PDA

View Full Version : Best K of C fish fry?

reason
03-14-2013, 03:23 PM
The one in Schertz is pretty good. Any others you all enjoy?
I know of several in the area and was wondering which ones you all hit up on Fridays during Lent.

cantthinkofanything
03-14-2013, 03:29 PM
The one in Schertz is pretty good. Any others you all enjoy?
I know of several in the area and was wondering which ones you all hit up on Fridays during Lent.

We always go to the one up off of Starnes over by the old Safeway. They've got a decent swimming pool too although I guess it's still too cold to hop in. But whoever makes the batter knows what they are doing. Enjoy.

Drachen
03-14-2013, 03:32 PM
I keep meaning to try the one at st. matthews.

reason
03-14-2013, 03:44 PM
We always go to the one up off of Starnes over by the old Safeway. They've got a decent swimming pool too although I guess it's still too cold to hop in. But whoever makes the batter knows what they are doing. Enjoy.
I'll have to check it out. The one at St. Monica's uses catfish but I prefer Cod.

cantthinkofanything
03-14-2013, 03:48 PM
I'll have to check it out. The one at St. Monica's uses catfish but I prefer Cod.

I don't know what they use. I assumed it's always catfish but I didn't know that some even used Cod.

Drachen
03-14-2013, 03:57 PM

That is the one my parents go to. I grew up going to that school and church. Met my wife at a youth group event there, married there, etc. Lived on Kneupper.

Trill Clinton
03-14-2013, 04:24 PM
have you tried bayseas? the closest location to schertz is in converse off of fm78. they have cat, flounder, drum, snapper and trout. i prefer the trout and shrimp dinner.

reason
03-14-2013, 05:17 PM
have you tried bayseas? the closest location to schertz is in converse off of fm78. they have cat, flounder, drum, snapper and trout. i prefer the trout and shrimp dinner.

Yes, been there several times but during Lent almost always hit up the K 0f C fish fry.

Trill Clinton
03-14-2013, 05:20 PM
oh okay. never heard of that place.

Drachen
03-14-2013, 05:53 PM
oh okay. never heard of that place.
K of C is Knights of Colombus, a group within the catholic church. They hold a fish fry (many times at the church itself) on fridays during lent.

ploto
03-15-2013, 09:49 AM
I keep meaning to try the one at st. matthews.

Have not been in many years. When I went, it was like eating school cafeteria food.

man on wire
03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
I just had some fish bites from McD's.

reason
03-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Time to get ready to pickup some carryout. Going St.Monica's since their plates are cheaper.