View Full Version : 2013 Free Agent: Josh Smith

Bruno
03-14-2013, 02:03 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_josh_smith.jpg
Born: Dec 5, 1985
Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 225 lbs. / 102.1 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country: Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, VA) / USA

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/josh_smith/career_stats.html)

Richie
05-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Putting aside whether we could afford him or not, would you guys want Josh Smith? Would his attitude be a problem? Gotta think he would be more than capable of playing with either Timmy or Tiago.

CGD
05-01-2013, 04:12 PM
I like the Spurs big man rotation of TD/Splitter/Diaw/Baynes/Bonner. Each brings a strength. Not so sure Smiths fits, and he's not a 3 in the Spurs system. If he were you think he wants to play behind Leonard? If the spurs are concerned about getting an athletic 4 (dont think they are), I think they address that in the draft and grab a project big to develop. Otherwise they should just focus on developing Leonard's game.

td4mvp2k
05-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I like the Spurs big man rotation of TD/Splitter/Diaw/Baynes/Bonner. Each brings a strength. Not so sure Smiths fits, and he's not a 3 in the Spurs system. If he were you think he wants to play behind Leonard? If the spurs are concerned about getting an athletic 4 (dont think they are), I think they address that in the draft and grab a project big to develop. Otherwise they should just focus on developing Leonard's game.

they should be tbh

exstatic
05-01-2013, 06:58 PM
I read that the Spurs weren't remotely interested at the deadline, because he's not Spurs material.

ABC
05-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Never mind. Google answered my question :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-01-2013, 10:36 PM
I wonder if he would be interested at all in the idea of a paycut for a championship opportunity. A one-year $10M deal for a shot at a championship and shine in our system to get another chance at a long-term deal next summer I think would be something to mull over.

Richie
05-02-2013, 03:11 PM
I wonder if he would be interested at all in the idea of a paycut for a championship opportunity. A one-year $10M deal for a shot at a championship and shine in our system to get another chance at a long-term deal next summer I think would be something to mull over.

One year? No, would be a huge gamble if he got an injury. 4 year with player options for last 2 (post-Timmy years) perhaps.

Still, I don't think $10m would be enough. However, dumping Diaws contract with the stretch provision could get us close to $13m and then we could be in business.

Does he actually have a bad attitude or is it all a bit overblown?

exstatic
05-02-2013, 09:19 PM
One year? No, would be a huge gamble if he got an injury. 4 year with player options for last 2 (post-Timmy years) perhaps.

Still, I don't think $10m would be enough. However, dumping Diaws contract with the stretch provision could get us close to $13m and then we could be in business.

Does he actually have a bad attitude or is it all a bit overblown?

It's not overblown. He's a two year old, prone to tantrums, in a professional athlete's body.

CGD
05-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Those who want this guy should really check out the 1-8 FGA stinker he's puttin up in Game 6, a game where his team is staving off elimination. Like Dwight, just another athletic player who can jump really high and make awesome regular season dunks. pass.

exstatic
05-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Those who want this guy should really check out the 1-8 FGA stinker he's puttin up in Game 6, a game where his team is staving off elimination. Like Dwight, just another athletic player who can jump really high and make awesome regular season dunks. pass.

Maybe one of the two or three most over rated players in the NBA. He lacks a basic understanding of the game, and what winning basketball is. He's more concerned with flashy dunks, and mean mugging.