PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: ESPN suspends Bill Simmons from Twitter

lefty
03-14-2013, 08:32 PM
ESPN is butthurt :lmao

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/14/4105620/espn-suspends-bill-simmons-from-twitter

Reck
03-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Apparently Simmons lost too. :lol

:lol ESPN giving its employees timeouts like they're kids.

jeebus
03-14-2013, 08:43 PM
rofl. I was wondering why he hasn't tweeted since he posted those. I can't wait til Fox launches their 24 hours sports network; anything's better than heatspn

Reck
03-14-2013, 08:44 PM
rofl. I was wondering why he hasn't tweeted since he posted those. I can't wait til Fox launches their 24 hours sports network; anything's better than heatspn

News to me. Who's going to carry that network?

rayjayjohnson
03-14-2013, 08:46 PM
But how am I going to find out what his dad thinks about the celtics now?

:lmao glorified blogger

benefactor
03-14-2013, 08:48 PM
:cry don't talk about our shitty programming :cry

jeebus
03-14-2013, 08:48 PM
News to me. Who's going to carry that network?
Dunno. I kinda read this article but not the whole thing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2013/03/05/fox-sports-cable-channel-challenging-espn-dominance-catholic-7/1965299/

I think enough people are tired of BSPN that this should take off

KaiRMD1
03-14-2013, 08:57 PM
TNT and NBA TV are the best in my opinion. ESPN has been a joke for a while. They are like the fox news of sports

DMC
03-14-2013, 09:31 PM
ESPN's time is coming. They've already been embarrassed beyond hell and back. They should relocate to TruTV with the other fake ass troll shit.

lefty
03-14-2013, 10:12 PM
NBA Finals on TNT soon ......

Its gonna happen

CubanMustGo
03-14-2013, 10:37 PM
If only BSPN would give Simmons a word limit on his Grantland articles, the man is a walking definition of tl;dr.

Spursfan092120
03-14-2013, 11:00 PM
UooitEU6AtE
NBA on NBC...bring that shit back...

irishock
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7LEvSqD8pQ

NHL and NBA should switch networks.

Clipper Nation
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
NBA Finals on TNT soon ......

Its gonna happen
Fuck that, how about the Finals on NBC?

lefty
03-14-2013, 11:14 PM
NBA on NBC?

As much as I would love it ..........

Today's shitty NBA doesnt deserve to be on NBC

D-Wade
03-14-2013, 11:18 PM
UooitEU6AtE
NBA on NBC...bring that shit back...

Yup. Damn shame the Olympics last year didn't bring back that theme song.

KaiRMD1
03-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Then technically, the NBA finals should be on ESPN

AussieFanKurt
03-14-2013, 11:21 PM
can't speak your own mind apparently

DMC
03-14-2013, 11:43 PM
NBA Finals should be PPV.

Thebesteva
03-14-2013, 11:45 PM
NBA on NBC....the NBA was never the same after that

Jacob1983
03-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Bill Simmons is a joke and should never be allowed to be shown on a television again. The man is one of the worst analysts in NBA history. I have no idea why he's on NBA Countdown but it is ESPN and their coverage of the NBA is a joke so it does make sense that they would use a piece of shit like Simmons.

And fuck yeah, bring the NBA back to NBC. Is that voice over guy still alive? The guy that said "you're watching the NBA on NBC".
I bet John Tesh would love to have the NBA back on NBC because he wrote that kickass music for the NBA on NBC.

whitemamba
03-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Bill Simmons is a joke and should never be allowed to be shown on a television again. The man is one of the worst analysts in NBA history. I have no idea why he's on NBA Countdown but it is ESPN and their coverage of the NBA is a joke so it does make sense that they would use a piece of shit like Simmons.

And fuck yeah, bring the NBA back to NBC. Is that voice over guy still alive? The guy that said "you're watching the NBA on NBC".
I bet John Tesh would love to have the NBA back on NBC because he wrote that kickass music for the NBA on NBC.

settle down with the truth bombs...

Clipper Nation
03-15-2013, 01:29 AM
Tbh, Simmons should be suspended for ruining the already bad pregame and halftime shows with his annoying nails-on-chalkboard voice...

LnGrrrR
03-15-2013, 02:18 AM
I won't deny that Bill Simmons has a fucking horrible voice. But the guy was writing random articles for Boston sports, and look where he is now. The guy has some good ideas, like the 30 for 30, and Grantland itself has about as many decent articles as the whole of ESPN.

I mean, if anyone deserves hate like this, it's Skip Bayless.

Jacob1983
03-15-2013, 02:23 AM
Just keep him away from ESPN tv. The guy is terrible on television.

whitemamba
03-15-2013, 02:39 AM
I won't deny that Bill Simmons has a fucking horrible voice. But the guy was writing random articles for Boston sports, and look where he is now. The guy has some good ideas, like the 30 for 30, and Grantland itself has about as many decent articles as the whole of ESPN.

skip bayless says some real shit from time to time

Jacob1983
03-15-2013, 02:56 AM
Skip Bayless is a dick and it would not surprise me if he was a closet klan member.

BobaFett1
03-15-2013, 06:00 AM
TNT and NBA TV are the best in my opinion. ESPN has been a joke for a while. They are like the fox news of sports

CNBC of sports

Killakobe81
03-15-2013, 07:25 AM

HE is a decent writer/blogger whatever ...(Even though he hates my LAkers) he just has an annoying voice and is not meant for that format. TBH, that whole pre-game, post-game halftime on ABC/ESPN blows chunks. Thing is he (Bill) killed shaq for destroying the tNT show ... Shaq would be the 2nd best guy on the ESPN cast ...(I think Wilbon is OK but no Ernie )

I love Magic as a player he is cool as a guest former player ...but he butchers the english language and I am far from the grammar police, I just think he needs to be taken in small doses ...
Jalen thinks he is still setting trends like this is the 90's ...he was cool and cuttig edge back then ... Now he sounds like a past his prime playa trying to pick up a 20 year old in a club. Stop it.

The guys I do like Kevin Harlan (does ESPN radio and TNT games), MArv ALbert is good Steve Kerr is solid. And the TNT guys are pretty good. Shaq is no star, but he isnt as bad as he was last year and stopped trying too hard. Cwebb is solid. Smitty is cool greg Anthony is solid. Both Barry brother suck especially Jon. Brent is too dry and Jon way too animated with shitty takes like an arrogant Tom Tolbert. DScott is cool as well. I hate that goofy white giuy I forget his same that does NBATV late and does their fantasy he sounds like an unbelivable dork ...especially when he tries to use the players nicknames ...

OH Jeff Van Gundy is extremely smart but also tries too hard to be funny ...Breen is Ok.

I love Hubie Brown though he is aging he knows the game so well ...

Captivus
03-15-2013, 07:52 AM
The problem with a lot of TV programs is that they have become "reality shows".
I like Ernir, Shaq, Smith, CWebb, Charles and the others.

JoeTait75
03-15-2013, 07:55 AM
can't speak your own mind apparently

You don't have the inalienable right to trash your employer on Twitter.

Killakobe81
03-15-2013, 08:03 AM
The problem with a lot of TV programs is that they have become "reality shows".
I like Ernir, Shaq, Smith, CWebb, Charles and the others.

Like TNT crew though Kenny becomes a greater player in his own mind every year. Keney was a great gollege PG and a good NBA one ... but no star.

I also think he had GP kicked off the tNT show ... I never saw him much after he challenegd Kenny who claimed GP coat-tailed Shaq and Wade to a title ... dat shit was hilarious the look on Gp's face when Kenny claimed he was the only champion (pre-Shaq) dismissing Payton's and when GP claimed he won one, he said he coat-tailed Wade/Shaq ...

GP was about to explode he said something like: "Coat-tailed?! I coat-tailed?!!! you were CARRIED by HAKEEM!!!!

GP was never heard from on tNT again ...

jeebus
03-15-2013, 09:15 AM
the dude is paid to be a troll. on that spurfan index thread on here somewhere, Skip would be a 3 in his home but when he's on set, he's paid to turn into a hardcore 1 and 2. and it works because it generates buzz and feedback, at least for now until everyone figures it out.

Thread
03-15-2013, 09:44 AM
HE is a decent writer/blogger whatever ...(Even though he hates my LAkers) he just has an annoying voice and is not meant for that format. TBH, that whole pre-game, post-game halftime on ABC/ESPN blows chunks.

I love Magic as a player he is cool as a guest former player ...I just think he needs to be taken in small doses ...

The guys I do like Kevin Harlan (does ESPN radio and TNT games), Shaq is no star, but he isnt as bad as he was last year and stopped trying too hard.

DScott is cool as well.

Nothin' but nothin' but good, Killa.

Cry Havoc
03-15-2013, 11:26 AM

I think Bayless suffers a bit from overexposure. If you put anyone on sports for that many hours a day, they're bound to say some stupid shit from time to time. At least Skip offers real opinions, unfounded and wrongheaded as they might be, as opposed to hedging everywhere he goes. And he does it without all the self-serving grandeur and vanity that Stephen A feels the need to parrot every day.

Cry Havoc
03-15-2013, 11:27 AM
GP was about to explode he said something like: "Coat-tailed?! I coat-tailed?!!! you were CARRIED by HAKEEM!!!!

GP was never heard from on tNT again ...

GP was awful. Whoever gave him the boot should get a raise.

Captivus
03-15-2013, 11:51 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/VP5dJV6hBRvrqzhx6oQz0Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTUwMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2013-03-15/db8197da-3fc9-45ed-bb57-e126eb7f7d0b_picksite.gif

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/M3FYO9CqrQ3VlHZUTY_7VA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTUwMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2013-03-15/d737c04a-d21a-4b9f-b00e-ca57b34c4aa5_winksite.gif

InRareForm
03-15-2013, 01:25 PM
People who say he is a decent writer? Who is your top writer?

he is terrible on television, obviously writing is his best, but to call him so/so writer is laughable.

Spurs9
03-15-2013, 01:31 PM
It was pretty stupid on Simmons part to say anything negative about "don't watch ESPN, because there are 700 other channels". Thats his employeer, I know if I said anything negatively about mine publicly I probably wouldn't last long. You can hate ESPN for doing that, but its understandable tbh. Companies take stuff you say on social media pretty seriously, a co-worker of mine was fired over a comment on Twitter against one of our customers.

Cane
03-15-2013, 01:39 PM
What are the chances of Bill Simmons following Dan Patrick and leaving the ESPN mothership?

Killakobe81
03-15-2013, 01:43 PM
People who say he is a decent writer? Who is your top writer?

he is terrible on television, obviously writing is his best, but to call him so/so writer is laughable.

HE is not a great writer. He is entertaining. He has an amazing abilty (or is he just a loser) to tie sports and pop culture .... but no he is not a great writer.
A great Writer is like the late great Jim Murray.
SI before it's decline had some amazing writers. All better than Simmons
USe the the archive feature on SI.com and look at the articles from the mid 80's to early 2000's ...

Writing as a society has declined. Sports writing has declined even further l ...

Simmons Is good at what he does. I enjoyed the BOB, Grantland at times ... and his mailbags are funny ... but no he is not a great writer. But he entertains. He also had a hand (producer?) in 30/30 and some of those are excllent.

sook
03-15-2013, 02:33 PM

this. It's is honestly a crime to have to choose who is worse between bayless and SAS. Its harder than having to choose between who to eliminate from history ...Stalin or Hitler.

Latarian Milton
03-15-2013, 07:13 PM
mainstream media is gay and their employees basically get paid for being assholes. even when he was a player in NBA, he had one of the shittiest contracts in the league and he was surely not the most liked player in the last a few years of his career, and i doubt there're still any legit fans who want to buy any shit from his fat mouth tbh.

hooperflash
03-15-2013, 09:14 PM
I mean, if anyone deserves hate like this, it's Skip Bayless.In my opinion, Jon Barry gets the nod from me to receive some hate like this..