PDA

View Full Version : If Spurs were in the East

TheGoldStandard
03-14-2013, 12:22 AM
How many games would they win? Who'd be an All-Star? Either Central or Southeast division.

lefty
03-14-2013, 12:39 AM
So basically in the Miami conference

thunderup
03-14-2013, 12:44 AM
I've stated before about how unfair it is to fans and teams that Miami gets a free ride to the finals. Moving Memphis to the East would help create some parity, at least in the East that is.

As it stands the toughest opponent the Heat will face is Indiana:lmao. A team that would finish as a 7th or 8th seed in the West.

LarryDavid
03-14-2013, 01:09 AM
Probably 73-9.

Bruno
03-14-2013, 01:45 AM
If Spurs were in the East, they would have no legit shot at winning their conference.

HarlemHeat37
03-14-2013, 01:46 AM
I've stated before about how unfair it is to fans and teams that Miami gets a free ride to the finals. Moving Memphis to the East would help create some parity, at least in the East that is.

As it stands the toughest opponent the Heat will face is Indiana:lmao. A team that would finish as a 7th or 8th seed in the West.

Indiana's style of play translates better to playoff basketball than any West team outside of OKC/SA/Memphis, tbh..

The West is still better than the East, but the 6-8 teams in the West are weaker than they have been in years, tbh..Golden State, Houston and LA will be easy outs..

thunderup
03-14-2013, 01:49 AM
Indiana's style translates better to playoff basketball than any West team outside of OKC/SA/Memphis, tbh..

Indiana is on the same tier as the Denver Nuggets. Don't even try to argue that Miami doesn't face some shitty competition in the east. Doing such is intellectual dishonesty.

thunderup
03-14-2013, 01:51 AM
If those teams fighting for playoff spots out West were in the East, they'd be in the playoffs. And yes, that includes the shitty ass Lakers.

thunderup
03-14-2013, 01:52 AM
If Spurs were in the East, they would have no legit shot at winning their conference.

Blasphemous.

spurraider21
03-14-2013, 02:56 AM
Indiana's style of play translates better to playoff basketball than any West team outside of OKC/SA/Memphis, tbh..

The West is still better than the East, but the 6-8 teams in the West are weaker than they have been in years, tbh..Golden State, Houston and LA will be easy outs..

Indiana is on the same tier as the Denver Nuggets. Don't even try to argue that Miami doesn't face some shitty competition in the east. Doing such is intellectual dishonesty.

i'm sorry. where did he say that Miami doesn't face shitty competition?

thunderup
03-14-2013, 03:03 AM
i'm sorry. where did he say that Miami doesn't face shitty competition?

Just pointing out that if he indeed wants to make the argument, it's intellectually dishonest.

Reading comprehension helps partner.

spurraider21
03-14-2013, 03:31 AM
Just pointing out that if he indeed wants to make the argument, it's intellectually dishonest.

Reading comprehension helps partner.

He wasn't even trying to make the argument. He just pointed out Indiana is one solid team

Bill_Brasky
03-14-2013, 03:47 AM

Funny how they were pushed to 7 games by a couple of those "shitty" east teams(yeah, I know, no Bosh) yet had no problem destroying the best the West had to offer in 5.

KaiRMD1
03-14-2013, 04:00 AM
The west has always been dominant though. Last time the east was even competition was in Jordan's era (not the Wizards bull shit, COME ON!) so needless to say, Spurs would have a match up against the Heat every year, easily. Who would win? I don't know, Spurs have the front court edge but the Heat have Lebron, he eats teams then shits out their d - league counter part.

spurraider21
03-14-2013, 04:36 AM
Your lack of confidence in your own Spurs befuddles me. From wanting to dodge the Lakers in the first round, to not even giving your team a shot at beating Miami in a series. They were pushed to 7 by Boston

thunderup
03-14-2013, 01:14 PM
He wasn't even trying to make the argument. He just pointed out Indiana is one solid team
Color me bias but I think my argument stands. Indiana may be a solid team but they're basically on the same level as the Nuggets and even the Rockets at worst. They won't beat Miami. The reason Miami was taken to 6 games in that series was because they "coasted". They were also missing Bosh. Had Miami been locked in, like other WC teams have to be throughout the entire postseason, they would have swept Indiana.

Funny how they were pushed to 7 games by a couple of those "shitty" east teams(yeah, I know, no Bosh) yet had no problem destroying the best the West had to offer in 5.

Again, Boston couldn't have beaten Miami. We got a glimpse of how Miami should have played in game 6 when Lebron erupted and took over the series. Up to that point the Heat were ho-hum. You cannot honestly say that Boston was gonna win that series. Miami "coasted" through the playoffs and really brought it against us. They're like a better more talented version of us from top to bottom and it helps their role players caught fire.

Out West it's different. Any team can catch fire and go to the NBA finals. Three teams, maybe four, can get hot at the right moment to go to the finals.

thunderup
03-14-2013, 01:17 PM
The west has always been dominant though. Last time the east was even competition was in Jordan's era (not the Wizards bull shit, COME ON!) so needless to say, Spurs would have a match up against the Heat every year, easily. Who would win? I don't know, Spurs have the front court edge but the Heat have Lebron, he eats teams then shits out their d - league counter part.

I know I clown around here a lot but the Spurs can take out the Heat. They have the perfect system ball and have the two things that put them over the top: Pop and Duncan.

Hoops Czar
03-14-2013, 01:47 PM

Harlem is full of it. Indiana doesn't have enough offense to seriously contend for a championship. He knows this but wants to build up Miami to make it sound like they had to beat somebody on the way to the finals. Indiana would be the 6th best team out west yet, they're 2nd in the east.

thunderup
03-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Harlem is full of it. Indiana doesn't have enough offense to seriously contend for a championship. He knows this but wants to build up Miami to make it sound like they had to beat somebody on the way to the finals. Indiana would be the 6th best team out west yet, they're 2nd in the east.

That's the San Antonio Heat bandwagon presence in this forum. It's unreal how Spur fans turn the cheek when someone says something so as to question the Heat's title.

Sean Cagney
03-14-2013, 02:00 PM
I know I clown around here a lot but the Spurs can take out the Heat. They have the perfect system ball and have the two things that put them over the top: Pop and Duncan.
IF they made it there I would hope you are correct. That is a BIG IF.

cd021
03-14-2013, 02:18 PM
68 W's would be a safe bet imo. The Easts bottom half just seems to be a couple of steps above the D-League. IMO.

spurraider21
03-14-2013, 02:20 PM

I think with a healthy Granger, they have just enough offense to win in front of their elite defense. We all know David West and Paul George can score. Granger is a career 18 ppg scorer, and his long range shooting would actually help Paul George who has become more of a playmaker. Our boy George Hill is getting 15 and 5, and Hibbert can put up points when needed too.

Stephenson and Hansbrough can get points off the bench, and Augistin is a solid bench point guard too. These Pacers are my favorite eastern conference team, pretty much since Hill was sent there. I think if they're healthy they're legit competition.