View Full Version : 2013 Free Agent: Kyle Korver

Bruno
03-14-2013, 02:00 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_kyle_korver.jpg
Born: Mar 17, 1981
Height: 6-7 / 2.01
Weight: 212 lbs. / 96.2 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country: Creighton / USA

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kyle_korver/career_stats.html)

ABC
03-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Korver Wants To Sign With Winning Team, Hopes To Play Five More Years (http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226984/Korver-Wants-To-Sign-With-Winning-Team-Hopes-To-Play-Five-More-Years)
“I think I have still got, lord willing and no injuries, four or five good years, but you never know, we’ll see,” Korver said. “At this stage of my career, to be on a bad team, I just don’t want any part of that. It is good to be here. It is always good to be in the playoffs. The playoffs are a whole other world. It is a different game. It is where you make the memories. I want to play in a good culture on a good team.”

8FOR!3
03-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Korver's a good enough shooter where he can play for a contender. I wouldn't mind having him as a backup 2 guard. He can shoot the ball like Neal does and you don't have to worry about Pop trying to turn him into a 1.

freetiago
03-31-2013, 07:16 PM
hes the ideal SF backup
he thrived in Chicago in that role and hes an underrated clutch performer

exstatic
03-31-2013, 07:46 PM
hes the ideal SF backup
he thrived in Chicago in that role and hes an underrated clutch performer

He'd be a terrible SF, bullied at every turn. He's a SG who plays no D.

Richie
04-13-2013, 10:59 AM
With Jackson gone and Manu having injury problems, I'd be looking at Korver. He would be a bargain with the room exception, and it sounds like he would place a premium on playing for a contender.

ace3g
06-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Good height at 6'7, good shooter, good FT shooter, could do worse.

And if the Spurs keep Splitter I can only imagine all the "Dude Where's My Car" Photoshop artwork.

DesignatedT
06-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Defense worries me here. Very reliable shooter though which would be nice.

exstatic
06-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Defense worries me here. Very reliable shooter though which would be nice.

If the Heat can run Danny Green off the line, they can run him, too, and then you're just left with a bad defender.

Everything should be thought about in terms of the Heat. They're the last rung in the ladder, and if a player can't help agaisnt them, they're of no use to us.

Seventyniner
06-24-2013, 08:53 AM
If the Heat can run Danny Green off the line, they can run him, too, and then you're just left with a bad defender.

My only beef with Green was trying to do too much once the Heat committed to running him off the line. He's actually a decent midrange shooter iirc (watch the numbers prove me wrong lol), so developing a Leonard-like pullup from 15 would do wonders.

I think Korver already has that shot in his arsenal.

Also, having both Green and Korver means you have at least one elite shooter on the floor at all times. Korver would take Neal's role but wouldn't break the offensive flow nearly so much. However, the cap space might be better used elsewhere, and SG was a logjam when everyone was healthy.

Everything should be thought about in terms of the Heat. They're the last rung in the ladder, and if a player can't help agaisnt them, they're of no use to us.

In that case the Spurs should just let Tiago walk, right?

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Depends on if the Spurs lose some shooting in free agency. Then again, this guy has torn it up from 3 with some pedestrian offenses. With the looks he'd get in SA...

ace3g
06-24-2013, 10:31 PM
and he has that Ray Allen/Reggie/RIP game where he is good running around screens to get to spots

spursince#99
06-25-2013, 04:07 AM
This is sad

spursince#99
06-25-2013, 04:07 AM

THIS

ace3g
06-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Source: Nets interested in Kyle Korver
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/brooklyn-nets/post/_/id/11443/source-nets-interested-in-kyle-korver

spurraider21
06-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Source: Nets interested in Kyle Korver

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/brooklyn-nets/post/_/id/11443/source-nets-interested-in-kyle-korver

they'll throw the mini MLE at him. great fit if they can land him. one of the best shooters of the past decade. his defense is like prime nash. physically limited, but he gives effort/rotates decently

Richie
06-28-2013, 07:15 PM

Korver has much more to his offensive arsenal than Green.

look_at_g_shred
06-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Dude's going to the Nets.

exstatic
06-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Korver has much more to his offensive arsenal than Green.

Yeah, unfortunately, he gives it all back on the other end.

Nathan89
06-30-2013, 10:25 AM
they'll throw the mini MLE at him. great fit if they can land him. one of the best shooters of the past decade. his defense is like prime nash. physically limited, but he gives effort/rotates decently

Doesn't matter though because he can guard Ray Allen, M. Miller, or Battier against the Heat.

Richie
06-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, he gives it all back on the other end.

While I don't disagree in general, if you are looking at the Heat he would definitely be a net positive if he's guarding Ray Allen or Mike Miller.