View Full Version : 2013 Free Agent: Omri Casspi

Bruno
03-14-2013, 02:18 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_omri_casspi.jpg
Born: Jun 22, 1988
Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 225 lbs. / 102.1 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country: Hapoel Galil Elyon / Israel

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/omri_casspi/career_stats.html)

$3.3M QO

td4mvp2k
03-14-2013, 04:13 AM
Spurs want him now they can get him for nuttin.

Bruno
03-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Yeah, Casspi might be a good and cheap option for the backup SF slot if Jack isn't re-signed.

Bruno
04-04-2013, 05:36 AM
I have him as the most likely free agent joining Spurs this summer.

Cavs won't make the $3.3M QO so he will be an UFA. Spurs have been a number of times linked with him over years. While some of these rumors were likely false, it's hard to think all were. Casspi would fit nicely with next year roster. I'm not sure how much it can play, but his agent (Steven Heumann) has 5other clients playing in the NBA: Birdman, Foye, Parker, De Colo and Mills... :stirpot:

Depending on other teams interest, Casspi for the min or for the room exception sounds like a realistic scenario for Spurs this summer.

CGD
04-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Started off very promising in SAC, but that trade did him no favors. Wonder if its situation specific or player specific.

If he can be what is in the DX profile, then he sounds perfect off the bench: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/omri-casspi-538/

loveforthegame
04-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Would love to see Caspi in a Spurs uniform. Loved him in Sacramento but that trade derailed what was supposed to be a solid career.

exstatic
04-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Would love to see Caspi in a Spurs uniform. Loved him in Sacramento but that trade derailed what was supposed to be a solid career.

Sacramento seems to have a talent for taking wonderful rookies and running their careers off the track. Evans is just now returning to something approaching his rookie form, in year four.

Yes, please to Casspi, if he comes cheap. He won't jump out of the gym, and his arms aren't 7 feet wide. What he is is a basketball player who knows how to play the game. The fact that By Scott didn't play him is almost an endorsement. He also did that to JR Smith and Stephen Jackson.

loveforthegame
04-06-2013, 01:19 PM
He works hard. He's still young. He would fit right in with the Spurs.

I feel the Spurs would have a good chance at getting him if they're still interested.

TD 21
04-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Agreed that he's the most likely free agent to be a Spur next season. I'd much rather Wright or if want to go the inexpensive/project route, Johnson, though. Casspi is sub par athletically and has never been accused of being an average, let alone above average, defender. Maybe they can get him within' sniffing distance of average, but he's just too limited athletically/quickness wise to be anything more than that. Seeing as how Durant/James are the primary obstacles between them and a championship, that should factor heavily into this decision.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Noam Schiller ‏@noamschiller 9m
Not that this should be surprising, but apparently Omri Casspi refuses to go back to Israel this summer and is shooting for SA or Houston.

Bruno
04-19-2013, 05:44 PM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/omri_casspi

The only thing that would bring me back to Europe is if I don't receive any offers in the NBA. But I think there are teams that like me and want me. I don't want to say 'I'm staying [in the NBA] for sure' and then not receive any offers. My goal is to stay in the NBA on a winning team and compete for a championship.

loveforthegame
04-19-2013, 08:54 PM
What I like to hear. I sure hope SA still has interest in him.

Captivus
04-19-2013, 10:22 PM
The fact that By Scott didn't play him is almost an endorsement. He also did that to JR Smith and Stephen Jackson.
:lol

Uriel
04-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Well, backup SF is suddenly a glaring need.

exstatic
04-20-2013, 08:18 AM

No one knew it, but backup small forward for NEXT year has been a glaring need since Jack started going off the rails in February.

benefactor
04-20-2013, 11:31 AM
I'd almost be surprised if he didn't join the Spurs next season. It's no secret that they've like him for a while.

pad300
04-20-2013, 11:56 AM

I'd almost be surprised if he didn't join the Spurs next season. It's no secret that they've like him for a while.

Before we start saying that, I think the FO will look at how T-Mac does in the playoffs. If he does well, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in that spot behind Kawhi next season. A long-term vet with skills and a pretty laid-back personality (by all accounts I have read) - just what the FO loves... Even if T-Mac just does OK, I think he will get a look. The big question in that case is how much money will T-Mac want?

benefactor
04-20-2013, 12:09 PM
He played for the vet min in Detroit.

Honestly, I see T-Mac as more of a backup 4 instead of a backup 3 at this point in his career...similar to what Diaw is. I can see them signing T-Mac for depth and still having room for Casspi as the true backup 3.

ace3g
04-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Even if TMac works out, why can't the team have 3 true SFs on the team? Part of that is because the Spurs system is so interchangeable between wing players but it would be nice to have 3 SFs on the roster.

benefactor
04-20-2013, 12:35 PM
No doubt. Better than the bunch of damn midgets we have now.

BackHome
04-20-2013, 03:19 PM
NET YEAR:

Neal gone: Replaced with Adam Hanga
SJAX: Replaced with TMac
Bonner gone: Replaced with Omri
Blair gone: Replaced with draft pick

CoJo or Nando which one stays and which one goes?

Chinook
04-20-2013, 04:33 PM
NET YEAR:

Neal gone: Replaced with Adam Hanga
SJAX: Replaced with TMac
Bonner gone: Replaced with Omri
Blair gone: Replaced with draft pick

CoJo or Nando which one stays and which one goes?

Both Joseph and De Colo will be on the team next year. Both of their salaries are guaranteed. Hanga would not come over in place of either or them and if Ginobili comes back and the Spurs keep McGrady and get Cassipi, then there's no room for another wing.

BackHome
04-20-2013, 05:21 PM
I don't know we have 3 backup Pg who can't play Pg...Joseph, Nando, Mills.....It would be crazy to go into next season with the same three players and still not have a backup PG.

Chinook
04-20-2013, 06:39 PM
I don't know we have 3 backup Pg who can't play Pg...Joseph, Nando, Mills.....It would be crazy to go into next season with the same three players and still not have a backup PG.

They're all still better players than Hanga.

CGD
04-20-2013, 06:46 PM
I doubt TMac sticks beyond this offseason even if he has a decent run in limited minutes. Dude is a Diva. Hes just playing nice right now so he can get on an NBA roster.

TrainOfThought5
04-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Well.... someone between De Colo and Mills has to go. personally i think De Colo can be a great distributing 2guard, but we'll see. Mills just odd man out. still love him tho.

and Id rather have Caspi than TMac. im ready to transfer to the future, and Tmac isnt part of the future of this team.

CGD
04-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Yeah, Leonard and Casspi at the 3 would be great for the future. I'm interested to see what we do at the 2 for the future post Manu. I still think we should throw money at tyrke Evans this summer.

exstatic
04-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Yeah, Leonard and Casspi at the 3 would be great for the future. I'm interested to see what we do at the 2 for the future post Manu. I still think we should throw money at tyrke Evans this summer.

I think it would depend on who Sacto drafts. If they get someone like Oladipo, they may chose not to match. It's almost a reflex to match, though.

CGD
04-28-2013, 11:12 AM
^ Yeah, though who knows what the thought process is in SAC. That thomas Robinson trade was bizarre and suggests SAC is loath to add long term salary, especially with the looming sale of the team.

Redshadows
05-03-2013, 05:02 AM
I would prefer to sign Mike Dunleavy.

SenorSpur
05-18-2013, 09:14 AM
I agree with those who have said that Casspi is the most likely free agent to sign with the Spurs this summer. I'd rather have him as backup SF going forward. I just hope that Pop can coax him into becoming a better defender. Neal and McGrady should be gone.

dbestpro
05-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Didn't see his name in the free agent list, but one guy i like alot for his defensive effort is Demarre Carroll. Him, Joseph and Leonard on the floor at the same time would be nightmare for opposing backcourts.

exstatic
05-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Didn't see his name in the free agent list, but one guy i like alot for his defensive effort is Demarre Carroll. Him, Joseph and Leonard on the floor at the same time would be nightmare for opposing backcourts.
...and a nightmare for our offense.

If you're gonna D, you at least gotta "3".

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Sure interesting project with prior Spur interest.

wildbill2u
06-25-2013, 02:07 PM
no visible improvement since entering the league according to stats.

look_at_g_shred
06-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Hmm alot of you seem to like this guy and i'm not sure why. Didn't see a single quality I liked from him each time ive seen him play.

spurraider21
06-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Hmm alot of you seem to like this guy and i'm not sure why. Didn't see a single quality I liked from him each time ive seen him play.

he's the NBA's first Irsaeli born player so he has a lot of ethnic fans like Yi Jianlian

ducks
06-25-2013, 08:50 PM
he spur goodbye neal

spursince#99
06-25-2013, 09:02 PM
he spur goodbye neal

and what does he have to do with Neal? Him signing does not mean Neal won't return you idiot :lol

td4mvp2k
06-28-2013, 05:48 PM
he coold go 2 euros but would be good 4 him to be on a team like spurs

spurraider21
06-28-2013, 07:23 PM
no thank you on casspi

td4mvp2k
06-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Omri Casspi: I want to stay in the NBA, but I need a coach that believes in me and will give me minutes. I have offer from Europe, but if I return Maccabi would be my priority.:toast

-21-
06-29-2013, 12:33 AM
I don't really like him.

objective
07-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Spurs signing 6th bigs while the Rockets put in work.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-06-2013, 04:58 PM
spurs got the new danny green inside scoop pacer player. maybe casspi wanted too much money?

Spursfanfromafar
10-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Didn't even notice when the Rockets signed him. I thought he was going to Israel or something. What a tragic non-pick up for the Spurs.

outmap
10-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Didn't even notice when the Rockets signed him. I thought he was going to Israel or something. What a tragic non-pick up for the Spurs.

And he did really well in the pre-season game here in Manila, the Rockets have that small forward covered up with Parsons and Casspi.

Bruno
10-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Casspi was just awful at the Eurobasket.