PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe: I pumped Dwight up before the game

The Batman
03-13-2013, 12:11 PM
There are still kinks to be worked out. The Dwight-Kobe pairing still has its rough edges, with Tuesday's example being Bryant's saying his message to Howard before the game was, "Just come out here and kill them," and Howard saying, "I don't remember [Bryant] saying that. But, if he did, it's cool."

Thread
03-13-2013, 12:23 PM
It's just been difficult watching one black man beating another black man with a whip since last November.

The results are positive, yes, but, the process is disturbing.

ambchang
03-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Solid leadership from Kobe TBH. He is learning a lot from three-first-names.

lefty
03-13-2013, 12:29 PM
lol Kobe taking credit for Dwight playing well

What a turd :lmao

Fabbs
03-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Kirbs entire basketball life built on fabrications. :lol:toast

Clipper Nation
03-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Kirby never fails to show off his overinflated ego, tbh :lol

Budkin
03-13-2013, 12:36 PM
He set that bible on fire!

Thread
03-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Kirbs entire basketball life built on fabrications. :lol:toast

Though, those 2 4th quarter suicide drives into the front of the rim in Game 7, '10 were real.

That's how we got to:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Koolaid_Man
03-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Though, those 2 4th quarter suicide drives into the front of the rim in Game 7, '10 were real.

That's how we got to:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

:lol:lol

Relevancy
03-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Kirby never fails to show off his overinflated ego, tbh :lol Overinflated :lol a legends ego overinflated? okay, his just some scrub who got lucky to win titles and being a more then a role player:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-13-2013, 01:17 PM
lol Kobe taking credit for Dwight playing well

What a turd :lmao

^ As well he should...these are all quotes from Dwight within the past week alone....Dwight finally gets it:toast look out NBA he's now fully buying into the Kobe system...he's finally dick riding Kobe...:lol now maybe we can win something...:lol

"We talked and Kobe told me what he did when he had problems, and I see it for myself now," said Howard. "He was always saying, 'I get into the gym and shoot 5,000 shots.' To see it shows me how dedicated he is."

"I always tell him, 'I'm afraid to miss. So, when I get there, I don't want to miss, so I end up missing,'" Howard continued. "He [Kobe] was like, 'You know what, shoot 1,000 jump shots a day and you're going to miss a lot of those shots, but then you're teaching yourself that, hey, it's OK to miss.'"

"Now I see it," said Howard. "So gets out there and might miss a couple of threes, next thing you know he'll make nine threes in a row. [B]You see it and it just kind of gives you more inspiration."

or how bout these:

"When you look at a guy like Kobe, he doesn't care about nothing but going out there and playing hard," said Howard. "That's a lesson that a lot of us have to learn."

"I know Kobe has a lot of energy. I know that he changed his diet," said Howard. "I've done the same thing."

"I think this is a blessing for me, to experience the stuff that I've experienced this year. It's just going to make me a better man and a better player," said Howard. "Just from watching Kobe — this has been great for me. I wouldn't have it any other way."

after last nights game:

"I do appreciate what [Bryant's] doing," said Howard to host Kevin Frazier. "We've talked all year. We've had conversations on the bus rides and the planes just about how to become that icon that I want to be."

"He's just pushing me," said Howard. "I need somebody to push me.... He's the guy who can show me because he's been through every single thing. One thing I can admire about him is the fact that he has five rings."

"You stop doing the things that you did to get there but for him, he hasn't done that," Howard said. "He's in the gym every day. He's getting his treatment. He's in the weight room. He's getting his shots up and that shows greatness."

"I just have to learn how to just have tunnel vision," he said. "I see Kobe, he doesn't allow what anybody says affect who he is as a player because he knows who he is -- and you know I'm learning that. I'm learning how to do that."

"I don't think there's any friction between us," he said. We both want to win and we want to make history and that's our goal right there."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-howard-needs-kobe-pushing-him-20130313,0,2499481.story
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-howard-seeing-bryant-influence-20130309,0,5524524.story

Raven
03-13-2013, 01:55 PM
how much faking can the lakers handle? seriously, when this bullshit will end?

CavsSuperFan
03-13-2013, 02:01 PM
It's just been difficult watching one black man beating another black man with a whip since last November.

:lmao

mindcrime
03-13-2013, 03:48 PM
The headline is misleading tbh. What he really said was "I pumped Dwight before the game"

jeebus
03-13-2013, 04:53 PM
knuckle babies!

hater
03-13-2013, 08:56 PM

bend over I'll show you pumping

lefty
03-13-2013, 09:07 PM
WTF

Kobe forgot to pump Dwight up before tonight's game

pgardn
03-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Oh God.

Kobe is hurt yet again.

Watch him come back again to save the day.

"Like remember that year like, when Kobe got decapitated like, and we still like won that game because he like still played?"

This BS is so old.

LakerHater
03-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Lakers say Bryant is "out indefinitely."

jeebus
03-13-2013, 10:23 PM
More time to pump off Dwight tbh. blessing in disguise, this injury.

lefty
03-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Gary Vitti will pumproid Kobe and he will come back soon

Thread
03-13-2013, 10:30 PM
Remember when Abneurer, the Piston trainer called 911 to time their response? He got a felony conviction over that.

Latarian Milton
03-14-2013, 12:33 AM
kobe is always the reason they win, and he can still make an impact on the court even when he doesn't play the game