PDA

View Full Version : Quick Grades: Spurs @ Timberwolves - March 12

timvp
03-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Manu Ginobili D-
Played poorly in just about every aspect. D was atrocious. Didn't give effort on the boards. Couldn't shot straight or pass effectively. Simply discombobulated all night long. Dropped the ball as the alpha dog.

Tiago Splitter C-
Rebounding was great. Passing was fantastic early. Unfortunately, he couldn't make a shot, he got more sloppy as the game progressed and his D was tepid. He, too, could have stepped up -- but he didn't.

Danny Green C
His D was below average but he rebounded well and hustled back in transition. On O, he was effective early when he let the offense come to him. When he attempted to force the issue, his performance went south.

Stephen Jackson A-
One of the few bright spots. Stout defense, commendable activity and played physically. He shot it better than usual, limited his mistakes and didn't try to do too much. If anything, he needed more touches.

Cory Joseph C+
I don't think he played quite as well as his stats indicate. When the game was in doubt, he was too passive and didn't get the team into its sets swiftly enough. His D also wasn't as lively as usual.

Matt Bonner C-
He was in the starting lineup but his impact was minimal. He had some very good moments on D but balanced it out with forgettable sequences. Didn't do much of anything on offense.

Patrick Mills C
He passed the ball better than usual -- that was his definite positive. Regrettably, everything else was subpar. He seemed to miss all of his important shots. His D was really bad; he got picked off his man easily.

Boris Diaw C
I didn't like his intensity; he seemed to be going through the motions. Strangely, he was too aggressive with his shot-selection. His D was good enough but his sloppiness and inattentiveness limited his upside.

Nando De Colo B+
Quality showing. He attacked situations with more gusto than usual. He authored strong drives to the hoop, dished it well and didn't have a turnover. D could have been better but the energy was there.

DeJuan Blair C-
Was caught out of position on D too much. Couldn't rebound at all for an unknown reason. On O, he was like a chicken with its head cut off. There was no rhyme or reason to anything he did on that end.

Gary Neal D+
He was the original backup point guard but after a couple missed shots and a few possessions of looking limited (injured?) on D, Pop yanked him.

Aron Baynes Inc.
Played in garbage time but he had a pair of very impressive blocked shots. He's obviously not intimidated by NBA athletes. He also pulled down a contested board.

Pop C-
It's impossible to say whether he made the right call sitting Duncan and Leonard without knowing their true status. During the game, he pushed buttons but nothing worked -- it just seemed to make things worse.

Man In Black
03-13-2013, 01:22 AM
When you're building a city by shooting bricks...ya get your ass kicked. GAME OVER!

ElNono
03-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Agree with the grades today. Thanks for the writeup.

If this was Pop's way to 'stick it to Stern' for the quick turnaround schedule, then it was an epic fail.

Like you said, it will be interesting to see what's the status, especially on Kawhi. Duncan I can understand not playing back to back despite missing Tony, but we could've used Kawhi.

KaiRMD1
03-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Atrocious game, everybody's D was terrible to allow the Timberwolves to go off from three. Thursday against Dallas, a different team should show up so we can get 50

Aztecfan03
03-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Don't get Pop's refusal to play Baynes until there is no doubt at all about the outcome of the game.

Aztecfan03
03-13-2013, 01:27 AM
Agree with the grades today. Thanks for the writeup.

If this was Pop's way to 'stick it to Stern' for the quick turnaround schedule, then it was an epic fail.

Like you said, it will be interesting to see what's the status, especially on Kawhi. Duncan I can understand not playing back to back despite missing Tony, but we could've used Kawhi.

Kawhi supposedly had sore knee. Someone here said he has tendonitis in it.

ElNono
03-13-2013, 01:31 AM
Kawhi supposedly had sore knee. Someone here said he has tendonitis in it.

According to McD, Spurs were resting them... granted, it's McDonald...

Hoops Czar
03-13-2013, 01:43 AM
Completely negates the OKC win. This isn't last year's Spurs. Pop can't just throw any lineup out there and expect an automatic W. Leonard doesn't need rest. If the tendinitis is that bad, he should sit out a couple of weeks.

TheGoldStandard
03-13-2013, 01:44 AM
Don't get Pop's refusal to play Baynes until there is no doubt at all about the outcome of the game.

Popovich will take a defensive liability big man everyday of the week if he feels they can stretch the floor. Its confusing why Bonner started the game, imagine if the spurs picked up Brian Scalabrine Pop wouldn't know what to do he'd be so giddy.

freetiago
03-13-2013, 01:45 AM
the fact that Blair and Bonner arent even bench caliber players anymore should earn Baynes some minutes
his blocks were actually very impressive considering he had athletic 7 footers going hard for a dunk
even a guy like Duncan wont block those shots
hell just move out of the way because he isnt strong enough, doesnt want to get postered, or get him the foul call
Baynes is big and athletic enough to send them back

Splits
03-13-2013, 01:47 AM
Tough game to assess with the big 3 out, but several F grades were deserved.

Pop should get an F for multiple reasons. 1) changing the 2nd half starters when the 1st half starters gave us a decent lead in Q1. How often does he change the starters after the half unless there are foul issues? 2) for benching Neal (unless that is injury related), Mills was atrocious 3) using the Portland debacle as motivation only to give it back 4) Allowing the mexican impersonating Manu to play in the 2nd half

Manu should get an F- for the worst game he's ever played, given the circumstances. 0 boards and 1 assist on 2/10 shooting in 22 minutes? The game was over 5 minutes after he entered the game mid-Q1. It was like watching a family member get abused, you just want it to end and not allow the perp to continue. He should have gotten the Neal treatment and not been allowed to do anymore damage than was than he did in the 1st half, but instead starts the 2nd half and continues his rape-victim play. Quite worrying.

Mills should get an F, although I guess a D- given expectations. I remember seeing this cat live in GS at the end of last year when Pop + Big 2 + Manu didn't even make the trip, and he lead us to a Coach Bud victory. He's fallen off a cliff, plays with zero confidence, and shouldn't sniff any courttime unless it's a blowout situation or there's been a terror attack injuring the rest of our guards. Exposed.

Splitter shouldn't get an F because of the effort and results on the boards, but it is unconciounable to get a "slightly below average" grade shooting 1-10 in the paint and turning it over thrice in 22 minutes. D- would be fair though, especially given the way he manhandled Porkins, Abakas mouth, Collison, and Durant on the offensive end of the floor the night before. His floor has been raised and no way he deserved a C-.

spurraider21
03-13-2013, 01:48 AM
I'm not a fan of resting a 21 year old unless he's actually injured. From what I've read on Kawhi's knee it isn't something thats going to get aggravated, but its just a matter of pain tolerance, and the pain is going to be there whether or not he rests. Granted, it isn't some debilitating pain that is going to limit his game, but its there. Still, unless something further happened, he should have been out there. He's a kid.

Also, I give Pop a big ol' F on this game. I'm usually one of the Pop defenders, but if you are going to be shorthanded during a game, why on earth isn't Baynes getting minutes. I understand that in games like the OKC game or crucial moments you don't want him out there, but why did we buyout his contract and rush him over here if he isn't going to play at all. I mean, it was a meaningless game and it was out of hand early in the 3rd. Why he didn't check in at that point is beyond me.

Why is Bonner starting? Why is Blair getting these kind of minutes. Why NOT give Baynes minutes earlier and see how he responds. Holy hell.

Pop
03-13-2013, 01:48 AM
Manu is too classy, he didn't want to overshadow Messi's performance tbh.

Cojo imo should get a better grade since being some kind of awesome playmaker isn't part of the expectations :

C. Joseph (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/cory_joseph/index.html)
G
25:56
5-9
1-1
4-4

Only disappointing number is the 3 TO but hey I'll take it. Imo what he's doing is pretty awesome and he doesn't get the attention he deserves because of the two epic losses.

Also you can think what you want about plus minus but Manu being - 30 in only 20 minutes is pretty special.

TheGoldStandard
03-13-2013, 01:55 AM
I'm not a fan of resting a 21 year old unless he's actually injured. From what I've read on Kawhi's knee it isn't something thats going to get aggravated, but its just a matter of pain tolerance, and the pain is going to be there whether or not he rests. Granted, it isn't some debilitating pain that is going to limit his game, but its there. Still, unless something further happened, he should have been out there. He's a kid.

Also, I give Pop a big ol' F on this game. I'm usually one of the Pop defenders, but if you are going to be shorthanded during a game, why on earth isn't Baynes getting minutes. I understand that in games like the OKC game or crucial moments you don't want him out there, but why did we buyout his contract and rush him over here if he isn't going to play at all. I mean, it was a meaningless game and it was out of hand early in the 3rd. Why he didn't check in at that point is beyond me.

Why is Bonner starting? Why is Blair getting these kind of minutes. Why NOT give Baynes minutes earlier and see how he responds. Holy hell.

Matt Bonner gets Pops dry cleaning, does his laundry, mows his lawn, does his taxes, listens to Pop talk about wine for hours and wipes his bottom with lavender scented wipes thats why he starts in situations like tonight. Blair supplies the whataburger.

hater
03-13-2013, 01:57 AM
This game is non issue. Its just a product from the events of the prior nite. Im sure most teams would play like this the day after a tough playoff game.

freetiago
03-13-2013, 01:58 AM
Joseph only scored on cuts to the basket and transition points in the beginning of the game
he scored 9 of his points in 4th quarter garbage time

he doesnt do anything offensively
he doesnt create offense by running pick and rolls or drawing help defense
he can only do it by being a placeholder and passing into set plays
he still couldnt do that and missed a WIDE open green in the corner on one play and then decided to freelance it up
his defense is a plus but considering Turnobili cant create anything now the pg position needs to be able to have some kind of offensive threat

Splits
03-13-2013, 01:59 AM
You Baynes people crack me up. The dude can barely find his apartment in SA.

This is his first stint ever in the NBA. He just joined a team with the most complicated offensive and defensive schemes in the entire world of basketball to understand. The game is going twice as fast as he has ever seen. He has given several interviews saying he is doing his best to adjust but he and the Spurs are on the same page in terms of his development. Yet you think because he has wide shoulders he should be getting 20+ a game and the 3rd big rotation spot.

Just stop, it is really annoying and never going to happen. And if he did get any meaningful minutes you'd probably go change your screen names for all your idiotic takes. He's a project, not an impact player this year. Get it through your skull.

Arc
03-13-2013, 02:10 AM
29 three point attempts.. that screams "i'm tired"

this was a disappointing game to watch once the bench came in. manu and blair were absolutely terrible and brought the entire team down.

and pop is really starting to annoy me when it comes to playing bigs. baynes absolutely shits all over blair and bonner, just like tiago did, and yet we all know he's gonna be benched until next season. he could be really good for us this season if he actually got to play. fuck....

Pop
03-13-2013, 02:13 AM

This is his first stint ever in the NBA. He just joined a team with the most complicated offensive and defensive schemes in the entire world of basketball to understand. The game is going twice as fast as he has ever seen. He has given several interviews saying he is doing his best to adjust but he and the Spurs are on the same page in terms of his development. Yet you think because he has wide shoulders he should be getting 20+ a game and the 3rd big rotation spot.

Just stop, it is really annoying and never going to happen. And if he did get any meaningful minutes you'd probably go change your screen names for all your idiotic takes. He's a project, not an impact player this year. Get it through your skull.

Best rebounder in Europe and obviously at worst the second best shot blocker on the roster. Has a jumper, a bank shot and can hit his freethrows, he doesn't need any coorporate knowledge to be better than the turd towers.

I think Buford understands that and that why he signed him mid season but sadly Pop has the final say and he loves his turd towers too much.

RD2191
03-13-2013, 02:13 AM

what a shit take, so you would rather have no knees blair and matt "anti-clutch" bonner out there just because they know the "system'? thats bullshit. let baynes learn on the go. of course he shouldn't get starter minutes but he should get bonners or blairs minutes. may not be much but what harm can it do? whens the last time bonner or blair blocked someone going to the rim?

Splits
03-13-2013, 02:25 AM
:lmao

Please put away the stupid, it hurts.

I think Buford understands that and that why he signed him mid season but sadly Pop has the final say and he loves his turd towers too much.

Yes, RC sent Pop an email and was like, "hey man, i just scored this dude with HUGE shoulders who played on the Aussie team play HIMMMM!!!" and a couple minutes later Baynes shows up in Pop's office and he's like "who the fuck is this guy? I'm not playing him, I'm gonna troll RC and show him who's boss!"

Fucking idiocy.

but what harm can it do?

Do you think these guys are just robots? What harm can it do? You can destroy his confidence and set back his entire development plan by throwing him into a dragon pit during a late season run when you're a contender. 9 times out of 10 he's going to fuck up and put it on himself. Your understanding of player development is pre pre-school.

Just stop with the idiocy, the 15th guy on the bench has never had an outcome on the "championship vs. no championship question". Idiots.

ElNono
03-13-2013, 02:30 AM
I hate the turd towers as much as the next guy, but people that think Pop is going to just let Baynes go out there and play anything other than garbage time hasn't watched the Spurs much. And let's be clear here, Baynes right now probably couldn't even drive himself home, much less become the next Tiago Splitter in 20 or so games.

RD2191
03-13-2013, 02:40 AM
LMAO, still a shit take tbh, so seeing the garbage brothers get minutes over him must really boost his confidence, right? what a joke. no one is saying he is going to become a factor in the playoffs this year, but to say we cant use him in the regular season is just plain idiotic.

Splits
03-13-2013, 02:41 AM
I hate the turd towers as much as the next guy, but people that think Pop is going to just let Baynes go out there and play anything other than garbage time hasn't watched the Spurs much. And let's be clear here, Baynes right now probably couldn't even drive himself home, much less become the next Tiago Splitter in 20 or so games.

+1

And I know this isn't a popular take in these parts, but I would argue the reason we've seen Tiago develop into the player he is right now (overlooking tonight's performance) is because the Spurs don't do "player on the fly" development. For all the bitching the past two years of him not getting minutes, the Spurs took the semi-conservative approach of gradually integrating him and allowing him to grow and maximize his skillset so they can reap the results for another run in a relatively short period of time. It's not like he is an athletic freak, but his PnR timing is now the best in the game and his finishing touch and consistency around the basket are 100% better than they were even at the 20-game point this season.

Splits
03-13-2013, 02:42 AM
LMAO, still a shit take tbh, so seeing the garbage brothers get minutes over him must really boost his confidence, right? what a joke. no one is saying he is going to become a factor in the playoffs this year, but to say we cant use him in the regular season is just plain idiotic.

Your understanding of player development is pre pre-school.

polandprzem
03-13-2013, 02:47 AM
gr8
Easy March became tough for the spurs

RD2191
03-13-2013, 02:47 AM
oh and im guessing you're getting plenty of calls from front offices wanting to hire you for your vast knowledge of basketball, LOL

Splits
03-13-2013, 02:48 AM
oh and im guessing you're getting plenty of calls from front offices wanting to hire you for your vast knowledge of basketball, LOL

You do realize that the Spurs are considered the best in the world, for quite some time now, at bringing overseas players into the NBA and maximizing their talents and winning championships in the process, right? But you know better? Got it.

Nero5
03-13-2013, 03:15 AM
Baynes had value in this game. Spurs shot almost 20% less from the field and 30%less from the 3stripe - there were simply a lot of offensive boards to get, yet the WHOLE TEAM got 8....8! FFS 8 offensive boards and I think 4 of those were lucky, land in your lap boards and not contested ones. Also defense of the screen was atrociously bad, with slow footed blair/diaw/bonner sagging and NOT helping the guard as they were playing small and did not want to allow the tall roll tot he basket. This meant little pressure to the now open guard when shooting and the chance for the screening big to get free on the boards or on the roll...both of which happened.

John B
03-13-2013, 03:24 AM
the fact that Blair and Bonner arent even bench caliber players anymore should earn Baynes some minutes
his blocks were actually very impressive considering he had athletic 7 footers going hard for a dunk
even a guy like Duncan wont block those shots
hell just move out of the way because he isnt strong enough, doesnt want to get postered, or get him the foul call
Baynes is big and athletic enough to send them back I really hope this earn him some minutes going forward. If Blair can't guard big sitting on Bonner's shoulders, why not give the minutes to Baynes and prepare him for the playoffs just in case Duncan gets in foul trouble.

Nero5
03-13-2013, 03:58 AM
it's not when duncan get into fould trouble that is necessarily the issue, but TD needs rest and should not be expected to shoulder all of the load he has for the past 10 years. Baynes is big and solid, in those situations where there is significant muscle or size on the other side then Baynes can provide valuable minutes - valuable both in hustle and wearing down the opposition and also in allowing TD to recuperate.

venitian navigator
03-13-2013, 04:12 AM
The "development" of Baynes should be helped by the fact that the Australian team play the same system of S.A. thanks to Brett Brown...so he should already have known a lot of our plays just from the first mome nt he came here.
I think the confidence matter can be related more on Blair and Bonner confidence, going in the play offs, than in Baynes one...the guy is already experienced enough, having played professional basketball in Europe and having played the olimpic games.
The point is that both Blair and Bonner looks like they have incredibly regressed their game, also in the regular season ganes. That's, imho, difficult to understand.
Bonner has already shown that is main skill (3 point shooting) is still active.
Blair has been given every opportunity to play, and has been so treated fairly since he asked for being traded.
But they are both playing with no positive impact on the game.
At this point, their minutes should be are in serious danger also for regular season games...and their play off's minutes should already be considered non existent.
So playing Baynes defintely makes some sense...

spurraider21
03-13-2013, 04:13 AM

I really don't think he could do much worse than Blair. I'm not saying he should be a regular rotation player, but if its a game we're essentially "throwing" or a game that got out of hand by early in the 3rd, why not give him some extended run? The only time i remember him getting significant minutes he had his 7 points and 9 rebounds or somethin against Charlotte.

pookenstein
03-13-2013, 04:42 AM

Nobody is expecting that. But in a game like last night, which was decided midway through the third, he could/should have played more. We lose that game no matter what, so why not give him the time on the floor to get more comfortable with the system?

Nero5
03-13-2013, 06:17 AM
in his limited minutes he got 50% of the team blocks. I know it was garbage time, but the issue is the help on the drive and filling the paint. A guard can play up tighter outside the arc knowing that the rotation big coming to help has some presence. Early in the third dropping him in with the order to be hard on the off boards and deny the paint could have had a small impact.

Captivus
03-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Bonner did nothing...retire baby!

Fabbs
03-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Matty Bonbon getting the start and more minutes. :downspin:

timvp
Pop C-
It's impossible to say whether he made the right call sitting Duncan and Leonard without knowing their true status. During the game, he pushed buttons but nothing worked -- it just seemed to make things worse.
CIA Popped has received a number of grade Cs from you. How many Cs can *the best coach in the NBA* get and remain the best?
.500 playoffs 2008 til now.

Hoops Czar
03-13-2013, 09:02 AM

I could say the say thing aout De Colo but that didn't stop Pop from throwing him out there from day 1. It took him nearly 4 months to realize in no way shape or form is ready for this level of competition. And Bonner's been garbage for three seasons so giving Baynes minutes over Bonner really isn't hurting the bottom line. The worst he can do is play like Bonner. But his upside is undoubtedly higher.

And if Pop's out to throw a game with terrible rotations, throwing one more body out there isnt going to hurt.

dbestpro
03-13-2013, 09:05 AM

...........and you would prefer Dejuan the sloth Blair, or Matt the fossil of trex Bonner?

bus driver
03-13-2013, 09:06 AM
wake up call, we got our asses handed to us :depressed

mathbzh
03-13-2013, 09:09 AM
+1

And I know this isn't a popular take in these parts, but I would argue the reason we've seen Tiago develop into the player he is right now (overlooking tonight's performance) is because the Spurs don't do "player on the fly" development. For all the bitching the past two years of him not getting minutes, the Spurs took the semi-conservative approach of gradually integrating him and allowing him to grow and maximize his skillset so they can reap the results for another run in a relatively short period of time. It's not like he is an athletic freak, but his PnR timing is now the best in the game and his finishing touch and consistency around the basket are 100% better than they were even at the 20-game point this season.
Or maybe he could have become a starter earlier... And we would be chasing #6
I do not exactly disagree with what you said but the Spurs did not develop Duncan, did not develop Ginobili... And they developped Parker "on the fly". Splitter? He was a star in Europe. If you ask me, he should have adapted faster.

rjv
03-13-2013, 10:02 AM
have to agree on manu's lack of agression on the boards-there was one missed shot in the 2nd quarter where he and diaw had a clean shot at a board and they both just literally waited for someone else to get it. and of course, someone else did-from the other team. that is not the manu i know so that was just awful. is he hiding an injury ? is he lacking confidence ?

Obstructed_View
03-13-2013, 10:12 AM

That Matt Bonner is such a legitimate starting center tbh.....................

ElNono
03-13-2013, 10:54 AM
I could say the say thing aout De Colo but that didn't stop Pop from throwing him out there from day 1. It took him nearly 4 months to realize in no way shape or form is ready for this level of competition. And Bonner's been garbage for three seasons so giving Baynes minutes over Bonner really isn't hurting the bottom line. The worst he can do is play like Bonner. But his upside is undoubtedly higher.

And if Pop's out to throw a game with terrible rotations, throwing one more body out there isnt going to hurt.

De Colo had a full training camp with the Spurs, and you know Pop value those highly.

Boomersgold
03-13-2013, 10:57 AM

Baynes isn't completely new to the system. He's played for the Boomers, the Australian National Basketball team, for years now, and who was the coach for most of the years that Baynes played? That's right, it was Brett Brown, currently one of the Spurs' assistant coaches; and what system did Brett Brown employ whilst the coach of the national team? That's right, the same system that's used with the Spurs (or at least that's what we've been told on many occasions).

I agree that Baynes shouldn't be given 20+ minutes a game, but I don't see the risk in giving him some decent garbage time to help with his confidence, and to give him some more NBA on court experience. Even in a blow out game, Pop will either not play Baynes at all, or play him in the final seconds of the game. It's not like Bonner and Blair have completely outplayed him, so why not just give him a chance to prove himself?

From what we've seen, Baynes is extremely raw on the offensive end, but he has great size and length for his position, relative to the other backup "bigs", and can decently protect the rim.

Chomag
03-13-2013, 11:28 AM
I hope resting Leonard was because of something real. I mean come on he is only what 23 years old? In any case he is not some at the end of his age vet that needs DNPs. If he is healthy the best thing for a young player is to get as many minutes as possible for game experience.

DontStopBelieving
03-13-2013, 12:18 PM
I hope resting Leonard was because of something real. I mean come on he is only what 23 years old? In any case he is not some at the end of his age vet that needs DNPs. If he is healthy the best thing for a young player is to get as many minutes as possible for game experience.

I don't.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2013, 12:18 PM
He'll turn 22 this summer.

SenorSpur
03-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Actually, Pop and the team would've been better off if he had chosen to rest Manu and allowed Kawai to play. That is assuming Leonard was having more tendinitis flareups in his knee. As for Baynes, he certainly could've garnered more minutes. After all, the Spurs second half play amounted to nothing more than garbage time. Baynes wasn't going to spark any kind of comeback, but he certainly could've garnered more minutes in a total blowout situation.

look_at_g_shred
03-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Horrible game. Blow it up. On to the next.

Robz4000
03-13-2013, 04:01 PM
I don't normally agree when people say Pop is tanking, but last night very well might've been a case of it. Many people on here say the Lakers don't worry them in a first round series, but they should. Not because they're all that great of a team, though they're beginning to play better (:lmao though by better they're managing to scrape together wins against bottom feeders rather than moral victories). The fact of the matter is the Lakers are going to get a vast majority of the calls against any team outside of OKC, on top of four/five proven playoff players while the Spurs rely heavily on role players.

If the Spurs play at their absolute best, the Lakers should be non-issue'd in 5. However, lately the Spurs have played anything but their absolute best, even before TP went down, sans the Clippers game in LA. If the trend continues and the Spurs happen to meet the Lakers in the playoffs, I can see the Lakers winning. Therefore, I can realistically see Pop keeping the Spurs close to OKC in the standings in order to fall in seeding order for a favorable first round matchup.

Slippy
03-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Considering how the season has gone so far for Tiago, unusual to see him get no respect from the refs this game. That and how tired he looked.

hater
03-13-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm sure leonard is fighting some nagging thing on his knee. no reason to rest a 22 year otherwise. unless POP is tanking

TheGoldStandard
03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Last night has been forgotten and it has to be, just another one of the spurs goofs and on to the next. Kawhi should not rest another game this season, can't wait for TP to come back.

TD 21
03-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Pop C-

:lol Refusing to criticize Pop.

Just admit it: It was a stupid decision, it undid what they did the night before and it makes the road to the 1 seed in the West and the league (both of which they need) that much more difficult. There's not a damn thing wrong with either, it's just typical overly cautious/obsessive compulsive/arrogant nonsense from this coach. Yet you and others continue to drink the Kool-aid.

Capt Bringdown
03-13-2013, 06:50 PM

Well said. Blair can on occasion score on set-up passes. But the rest of his game, at this stage in his ACL-less career, is as at a sub-NBA level. Raw, in other words.
So it's a matter of choosing between one raw player or another. Maybe Blair's scoring ability is a + over Baynes. Maybe Baynes's rebounding and defense is a + over Blair.
It seems we'll never know, because Pop doesn't seem interested in sorting out the differences and opportunities.