PDA

View Full Version : Great offseason moves?

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:36 PM
First of all there is a team called Phoenix who has gotten better. The spurs just signed a 34 year old in Robert Horry who doesn't have much left. I also think that Parker's inconsistency will hurt them next year just like every year. They need to add a better backup point guard who can guard stronger point guards like James. I am not convinced that San Antonio can repeat with this same team. Bowen will also get older. Phoenix right now has taken the lead.

ducks
07-06-2005, 01:37 PM
The Offseason Is Not Done
Grade After It Is Done
Thank You!

ducks
07-06-2005, 01:38 PM
spurs alos just hired a shooting coach
to help the shooters!

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Parker will always be inconsistent. He is undersized at 6'1 and will get owned by Billups. San Antonio should've let Horry go and get a backup point guard which Beno isn't.

spurschick
07-06-2005, 01:41 PM
First of all there is a team called Phoenix who has gotten better. The spurs just signed a 34 year old in Robert Horry who doesn't have much left. I also think that Parker's inconsistency will hurt them next year just like every year. They need to add a better backup point guard who can guard stronger point guards like James. I am not convinced that San Antonio can repeat with this same team. Bowen will also get older. Phoenix right now has taken the lead.

Are you sure you're a Spurs fan? Talk about a downer.

ducks
07-06-2005, 01:41 PM
do the spurs play Billups most of the time?

Solid D
07-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Parker does have his winning moments. After all, he's got a little Anglo-Saxon in him. :hat

(an Olympics quote reference)

zeleni
Parker is more consistent, Big Three will get only better
Nazr and Rasho are a great competition
Beno is a wild and promising project
Horry, (Big Dog, Devin) just gettin better and better.

What more would we want? I personaly just that 2 of Spurs return with win from the European Championship. That would be a great boost of confidence...and I would be dreamin'!

So why are you so down?

TheTruth
Big Shot Bobby!!!

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:45 PM
He is still inconsistent offensively and it could hurt them next year. Billups with a improved Detroit team would beat San Antonio. They should've beaten them this year except for Rashweed.

ducks
07-06-2005, 01:45 PM
if spurs get sar they will not need tp's points as much!

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Are you sure you're a Spurs fan? Talk about a downer.

He does this crap on every thread. Talks about being a Spurs fan, then starts jumping ship. His opinions are humorous at most.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Um, the Spurs will be trading a TD at 70% for one at 100%. The Suns haven't topped that.

Try again.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:51 PM
SAR has no defense and is overrated. He has never done anything for any team. Portland was better with Darius Miles at small forward and Randolph at power forward or even Patterson.

1Parker1
07-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Parker will always be inconsistent. He is undersized at 6'1 and will get owned by Billups. San Antonio should've let Horry go and get a backup point guard which Beno isn't.

Dude, are you even a Spurs fan? First of all, how the hell does Phoenix have an edge on us? So what if they got Thomas and Bell....last time I checked they were simply good role players. Defense cannot be taught over the span of 3 months (or in the case of Nash...ever). We beat the Suns, who had hte best record in the NBA and MVP IN 5 EASY games. If that was the Suns at their best, I am hardly scared of them with Thomas and Bell additions.

Secondly, you don't think we should have spent the money on Horry? Are you crazy...did you not watch the Finals or soemthing? 6'8 PF with 6 championship rings, experience playing in the league for 12 years, and proven playoff performers don't come knockin easily. I don't care if he's 35...he's still got it and that's all that matters.

Parker is inconsistent and will ALWAYS get owned by Billups? Hmm...guess I missed it where Parker held Billups in check for the first half of Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Out of all the PG's in the league, the fact that the only one our 23 year old PG seems to have trouble with is Billups--a former Finals MVP, I can live with that.

:rolleyes

GoSpurs21
07-06-2005, 01:52 PM
He is still inconsistent offensively and it could hurt them next year. Billups with a improved Detroit team would beat San Antonio. They should've beaten them this year except for Rashweed.funny how you are already assuming pistons will be in the finals again. The pistons barely beat the Heat. If Wade doesnt get hurt pistons are done after 6 games. The pacers will be better as well with Artest coming back. Please try to show a little bit of intelligence before running around with your head cut off chicken little.

ducks
07-06-2005, 01:53 PM
No One Knows If Suns Have Improved Much
I Do Not Think They Will Be Better Next Year Then This Year
Joe Was A Big Piece To Miss Against The Spurs

Mixability

Horry doesn't need much left, I say bench him until playoff time comes around! :spin Parker can only get more consistent. He's not as consistent as I'd like him to be, but then again he's consistent enough to have 2 rings. Someone to guard stonger point guards? Hmmm, don't we have someone named Bowen? Come back when Phoenix learns defense.

Spursdaone
Um, the Spurs will be trading a TD at 70% for one at 100%. The Suns haven't topped that.

Try again.
I would say Duncan was 90%. He was 70% against a sorry Denver team with no perimeter shooting. He was 90% in the games that counted. Phoenix was worn down by Dallas in a grueling 7 game series and Detroit got Rashweed to leave Horry open for San Antonio to win that series.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I would say Duncan was 90%. He was 70% against a sorry Denver team with no perimeter shooting. He was 90% in the games that counted. Phoenix was worn down by Dallas in a grueling 7 game series and Detroit got Rashweed to leave Horry open for San Antonio to win that series.

Worn down from their Run-n-Gun offense. It's their own fault. It was said from the beginning of the year, DEFENSE wins championships.

TheTruth
07-06-2005, 01:57 PM
can't argue with what the Suns have done. They have made themselves much better, but they aren't better than the Spurs by a longshot.

TwoHandJam
07-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Spurs 4, Phoenix 1 with 3 games won in Phoenix. Yeah, Thomas and Bell should put them over the top seeing as it was a really close series. :rolleyes.

Oh, and according to you, we should trade Horry of all people to secure a backup pg instead of, say, Rasho?

You may think your points are nuggets of wisdom but don't be fooled. They're nuggets alright, but they're definitely composed of another substance.

constantstate
07-06-2005, 01:59 PM
phoenix and dallas in a grueling 7 game series :lol

cmc$purs
07-06-2005, 02:04 PM
you sound like a bitter suns fan :depressed :baby

do us all a favor and change your name to sunsgotnone

until then :stfu :idiot

3 rings in 7 i trust SPURS front office to take care of bizness

GO SPURS GO

Mixability
07-06-2005, 02:05 PM
can't argue with what the Suns have done. They have made themselves much better, but they aren't better than the Spurs by a longshot.

And they won't be better until Marion can stop being Bowened.

Banks91
07-06-2005, 02:05 PM
they didnt play 7 games,they played 6 and considering there were alot of blowouts, i dont consider that series gruelling

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 02:08 PM
phoenix and dallas in a grueling 7 game series :lol
Phoenix had 1 and a half days to prepare for game 1 so it was like a 7 game series.

constantstate
07-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Phoenix had 1 and a half days to prepare for game 1 so it was like a 7 game series.
this thread is as stupid as 2 stupid threads... it feels like 4.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 02:13 PM
The only thing stupid about this thread is that is the truth.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 02:15 PM
The only thing stupid about this thread is that is the truth.

The only thing that makes this thread so stupid is that you're in it.

Banks91
07-06-2005, 02:28 PM
hey spursdaone, wats more gruelling, 2 days off between series, or spraining ur ankle in the 4th quarter of close out game and playing 4 days later
against a team u kno is gonna force u to run

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Phoenix didn't have the depth to allow them to play every other day but some idiot decided to start the series right after game 6 for the suns. Talk about bad scheduling. Duncan hardly sprained his ankle in that game and actually finished it so he was just fine. Nash was playing huge 45+ minutes per game and that was the problem.

Banks91
07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
but the thing is , the suns knew this goin into the seasons and playoffs, so thats not really much of an excuse

Kori Ellis
Spursdaone is the worst troll that we've ever had on the forum. Some trolls are funny. Some are just pulling your chain. But I don't know what the point is for pretending to be a Spurs fan. Just be the bandwagon jackass fan to whatever team you really are.

Do you need me to change your user name?

ducks
Phoenix didn't have the depth to allow them to play every other day but some idiot decided to start the series right after game 6 for the suns.

SO IT IS THE NBA'S FAULT THE SUNS HAD NO DEBTH?

Banks91
07-06-2005, 02:35 PM
also, cmon, u can use the tired excuse if u barely lost a game or a series, but considerin how easy of a series it turned out to be, u cannot actually believe tiredness is why they lost

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm a spurs fan but don't agree with the opinions of some of the other people on this forum. I don't care if they disagree with me. I enjoy it.

Dex
07-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Spursdaone is the worst troll that we've ever had on the forum. Some trolls are funny. Some are just pulling your chain. But I don't know what the point is for pretending to be a Spurs fan. Just be the bandwagon jackass fan to whatever team you really are.

Just make his name Bandwagon Jackass and give him Sequ's title, because all this guy does is start sheyitt.

Kori Ellis
07-06-2005, 02:38 PM
You aren't a Spurs fan. And of course people are going to disagree with you. You have the worst takes of all time.

Let me remind you of the worst thread in the history of Spurs message boards.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20511

Banks91
07-06-2005, 02:39 PM
loool this guy actually proposed bruce bowen for mike james
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooool
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooool
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ol

thats unreal

Banks91
Y not go trade duncan for pau gasol too
might as well give manu to the rockets jon barry

Dex
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Throw in Parker for a can of beans, and we can skip straight into signing the Spurs up for the WNBA.

I can't believe I actually spent the time to debate Horry's worth with this nut.

Credibility lost.

And even that's a stretch. That implies that it was actually there at one point.

spurschick
07-06-2005, 02:40 PM
You aren't a Spurs fan. And of course people are going to disagree with you. You have the worst takes of all time.

:lol
:owned

CalsonicKansei
07-06-2005, 02:42 PM

Are you using this reverse psychology stuff?, because if you arent you should consider changing your favorite team or something. and what are you talking about james? Snow is the cleveland point guard on the EAST coast. What he needs to focus on is guarding Nash. James playes SG. Oh and fuck Mike James

Willinsa

Last time I checked the calendar it is July 6 and the team is not yet set dumbass. So you are a Spurs fan? I bet after game 6 of the finals you probably jumped off the bandwagon. Fans like you suck ass, just leave and die please.

Spursdaone
When did Bowen become this unbelievable player. His prime is past him and I when he loses a step he will be average on defense and be useless. D. Brown would be a better choice. James will give you that needed boost of scoring off the bench like Bobby Jackson.

picnroll
07-06-2005, 02:44 PM
You've convinced me Spursdaone. I have an idea, why don't you pick another team that doesn't suck as bad as the Spurs and follow them. Here's (http://www.bleachermob.com/madness.html) a list of message boards to choose from.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Phoenix didn't have the depth to allow them to play every other day but some idiot decided to start the series right after game 6 for the suns. Talk about bad scheduling. Duncan hardly sprained his ankle in that game and actually finished it so he was just fine. Nash was playing huge 45+ minutes per game and that was the problem.

Just fine?!?! It was in the heat of the moment, with the Seattle fans cheering that he got up off the floor and took over the game. Hardly sprained it? You've obviously never played basketball other than on your Playstation.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Are you using this reverse psychology stuff?, because if you arent you should consider changing your favorite team or something. and what are you talking about james? Snow is the cleveland point guard on the EAST coast. What he needs to focus on is guarding Nash. James playes SG.
M. James is a combo guard who can backup Parker and Ginobili. He would fit perfectly off the bench and play 24-30 minutes. You thought I was talking about Cleveland. :lol

Dex
07-06-2005, 02:46 PM
When did Bowen become this unbelievable player. His prime is past him and I when he loses a step he will be average on defense and be useless. D. Brown would be a better choice. James will give you that needed boost of scoring off the bench like Bobby Jackson.

Yeah, because the Kings have been doing SO well with BJax lately :rolleyes

Bowen is a cornerstone of this Spurs team, and was completely invaluable to us throughout the playoffs. He shut down the main offensive threat on every team we faced.

If you can't see Bruce Bowen's worth, then I'm sorry...you just don't know basketball.

Period.

Banks91
bowen isnt an unbelievable player, but wouldnt it be smarter to wait till bowen cant

guard people before thinkin of trading him. Also, i think bowen has reached the point

where he deserves to retire a spur. Duncan is already there, so is manu

Mixability

You said it yourself... WHEN Bowen loses a step. He hasn't yet dumbass.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 02:48 PM
You said it yourself... WHEN Bowen loses a step. He hasn't yet dumbass.
He showed signs during the season of a little slippage. He will have even a bigger slippage this next season.

Dex
07-06-2005, 02:48 PM
He showed signs during the season of a little slippage. He will have even a bigger slippage this next season.

He hasn't missed a single game in three seasons. He hardly even gets winded on the court.

He shut down Anthony, Allen, Marion, and Hamilton in four respective playoff series. He changed the face of our postseason.

He defends the best offensive player on the opposing team night-in and night-out, and generally holds them to under 60 percent of their regular scoring average.

AND he hit a clutch, fourth-quarter, Finals Game 7 three-pointer.

But yeah, Bowen's getting old, alright. :rolleyes

Just stop trying, man. Your hole is only getting deeper.

Banks91
07-06-2005, 02:52 PM
nah he aint goin stop, cuz this guy loves controversy, im pretty sure he himself

doesnt believe half of what he writes.

Solid D

Change just one letter, Kori. Switch out an r for the a.

Spursdrone

Websters Dictionary definitions apply.

drone2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (drn)
v. droned, dron·ing, drones
v. intr.
1. To make a continuous low dull humming sound: “Somewhere an electric fan droned without end” (William Styron).
To speak in a monotonous tone: The lecturer droned on for hours.
To pass or act in a monotonous way.

drone1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (drn)
n.
A male bee, especially a honeybee, that is characteristically stingless, performs no work, and produces no honey. Its only function is to mate with the queen bee.
An idle person who lives off others; a loafer.
A person who does tedious or menial work; a drudge: “undervalued drones who labored in obscurity” (Caroline Bates).
A pilotless aircraft operated by remote control.

Mixability
by using Spursdaone's GM methods, lets trade Duncan for the Bogut guy, cause Duncan's old. Trade Manu for some highschool sophmore phenom, cause you gotta think about the future! And how do you think we replace Parker with either his 21 year old brother or hell! lets get his youngest brother Pierre, he plays ball too! The Spurs would be the youngest in the league! Not the best, but at least the youngest!

Mixability
07-06-2005, 02:54 PM

The only slippage that occured in Bowen's vicinity was that of the guy he was guarding. Examples: Hamilton, Marion, Allen, Carmelo.....

Dex
07-06-2005, 02:56 PM
by using Spursdaone's GM methods, lets trade Duncan for the Bogut guy, cause Duncan's old. Trade Manu for some highschool sophmore phenom, cause you gotta think about the future! And how do you think we replace Parker with either his 21 year old brother or hell! lets get his youngest brother Pierre, he plays ball too! The Spurs would be the youngest in the league! Not the best, but at least the youngest!

Then we could fire Pop, and let spursdaone be the coach, since he obviously knows everything about basketball.

</sarcasm>

Banks91
07-06-2005, 02:56 PM
man forget single player tradin, spursdaone wants to get young, lets trade in the

entire spurs roster for any random varsity high school squad in the states

Dex
07-06-2005, 02:58 PM
http://www.neche.k12.nd.us/sports%20pics/elementaryBBB.04.jpg

The future of the Spurs team :lmao

Mixability
07-06-2005, 02:59 PM
man forget single player tradin, spursdaone wants to get young, lets trade in the

entire spurs roster for any random varsity high school squad in the states

Forget highschool, theres a preschool down the block who has a 4 year old who can dominate the paint......finger paint, but still!

Mixability
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Then we could fire Pop, and let spursdaone be the coach, since he obviously knows everything about basketball.

</sarcasm>

Coach Spursdaone!!!!! Go Spursdaone Go!

CalsonicKansei
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I bet he would if he could, or he would fit in with the Minnesota front office.

Hey Kori, could you change my Username?

Banks91
07-06-2005, 03:01 PM
looooooool

Banks91
07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
hey spursdaone, uve been here fora while now, but havent posted anything for the last little bit

have u run out crap to post???

Solid D
07-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Change just one letter, Kori. Switch out an r for the a.

Spursdrone

Websters Dictionary definitions apply.

drone2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (drn)
v. droned, dron·ing, drones
v. intr.
1. To make a continuous low dull humming sound: “Somewhere an electric fan droned without end” (William Styron).
To speak in a monotonous tone: The lecturer droned on for hours.
To pass or act in a monotonous way.

drone1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (drn)
n.
A male bee, especially a honeybee, that is characteristically stingless, performs no work, and produces no honey. Its only function is to mate with the queen bee.
An idle person who lives off others; a loafer.
A person who does tedious or menial work; a drudge: “undervalued drones who labored in obscurity” (Caroline Bates).
A pilotless aircraft operated by remote control.

Spursdrone - what's all the buzz?

Kori Ellis
07-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Hey Kori, could you change my Username?

Send a private message to timvp and he'll do it for you.

picnroll
07-06-2005, 03:06 PM
While you're at it could you change Spursdrone's Team to Anyone but Spurs

Mixability
07-06-2005, 03:07 PM
see what we did? we made spursdrone mad and now its boring without his idiotic ramblings.......

Horry For 3!
07-06-2005, 03:10 PM
This guy is always dissin on the Spurs, I doubt he is a real Spurs fan.

pache100
07-06-2005, 03:15 PM

I can't take anyone who would say something like that seriously. It takes more than calling yourself one to be a real Spurs fan.

Clue: Detroit is NOT the only team the Spurs will play next year. They will have to get to the finals just as we will, and we will both have to go through a lot of teams to get there.

SenorSpur
07-06-2005, 04:20 PM

How the fuck do you figure Phoenix has taken the lead? By signing Kurt Thomas and Raja Bell? We could take our exact same team and play these guys tomorrow and "kick their asses".

Until the Suns organization "get a clue" and realize that you cannot "race your way" to a championship and that playoff basketball is a tough, mentally-challenging brand of basketball that requires you to actually play defense, they're just pretenders.

thekingrobert
07-06-2005, 04:32 PM
most ppl mainly bandwagon spuirs fans forget how parker had to play extended minutees and did a great job on billups, cause besides billups cant guard parker either it was pistons bigs that slowed parker and pls dont forget billups was drafted by the celts and wasnt a good player for years parker is battle tested and only can get better dumbass'

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 04:40 PM
The biggest weakness with Phoenix was depth and now they have taken care of that they will be that much scarier. San Antonio will need more.

picnroll
07-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Okay lets play Suns are the ones Spursdaone.

Right now they have:
Stoudamire
Nash
Marion
Thomas
Voskhul (Laughing hysterically)
Barbosa ( who is proving to be a worthless backup PG after three years)
Bell (in all likelihood but at the cost of their MLE)

They still have to sign:
Johnson ( who unless he's a fool will take them for a max salary)
Jackson (who might get their LLE)
Hunter (who they'll undoubtedly lose)

So now you have a big rotation of Stoudamire, Thomas, Marion and Voshkul (puke)
and a small roatation of Nash, Johnson, Bell, maybe Jackson and Barbosa (puke)

Better hope nobody stubs a toe.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Suns lineup
C Thomas/Stoudemire
PF Stoudemire/Marion
SF Marion/J. Jackson
SG Johnson/Bell
PG Nash/Barbosa/Johnson
It works perfectly.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Suns lineup
C Thomas/Stoudemire
PF Stoudemire/Marion
SF Marion/J. Jackson
SG Johnson/Bell
PG Nash/Barbosa/Johnson
It works perfectly.

Yeah perfectly....in the Spurs favor

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Stoudemire doesn't have to guard Duncan since Thomas is the center. I would predict the suns win 65 games and beat the spurs in a long 7 game series in the western conference finals unless San Antonio does something big this offseason.

SequSpur
07-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Kurt Thomas blows.

Spurs will sweep the Suns.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Kurt Thomas blows.

Spurs will sweep the Suns.
:lmao

SequSpur
07-06-2005, 05:50 PM
:lmao You only wish he sucked.

Thomas can't hold Duncan's jock strap, neither can Amare.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 05:52 PM
He is no Rasheed but he does a decent job. The suns will be running for 48 minutes now due to their team getting deep.

SequSpur
07-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Bullshit. You keep on wacking off to the Phoenix lineup. Nash is not going to have a good year again. That was a fluke.

Phoenix is through.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Bowen is 3 years older than Nash. Nash will be just fine if we are going by players can last till they are 40. The suns will be the favorite next year. SAR might be the answer but what was the question? :lol The suns were up almost every game until they wore out but now they are deep and that should scare some us spurs fans.

SequSpur
07-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Bowen is 3 years older than Nash. Nash will be just fine if we are going by players can last till they are 40. The suns will be the favorite next year. SAR might be the answer but what was the question? :lol The suns were up almost every game until they wore out but now they are deep and that should scare some us spurs fans.

Bowen doesn't play offense.

The Spurs should've swept the Suns if it wasn't for the late night Peter Piper's Party.

In fact, the Suns barely competed.

I predict an after effect next season and the Suns will end up in the 6th or 7th seed.

Book it.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Bowen doesn't play offense.

The Spurs should've swept the Suns if it wasn't for the late night Peter Piper's Party.

In fact, the Suns barely competed.

I predict an after effect next season and the Suns will end up in the 6th or 7th seed.

Book it.
Bowen doesn't play offense? What does that mean? The suns were in every game but wore out in the end. The suns have way too much up and coming talent to have an after effect.

Hook Dem
07-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Bowen doesn't play offense? What does that mean? The suns were in every game but wore out in the end. The suns have way too much up and coming talent to have an after effect.
Dream on loser!

Dex
07-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Trust me, Sequ. You're wasting your breath with this troll.

Some people just don't subscribe to logic.

ambchang
07-06-2005, 07:30 PM

Should we trade Duncan for Garnett? You would love that trade, won't you?
And how has Phoenix, in the panic for some defense with total disregard for fits, improved their team with an undersized PF in Kurt Thomas?

rascal
07-06-2005, 08:48 PM
He is still inconsistent offensively and it could hurt them next year. Billups with a improved Detroit team would beat San Antonio. They should've beaten them this year except for Rashweed.

Good thread. I agree with everything Spursdaone has brought up. The spurs need to add a younger player who can help them next year not lock up guys who will quickly be on the downslide. I also would not have resigned Horry. The spurs can't just bring back the same team and expect to win it all again.

Sii
07-06-2005, 08:49 PM
this guy is the worst troll I have seen here. Someone needs to just ax this guy. Its not even funny. The only loser that would prob agree with his is Rascal. Maybe they are one in the same

Sii
07-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Good thread. I agree with everything Spursdaone has brought up.

ha ha...we knew you would. Rascal agreeing with a pathetic troll. Let Horry walk? your clueless

Leetonidas
07-06-2005, 08:54 PM
This guy is an idiot, seriously. Phoenix still sucks, they will never get a ring. Amare is the only bright spot for that team, and Nash is aging. Marion gets owned by Bruce, Tony destroies Nashy, Manu owns Joe Johnson and Tim plows through everyone. Get over it, Tim Duncan was 70% in these playoffs, and after a full offseason and with the additions of Scola and whoever we trade Rasho for (assuming we do), the Spurs will repeat.

Leetonidas
07-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Good thread. I agree with everything Spursdaone has brought up. The spurs need to add a younger player who can help them next year not lock up guys who will quickly be on the downslide. I also would not have resigned Horry. The spurs can't just bring back the same team and expect to win it all again.

Worked for the Lakers for 3 years.

TheTruth
07-06-2005, 09:12 PM
I don't think the Suns will be the favs, but the Spurs definately don't need to stand pat.

E20
07-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Spursdaone you're moron. You are complete trash when it comes to basketball knowledge.

Bruce < Mike Jones...WTF
Tim is a garbage player...........WTF
Tony Parker is too young.........WTF
Robert Horry is too old.........WTF
Manu is too white..........WTF

What basically comes out of your mouth is;

I don't know why the Spurs didn't have the worst league in the NBA with the record 0-82? Why is this?

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Wow. I didn't know I would be so popular but the fact is the spurs can't dominate forever. This is the suns coming out party. Duncan's injuries are not a good thing and seem to happen more frequent. I hope the spurs can pull it off but you can't take this team lightly. SAR will be needed as a backup.

rascal
07-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Horry will soon be worthless. Its better to move a player right before he hits the downslide and thats now for Horry. Three years will be too much. Its not like there are no other nba players who could hit clutch shots in a final series. Don't think back to this year and expect Horry to always be able to deliver for the next 3 years.

He is an overall average role player who has had some big moments in the finals.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2005, 09:19 PM
ts not like there are no other nba players who could hit clutch shots in a final series.Which ones?
Don't think back to this year and expect Horry to always be able to deliver for the next 3 years.I don't. The third isn't guaranted.

rascal
07-06-2005, 09:21 PM
I don't think the Suns will be the favs, but the Spurs definately don't need to stand pat.

Agree. the worst thing the spurs can do is come back with the same exact team and expect it to be enough. Don't get complacent. Always try to improve.

Other teams can and will improve.

tophy7
07-06-2005, 09:34 PM
What major moves did lakers do during their 3peat? hell what did bulls do during their 2 3peats?

leemajors
07-06-2005, 10:35 PM
suns lost a quality starter in richardson. they will not score as many points per game without him - this guy made 226 3 point fgs during the season for chrissakes 49 more than joe johnson, who was second on the team in 3 point makes- i know he choked in the playoffs, but he still gave them quality minutes and a shit ton of 3 point fgs that led to them getting hca. thomas will slow the suns down, and i would be shocked if he played center for them. amare is taller, and creates too many mismatches for opposing centers.

leemajors
07-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Stoudemire doesn't have to guard Duncan since Thomas is the center. I would predict the suns win 65 games and beat the spurs in a long 7 game series in the western conference finals unless San Antonio does something big this offseason.

??? stoudemire didn't guard duncan the whole western conference finals, except for one play, the nice block...

midgetonadonkey
07-06-2005, 10:50 PM
The Suns didn't get any deeper by adding an injury prone Thomas and a mediocre Bell. Nash will still have to play 40+ minutes a game to keep them in games. If anybody will lose a step next season it will be Nash, not Bowen. Bowen doesn't do the running around that Nash does. And he isn't as vital to the team as Nash. Do you honestly think that Bell can keep the team together the way Nash does? Don't even mention Barbosa as a suitable backup, the kid is a joke. They are still as deep as a fucking puddle and will not go as far as they did this season.

Mixability
07-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Wow. I didn't know I would be so popular but the fact is the spurs can't dominate forever. This is the suns coming out party. Duncan's injuries are not a good thing and seem to happen more frequent. I hope the spurs can pull it off but you can't take this team lightly. SAR will be needed as a backup.

Yeah you're popular, but for wrong reasons. You're a complete joke. Last season was the Suns coming out party remember? They had the best record with home court advantage and practically got swept. And now with Thomas, they're supposed to demolish the Spurs? Get F-ing real!!

Pick ONE f-ing team, either your precious T-Pups are gonna take it all or your Suns are the team to beat. Do I have to reiterate that I hate your persistent flip-flopping?

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 01:29 PM
The suns picking up Joe Johnson would be bad news for San Antonio. If they don't pick him up I'll give San Antonio the slight advantage. The suns could still get someone else like Dalembert or Chandler.

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Horry will soon be worthless. Its better to move a player right before he hits the downslide and thats now for Horry. Three years will be too much. Its not like there are no other nba players who could hit clutch shots in a final series. Don't think back to this year and expect Horry to always be able to deliver for the next 3 years.

He is an overall average role player who has had some big moments in the finals.

Then Ginobili can be that clutch guy. Spurs have the MLE, the almighty Scola and Rasho as trade bait in order to help them find Horry's eventually replacement as the primary backup big this summer.

I'm not too worried.

td4mvp21
07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Stoudemire doesn't have to guard Duncan since Thomas is the center.

Thomas guarding Duncan? That should make Tim happy, considering it adds depth to his "I Own You" List.

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Duncan isn't as great as he was in 99 and I doubt he will ever get to that level again. Thomas is a decent defender who is a big time improvement over Marion. Hunter took away their great offensive attack when he was in so big move by Phoenix.

Mixability
07-08-2005, 02:04 PM
The suns picking up Joe Johnson would be bad news for San Antonio. If they don't pick him up I'll give San Antonio the slight advantage. The suns could still get someone else like Dalembert or Chandler.

SA would have a slight advantage? Kinda like that 4-1 advantage they had in the WCF? :shootme

Mixability
07-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Duncan isn't as great as he was in 99 and I doubt he will ever get to that level again. Thomas is a decent defender who is a big time improvement over Marion. Hunter took away their great offensive attack when he was in so big move by Phoenix.

TD was going downhill after 2 years in the league?!?! Now I know you're a complete idiot. Going by your formula, then KG is way past him prime also!

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 02:05 PM
SA would have a slight advantage? Kinda like that 4-1 advantage they had in the WCF? :shootme
No one wants to admit but Joe Johnson being out was the difference in the series. Suns in 7 with him healthy. He was on fire before he went out.

td4mvp21
07-08-2005, 02:06 PM

He's been injured the past two seasons how will you know until he's healthy? He had an awesome start to the 2003-2004 season, but then he hurt his knee. This year, he was injured all year, and the Spurs STILL won. He's finally getting rest, as well as Ginobili, so our team will most likely be healthy next season, assuming no more major injuries. A healthy Spurs team-now that's scary. If we had a good playoff record with an injured superstar, imagine what we'll do if he's 100%.

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2005, 02:07 PM

What?

http://www.sonnyradio.com/Spurs-24.jpg

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Lets face it. Duncan isn't getting any younger. He hit his prime early at 25 and has declined slightly each year since. He was much quicker back in 99.

picnroll
07-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Spurdaone care to lay a little wager on who Las Vegas has as the favorites the day before the season starts? I'll spot you that you can back out if the Suns don't sign Johnson.

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 02:15 PM
The suns will beat San Antonio in a tight series if they keep their team together and stay healthy. There are things that could take them out like the best team doesn't always win. For example Detroit should've won.

Marcus Bryant
Lets face it. Duncan isn't getting any younger. He hit his prime early at 25 and has declined slightly each year since. He was much quicker back in 99.

You are one dumb motherfucker.

Mixability
No one wants to admit but Joe Johnson being out was the difference in the series. Suns in 7 with him healthy. He was on fire before he went out.

I guess if it went 7 games with the Spurs on top 4-3, you're the kind of guy that would say, "Cmon, best of 9" Idiot!

Mixability
07-08-2005, 02:16 PM
You are one dumb motherfucker.

DITTO

Mixability
07-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Spursdaone, please change your Team to: whoever plays the Spurs

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 02:18 PM
You know you lost the argument when you start with name calling.

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2005, 02:19 PM
You lost the argument when you hit http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/buttons/newthread.gif.

picnroll
07-08-2005, 02:21 PM
The suns will beat San Antonio in a tight series if they keep their team together and stay healthy. There are things that could take them out like the best team doesn't always win. For example Detroit should've won.
You sure are one disingenuous fuck. Time to ignore.

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 02:21 PM
You know you have no life if you post a million post. I'm impressed.

Mixability
07-08-2005, 02:22 PM
You lost the argument when you hit http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/buttons/newthread.gif.

Damn!

:rollin

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Make that 1,003,589 posts.

:)

Mixability
07-08-2005, 02:23 PM
You know you have no life if you post a million post. I'm impressed.

You know you're a dumbass when you have poor grammar...

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-08-2005, 02:24 PM
This thread further confirms the fact that Spursdaone is an idiot.

Mixability
07-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Make that 1,003,589 posts.

:)

Remember Spursdaone isn't good with numbers,
he said 1 olympic medal > 3 championship rings :rolleyes

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm sorry. I type better than most spurs fans on here but I will try for perfection. I guess I need to do a million post than I could get there.

Mixability
07-08-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry. I type better than most spurs fans on here but I will try for perfection. I guess I need to do a million post than I could get there.

"I need to do a million posts" I doubt that after a million posts, you will gain any intelligence, Idiot

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Well I could learn from your grammar to be perfect. That is how I learn by doing more posts. Man I'm tired of being right.

Mixability
07-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Well I could learn from your grammar to be perfect. That is how I learn by doing more posts. Man I'm tired of being right.

I have no idea what this is even supposed to mean.... I give up. It would be great ignore your posts, Who's with me? Then again, I need a good laugh from time to time.

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 02:35 PM
I think you would be bored to death with nothing going on in the offseason. I would love to see you try though.

Mixability
07-08-2005, 02:37 PM
I think you would be bored to death with nothing going on in the offseason. I would love to see you try though.

Damn, it's so-called Spurs fans like you that make me miss T Park! :spin

Mixability
07-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I'd rather have an offseason that starts in the middle of June, not like your boy KG, who's been fishing for a couple months now!

Spursdaone
07-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Lebron James must not be that good either since his team didn't make the playoffs. Minnesota and Cleveland have no talent or chemistry. I guess that doesn't matter though. Right.

polandprzem
07-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Give a break

nkdlunch
07-08-2005, 02:50 PM
This thread further confirms the fact that Spursdaone is an idiot.

Today especially. I think he found the key to his mom's liquor cabinet.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 03:47 AM
Today especially. I think he found the key to his mom's liquor cabinet.
Being honest is something bad huh. Most people on here are afraid to say what they think are the best in the nba. Shaq is definetely on the top. Shaq has lost some of that greatness but Garnett still has it. He does everything for Minnesota. :drunk

tophy7
07-09-2005, 04:00 AM
Spursdaone Total Posts: 625 (43.72 posts per day)

Step away from the keyboard :lol

Timoha
07-09-2005, 04:21 AM
I'm am so tired of every freaking thread turning into a Duncan vs. KG thread when most people now compare Tim to GOAT players and not KG who didn't even make the playoffs this year .

BruceBowenFan
07-09-2005, 09:32 AM
http://www.neche.k12.nd.us/sports%20pics/elementaryBBB.04.jpg

The future of the Spurs team :lmao
lol

my2sons
07-09-2005, 10:54 AM
well as long as phoenix sticks to the old ABA style of basketball i am not worried, because the better defensive team will win and they just got a little slower w/their center who hasn't won in how many years.....spurs add scola have players developing overseas have a championship team in tact and are looking to possible add a player here and there. ya you're right spurs are done....in about six to eight years

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 10:58 AM
If Phoenix gets Joe Johnson and Miami gets Daniels or SAR there is very little chance of the spurs repeating.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Why do you exist?

my2sons
07-09-2005, 05:51 PM
i'll take the spurs very little chance over an overworked aging point guard who's team has significant drop off when he is lying flat on his back resting for the 30 seconds he is allowed to rest per game over the suns chances of going anywhere in the playoffs. substance over style and posturing in your face basketball. go shed them tears like la did a couple of years ago and as far as shaq and miami is concerned, he is another year older fatter and slower...he'll get his 20million per year to tell us how 40% shaq is still better than most centers, just not good enough to win it all...

Dex
07-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Don't you get sick of being wrong, spursdaone? Or is this how you get your kicks?

:shootme

Seems a little masochistic to me.

polandprzem
07-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Spursdaone=wolves009 or sickdsm
same thought on wolvies

E20
07-09-2005, 07:17 PM
WTF make changes, when you're set to win more championships?

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 08:21 PM
If Phoenix gets Joe Johnson and Miami gets Daniels or SAR there is very little chance of the spurs repeating.

Looks like SAR will go to the Nets. Daniels won't make a big difference to Miami. Their front like is old, with the exception of Haslem. Shaq, Mourning, and Christian Laettner, no way they win a ring with them. Their best shot was this year but Shaq had to slack off the first few rounds of the playoffs. His injury couldn't have been as bad as they said. He's just lazy.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Looks like SAR will go to the Nets. Daniels won't make a big difference to Miami. Their front like is old, with the exception of Haslem. Shaq, Mourning, and Christian Laettner, no way they win a ring with them. Their best shot was this year but Shaq had to slack off the first few rounds of the playoffs. His injury couldn't have been as bad as they said. He's just lazy.
Wade will be the next Michael Jordan in my opinion. He will average over 30 points and shooting 50% from the field while Shaq couldn't play much worse than he did against Detroit. I predict Miami to be the favorite in the east and with Daniels to win it all.

Sense
07-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Wade will be the next Michael Jordan in my opinion. He will average over 30 points and shooting 50% from the field while Shaq couldn't play much worse than he did against Detroit. I predict Miami to be the favorite in the east and with Daniels to win it all.

Rofleswofflesmaffles.

my2sons
07-09-2005, 08:52 PM
antonio daniels a shoot first guard who will take shots away from snack and wade...now there's team chemistry at its best...

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 08:54 PM
He doesn't turn it over and he is a good defender. I predict Wade will be unstoppable next year and is better than Lebron James. Wade has it all.

my2sons
07-09-2005, 08:59 PM
i don't disagree about wade, just don't agree that antonio daniels is the answer that will put that team over the top...we let him go for a reason, he did not start in seatle and only became a decent player in a contract year, now how many times have we heard that....i hope the heat do pay him, cuz he ain't the answer...

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Daniels is much better now. Nash didn't get good until Dallas and Daniels is becoming the same way.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Daniels is much better now. Nash didn't get good until Dallas and Daniels is becoming the same way.

Nash and Daniels are a year apart. For guards, that is old. Daniels will never be anything more than a backup PG. In no way should he be compared to Nash. Daniels will not put Miami over the top. I think DWade is a good player, but the next Jordan, come on. How many times have we heard that? JR Rider, Harold Miner, Grant Hill, Latrell Spreewell....the "next Jordan" phrase has been thrown around way too much to hold any weight. When DWade wins his third title, we can start the comparison. Until then, he is just another good young player.

tophy7
07-09-2005, 10:26 PM

Daniels is becoming nash now :lol
I've heard it all now

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 10:27 PM
I would say he is the best athlete in the nba. If he learns to consistently hit the mid range shot he would be unstoppable. Unstoppable means Jordan in my opinion. Kobe wasn't quite unstoppable but Wade will be better than Kobe if not yet.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I would say he is the best athlete in the nba. If he learns to consistently hit the mid range shot he would be unstoppable. Unstoppable means Jordan in my opinion. Kobe wasn't quite unstoppable but Wade will be better than Kobe if not yet.

So just as long as you can hit a mid range shot and be "unstoppable" on offense, that equals Jordan to you? The thing that made Jordan what he is are the 6 rings he has on his fingers. Nothing else. Had he never won a championship, he would be just another good player with nothing to show. Like Iverson, GARNETT, Barkley, Malone, Stockton, etc. Like I said, you can't compare the two until Wade has one at least one. When, and if, he wins one, we can compare.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Wade goes by everyone so it forces the other team to back off on him to hit the mid range shot. If he continuously hits it he will be unstoppable.

Sense
07-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Wade goes by everyone so it forces the other team to back off on him to hit the mid range shot. If he continuously hits it he will be unstoppable.

What are you talking about? :lol

Dex
07-09-2005, 10:51 PM
I think he just pulls bad ideas out of a hat and puts them on the internet. :lmao

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 10:51 PM

How does hitting a mid range shot equal 6 rings? Don't tell me you took KG's cock out of your mouth and replaced it with DWades.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm talking about how easy Wade gets past players off the dribble which forces them to give him some room. Wade is great and gets better by the day.

Sense
07-09-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm talking about how easy Wade gets past players off the dribble which forces them to give him some room. Wade is great and gets better by the day.

If that's the case, please don't talk.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 10:58 PM
How does hitting a mid range shot equal 6 rings? Don't tell me you took KG's cock out of your mouth and replaced it with DWades.
Wade has only played 2 years and there is a dramatic improvement from year 1 to year 2. I can't see him slowing down a bit and might be the best player next year. He already proved he could lead the team by himself. With him and a healthy Shaq that team is almost impossible to beat.

tophy7
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
With him and a healthy Shaq that team is almost impossible to beat.

So Shaq at 34 can get healthy but Duncan at 30 can't? Ok "Spurs fan"

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Wade has only played 2 years and there is a dramatic improvement from year 1 to year 2. I can't see him slowing down a bit and might be the best player next year. He already proved he could lead the team by himself. With him and a healthy Shaq that team is almost impossible to beat.

I thought a team consisted of 12 players, not 2. Shaq will never be healthy as long as he is making 15 million a year. He is a lazy bastard that is satisfied with the 3 rings he has. He will never be as dominate as he was 5 years ago when he didn't have a ring. He is way past his prime and will never be able to put up the numbers he did before.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Shaq won't need to carry the team because Wade owns all. No one matches up to him that I recall. Shaq will at least play the same as in the Detroit series but that is all that is needed because Wade will be much better next year. He is clearly the best player on Miami now.

exstatic
There will never again be "a healthy Shaq". As Wade's game improves, his game and health will continue to slide in a downward spiral. Miami will be a dangerous team, but little men only dominate the regular season, not the playoffs. Just ask AI, the prototypical little man of the last 15 years. For all of his excellence, he has exactly one trip to the Finals, and no wins, and he's a lot tougher than Wade is.

tophy7
So Shaq at 34 can get healthy but Duncan at 30 can't? Ok "Spurs fan"

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Shaq won't need to carry the team because Wade owns all. No one matches up to him that I recall. Shaq will at least play the same as in the Detroit series but that is all that is needed because Wade will be much better next year. He is clearly the best player on Miami now.

Okay so they have one "great" player and one good player on the decline. What else does Miami have? Eddie Jones? Damon Jones? Christian Laettner? Zo? They are as deep as the two player you keep mentioning That is it. They won't get past the 2nd round next season.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 11:09 PM
There will never again be "a healthy Shaq". As Wade's game improves, his game and health will continue to slide in a downward spiral. Miami will be a dangerous team, but little men only dominate the regular season, not the playoffs. Just ask AI, the prototypical little man of the last 15 years. For all of his excellence, he has exactly one trip to the Finals, and no wins, and he's a lot tougher than Wade is.
You are an idiot. Iverson is weak. He can't take the punishment that Wade can. He finishes like a big man at the basket. Iverson flys everywhere but rarely the ball goes in. Iverson sucks.

tophy7
07-09-2005, 11:11 PM
From another thread

How about Iverson for Parker?

:lol Make up your mind

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 11:12 PM
I was joking about that trade but they both are inconsistent. Wade is much better than both of them.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 11:12 PM
You are an idiot. Iverson is weak. He can't take the punishment that Wade can. He finishes like a big man at the basket. Iverson flys everywhere but rarely the ball goes in. Iverson sucks.

Did you even watch the NBA 5 years ago? Iverson in his second year was way better than Wade this past year. Iverson used to finish all of his crazy ass drives in his earlier years, but his age got to him. Wade isn't shit compared to Iverson of the past. Nowhere close. And you call yourself an NBA fan. The fact that you don't remember Iverson from 2000-2001 proves that you are just some 13 year old that gets on the boards to piss people off.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Did you even watch the NBA 5 years ago? Iverson in his second year was way better than Wade this past year. Iverson used to finish all of his crazy ass drives in his earlier years, but his age got to him. Wade isn't shit compared to Iverson of the past. Nowhere close. And you call yourself an NBA fan. The fact that you don't remember Iverson from 2000-2001 proves that you are just some 13 year old that gets on the boards to piss people off.
As great as Iverson looked times is how poor he looks at other times. Wade is always good and at times incredible. There is no comparison because Wade is light years ahead of Iverson. There is a big difference between a great player and a ball hog.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 11:18 PM
As great as Iverson looked times is how poor he looks at other times. Wade is always good and at times incredible. There is no comparison because Wade is light years ahead of Iverson. There is a big difference between a great player and a ball hog.

So by your logic Wade has never looked bad. Didn't he have like a 5 point game against the Pistons in the ECF? I would say that is pretty fucking bad, but you may spin it another way just so you can keep his nuts in your mouth.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 11:20 PM
He came back with two 40 point games and that was probably worst game of the year for him. Those kind of games happen to Iverson alot but he gets 30 shots to get up his scoring average.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 11:24 PM
He came back with two 40 point games and that was probably worst game of the year for him. Those kind of games happen to Iverson alot but he gets 30 shots to get up his scoring average.

But you said he is "Wade is always good at time incredible"

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 11:26 PM
He is but you have to give the great Detroit defense who shut down Parker the whole credit for game 1. I would say 90% of his games are great if you want an exact number. Iverson is more 50% of the time.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 11:29 PM
He is but you have to give the great Detroit defense who shut down Parker the whole credit for game 1. I would say 90% of his games are great if you want an exact number. Iverson is more 50% of the time.

Iverson led the league in scoring this season. How can you say that only 50% of his games were good games. And even thought the Detroit defense shut down Parker, they didn't do enough to shut the down the rest of the Spurs. If you didn't notice throughout the playoffs is that it take A WHOLE TEAM to win. Not just a couple of good players. A WHOLE TEAM. EVERY PLAYER. 1-12. THE WHOLE TEAM.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Scoring titles mean shit if your team doesn't win. When you lead the league in field goal attempts you should be the leading scorer. He makes Kobe look like an unselfish player.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Scoring titles mean shit if your team doesn't win. When you lead the league in field goal attempts you should be the leading scorer. He makes Kobe look like an unselfish player.

Wade's team ended up the same place that Iverson's team, without a title. Iverson's second year FG% was just one point lower than Wade's. Iverson 46% and Wade 47%. There is no way you can say that their careers won't compare.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Actually Iverson had more steals per game and more assists per game than Wade did in their second seasons.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Wade is built for the long term because he is much stronger and taller than Iverson. Wade will get better while Iverson will get worse.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Wade is built for the long term because he is much stronger and taller than Iverson. Wade will get better while Iverson will get worse.

Of course Iverson will get worse, he is older. If he goes to the hole as wrecklessly as Iverson, as you say, he will last just as long as AI. Nobody goes to the hole like Iverson. Wade will have the same kind of career as AI. Good stats but no rings.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Iverson never got any better after his second year and probably got worse. I see Wade lasting into his mid 30's because he is built to play for many years similar to Jordan.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Iverson never got any better after his second year and probably got worse. I see Wade lasting into his mid 30's because he is built to play for many years similar to Jordan.

How can you say he never got better after his second year? His ppg, apg, and spg went up after his second year. His apg this past season were almost 2 assist more per game than his second year while his ppg were up more than 8ppg more than his 2nd year. What facts do you base your argument on?

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 11:51 PM
His shooting percentage dropped. He started to become a chucker. Wade will never be that way because he takes only good shots.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Just because his FG percentage dropped doesn't mean he was just throwing them up. His assists per game have gone up every season since his 2nd. That doesn't show selfishness, it shows that he was trying to get his team involved.

How do you know that Wade won't become a shooting first guard? I'm sure Shaq will be "injured" most of next season, so Wade will have to be the only offensive option. Who is he going to turn to? Eddie Jones? HA.

tophy7
07-10-2005, 12:00 AM
When Wade can lead a team of scrubs to the finals like AI did in 2001 then we can talk.

team-work
07-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Just kidding...

Phil Jackson's return to LA prompts Shaq to demand a reversal of last years's trade, bringing him back to the Lakers.

Popovich, on hearing the news, "Hasn't the Soviet Union dismantled????"

Mixability
07-10-2005, 01:40 AM

KG>TD? Wade>AI? At least AI has made it to the Finals already, get back to us when any of your "boys" (KG/Wade) get to even taste the Finals.

Spursdaone
07-10-2005, 01:03 PM
KG>TD? Wade>AI? At least AI has made it to the Finals already, get back to us when any of your "boys" (KG/Wade) get to even taste the Finals.
Iverson only made the finals because of Larry Brown. The east was weak back then and the sixers were lucky to get to the finals with a subpar team. The Heat are way better than the sixers ever were. Pacers and Pistons are way better to. Wade >>> Iverson and KG>TD.

tophy7
07-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Spursdaone

Are you going to buy the Spurs Championship DVD? :lol

Spursdaone
07-10-2005, 01:34 PM
they show it all on nba tv. Game by game. I don't think I need to buy the dvd.

tophy7
07-10-2005, 01:36 PM
"Spurs fan"

Dex
07-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Even the newbies are getting in on the PWNage. :lol

tophy7
07-10-2005, 01:46 PM
What can I say? he has so much moronic material, sometimes it's too easy.

Spursdaone
07-10-2005, 01:50 PM
What can I say? he has so much moronic material, sometimes it's too easy.
It is funny how you get so defensive. All you want to hear is the spurs are unbeatable. Duncan is the best. None of that is true.

tophy7
07-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Never have I ever said Spurs are unbeatable and as for TD being the best player, Spurs fans aren't the only fans who think so.

tophy7
07-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Why are you so anti-homer to the point where you can never say 1 good thing about the Spurs? What made you become a "Spurs fan". Also did you ever celebrate a Spurs win let a lone one of their 3 championships?

Dex
07-10-2005, 02:04 PM
No one ever made those claims.

We are just adamant about the fact that...
A) Mike James is not worth Bruce Bowen
B) Phoenix isn't God because they picked up freaking Kurt Thomas and managed to get Joe Johnson back
C) Kevin Garnett < Tim Duncan
D) Stephon Marbury isn't all that and a bag of chips
E) Miami and DWade have to win something before they can be considered winners
F) Antonio Daniels is NOT the next MJ.
G) The Spurs will be in just as good of a position, if not better, next season
H) You don't know the NBA, or the game of basketball for that matter.

The list could go on and on, but eventually I would run out of letters in the alphabet.

You could ask any educated person about any of those topics, and I'm sure they would agree with me. So you can go on living in that little bubble that makes you believe that every word that comes out of your mouth is the truth. I, however, have another term I like to designate for such behavior...

Denial.

Spursdaone
07-10-2005, 02:11 PM
No one ever made those claims.

We are just adamant about the fact that...
A) Mike James is not worth Bruce Bowen
B) Phoenix isn't God because they picked up freaking Kurt Thomas and managed to get Joe Johnson back
C) Kevin Garnett < Tim Duncan
D) Stephon Marbury isn't all that and a bag of chips
E) Miami and DWade have to win something before they can be considered winners
F) Antonio Daniels is NOT the next MJ.
G) The Spurs will be in just as good of a position, if not better, next season
H) You don't know the NBA, or the game of basketball for that matter.

The list could go on and on, but eventually I would run out of letters in the alphabet.
A) see future
B) They aren't God but they are better
C) wrong
D) Marbury sucks
E) Miami got unlucky with injuries at the wrong time
F) Daniels is an improvement over D. Jones
G) Bowen and Horry are aging and they were key to this team
H) I got the NBA League Pass and study games deeply.

tophy7
07-10-2005, 02:12 PM
What do you like about Spurs in order for you to have your favorite team Spurs and your name being spursdaone ?

Dex
07-10-2005, 02:16 PM
A) When Mike James plays a major role in two championship teams, come see me.
B) Better? Maybe. Better than us? Hardly.
C) Denial.
D) Wow, for once you may be on to something.
E) That's the life of basketball. If you lose, you lose. I never heard them making excuses.
F) Perhaps, but Daniels will probably end up in LA anyways, so this is a moot point.
G) Denial.
H) Then start using that basketball knowledge and bring some educated takes to this forum.

Spursdaone
07-10-2005, 02:17 PM
I am a big Ginobili fan. I love the intensity that Pop brings to his team. Duncan plays great defense. Athletic team. Etc. I just am being honest that Duncan can't get all the credit for this team. The players that give teams trouble other than Duncan is Parker and Ginobili.

my2sons
07-10-2005, 06:51 PM
if bowen and horry are aging what does that make snack? aging and expanding w/an even more outdated zoe backing him up...wad is very promissing but ad will not put that team over the top, the only solice is that they play in the least uhmm east and with the exception of detroit there are no bigs....so i really hope snack gets a big raise to make it even more difficult to get quality fa's and if the best they can do is ad then next years slogan will be, 3 out of 4 champions agree the spurs are g--r--e--a--t!!!!

Spursdaone
09-01-2005, 12:35 AM
I will add to this thread but wtf was Poppovich thinking? He could've brought back a young Devin Brown that was only getting better. Instead he brings in an over the hill Finley. I doubt Finley will even make it through the season. Van Exel is a chemistry killer. The Lakers knew that and that is why they got rid of him. Even worse he is old. I am so pissed that the spurs are letting the heat win a championship. Oh well. Everyone will learn something about old players this year.

TheTruth
09-01-2005, 12:45 AM
Van Exel was probably the leader of the Mavs team that gave the Spurs trouble in '03.

tophy7
09-01-2005, 01:57 AM
I will add to this thread but wtf was Poppovich thinking? He could've brought back a young Devin Brown that was only getting better. Instead he brings in an over the hill Finley. I doubt Finley will even make it through the season. Van Exel is a chemistry killer. The Lakers knew that and that is why they got rid of him. Even worse he is old. I am so pissed that the spurs are letting the heat win a championship. Oh well. Everyone will learn something about old players this year.

What a surprise.
See where it says team under your name?
Why don't you change it from Spurs to anyone who's playing against spurs.

Trainwreck2100
09-01-2005, 01:58 AM
Yep, definitely Lakergod

ChumpDumper
09-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Is this choad still pimping Mike "My Team Just Signed Two More Point Guards to Add to the Four Others Who Were Already Here Besides Myself and I'm the Future Even Though I'm Already Thirty Years Old" James?

Of course he is.