has had a quite good rookie season. It's a good sign for next season.

Especially since there are low odds of Neal returning and maybe Patty returning. CJ and Nando look promising for next season. Maybe CJ will see some spot playoff minutes against reserves.

hater
03-20-2013, 10:06 PM
bump

Im amost sold on him being the backup PG :tu :tu

ElNono
03-20-2013, 10:08 PM
he played great tonight... shouldn't go unnoticed he had to guard Jarret Jack who has been a Spurskiller and did great there...

Obstructed_View
03-20-2013, 10:20 PM
He played like a guy playing for his job tonight. All he has to do is duplicate it every time he gets an opportunity to play from here on out.

superjames1992
03-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Yeah, tonight was one of the best games of the season for him.

I have a feeling that he may end up getting the nod for backup PG. Neal didn't play tonight and Nando played extended minutes. Cory Joseph really didn't play much, either, aside from the first ~6 minutes of each half.

TheGoldStandard
03-21-2013, 12:06 AM
He played with confidence tonight, didn't defer but passed when it was the best option and shot when he had a good look.

Truckules
03-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Only thing Gary has on Nando is that he doesn't turn it over as much. If Nando can find a way to remain aggressive while limiting his turnovers, then he should certainly be the backup point guard.

TheGoldStandard
03-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Only thing Gary has on Nando is that he doesn't turn it over as much. If Nando can find a way to remain aggressive while limiting his turnovers, then he should certainly be the backup point guard.

Gary is prone to turnovers when he's running the point, he turns his back to the basket way too much and picks up his dribble prematurely when pressured. Nando has more feel for the ball but his confidence is wavering.

Pop
03-21-2013, 12:36 AM
He can play as well as he wants, he will still be too slow to guard the PG we will need to guard in the POs.

Cojo should be a lock for backup PG tbh.

TheGoldStandard
03-21-2013, 12:40 AM
He can play as well as he wants, he will still be too slow to guard the PG we will need to guard in the POs.

Parker will be playing big minutes in the playoffs so I don't see us sticking with Nando or Cojo when the starters are in the game.

racm
03-21-2013, 12:44 AM

Neal has a better TOV% than De Colo because he shoots more. However, a missed shot is usually just as bad as a turnover, and given the Spurs' not crashing the offensive glass it pretty much is.

spurraider21
03-21-2013, 12:45 AM

could very well be a matchup thing. Nando has shown he can play good D against some of the bigger guards who aren't necessarily lightning quick. He did well on Jack today. I also recall him doing reasonably well on D-Wade in that Miami game this year

Brunodf
03-21-2013, 01:16 AM
Nando/Cojo/Mills>>>Neal

Spurs Brazil
03-21-2013, 06:01 PM
2 good games. If he keeps playing like this he'll be the backup PG in the Playoffs

Dr. John R. Brinkley
03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
The weird thing about Neal is that he seems to have excellent handles when he's trying to take his man off the dribble in an obvious effort to score, but when he's dribbling and trying to act like a point guard his confidence immediately wanes and his handle vanishes.

As for Nando, he showed great glimpses this year...which is probably all you can hope for in a rookie, as the key to being a solid player is often consistency.

Ice009
03-22-2013, 12:23 AM
Really please with the way Nando has played the last couple of games. If he can bring that type of aggressiveness consistently I have no problem with him being the back up PG. I'm OK with Cory too. Cory needs to get a little more aggressive offensively though.

Don't want Neal or Mills anywhere near the backup PG spot in the playoffs, and I have no problem with Neal playing SG in certain lineups and match ups.