PDA

View Full Version : Baby Survives After Mother Jumps To Death With Son Strapped To Her Chest

Spur-Addict
03-14-2013, 01:03 PM
A Manhattan lawyer committed suicide yesterday by jumping from her eighth floor Harlem apartment with her 10-month-old son strapped to her chest. Miraculously, the child survived with minor injuries. Cynthia Wachenheim, 44, was an associate attorney for the New York State Supreme Court and graduated from Columbia Law School. According to her neighbor Christian Johnson, yesterday she had a loud argument with her husband, who works in sales.

http://gothamist.com/2013/03/14/baby_survives_after_mother_jumps_to.php

Drachen
03-14-2013, 01:25 PM
So I just read this to my super dumb co-worker who thinks that medical doctors are the operational arm of the illuminati and that if we had a black pope elected yesterday that it would trigger the start of the 1000 year end times (among many many other fucktarded things, I swear I could write a book) and her response was "oh maybe she was on prescription medication and her doctor wouldn't let her try natural treatments"

Drachen
03-14-2013, 01:27 PM
http://cdn.head-fi.org/7/71/71b14a93_jackie-chan-meme_thumb7.png

I fucking hate my job so badly.

Trill Clinton
03-14-2013, 01:42 PM
jesus christ...

Spur-Addict
03-14-2013, 01:43 PM
So I just read this to my super dumb co-worker who thinks that medical doctors are the operational arm of the illuminati and that if we had a black pope elected yesterday that it would trigger the start of the 1000 year end times (among many many other fucktarded things, I swear I could write a book) and her response was "oh maybe she was on prescription medication and her doctor wouldn't let her try natural treatments"

:lol Why engage unless it's for a laugh?

Drachen
03-14-2013, 01:51 PM
:lol Why engage unless it's for a laugh?

Honestly, I generally don't engage her. At all. As a rule.

I don't know what the fuck I was thinking.

clambake
03-14-2013, 02:55 PM
you work with crookskanks?

Drachen
03-14-2013, 03:33 PM
lets just say that this guy (http://www.deargirlsaboveme.com/) has nothing on me.

rjv
03-14-2013, 03:42 PM
post partum sucks when it get to the psychotic level

Summers
03-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Such a sad story.

Drachen, there's a guy in my husband's beer-buddy circle who is like your coworker. It gets to a point of irrationality that there's no point in arguing or trying to be logical.

cantthinkofanything
03-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Maybe she thought the baby was a parachute.
Or that the baby was wearing a parachute.

ChumpDumper
03-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Suicide always seems senseless but if a lawyer writes a 13-page suicide note, there might be a compelling reason or two in there.

Cane
03-15-2013, 01:50 PM
The real reason why 40-something women should never have children unless its through adoption

Anyway tragic stuff. She couldn't even kill her own baby.

And wtf: "I love you. I’m making you suffer. You’re going to think I’m evil."

http://gothamist.com/attachments/nyc_arts_john/031413cynthia.jpg

^ The picture included in the article doesn't do her any favors either. You'd think they could correct the red eye or whatever, instead she looks like a lawyer for the Joker and Scarecrow

Anyway I'm done now. There's probably a laywer joke too in there but it is a goddam tragedy, but at least the baby survived

Kori Ellis
03-15-2013, 01:55 PM
The real reason why 40-something women should never have children unless its through adoption

I'm confused by this part of your comment. I thought statistics showed that the younger the mom, the more likelihood for postpartum depression.

(I adopted so I'm not totally up on it, but just curious about your statement.)

Cane
03-15-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm confused by this part of your comment. I thought statistics showed that the younger the mom, the more likelihood for postpartum depression.

Yea it's a bad joke in taste and looking back it doesn't even make much sense. I guess I was talking about the health complications 40-something women could have during pregnancies instead of depression. Looking back on the article, she said she thought her baby had cerebral palsy even though none of her doctors agreed with her.

Drachen
03-15-2013, 03:27 PM

Women who delay first baby until they've established career 'more vulnerable to postnatal depression' (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2117552/Women-delay-baby-theyve-established-career-vulnerable-postnatal-depression.html#ixzz2NdsKbn24)

but teen moms are more likely than "regular age" moms in having kids.

G-Nob
03-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Suicide always seems senseless but if a lawyer writes a 13-page suicide note, there might be a compelling reason or two in there.

This Note has been drafted for review et al by Cynthia Wachenheim, Esq (referred going forward as "Mother" or "Lawyer") I am taking our son (referred going forward as "Baby") out of the window with me as I leap ("Jump") to my death. Please make sure you cover the oustanding legal/medical bills for any person(s) I happen to harm performing this action.