PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sign Wes Welker for 2 years, 12 million

spurraider21
03-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Seems really cheap. Brady is reportedly infuriated that the Patriots let his favorite target walk for 6 mil per year not so long after Brady signed a ridiculously cap-generous extension that cleared up 9 million in cap space for this year.

Even coming from a Raiders fan, Broncos just became instant AFC favorites. Ravens won't be nearly as strong with Lewis, Ellerbe, Kruger, Reed, Boldin gone. Patriots just got a lot weaker, and the Broncos offense is nuts, especially if they go on to sign a running back like Steven Jackson or Ahmad Bradshaw to top it off.

td4mvp2k
03-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Pats are F'd

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Based Decker, Thomas, and Welker, gotdamn

monosylab1k
03-13-2013, 05:21 PM
FUCK YES. Addition by subtraction tbh. Amendola will make up for his production and they'll have more to go after defense and a deep threat.

Lincoln
03-13-2013, 05:24 PM
FUCK YES. Addition by subtraction tbh. Amendola will make up for his production and they'll have more to go after defense and a deep threat.

Hasn't he be injury prone the past couple years?

I did know he shit on the skins this year though when he played

monosylab1k
03-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Either way the Patriots dont need to waste money on Welker. Really don't need Amendola, just move Hernandez to the slot and sign a deep threat. Pats still have Jake Ballard to run any 2TE sets with Gronk, Hernandez is a WR basically anyways.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Pats are F'd
Yup. It's not like free agency just began a day ago and the Pats have $25M to spend in a buyer's market. Hopefully they enjoy all those superbowls they won with Wes Welker.

TIMMYtoZO
03-13-2013, 06:11 PM
:lol Fins fans acting like New England is surrendering the division. Since Brady has been at the helm, the Pats only failed to win the AFC East in 2002-2003.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Either way the Patriots dont need to waste money on Welker. Really don't need Amendola, just move Hernandez to the slot and sign a deep threat. Pats still have Jake Ballard to run any 2TE sets with Gronk, Hernandez is a WR basically anyways.
I don't think they're gonna sign Amendola unless it's pretty cheap. If they valued Welker at $5M a year they probably don't value Amendola above $3M a year. IMO, letting Welker leave when it wouldn't have required much of a financial commitment to keep him tells me they're main goal is to move away from the offense that only picks up yards inside the numbers and gets easily shut down in the playoffs.

td4mvp2k
03-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Yup. It's not like free agency just began a day ago and the Pats have $25M to spend in a buyer's market. Hopefully they enjoy all those superbowls they won with Wes Welker.

Ya its not like there are more wes welkers to get in that buyers market of them SBs wes won...

TIMMYtoZO
03-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Great move for Denver especially at that price. Broncos also beefed up their interior D. If they keep Dumervil, they will be set and still have a draft class to import more talent. Gotta keep Dumervil, though.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Ya its not like there are more wes welkers to get in that buyers market of them SBs wes won...
:lol you act like Wes Welker made New England's offense when it's completely the other way around. You wouldn't even know who Wes Welker is if not for Tom Brady.

td4mvp2k
03-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Seems really cheap. Brady is reportedly infuriated that the Patriots let his favorite target walk for 6 mil per year not so long after Brady signed a ridiculously cap-generous extension that cleared up 9 million in cap space for this year.

:lol

td4mvp2k
03-13-2013, 06:19 PM
:lol you act like Wes Welker made New England's offense when it's completely the other way around. You wouldn't even know who Wes Welker is if not for Tom Brady.

Your own QB thinks the same... :lol

spurraider21
03-13-2013, 06:21 PM
If Brady's deal trimmed about 9 mil off their cap this year, they couldn't use 6 mil to say "thanks" and sign his favorite target? lmao Kraft.

i hope they enjoy their AFC east titles and playoff exits. Superbowls since spygate: 0

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Your own QB thinks the same... :lol
Tom Curran (the guy who reported that Tom Brady is infuriated) already backed away from the report saying he misspoke and has no idea how Tom Brady feels.

Try again.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Superbowls since spygate: 0
Oh look, that's as many superbowls as they have with Welker.

Spygate must be why Welker dropped a superbowl winning catch.

td4mvp2k
03-13-2013, 06:23 PM
If Brady's deal trimmed about 9 mil off their cap this year, they couldn't use 6 mil to say "thanks" and sign his favorite target? lmao Kraft

I thought Kraft loved Welker and wanted him to be a pat till he retired like his QB? :lol

td4mvp2k
03-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Tom Curran (the guy who reported that Tom Brady is infuriated) already backed away from the report saying he misspoke and has no idea how Tom Brady feels.

Lets see...

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't think they're gonna sign Amendola unless it's pretty cheap. If they valued Welker at $5M a year they probably don't value Amendola above $3M a year. IMO, letting Welker leave when it wouldn't have required much of a financial commitment to keep him tells me they're main goal is to move away from the offense that only picks up yards inside the numbers and gets easily shut down in the playoffs.
So much for that.

Amendola to New England on a 5 year deal.

td4mvp2k
03-13-2013, 06:27 PM
So much for that.

Amendola 4 Welker.... :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Lets see...
https://twitter.com/tomecurran

Well apparently idk how to embed tweets, here they are though:

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran (https://twitter.com/tomecurran)
@ProFootballTalk (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk) The source close to Brady was "enraged." I do not know Brady's state of mind. Sorry for the confusion.

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran (https://twitter.com/tomecurran)
The enraged party in my previous tweet was someone close to Brady. Not Brady himself. Got no idea how he feels. But I bet I could guess.

Clipper Nation
03-13-2013, 06:29 PM
So much for that.

Five years for a wide reciever who can barely stay on the field? :lmao

td4mvp2k
03-13-2013, 06:32 PM
A

Ok this curran is a DA and they are rip'n him 1... but you cant say your owner didnt come out...

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Amendola 4 Welker.... :lmao
:lol Welker's production before New England is worse than Amendola's
:lol people pretending Welker was relevant before going to New England

Blake
03-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Five years $31 million for Danny.

I don't get it.

td4mvp2k
:lol Welker's production before New England is worse than Amendola's
:lol people pretending Welker was relevant before going to New England

you sure this isnt a ST signing?:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
A

Ok this curran is a DA and they are rip'n him 1... but you cant say your owner didnt come out...
I guess I can't. I can however say I don't care about what Kraft came out and said :lol

:cry Kraft is so classless :cry
:cry first time in professional sports history I've ever seen sanctimonious posturing about contract demands :cr

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 06:37 PM
:lol 5 years/31 million doesn't make any sense, but I trust Belichick. The only reason I'll be pissed is if I find out losing Welker for Amendola was a McDaniels decision since he should have no authority over personnel moves.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Not a fan of Welker, but can't argue with a cheap deal, good value..

I'm not worried about the offense, hopefully Peyton will continue to improve with the chemistry and familiarity from last year..

The defense needs to perform in the playoffs, they have been exposed in consecutive years..hopefully Wolfe can improve with another year of experience, along with the added depth today..hopefully they re-sign Doom, along with adding a penetrating DT through the draft..

John Fox will continue to be the primary flaw on this team, though..

Blake
03-13-2013, 06:41 PM
This has to be due to some kind of animosity between Wes and the Hoodie to go from one white shrimp from Texas Tech to another for the same money per year.

Nothing else makes sense.

monosylab1k
03-13-2013, 06:46 PM
:lmao okay if you're gonna commit 6 million a year to a slot receiver, it might as well be Welker. Goddammit, this looked like a brilliant move until they gave away that retarded contract.

monosylab1k
03-13-2013, 06:47 PM
That's stupid money to throw at Welker Light when you could have had Welker at the same price.

thunderup
03-13-2013, 06:48 PM
:lol Manning will have a better excuse for choking now with Welker on his team

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 06:48 PM
The one season Amendola played all 16 games he had 85 receptions for 689, and in his last season before New England, Welker had 67 receptions for 687 yards. If Amendola stays healthy (and that's a big if however receivers get injured less with QBs who don't hang them out to dry) it's not much of a question whether or not he'll replace Welker.

The difference between the two is that Amendola is bigger and can play outside the numbers, so he's a more versatile receiver than Welker.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 06:56 PM
That's stupid money to throw at Welker Light when you could have had Welker at the same price.
If it were me I'd easily take the Welker deal over the Amendola deal but the difference I see is that Brady hasn't developed a habit of forcing the ball to "Welker Light" yet and "Welker Light" is capable of catching passes outside of the numbers.

monosylab1k
03-13-2013, 06:58 PM
I think this move means they're cutting Lloyd

monosylab1k
03-13-2013, 07:07 PM
If it were me I'd easily take the Welker deal over the Amendola deal but the difference I see is that Brady hasn't developed a habit of forcing the ball to "Welker Light" yet and "Welker Light" is capable of catching passes outside of the numbers.

Amendola's a little bigger but i don't think he really has the speed to be any kind of outside the numbers threat. Although that extra size might mean he isn't struggling and failing on a routine catch to win the Super Bowl.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Amendola's a little bigger but i don't think he really has the speed to be any kind of outside the numbers threat. Although that extra size might mean he isn't struggling and failing on a routine catch to win the Super Bowl.
He won't be drawing safety help over the top anytime soon, but he won't be utterly useless when he isn't running over the middle of the field. The deep ball Brady threw to Welker at the beginning of the AFCCG was another pass Amendola probably comes up with.

If they cut Lloyd and go into the season with Amendola and dogshit at receiver then I will stop caring because it'll mean Belichick has lost his mind. They need to keep Lloyd and sign another outside receiver.

spurraider21
03-13-2013, 07:15 PM
So they paid more annually for Amendola than they would have for Welker... and Amendola is going to miss 9 games a year.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-13-2013, 07:19 PM
So they paid more annually for Amendola than they would have for Welker... and Amendola is going to miss 9 games a year.
They probably save cap space initially with the Amendola deal assuming it's a typical contract that increases every year.

monosylab1k
03-13-2013, 07:24 PM

Well it's not a "trade a 1st round pick for Richard Seymour" or "trade Randy Moss for a 4th round pick" or "Draft Jamarcus Russell" level of stupid, but it is dumb to pay that to Amendola.

Will Hunting
03-13-2013, 07:30 PM
How about a "drafting a kicker in the 1st round" level of stupid :lol

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Still can't believe Danny A went from Hard Knocks Cowboys Edition to getting paid by the Pats, good for him tbqh

spurraider21
03-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Well it's not a "trade a 1st round pick for Richard Seymour" or "trade Randy Moss for a 4th round pick" or "Draft Jamarcus Russell" level of stupid, but it is dumb to pay that to Amendola.

im a raider fan through thick and thin. no doubt its been pretty damn shitty since the rich gannon era. the fact that you had to use old man senile al davis moves to justify your patriots moves shows how low its getting :lol

although to be fair Jamarcus was a consensus #1. other notable qb in that draft: brady quinn. although we freakin passed on joe thomas, calvin johnson, and adrian peterson :lmao

and i would have traded moss for a washing machine the way he was dogging it with the Raiders

Will Hunting
03-13-2013, 07:40 PM
although to be fair Jamarcus was a consensus #1.
:lol that's a crock of shit. The Raiders were high on him because he fit well into the Al Davis "Send da homies deep!" offense so they overlooked the fact he had the IQ of a beagle. Calvin was the consensus #1 that year.

spurraider21
03-13-2013, 07:43 PM
:lol that's a crock of shit. The Raiders were high on him because he fit well into the Al Davis "Send da homies deep!" offense so they overlooked the fact he had the IQ of a beagle. Calvin was the consensus #1 that year.
Calvin was the best player in the draft but the Raiders were desperate at the qb spot, having only Andrew Walter on their roster after the Aaron Brooks experiment failed.

:lol aaron brooks (football version)

I know the Raiders dealt Moss that offseason for a 4th round pick. im not sure if that trade happened before the draft or on draft day itself.
Jamarcus/Quinn was hotly debated though both were considered first round talent. The Raiders pick of Russell wasn't really heavily criticized... until he took a snap. Ah, the JaWalrus era

FWIW before that draft I was personally pushing for Joe Thomas, because that was right after the Robert Gallery blindside thing failed. I was pretty high on Walter as a pocket passer. unfortunately our OL was shit when he was QB, and that didn't bode well for an immobile qb.

Bill_Brasky
03-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Healthy Amendola > Welker

The healthy part is the concern.

monosylab1k
03-13-2013, 08:54 PM
It's funny how butthurt the media is against the Patriots still. ESPN is spinning this as "Welker gets even and screws over the Patriots!" as if Bill gives a fuck that he left.

leemajors
03-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Only 10 mill is guaranteed for Amendola.

monosylab1k
03-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Here's an interesting stat -

Since 2010, Welker has caught passes at a rate of 12.5 receptions for every drop (326 catches, 26 drops).

Amendola’s success rate is considerably higher at 21.9 receptions per drop.

So if (and it's a big if) he stays healthy, he is actually an upgrade over Welker. Still a stupid contract but not as bad as it first looked.

Boston Pancake
03-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Lookit, i'm not so sure about this Amendola chump. Don't get me wrong, i'm no fan of that clutch pass dropping fuckstick Welkah, but do we really trust some slick back Italian fruitcake with playing slot for the Mighty New England Patriots? After dealing with that dickwad Bobby V, i'm done trusting some greasy dago with a team in the Commonwealth.

LnGrrrR
03-13-2013, 11:08 PM
^ :lol

i don't think Welker would have accepted the same deal with the Pats, tbh. Amen cola was a more expensive contract than I would've liked, but I'm guessing its backloaded.

Mal
03-14-2013, 03:23 AM
Interesting. Brady took discount allegedly to resign Welker, but he opted to sign elsewhere, a relatively cheap deal. And Pats immediatly find his replacement for same amount of money. It`s hard to believe that wasnt their plan from the beginning.

I heard that Hernandez could be move to WR.

How much money Patriots have left to spend on defensive players ?

LnGrrrR
03-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Interesting. Brady took discount allegedly to resign Welker, but he opted to sign elsewhere, a relatively cheap deal. And Pats immediatly find his replacement for same amount of money. It`s hard to believe that wasnt their plan from the beginning.

I heard that Hernandez could be move to WR.

How much money Patriots have left to spend on defensive players ?

Quite a bit if I recall... They had something like 25 mil in cap space before Amendola.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Yeah they prolly have around 20M left after this deal.

Raven
03-14-2013, 09:34 AM
now edelman please, someone has to return.. and i don't want it to be mcourty or god forbid arrington

Raven
03-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Yeah they prolly have around 20M left after this deal.

if it's backloaded it should be more, but i don't know, however, there are not many defensive players left ..

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-14-2013, 10:54 AM
now edelman please, someone has to return.. and i don't want it to be mcourty or god forbid arrington
I think they plan on KR being Jeff Demps (however I agree that they need another good kick returner incase Demps gets injured again) and I'd be surprised if they don't bring Edelman back.

if it's backloaded it should be more, but i don't know, however, there are not many defensive players left ..
Yeah 20M is just a rough estimate. I'd also cut Daniel Fells to create a little more cap room since they have Jake Ballard and Hooman as backup tight ends. Fells' best asset is his receiving but he and Brady have absolutely no chemistry.

Regarding defensive players, there are plenty of good corners left, it's just a question of whether or not they use the cap room Brady created for them. On defense they need to resign Talib, then bring in a real strong safety (IMO Kenny Phillips), 1-2 more corners, and two veteran front 7 players who won't cost very much. They should have the cap room to do that and still address needs on offense + sign drafted players.

Blake
03-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Strange they didn't just go with Edelman

Trainwreck2100
03-14-2013, 11:45 AM
How about a "drafting a kicker in the 1st round" level of stupid :lol

you hating on Seabass?

JamStone
03-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Kraft speaks out about Welker.

"We usually don't talk about contracts, but I'd like to clear up what I think is some misconceptions about the Wes situation," Kraft told reporters at the NFL annual meeting. "Everyone in our organization wanted Wes Welker back. Anyone who doubts that, or thinks we weren't serious, just doesn't get it. I've owned the team 19 years and I've known in the end we have to have certain limits and restraints. Like I've said many times, I really wanted Wes to be with us through the rest of his career, but it takes two sides to do a deal. ...

"In Wes' case, we were willing to go what we considered above his market value. For a couple years, we tried to get a long-term deal done with him. We couldn't do a deal and we wound up franchising him [in 2012] at a very high number [$9.5 million]. In retrospect, I wish we could have wrapped that into an arrangement where it was part of a longer-term deal.

"But I really believe in this case, his agents misrepresented, in their mind, what his market value was. When you come right down to the bottom line, he accepted a deal in Denver which is less money than what we offered him. In fact, he has a one-year deal in Denver for $6 million. Our last offer, before we would have even gone up and before we thought we were going into free agency, was a $10 million offer with incentives that would have earned him another $6 million if he performed the way he had the previous two years. But in Denver, he's going to count $4 million against the cap this coming year and $8 million the second year. There is no guarantee that he plays the second year there. He will get $6 million the first year. Our deal, he would have gotten $8 million the first year."

"Wednesday, I personally got a call from Wes and he told me about this offer from Denver," Kraft said. "He called Bill [Belichick] as well. We met and we chatted. We have a lot of people, we've committed a lot of money to this inside position -- you have [Rob Gronkowski], you have [Aaron] Hernandez, you have Danny [Amendola] now -- it was just unfortunately a little bit too late.

"If he had called one day earlier, he would have been with us. And so that, is the Wes Welker story. I'm very sad about it and I wish he would have been with our team."

The Patriots' owner wouldn't get into specifics on the Patriots' offer to Welker, but said there was a "substantial gap" between what the Patriots offered and what the receiver's agents were seeking.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9067256/new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-blames-agents-wes-welker-exit

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah as I said, the only reason they didn't re-sign Welker for 2 years 12 million is because they agreed w/ Amendola a day earlier and never had any intention of signing both. If they knew all along they could have Welker for 2 years 12 million, it would have been a quick and easy negotiation. Just shitty circumstances and an unfortunate result.

monosylab1k
03-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Yeah as I said, the only reason they didn't re-sign Welker for 2 years 12 million is because they agreed w/ Amendola a day earlier and never had any intention of signing both. If they knew all along they could have Welker for 2 years 12 million, it would have been a quick and easy negotiation. Just shitty circumstances and an unfortunate result.

:cry so its not because Belichick is a big stupid meanie who irrationally hates the greatest receiver since Prime Jerry Rice?

Blake
03-18-2013, 09:44 PM
:cry so its not because Belichick is a big stupid meanie who irrationally hates the greatest receiver since Prime Jerry Rice?

Guess not. Turns out they're just stupid.

JamStone
03-19-2013, 01:06 AM
Actually, it sounds more like Welker's agents tried to play a game of chicken with the Patriots and the one who ended up getting screwed was Welker. Kraft pretty much said they would have given Welker a better contract than he got with Denver. But they weren't going to be bullied into an unreasonable deal. The last line in the second quote said the two sides had a substantial gap with what each side wanted. And yet Welker ended up taking a deal worth less than what the Pats had offered. Sounds like the Patriots weren't stupid, just being financially prudent.

Mal
03-19-2013, 04:04 AM
Lol at people saying that Kraft is lying and Patriots signed Amendola before and Welker wasnt their intention.
I can see it, as Welker got offer from Pats way earlier, and since they didnt agreed to terms, Patriots moved on, signed Amendola, and then Welker called and said that he`d agree on 12mln/2yrs. But Patrios already had Amendola signed and they simply couldnt afford to have two inside receivers for 6mil each. If Welker really wanted to stay in NE, he was screwed, cause Patrios easilly would pay him this 12m/2y.

Blake
03-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Actually, it sounds more like Welker's agents tried to play a game of chicken with the Patriots and the one who ended up getting screwed was Welker. Kraft pretty much said they would have given Welker a better contract than he got with Denver. But they weren't going to be bullied into an unreasonable deal. The last line in the second quote said the two sides had a substantial gap with what each side wanted. And yet Welker ended up taking a deal worth less than what the Pats had offered. Sounds like the Patriots weren't stupid, just being financially prudent.

If he meet incentives, yes he could have gotten $16 over two. The guaranteed money was still more in Denver though. That hasn't changed even though Kraft tried to spin in a bit.

Wes signing for just $2 million more in guaranteed money with the Broncs makes the Pats stupid.

Mal
03-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Wes signing for just $2 million more in guaranteed money with the Broncs makes the Pats stupid.

But you dont know what was Welker / Welker`s agent response to early 10mln/2yrs + incentives. What if it was something like 24mil/3yrs + inc ? On that condition deal wasnt near, so Pats turned to Amendola. When Welker called with reasonable counteroffer, it was too late.

JamStone
03-19-2013, 10:43 AM
That assumes Welker would have signed with the Pats for the same or even similar deal. And it doesn't account for the notion that Welker and his agents were asking for way more from the Patriots than they ended up getting from Denver. Unless Kraft is lying, the way his story plays out, the Pats were not stupid. They were being bullied by Welker's agents and didn't bite. That's sound business. The biggest loser is still Welker, especially if he wanted to stay in New England and he would have stayed at a similar deal. He should fire his agents.

AaronY
03-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Strange they didn't just go with Edelman
I don't get this either

johnsmith
03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Is Wes Welker, at this point of his career, as big a deal as ESPN and the Pats are making him? Or is it just a slow time for sports?

Blake
03-19-2013, 01:15 PM
That assumes Welker would have signed with the Pats for the same or even similar deal. And it doesn't account for the notion that Welker and his agents were asking for way more from the Patriots than they ended up getting from Denver. Unless Kraft is lying, the way his story plays out, the Pats were not stupid. They were being bullied by Welker's agents and didn't bite. That's sound business. The biggest loser is still Welker, especially if he wanted to stay in New England and he would have stayed at a similar deal. He should fire his agents.

No doubt the biggest loser was Welker.

If you believe his agents, they said the Pats said the 2 year $10 guaranteed + $6 mill in incentives was non negotiable.

If true, the Pats are stupid.

monosylab1k
03-19-2013, 02:37 PM
No doubt the biggest loser was Welker.

If you believe his agents, they said the Pats said the 2 year $10 guaranteed + $6 mill in incentives was non negotiable.

If true, the Pats are stupid.

Why would they negotiate when they gave him the best offer he saw?

Blake
03-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Why would they negotiate when they gave him the best offer he saw?

Tennessee and Denver both offered more guaranteed money.

it would have made some sense had they just gone with Edelman. But giving Amendola the type of money they did makes it bizarre.

Either they're stupid or really had a grudge with Welker.

Fabbs
09-15-2013, 07:19 PM
http://withfriendship.com/images/i/44051/ralph-wiggum-for-president.jpg

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 02:38 AM

:hat

Sean Cagney
09-17-2013, 02:44 AM

LOL since prime Rice, come on now Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Julio now and even Roddy etc. Welker a slot reciever and gets a ton of catches underneath bro, but he is not the greatest reciever since a prime Rice lol, stop it. He is what he is, a great slot reciever and sure handed. I am sure Amendola if he coudl happen to stay healthy could put up those numbers as well, but he never stays healthy lol.

BTW I forgot to ADD, Brandon Marshall is way better than Welker in reality, but you said best since prime Rice lol. He is a slot guy realistically and does no more than that, no big plays just does his role and runs his routes well and made a living on it with one of the best QB's ever honestly and now with another one. Welker made a living on that.

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 02:53 AM
LOL since prime Rice, come on now Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Julio now and even Roddy etc. Welker a slot reciever and gets a ton of catches underneath bro, but he is not the greatest reciever since a prime Rice lol, stop it. He is what he is, a great slot reciever and sure handed. I am sure Amendola if he coudl happen to stay healthy could put up those numbers as well, but he never stays healthy lol.

BTW I forgot to ADD, Brandon Marshall is way better than Welker in reality, but you said best since prime Rice lol. He is a slot guy realistically and does no more than that, no big plays just does his role and runs his routes well and made a living on it with one of the best QB's ever honestly and now with another one. Welker made a living on that.

he was being sarcastic.

most NFL fans would say Welker was a huge part of the Pats offense, but Pats fans insist he was easily replaceable, losing him was addition by subtraction, and that Welker wasn't really that good. But I think they'd love to have Welker right about now.

monosylab1k
09-17-2013, 04:37 AM
he was being sarcastic.

most NFL fans would say Welker was a huge part of the Pats offense, but Pats fans insist he was easily replaceable, losing him was addition by subtraction, and that Welker wasn't really that good. But I think they'd love to have Welker right about now.

Actually no. I'm just fine without him. I'd rather Brady be forced to develop chemistry with new guys than force passes to his midget security blanket that drops clutch passes. We knew it would hurt in the short term, but long term this is better for Brady. Don't miss Welker one bit.

LkrFan
09-17-2013, 04:46 AM
Actually no. I'm just fine without him. I'd rather Brady be forced to develop chemistry with new guys than force passes to his midget security blanket that drops clutch passes. We knew it would hurt in the short term, but long term this is better for Brady. Don't miss Welker one bit.
O'RLY? Tom doesn't share your sentiments. After the 1,653rd drop by your inept receivers, Tom got hungry...

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3215031/bradyRAGE_medium.gif

Enjoy World Wide West in the SB. You, Gisele, and Tom can come watch it with me tbh.

:rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
09-17-2013, 04:49 AM
http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/6a0115709f071f970b01675e99ecd1970b.jpe

:cry Tom is so fucking intense. :cry

Sean Cagney
09-17-2013, 12:23 PM
he was being sarcastic.

Oh okay, hoped he was being sarcastic but you never know on these boards with the stuff you can hear.

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 12:28 PM
O'RLY? Tom doesn't share your sentiments. After the 1,653rd drop by your inept receivers, Tom got hungry...

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3215031/bradyRAGE_medium.gif

:rollin :lmao :rollin

:rollinthis wasn't after a drop but when Dobson completely ran the wrong way in the endzone:rollin

Fabbs
09-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Ok we've got to give monoslob credit for sticking to his guns re Welker.
I think it will be Peyote Manning for 300+ yards (including some to Welker) in a Donkey AFC Championship win.
But, we saw last year that Donkey is entirely capable of choking away a great regular season.

Likewise, pretty hard to forsee that Hernandez would be ousted for murder and Gronk would be a dancing with the starz fool.

LkrFan
09-17-2013, 03:40 PM
:rollinthis wasn't after a drop but when Dobson completely ran the wrong way in the endzone:rollin
:lol