PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: 2013 Knicks = 2002 Bucks?

racm
03-15-2013, 02:36 AM
The 2002 Milwaukee Bucks were a pretty stacked team.

Ray Allen
Sam Cassell
Glenn Robinson
Anthony Mason coming off an All-Star appearance

Started 9-1, was 28-18 at the All-Star break, then finished 41-41 and 9th in the Eastern Conference.

Are the Knicks the same way?

whitemamba
03-15-2013, 02:38 AM
The 2002 Milwaukee Bucks were a pretty stacked team.

Ray Allen
Sam Cassell
Glenn Robinson
Anthony Mason coming off an All-Star appearance

Started 9-1, was 28-18 at the All-Star break, then finished 41-41 and 9th in the Eastern Conference.

Are the Knicks the same way?

bit of a stretch imho, knicks are way stacked compared to the '02 bucks, knicks are tanking as of late, media might of overhyped them pre season

Jacob1983
03-15-2013, 02:39 AM
Are you saying that the Knicks are going to miss the playoffs this year? Wouldn't they have to lose out and have Toronto win out for that to happen?

racm
03-15-2013, 02:40 AM
Are you saying that the Knicks are going to miss the playoffs this year? Wouldn't they have to lose out and have Toronto win out for that to happen?

I don't think they miss out on the playoffs but IMO Brooklyn looks to have the best chance of snagging the division away from them, with Boston a distant second.

Losing home court in the first round will hurt, though.

KaiRMD1
03-15-2013, 03:14 AM
They won't miss the playoffs but I can see them getting another exit in the first round.

TDMVPDPOY
03-15-2013, 03:23 AM
knicks are playing the safe card by tankng a few games to avoid the heat bracket

Reck
03-15-2013, 04:50 AM
knicks are playing the safe card by tankng a few games to avoid the heat bracket

Knicks are first round fodders anyway you put it.

I guess if they draw the Nets they could possibly advance and for that they will have to do some precise tanking. Otherwise, them Knicks are done.

KaiRMD1
03-15-2013, 05:54 AM
With the way they are tanking, they headed for the heat in the second round.

Captivus
03-15-2013, 08:09 AM
With the way they are tanking, they headed for the heat in the second round.
Looking at the standings, if they lose the #3seed to the Nets anything could happen. 5, 6 and 7 seed are tied now. If they tank they could play Miami in the first round. Except Miami, the other standings are impossible to predict.

jeebus
03-15-2013, 09:09 AM
bit of a stretch imho, knicks are way stacked compared to the '02 bucks, knicks are tanking as of late, media might of overhyped them pre season
son almost everyone overrated them early on. do a search here for knick related posts from november and just about everyone was crowning the knicks as legit. :lol I got slaughtered on the espn message boards for saying "it's only november..."

tlongII
03-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Any team with Raymond Failton is not going to win a playoff series.

JamStone
03-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Knicks are certainly a flawed team, but I think they can still make noise in the playoffs if they're healthy. They'd have a good chance against anyone in the East other than Miami. And they would probably be the toughest match up for the Heat in the East. Heat would still win in a series but the other East teams including Indiana wouldn't be a tougher out.

A lot of it does depend on their health and ability to hit their three pointers. They're not really a legit title contender. But outside Miami and maybe OKC, who else is?

Seventyniner
03-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Any team with Raymond Failton is not going to win a playoff series.

Just like any team with Avery Johnson at PG won't win a championship?

Latarian Milton
03-15-2013, 06:57 PM
they're more like denver of their best years in the 2000s imho. if you put the 08' nuggets in the west they would've also finished top 3 on the table since the east has always been weak