View Full Version : 2013 Free Agent: Tyler Hansbrough

Bruno
03-14-2013, 03:04 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_tyler_hansbrough.jpg
Born: Nov 3, 1985
Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 250 lbs. / 113.4 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country: North Carolina / USA

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tyler_hansbrough/career_stats.html)

$4.2M QO

Richie
03-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Hansborough is a restricted free agent, how much do you think Indiana would match? Only playing 16mpg this season.

Wouldn't be a #1 target, but might be a useful pickup. Would likely have to overpay as he's restricted.

Chinook
03-19-2013, 09:42 PM
The Pacers have been trying to trade him for the past couple of seasons. They'll probably give him a qualifying offer, but I don't they'd match something even close to the MLE. I think he's a solid big as well. He can shoot, defend and rebound at a decent rate. I'd be ecstatic if Baynes developed into a player like Hansbrough.

Mal
03-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Spurs signing him makes no sense at all.

exstatic
03-31-2013, 09:41 AM
Hansborough is a restricted free agent, how much do you think Indiana would match? Only playing 16mpg this season.

Wouldn't be a #1 target, but might be a useful pickup. Would likely have to overpay as he's restricted.

Spurs never overpay for FAs any more.

exstatic
03-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Spurs signing him makes no sense at all.

This. He's a chucker in a big man's body. He has 34 assists this season. If he doesn't pass the ball, he has no place here.

Mal
03-31-2013, 09:53 AM
This. He's a chucker in a big man's body. He has 34 assists this season. If he doesn't pass the ball, he has no place here.

I`d rather thought that signing him makes no sense, when we have Duncan, Diaw, probably resigned Tiago and Baynes. Spurs need strech 4, when Bonner is gone

exstatic
03-31-2013, 10:32 AM
I`d rather thought that signing him makes no sense, when we have Duncan, Diaw, probably resigned Tiago and Baynes. Spurs need strech 4, when Bonner is gone

Diaw actually has an opt out this summer that he might use, and Tiago is no sure thing. We don't really "have" either of them yet.

Mal
03-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Diaw actually has an opt out this summer that he might use, and Tiago is no sure thing. We don't really "have" either of them yet.

And why would Diaw opt out ? And Tiago is still RFA and Spurs know that they need to pay him, big money.

exstatic
03-31-2013, 12:18 PM
And why would Diaw opt out ? And Tiago is still RFA and Spurs know that they need to pay him, big money.

I don't know why he'd opt out, but he has the option. I consider ALL scenarios when planning for FA shopping. I'm sure the Spurs do, too.

DesignatedT
06-29-2013, 01:52 PM
28. Tyler Hansbrough [R] (Power Forward, Indiana Pacers)

Will not start over David West in Indianapolis, but probably could start for a handful of NBA teams that like reckless abandon and a bruising power forward who gets under his opponent’s skin. Every NBA team knows the Pacers can’t afford to dole out max money to West, re-sign George to an extension when he is due, keep Hibbert, AND pay Hansbrough. What we may have here is an American version of Pekovic/Osik.

td4mvp2k
06-29-2013, 02:28 PM

baynes...

Chinook
06-29-2013, 02:32 PM
It would be a huge mistake to give max money to West. Regardless, I like Hansbrough as a third big, but seeing as the Spurs already have one in Diaw, they don't need him anymore. If Splitter leaves, maybe the team could revisit it, though.

Captivus
07-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Marc Stein: Pacers have agreed to rescind Tyler Hansbrough's qualifying offer, I'm told, which immediately makes him unrestricted free agent

This guy was making around $3M. The QO was $4.2M.
I would take a look at this guy.

The Stat: He is in the Top 5 in the League (per 36) in FTA, with FT% +70%, not bad, averagina almost 8 this season. Only Durant, Harden, D12 and Love (played 18 games) have more FTA than Tyler.
He is also almost averaging a double double.

I like him.

lmbebo
07-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Would be a good big, but no spot for him on this team without a change in personel.