PDA

View Full Version : Official meltdown thread after the Timberwolves loss

Pop
03-12-2013, 11:58 PM
Another blowout loss :lol.

Another game where we get outrebounded, this time by a team that has a frontline that's missing two nobodies called Love and Pekovich :lol.

Pop going with the turd towers and midgetball when it is known that the only way to beat Miami is to punish them inside but it's not like we're getting that far :lol.

Coach just giving up and allowing his team to take it up the ass without any resistance :lol.

:lol at not trying to get Baynes ready and instead playing the turd towers, :pop:'s confidence must make them all warm and fuzzy inside, defies all logic.

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN
(https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN)Manu wasn't in the mood to rationalize another lopsided loss: "It's happening too often now That should worry us."

Manu is worried but Spurstalk isn't :lol.

Pop is probably writing his elimination speech, making sure to point out how we actually overachieved all year thanks to his great system instead of disappointing in crunch time because of his shitty rotations :lol.

spurraider21
03-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Tony Parker and Tim Duncan don't matter tbh

lakerhaterade
03-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Burn the tape

Floyd Pacquiao
03-13-2013, 12:03 AM
:lol thinking the turd towers are gonna play in playoffs

xtremesteven33
03-13-2013, 12:04 AM
Nothing to be seriously worried about. We took the NBA Champions down to the wire with an even worse squad. The Timberwolves had this date circled for a while now and the Spurs are just trying to keep their head above water to make it to the playoffs.

Nothing to be deeply concerned about.

TheGoldStandard
03-13-2013, 12:04 AM
Yesterdays rotation seems more like what we'll see in the playoffs especially the front court, lots of Tim, Tiago and interchangable Diaw/Blair.

SanDiegoSpursFan
03-13-2013, 12:11 AM
It's good to be worried as long as they do something about it. I'm sure Manu is more disappointed with himself than anyone else is.

Pop
03-13-2013, 12:14 AM
I'm praying you're all right tbh, but seeing Baynes instantly protect the rim like he did the minute he checked in was disturbing after :pop: went with the turd towers all game.

TheGoldStandard
03-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Pop will never give a rookie minutes unless his name is Tim Duncan, Baynes will start to see minutes next season maybe.

I did like that he was aggressive when he went into the game, playing with a chip on your shoulder will get ya noticed mostly by other teams who need a big.

freetiago
03-13-2013, 12:37 AM
He let Patty play his first season with SA last year
Neal earned time his first year
guys like RMJ/Bogans can earn significant minutes
Blair earned playing time

Popovich will only play rookies if theyre undersized combo guards or skill deficient in areas that their position requires
such as guards not being able to pass or dribble a basketball
or a center who cant play defense

Baynes doesnt fit the bill since he can actually do things required for his position such as rebound and play D

TheGoldStandard
03-13-2013, 12:47 AM
The spurs do like to stockpile small guards. Hopefully we'll see a move to bring Hanga over this offseason.

BatManu20
03-13-2013, 12:57 AM
Nothing to be seriously worried about. We took the NBA Champions down to the wire with an even worse squad. The Timberwolves had this date circled for a while now and the Spurs are just trying to keep their head above water to make it to the playoffs.

Nothing to be deeply concerned about.

That was months ago.. the Heat are a whole different monster now. We're not beating Miami this year, even if we get there, unless we vastly improve.

TheGoldStandard
03-13-2013, 01:01 AM
That was months ago.. the Heat are a whole different monster now. We're not beating Miami this year, even if we get there, unless we vastly improve.

There is always the outside chance that Miami falls off in the playoffs. LOL

Capt Bringdown
03-13-2013, 01:08 AM
:lol thinking the turd towers are gonna play in playoffs

If the turd towers aren't going to play in the PO, why not let Baynes have a crack at Blair's limited minutes?

EricB
03-13-2013, 01:14 AM
If the turd towers aren't going to play in the PO, why not let Baynes have a crack at Blair's limited minutes?

If splitter Diaw Duncan is the rotation what's the point?

he isn't even close to ready. Playing Blair's minutes wouldn't get him there either.

but hey, everyone has to find their James white to bitch about his minutes though.

superjames1992
03-13-2013, 01:15 AM
CIA Pop is trying to throw away the #1 seed, tbh. He wants to avoid the Lakers.

CIA Pop also wanted to avoid getting the team too much fanfare after the beatdown of OKC.

freetiago
03-13-2013, 01:52 AM
Old senile Pop is pretty dumb then considering the Lakers are half a game away from the 7th seed and can maybe get to the 6th
also dumb if he thinks this team is gonna get fanfare for 1 win
considering they didnt have much after multiple 10 game win streaks last season and a 20 game win streak as well

and James White and Baynes are 2 completely different situations and players
Baynes has shown he can be dominant rebounder which is an area the Spurs are not good in
he also has shown very good rim protecting abilties which is another area SA is weak in outside of Duncan

James white couldnt do anything but dunk

Splits
03-13-2013, 02:06 AM
http://www.innovationsinnewspapers.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/yQGkS.jpg
http://www.bradleymanning.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Fukushima-meltdown-prevailing-winds1.jpg

Splits
03-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Old senile Pop is pretty dumb then considering the Lakers are half a game away from the 7th seed and can maybe get to the 6th
also dumb if he thinks this team is gonna get fanfare for 1 win
considering they didnt have much after multiple 10 game win streaks last season and a 20 game win streak as well

and James White and Baynes are 2 completely different situations and players
Baynes has shown he can be dominant rebounder which is an area the Spurs are not good in
he also has shown very good rim protecting abilties which is another area SA is weak in outside of Duncan

James white couldnt do anything but dunk

You remind me of my LG troll where I try to say the most imaginably stupid things possible (except not criticizing the Lakers but excusing them) in order to get a reaction. But even in my wildest imagination I can't come up with the shit you type. Mind if I adapt it and use it (non-licensed)?

Mal
03-13-2013, 02:44 AM
Spurs are trying to keep OKC close, in order to tank for better 1st round matchup ?

look_at_g_shred
03-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Oh god it's over..

ThaBigFundamental21
03-13-2013, 04:29 PM
The Baynes issue really does bother me. I don't see why 5-10 minutes is to much to give him. Take the minutes from Bonner, Diaw, and Blair. Baynes legitimately seems like he can help defensively.

hater
03-13-2013, 04:39 PM
an albino owned the entire spurs frontline and an anemic euro had a career shooting night vs our wings :lmao

Chinook
03-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Another blowout loss :lol.

Another game where we get outrebounded, this time by a team that has a frontline that's missing two nobodies called Love and Pekovich :lol.

Pop going with the turd towers and midgetball when it is known that the only way to beat Miami is to punish them inside but it's not like we're getting that far :lol.

Coach just giving up and allowing his team to take it up the ass without any resistance :lol.

:lol at not trying to get Baynes ready and instead playing the turd towers, :pop:'s confidence must make them all warm and fuzzy inside, defies all logic.

Manu is worried but Spurstalk isn't :lol.

Pop is probably writing his elimination speech, making sure to point out how we actually overachieved all year thanks to his great system instead of disappointing in crunch time because of his shitty rotations :lol.

... OH MY GOD! You made it through a whole post without criticizing Danny Green.

Hay esperanza. Props. :toast

spurraider21
03-13-2013, 05:02 PM
If splitter Diaw Duncan is the rotation what's the point?

he isn't even close to ready. Playing Blair's minutes wouldn't get him there either.

but hey, everyone has to find their James white to bitch about his minutes though.
Difference is, its tougher to find legit big men than it is to find athletic wing guys. As of now, our big rotation with Duncan/Splitter/Diaw with spot minutes to Blair/Bonner is solid. Especially considering Jax sees a lot of time at the 4. But if we had a chance to add a legit rim protector to our bench rotation, it should be worth looking into. That was the one thing I really loved about having Tiago on the bench. By having either Tim or Tiago at all times, we had one legit interior defender at all times. If we added baynes to the mix, it would allow us to have more Tim-Tiago minutes together, as if they both sit at the same time Baynes would be serviceable.

Im fully aware he isn't expected to get rotation minutes in these playoffs, but why not play him in a dead game? He performed reasonably well with his minutes against the Clippers/Bobcats and even had a couple of nice blocks against the Timberpuppies

thunderup
03-13-2013, 05:56 PM
The great part about all this after figuring it out. The Spurs win against the Thunder is cancelled out with a Thunder win on April 4th. And it's not just cancelled out. Because the Spurs have a lower record against conference opponents than my Thunder, we'd be getting the #1 seed if we were to tie the records.

However yall see it, we're still getting that 1st seed.

Kidd K
03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
You should know better by now than to call a win before it happens. :lmao

Robz4000
03-13-2013, 06:10 PM
The great part about all this after figuring it out. The Spurs win against the Thunder is cancelled out with a Thunder win on April 4th. And it's not just cancelled out. Because the Spurs have a lower record against conference opponents than my Thunder, we'd be getting the #1 seed if we were to tie the records.

However yall see it, we're still getting that 1st seed.

Hint: it's division record, not conference record, that comes first in a tie-breaker scenario. Spurs have 2 less losses against divisional foes.

Edit: welp, I'm wrong. Only if teams are in the same division is that used.

Cry Havoc
03-13-2013, 06:12 PM
I wonder how many other teams in the league could be without 3 of their best 4 players, have the other team shoot lights out, and still be competitive. My guess is: 0.

TD 21
03-13-2013, 06:16 PM
I wonder how many other teams in the league could be without 3 of their best 4 players, have the other team shoot lights out, and still be competitive. My guess is: 0.

Love, Pekovic and Kirilenko don't qualify as three of their four best players? Budinger doesn't qualify as a key rotation player (given their lack of 3-point shooting)?

The bottom line is, that was a pathetic performance, something we've seen far too much of lately and it has to stop immediately if this team is going to even think about holding off the Thunder for the number one seed in the West and chasing down the Heat for the number one seed overall. At stake is their shot at a championship.

Cry Havoc
03-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Love, Pekovic and Kirilenko don't qualify as three of their four best players? Budinger doesn't qualify as a key rotation player (given their lack of 3-point shooting)?

The bottom line is, that was a pathetic performance, something we've seen far too much of lately and it has to stop immediately if this team is going to even think about holding off the Thunder for the number one seed in the West and chasing down the Heat for the number one seed overall. At stake is their shot at a championship.

Basically what you're saying is that the game last night featured everyone's B team. I fail to understand how getting blown out when we don't have any of our key guys save Manu (who was way off obviously) and Tiago (who got hacked to death) qualifies as anything other than an outlier.

I mean, you guys DO realize that we don't have a point guard right now, right? THIS shows why Parker was getting MVP consideration. Because if we aren't hitting, if the other team is hot, or if we generally aren't playing well, TP is the one who steadies the team. He's the one who gets tough, consistent buckets. If he plays last night, Rubio doesn't even sniff a double-double, let alone a trip-doub.

As it stands, our backup point guard is = or worse than most playoff team's 3rd string PG. Parker is also our best defender out on the wing. Not only have we been playing without our floor general, but also our best defender for shutting down penetration (Leonard is there too but isn't as consistent as Tony).

When we're playing well, we can beat anyone with just a couple of our big players out there. When we aren't, we're going to struggle. Just like every other team in League history. You think you could take Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman off the 72 win Bulls team and they wouldn't lose a few games by double digits? Come on now. Acting like we should just be able to "overcome" not having a point guard because Pop knows how to bring out the best in our guys is absolutely ridiculous.

We beat a healthy, #2 team in the West without our PG and best player, and all you people can do is bitch and moan. We aren't invincible. Get over it.

Pop
03-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Oh dear god I missed that article by Monroe on Pop's love for Blair : http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/03/12/mike-monroe-blair-savors-possible-final-days-as-a-spur/

:pop: : “I couldn’t be more proud of him. He’s really matured.”

Baynes is fucked, our playoffs hope may very well be as well since Pop is playing the player he likes rather than the players that can help win a championship...

Pop
03-13-2013, 06:50 PM
... OH MY GOD! You made it through a whole post without criticizing Danny Green.

Hay esperanza. Props. :toast

Well given what I see from Manu, my standard for Green is lowering every game.

Actually I mostly like the rotation, the main concerns right now are :

- Tim looks bad, fading once again going into the POs? That's a big question mark.

- the turd towers being the 4th and 5th big when Tim is looking that bad and the other two big are somewhat soft and underwhelming rebounders like Tiago and Boris.

I think a lot of people wanted the following rotation when we got Baynes : Tim/Baynes at C and Tiago/Diaw at PF.

The three big rotation with an old player like Tim doesn't necessarily sounds like the great idea it seemed at the time when he looked 25 earlier in the season, also the Boris Tiago pairing won't ever be a great frontline, it was obvious since the beginning of the season and has never been adressed.

But Joseph got a shot at PG so maybe it's not too late and maybe Pop will actually play the best defensive players at every spot of the rotation before it's too late.

TD 21
03-14-2013, 01:23 AM
Basically what you're saying is that the game last night featured everyone's B team. I fail to understand how getting blown out when we don't have any of our key guys save Manu (who was way off obviously) and Tiago (who got hacked to death) qualifies as anything other than an outlier.

I mean, you guys DO realize that we don't have a point guard right now, right? THIS shows why Parker was getting MVP consideration. Because if we aren't hitting, if the other team is hot, or if we generally aren't playing well, TP is the one who steadies the team. He's the one who gets tough, consistent buckets. If he plays last night, Rubio doesn't even sniff a double-double, let alone a trip-doub.

As it stands, our backup point guard is = or worse than most playoff team's 3rd string PG. Parker is also our best defender out on the wing. Not only have we been playing without our floor general, but also our best defender for shutting down penetration (Leonard is there too but isn't as consistent as Tony).

When we're playing well, we can beat anyone with just a couple of our big players out there. When we aren't, we're going to struggle. Just like every other team in League history. You think you could take Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman off the 72 win Bulls team and they wouldn't lose a few games by double digits? Come on now. Acting like we should just be able to "overcome" not having a point guard because Pop knows how to bring out the best in our guys is absolutely ridiculous.

We beat a healthy, #2 team in the West without our PG and best player, and all you people can do is bitch and moan. We aren't invincible. Get over it.

No, what I'm saying is, you claimed no one else could be competitive missing 3 of their 4 best players, yet the Timberwolves were in the same situation and not only were they competitive, but they won going away. So don't give me that nonsense nor the fatigue excuse, considering how rested this team has been the past few weeks and the extent to which they're babied minutes-wise.

All I see here are excuses. Ginobili was "way off obviously", Splitter was "hacked to death", etc. Poor them. People are complaining because this game isn't an isolated incident. If it were a one off, fine. But on the heels of the Trail Blazers and Suns debacles, this was an unacceptable performance. There's some alarming signs on this team right now (Duncan unable to regain his pre-injury form offensively, Ginobili seemingly being unable to elevate his game for more than an occasional game, Neal looking like he won't be himself for the remainder of the season, Jackson looking perilously close to being officially done) that go beyond figuring out who's playing game to game.