PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Next Article Topic

MarkTravis
03-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Hey guys,

Since you are one of the biggest and best Spurs communities on the internet, I figured I would reach out to you to here what topics about the Spurs you are most interested in reading about.

Here is a poll with some players that I can do an in-depth breakdown of if you are interested. If there is another topic/player I leave out, just let me know in a post.

I will likely be able to post it here: http://www.caller.com/staff/mark-travis/

Thanks!

freetiago
03-12-2013, 10:43 PM
whos more of a TOSB at this point
Jackson or Manu

why is pop still rolling with a turd tower frontcourt after x amount of years
when will pop call plays for splitter/kawhi
how does Baynes have more blocks in a 10 minute game then the turds have in their entire careers

spursparker9
03-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Please convince us why Manu is still effective?

To me he either the 5th or 6th best player on the team now, behind Parker, Duncan, Leonard, Splitter, Green.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-12-2013, 10:49 PM
whos more of a TOSB at this point
Jackson or Manu

why is pop still rolling with a turd tower frontcourt after x amount of years
when will pop call plays for splitter/kawhi

:lol did you not see the RefKC game last night.

MarkTravis
03-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Please convince us why Manu is still effective?

To me he either the 5th or 6th best player on the team now, behind Parker, Duncan, Leonard, Splitter, Green.

Here's a quick nugget without delving too deeply in case I do it for an article: Tim Duncan has produced .966 point per possessions this season according to Synergy Sports Technology. Manu has produced .967 points per possession. That doesn't mean he is better than Duncan, but it does mean he is still effective, and certainly not a TOSB (I had to look that up on Urban Dictionary).

freetiago
03-12-2013, 10:55 PM
pretty tame topics you have selected
Duncans improvement is due to his increased mobility
and Porkers increased point guard play leading to better mid range shots
and him becoming a better mid range shooter as evidenced by his career high free throw percentage

Joseph is just a place holder
can play D and wont throw the ball into the 3rd row unlike a certain Argentinian on the team
cant score unless off cuts to the basket, doesnt really create plays

Danny Green is slightly better at finishing at the basket who is still horrible on nba standards
becoming more consistent at least

Jackson getting lots of minutes even though hes garbage in every aspect and just complains and Manu being force fed are the two biggest problems right now imo

Chinook
03-12-2013, 11:07 PM
My heart wants you to write about Green's improvement, but honestly, I think the play of Joseph is more pertinent right now. I'd love to hear your take on both, though.

MarkTravis
03-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Fill me in, which two bigs make up the turd towers? Boris Diaw and Matt Bonner?

MarkTravis
03-12-2013, 11:08 PM
My heart wants you to write about Green's improvement, but honestly, I think the play of Joseph is more pertinent right now. I'd love to hear your take on both, though.

I am sure I will end up writing both before now and the end of the year, but I agree that my window to write about Joseph is shorter.

freetiago
03-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Bonner/Blair and Diaw is making it a big 3 triple turd tower with his recent play
actually the regression of Diaw could be a solid topic
he actually had espn articles at the beginning of the season highlighting how great he was defensively
hes disappeared on both ends now on top of his already passive play

we know Baynes is green but he displayed impressive rim protecting ability in limited minutes

ElNono
03-12-2013, 11:13 PM
I voted for Joseph because I think it's an interesting topic seeing none of the other guards seemingly 'won-out' the backup PG spot. While I think the odds of Pop sticking with Corey for the postseason are slim to basically none, I do think he fits the defensive mold this team adopted this season.

BTW, I disagree with Jack having a nightmarish season, in the sense that I expected him to be the likeliest guy to pull a Horry during the regular season. I think he's still a piece that can contribute in important moments (like last night guarding Durant for stretches). He's just not going to get up for every game.

MarkTravis
03-13-2013, 06:53 AM
Baynes seems like an interesting guy haha.

Spursfanfromafar
03-13-2013, 10:57 AM
While I agree that Stephen Jackson is having a nightmarish season by his standards, i think the more important topic is Cory Joseph's ability to occupy the backup PG spot. Tim, Manu are both well discussed and I think Danny Green is also flying over the radar. Joseph is going to play an important role player's role in the Playoffs, I reckon and merits discussion, which is lacking elsewhere among the basketball commentariat.