PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Implications? "Kobe Severely Injures Ankle out Indefinitely

cd021
03-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Kobe sprained his ankle late in the loss to Atlanta. They are at the moment still in the 8th seed because Utah lost to OKC. But this could hamper any chance of moving up or let alone making the playoffs. Utah has the tie breaker among the two and Houston and GSW are 1 1/2 & 2 games up on the Lakers.

The Lakers would face the Spurs if the 1st round started today. They may get Gasol back next week, according to ESPN.

DatBoyGood
03-13-2013, 09:58 PM
I bet they'll still hold on to the 8th seed. Utah just seems horrible now.

freetiago
03-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Spurs will fall to 2nd seed permanently after the tough stretch coming up vs MEM/MIA and those other teams
they will rest at the end of the season while OKC will play hard and injury free as always
tbh id rather face the Lakers then the Rockets
now that theyre playing Montiejunas they are exactly the type of team to hurt the Spurs
Lin has career game vs the Spurs
Harden- Spur killer
Parsons can easily get hot and has the length and defensive ability to switch onto Tony
D-mo can post up and shoot outside, a big problem for the Spurs
Asik can body up Duncan and match his production on the glass

Houston can stay at 7th and Spurs fall to 2

elemento
03-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Don't sleep on the Mavs. they still have a chance to pull this off.

The Jazz are pathetic quite honestly. Any team would love to face them in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Capt Bringdown
03-13-2013, 10:13 PM

Kobe has been instrumental in their recent wins. They've got a thin roster and a weak coach that are incapable of making up for Kobe's absence.
Bring on the Laker death spiral.

hater
03-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Hes fine. Hell come back in 2 or 3 games at worst.

BatManu20
03-13-2013, 10:18 PM
The Lakers will still make the playoffs. I'm ready for the playoffs tbh. I don't care about seeding or match ups anymore, I'm just tired of the regular season. Let's get the 3 or 4 teams in the West that actually have a chance to get to the Finals and let's get it rolling. Miami should be just automatically get a 3-round bye and be in the Finals tbh.

timtonymanu
03-13-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm sure Kobe will force himself to come back. He misses 1-2 games max.

TheGoldStandard
03-13-2013, 10:22 PM
We'll see what projection is but Kobe's not going to go if he don't have the juice to go it'll just be a liability on the court so they may stay in 8th or they may drop out all together. Now if only one of these young teams would have a brush with some injuries we'd have an even playing field but it seems like the young guns (Miami and OKC) have really avoided the injury bug this season.

Bruno
03-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Bryant is a drama queen.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that injury isn't a serious one. Bryant will come back quickly and ther will have a gazillion of "Kobe is a warrior" talk.

FromWayDowntown
03-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Bryant is a drama queen.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that injury isn't a serious one. Bryant will come back quickly and ther will have a gazillion of "Kobe is a warrior" talk.

That was my thought. Just watched the play and it seemed like he was relatively pain free and more interested in arguing a no call. It almost looked like the extended time on the floor was a sell job. I hope Kobe's not really hurt and looking at the play, I'd be surprised if he missed much, if any, time.

cd021
03-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Hes fine. Hell come back in 2 or 3 games at worst.

Severe ankle sprains doesn't sound like a week of DNP's. He's 4 years older than Parker. If its the same grade of sprain he could be out a month at the least. But we'll have to wait and see.

cd021
03-13-2013, 10:51 PM
That was my thought. Just watched the play and it seemed like he was relatively pain free and more interested in arguing a no call. It almost looked like the extended time on the floor was a sell job. I hope Kobe's not really hurt and looking at the play, I'd be surprised if he missed much, if any, time.

According to ESPN he had X-Rays after the game. They came back Negative.

cd021
03-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Don't sleep on the Mavs. they still have a chance to pull this off.

The Jazz are pathetic quite honestly. Any team would love to face them in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I agree. GSW, Houston, & Utah haven't played very well. Dallas seems like they could make a run. Only 2 1/2 back from 8th and won 4 straight ( hopefully they lose tomorrow to us though)

TheGoldStandard
03-13-2013, 10:57 PM
That's the kind of injury that can linger even if its not serious and if he decides that he can go on it before he's physically ready then he'll just hurt it worse.

Robz4000
03-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Spurs will fall to 2nd seed permanently after the tough stretch coming up vs MEM/MIA and those other teams
they will rest at the end of the season while OKC will play hard and injury free as always
tbh id rather face the Lakers then the Rockets
now that theyre playing Montiejunas they are exactly the type of team to hurt the Spurs
Lin has career game vs the Spurs
Harden- Spur killer
Parsons can easily get hot and has the length and defensive ability to switch onto Tony
D-mo can post up and shoot outside, a big problem for the Spurs
Asik can body up Duncan and match his production on the glass

Houston can stay at 7th and Spurs fall to 2

Spurs will beat all of those teams sans Memphis or Miami. OKC has a couple rough patches coming up where they'll drop 2 or 3 games. I agree that Houston is a bad matchup, but they'll be the 6th seed more than likely (GS is gonna fall to 8th). As long as the Spurs get it together and Tony is back soonish (week or two) they won't drop too many more games.

phxspurfan
03-13-2013, 11:11 PM
He walked off. Just like the finger thing a couple years ago, this will be only a few games I say. Dude will be back.

itzsoweezee
03-13-2013, 11:19 PM
It wasn't a severe sprain.

ElNono
03-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Who cares about 1st round fodder team?

Sean Cagney
03-13-2013, 11:45 PM

Yep, Houston will nab the 7th and they stay at 8th seed.

Sean Cagney
03-13-2013, 11:46 PM

I don't think so either, doubt it.

ElNono
03-13-2013, 11:46 PM
Dallas and Portland still have an outside shot, tbh... they need to get their shit together for the stretch run

siraulo23
03-14-2013, 12:05 AM
non issue he's not gonna miss any games

daslicer
03-14-2013, 12:43 AM
Kobe is fine I don't buy that injury was serious. He has a history of faking injuries just to get attention from the media.

Cane
03-14-2013, 12:51 AM
It was Kobe's left ankle? He's whined about it before, and said the pain from his left ankle and right knee almost made him retire.

D'Antoni is running his Lakers into the ground

Sense
03-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Bryant is a drama queen.

This.. he's trying to make a statement to the NBA... it's all it is.

TD 21
03-14-2013, 01:11 AM
If he were a Spur, he'd be out a month, come back just before the playoffs, not be in game shape/rhythm and they'd be eliminated in the 1st round. But because it's him and because it's the Lakers, everything will work out just fine. Just how their season magically turned around at pretty much the exact point it needed to for them to not only make the playoffs, but have a shot at getting to the sixth seed and winning a round (which, in turn, will lead to Howard re-signing).

99 Problems
03-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Utah are just so consistently bad. They're gifting games day in day out. Like the Nets they should play in Euro league where they would be very good.

cd021
03-14-2013, 01:19 AM

Got this from ESPN. Him getting an X-Ray in Atlanta makes me think its more serious than just a rolled ankle.

Sean Cagney
03-14-2013, 01:40 AM
If he were a Spur, he'd be out a month, come back just before the playoffs, not be in game shape/rhythm and they'd be eliminated in the 1st round. But because it's him and because it's the Lakers, everything will work out just fine. Just how their season magically turned around at pretty much the exact point it needed to for them to not only make the playoffs, but have a shot at getting to the sixth seed and winning a round (which, in turn, will lead to Howard re-signing).

Sadly with the GAYKERS and the media hype this is how it might turn out. Save this post for later man.
Got this from ESPN. Him getting an X-Ray in Atlanta makes me think its more serious than just a rolled ankle.

He will be back next week :( BTW Hendrix rocks man, everytime I see the AVI I SMILE! LEGEND! Listening to the wind cries Mary right now, one of my faves by him.

ElNono
03-14-2013, 01:42 AM
well, he was the one telling Dwight to play through injury earlier in the season... time to man up, tbh

cd021
03-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Sadly with the GAYKERS and the media hype this is how it might turn out. Save this post for later man.

He will be back next week :( BTW Hendrix rocks man, everytime I see the AVI I SMILE! LEGEND! Listening to the wind cries Mary right now, one of my faves by him.

Great song. Finished listening to "One Rainy Wish" for like the 5th time today. His music is otherworldly. If you haven't heard People, Hell & Angels yet I suggest "Somewhere". Its utterly mind blowing.

Sean Cagney
03-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Great song. Finished listening to "One Rainy Wish" for like the 5th time today. His music is otherworldly. If you haven't heard People, Hell & Angels yet I suggest "Somewhere". Its utterly mind blowing.

I have not heard it yet, I will cop it tomorrow when I GET PAID! PERIOD. Itunes it has to be on there! I read about it today and saw it's placement on Billboard 200! You got me excited bro! Jimi is one of my faves of all times, voice just so damn legendary and his guitar best ever. I got him up there with Bob Marley as far as that goes and Stuart Adamson (You might not know him but he was in a band Big Country and committed suicide, great songwriter and guitar), those three to me are untouchable!!! Peace.

Capt Bringdown
03-14-2013, 02:37 AM

Went on a "Machine Gun" kick recently. Couldn't stop listening. Face-melting extravaganza.

Mal
03-14-2013, 02:56 AM
He`ll play next winnable game. Not a biggie

temujin
03-14-2013, 04:35 AM
Don't know what's worse for the Lakers,
Bryant out
or
Gasol back in again.

At any rate, Bryant is going to miss the Indiana game they can't win anyway, and that's about it.

spurraider21
03-14-2013, 04:40 AM
I still remember when Kobe "hurt his ankle really bad" in the playoffs against New Orleans. Said he wasn't sure he could play. Obviously played and actually threw down 2 absolute monster dunks. He is a big drama queen for sure about injuries. Just like his annual nagging preseason injury he "has to play through all season" like his 8 billion supposed wrist/finger injuries he has

playbonner15
03-14-2013, 05:05 AM
Metta World Bryant will step up :toast

Russo21
03-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Didn't look too bad. Kobe seems to heal pretty quick anyway i'm sure he will be fine.

What bothers me is Dahntay Jones. He seemed to be cheering and pumped up even though Bryant clearly went down. I know it was the end of a close game and he might not have noticed visually but surely if he didnt see Kobe go down he would have felt Kobe land on his foot and know something might have happened. Judging on the video he had absolutely no intention of blocking the shot and was only a half assed attempt to even get his hand up. Seemed more intent on getting underneath Kobe.

Anyway i suppose in the heat of a close game maybe he was too pumped up and didnt even realise. But, kinda looked deliberate to me with how far he jumped into Kobe and the subsequent cheering and high fives he gave out afterwards. I'm sure the drama queen will be back probably next game anyways.

cd98
03-14-2013, 07:41 AM
Bryant is a drama queen.

Exactly. Kobe wanted to go back in in that very game. Media and Bryant hype the injury. If he had a severe sprain he would be hobbling off the court like Parker.

TampaDude
03-14-2013, 09:42 AM
Don't believe the hype. Kobe will miss 1 or 2 games at most.

Sportstudi
03-14-2013, 10:05 AM
BTW Hendrix rocks man, everytime I see the AVI I SMILE! LEGEND! Listening to the wind cries Mary right now, one of my faves by him.

You could also mention Villanova Junction in combination with that extended improvisation he played at Woodstock. Gives me chills every time.

My favourite though is Little Wing. Simply unmatched.

Rummpd
03-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Lakers will rally around the loss of Bryant. Teams do that in the short run at least.

cd021
03-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Went on a "Machine Gun" kick recently. Couldn't stop listening. Face-melting extravaganza.

I kind of like that there isn't really a studio version of Machine Gun. The 6 Live versions all have a drastically different feels to them. The best is the Band of Gypsy's one and then the Filmore East (Disc 1 version)

cd021
03-14-2013, 02:13 PM
You could also mention Villanova Junction in combination with that extended improvisation he played at Woodstock. Gives me chills every time.

My favourite though is Little Wing. Simply unmatched.

That improv is just ridiculous. His feel for music was unmatched.

If you haven't heard the BBC sessions I suggest (Disc One) Hear My Train A Comin' (His guitar play is especially strong there)

I realize we've complete got off topic but Hendrix is all ways relevant. tbh.

Xevious
03-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Utah is in a free fall right now. Only question is whether the Lakers get the 7th or 8th seed.

And Bryant is fine.

03-14-2013, 02:51 PM
not really concerned with the lower seeds. spurs have bigger things to worry about like OKC/clips/grizzlies and parker's health.

DesignatedT
03-14-2013, 03:44 PM
He'll prob miss 3 or 4 games but if he rushes back, which he will, it wont be the same for the remainder of the season. Also could be likely he injures it again if it isn't healed right. Tough break for LA.

rjv
03-14-2013, 04:26 PM
looking at the schedule i still think dallas can make a run. LA could hold on as the jazz and blazers are too inconsistent

spurraider21
03-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Any chance its the same injury TP has?

Cry Havoc
03-14-2013, 04:33 PM
I sprained my ankle in a game today. Fuck Kobe, I blame him.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2013, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they started playing better without him. They have plenty of talent. They now have 20-30 shots a game to distribute among the other guys. If they use a lot of them on that guy who shoots 57% from the floor they could be almost as good as Lakerfan crowed about all summer.

That said, this is probably another fake Willis Reed by Kobe to make his fans think he's driven to compete. He'll probably miss a couple games at most.

Beaverfuzz
03-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Kobe will miss the Indy game and be back for the next. Rest is in June.

Man In Black
03-14-2013, 06:35 PM
http://www.complex.com/sports/2009/09/retirement-party-bruce-bowens-dirtiest-moves

I miss Bruce, did he cross the line? Never but he sure like going right up to it :lol

cd021
03-14-2013, 07:02 PM
According to ESPN Kobe called it the worst of his 16 Year Career. (He's been very healthy, for what its worth)

spurraider21
03-14-2013, 07:05 PM
http://www.complex.com/sports/2009/09/retirement-party-bruce-bowens-dirtiest-moves

I miss Bruce, did he cross the line? Never but he sure like going right up to it :lol

I loved Bruce's intensity on the defensive end. Always with the active hands, shuffling feet, great contests, and of course the pocket 3 was as deadly as anybody's in recent memory. He would hit them in clutch moments too. BUT i hated that he was dirty. Sorta put a big stain on the Spurs the whole time.

cd021
03-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Any chance its the same injury TP has?

Would be a fitting end to the Lakers crazy season. Phoenix could get the last laugh with 2 lottery picks this year and cap space.

cd021
03-14-2013, 07:07 PM
They've been showing a new replay Kobe definitely landed badly on his ankle. Dahtay Jones did pull a Bowen. Untentional but he did...

Capt Bringdown
03-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Attention-whore/rapist went crying to the NBA and look what happened:

The NBA says Kobe Bryant was fouled on the play that injured his ankle -->> (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nba-says-kobe-bryant-fouled-play-injured-ankle-232558182--nba.html)

According to an official statement from the league, Bryant should have earned two free throws:

With 4.9 seconds remaining in the Atlanta Hawks' 96-92 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on March 13, the Lakers' Kobe Bryant attempted a jump shot over the Hawks' Dahntay Jones. After review at the league office, video replay confirmed that referees missed a foul call on Jones as he challenged Bryant's shot and did not give him the opportunity to land cleanly back on the floor. Bryant should have been granted two free throws.

LOL Kobe Basketball Association

Phenomanul
03-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Attention-whore/rapist went crying to the NBA and look what happened:

LOL Kobe Basketball Association

It's the same world that allows Derek Fisher to land on Brent Barry's neck while he's attempting a game tying 3pt shot.

Russo21
03-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Lakers are lucky to have gotten into the 8th seed. Seems like the teams that were just ahead of them are tanking or just overall playing shithouse. They just got ahead of Utah (2-8 in the last 10 games) Dallas (5-5 last 10 games) Portland (4-6) If those three teams werent playing sub .500 ball lately the Lakers would just about be as good as done. Let's hope Utah Dallas and Portland pick it up and drop the Lakers from the Playoffs while Kome is out, if he is, haven't heard anything much yet.

ffadicted
03-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Bryant is a drama queen.

such honorable commitement :cry:

iminol
03-15-2013, 10:13 AM
What did Josh Smith say to Dahntay Jones before Kobe visited Atlanta?
- "kill him" ---> http://bit.ly/WN0tBX

TheGoldStandard
03-15-2013, 10:24 AM
What did Josh Smith say to Dahntay Jones before Kobe visited Atlanta?
- "kill him" ---> http://bit.ly/WN0tBX

Sweep the leg... Dahntay looks at Josh, do you have a problem with that? No Mercy

SpurPadre
03-15-2013, 10:44 AM
TP "severely" sprains his ankle and he's basically declared out a month immediately after but it happens to Kobe and he's merely "questionable" for tonight's Laker game? WTF? Does Kobe have bionic ankles or is he faking it like MJ faked having over 100 degree fever in that one game?

jon123spurs
03-15-2013, 11:28 AM
TP "severely" sprains his ankle and he's basically declared out a month immediately after but it happens to Kobe and he's merely "questionable" for tonight's Laker game? WTF? Does Kobe have bionic ankles or is he faking it like MJ faked having over 100 degree fever in that one game?
My thoughts exactly.

phxspurfan
03-15-2013, 12:09 PM
ESPN just announced Kobe is a game time decision to play tonight against the Pacers. Lol what a severe sprain that fgt

Obstructed_View
03-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Since everyone knows that they can call a foul for not giving a guy space to land, I'm unsure why people think Jones would have done that intentionally to Kobe. Why would you try to injure someone if the resulting foul would give him free throws to tie the game with no time on the clock? If he did that shit while one team or the other was up 20 then we can talk about it being intentional.

EVAY
03-15-2013, 12:47 PM
This injury is little more than Kobe/media hype. A truly 'severely' sprained ankle keeps anyone out for some games. Does anyone here remember Tim trying to play through a badly sprained ankle in the playoffs the year after they won their first championship? He was hardly effective at all. Kobe is going to milk this for all it is worth and then some.

cd98
03-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Kobe laid on the floor after the Atlanta game to emphasize that to the refs that if he doesn't score the basket they better call a foul. He didn't lay on the floor because his ankle hurt.

chapnis
03-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Lol, game-time decision for the Indiana game. Classic Kobe over-reaction.

Sean Cagney
03-15-2013, 01:35 PM
This injury is little more than Kobe/media hype. A truly 'severely' sprained ankle keeps anyone out for some games. Does anyone here remember Tim trying to play through a badly sprained ankle in the playoffs the year after they won their first championship? He was hardly effective at all. Kobe is going to milk this for all it is worth and then some.No I don't remember that, Tim was hurt and out for the whole playoffs after they won in 99. I agree if it was serious he would not sniff the court, he will milk it for all it's worth as you said.

lakerhaterade
03-15-2013, 01:52 PM
The mfker is gonna play tonight. Classic Kobe tbh

Splits
03-15-2013, 02:04 PM
If he can rehabilitate his rapist image, a bum ankle is nothing.

Mel_13
03-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Bryant is a drama queen.

These two saw what was up immediately. Any doubt that this was a Kobe media play went out the window when there was no MRI the next day.

Obstructed_View
03-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Reminds me of Ray Allen's fake sprained ankle when he was in Seattle. He just wanted to sell the refs on the idea that Bowen was trying to hurt him so they'd blow the whistle more.

Thread
03-15-2013, 03:00 PM
If he can rehabilitate his rapist image, a bum ankle is nothing.

You've nary room. Your Neal raped too.

cd98
03-15-2013, 03:06 PM
You've nary room. Your Neal raped too.

Neal was acquitted by a jury of peers. Bryant paid money to get the victim to drop the case.

Thread
03-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Neal was acquitted by a jury of peers. Bryant paid money to get the victim to drop the case.

Neal raped just like Kobe. Don't fret though, both girls were throw-a-ways. No biggee.

iminol
03-15-2013, 03:22 PM
TWC SportsNet ‏@TWCSportsNet (https://twitter.com/TWCSportsNet)
Kobe Bryant warming up on the floor in Indiana. Gametime decision tonight at Pacers. 4pm on TWC SportsNet.

JA PIERDOLĘ DRAMA QUEEN

HI-FI
03-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Good Hendrix and rapist discussion, except one was a genius and the other an overrated ballhog. Lol at rapist and the tri-annual "warrior playing thru pain" meme. That nig is going to go crazy in retirement without the constant attention.

EVAY
03-15-2013, 03:52 PM
No I don't remember that, Tim was hurt and out for the whole playoffs after they won in 99. I agree if it was serious he would not sniff the court, he will milk it for all it's worth as you said.

Okay, apparently I don't remember correctly. I just remember one early year for Duncan (Robinson was still here) and Duncan went down with a sprained ankle and tried to come back and his shoe would hardly fit him and he was trying to play through it and it just didn't work. I guess I don't remember what year it was, but I remember it happening. I think after that one game when he tried they held him out.

cd98
03-15-2013, 05:13 PM
TWC SportsNet ‏@TWCSportsNet (https://twitter.com/TWCSportsNet)
Kobe Bryant warming up on the floor in Indiana. Gametime decision tonight at Pacers. 4pm on TWC SportsNet.

JA PIERDOLĘ DRAMA QUEEN

At least his worshipers in the media could add something like...hobbling during shootaround, but looks like he will play. I hope whoever guards him in this game steps under him again so Kobe can put on more of a show. It would be hilarious.

Sean Cagney
03-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Okay, apparently I don't remember correctly. I just remember one early year for Duncan (Robinson was still here) and Duncan went down with a sprained ankle and tried to come back and his shoe would hardly fit him and he was trying to play through it and it just didn't work. I guess I don't remember what year it was, but I remember it happening. I think after that one game when he tried they held him out.

Maybe it was 00 but he was held out before the playoffs then and shut down and it was not an ankle injury. Maybe you have the injury wrong but he was shut down for his knee and held out of the playoffs.

Thread
03-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Good Hendrix and rapist discussion, except one was a genius and the other an overrated ballhog. Lol at rapist and the tri-annual "warrior playing thru pain" meme. That nig is going to go crazy in retirement without the constant attention.

You've nary room. Your Neal raped as well.

Mal
03-15-2013, 05:45 PM
He`ll play next winnable game. Not a biggie

Told ya

crc21209
03-15-2013, 06:20 PM
:lol At anybody actually believing that Kobe would be out a long time. With that being said, even with him they're going to get spanked tonight....

siraulo23
03-15-2013, 06:25 PM
non issue he's not gonna miss any games

tbh

SpurPadre
03-15-2013, 06:25 PM
I was listening to a local sports station here in Northern Cali. and they were talking about Kobe's injury and how it would make TP look like a pussy if Kobe wound up playing tonight. They said both injuries looked similarly bad, TP is younger and were amazed TP was immediately deemed out for a while wheareas Kobe might still end up playing. I tried to call in but their screener wouldn't let me pass through because they didn't want to debate their thoughts on it unless they got people who agreed with them or had questions about local teams here.

slick'81
03-15-2013, 07:04 PM
lol kobe active

chapnis
03-15-2013, 07:27 PM
se·vere - (of something bad or undesirable) Very great; intense.

Lol, must've been soooo severe.

exstatic
03-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty tired of the media hopping on Kobe's "I'm severely injured/sick" train EVERY fucking time.

exstatic
03-16-2013, 09:56 AM
I was listening to a local sports station here in Northern Cali. and they were talking about Kobe's injury and how it would make TP look like a pussy if Kobe wound up playing tonight. They said both injuries looked similarly bad, TP is younger and were amazed TP was immediately deemed out for a while wheareas Kobe might still end up playing. I tried to call in but their screener wouldn't let me pass through because they didn't want to debate their thoughts on it unless they got people who agreed with them or had questions about local teams here.

lol, NoCal gravy-trainers hopping on the SoCal team's bandwagon.

Obstructed_View
03-16-2013, 11:25 AM
The most severe injury of his career, and he doesn't even limp. No oscar for the fake mamba.

Capt Bringdown
03-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Is the relentless attention-whoring something Kobe picked up from PJ?
As I recall with PJ's Lakers and the Bulls, there was always some bit of mid/late season intrigue/BS that generated gobs of media attention.
A way to intimidate opponents? A method of firing up the team/players? A bit of a laugh? A prank? Taking the piss?

exstatic
03-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Is the relentless attention-whoring something Kobe picked up from PJ?
As I recall with PJ's Lakers and the Bulls, there was always some bit of mid/late season intrigue/BS that generated gobs of media attention.
A way to intimidate opponents? A method of firing up the team/players? A bit of a laugh? A prank? Taking the piss?

Like every other facet of his career, he stole this from MJ, too.

Obstructed_View
03-17-2013, 03:12 AM
I don't remember MJ ever pouting in front of fawning reporters about how someone was mean to him on the court and whining about how he's going to stop thinking about the playoffs or a championship long enough to plot revenge against a bottom-tier defender for a lottery team.

callo1
03-17-2013, 01:23 PM
freethrows vs. Indiana: Lakers 20-30 Pacers: 7-9

Something tells me they may still be alright

TheGoldStandard
03-17-2013, 01:27 PM
freethrows vs. Indiana: Lakers 20-30 Pacers: 7-9

Something tells me they may still be alright

Which may be a problem for the Spurs if they do meet them in the first round, we might see excessive trips to the line for the Lakers meanwhile the spurs can get raped and pillaged and its just tough defense. The only way the Lakers will lose on the foul calls if they play the Thunder and then Durant and Westbrook have a field day.

exstatic
03-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Which may be a problem for the Spurs if they do meet them in the first round, we might see excessive trips to the line for the Lakers meanwhile the spurs can get raped and pillaged and its just tough defense. The only way the Lakers will lose on the foul calls if they play the Thunder and then Durant and Westbrook have a field day.

The only time we've ever been FT raped was twice against Dallas, in two different series. They got like 50 per game. The NBA would have to do that four times in one series for LA to beat us, and then the cat would be ALL the way out of the bag. LA's defense is pathetic, and they have NO ONE that can stay in front of Parker.

polandprzem
03-18-2013, 02:22 AM
K. Bryant DND - Severe sprain, left ankle.

nba.com

LkrFan
03-18-2013, 04:58 AM
:corn: