PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Kirbys leg kick and the media

Fabbs
03-15-2013, 08:50 AM
We've heard ad nauseam from the pro Lakers/Kirby/WWE-NBA about Dahntay Jones getting his defense too close thus causing *severe* sprain to Kirbys vag.
Is any media, particularly national, addressing Kirbys leg kick?
Offensive foul.

Here espn-Lakers Henry Abbott at least brings the subject up:
"....and that Bryant might have been called for an offensive foul for kicking out his leg." -exerpt.
But he never addresses let alone mentions it again in the entirety of his Kirby asskissing article.

Any media anywhere addressing the O foul?

Drachen
03-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Look, if it happened to our guy we would be Spuraging about it.

AussieFanKurt
03-15-2013, 09:16 AM

correct, upstairs spurfan woulda gone LG on Jones

Thread
03-15-2013, 09:23 AM

tee, hee.

Drach, tossin' a turd into the pool.

Fabbs
03-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Perhaps.
But point of thread is to locate media (if any) who have commented on Kirbys leg kick.

Thread
03-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Perhaps.

tee, hee. Yer adorable, Fabbs. Drach got ya naked, tiptoeing thru the tulips and you still deny him his accomplishment.

Fabbs
03-15-2013, 10:02 AM
:lol Threadmvp following me around again.

InRareForm
03-15-2013, 10:16 AM
The most over analyzed ankle sprain in the history of the NBA tbh..

Fabbs
03-15-2013, 10:48 AM
^^ along with related most under analyzed leg kick

Thread
03-15-2013, 10:57 AM

spurraider21
03-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Bible Sprain?

TDMVPDPOY
03-15-2013, 11:56 AM
**** who kick legs out trying to draw a foul, deserves to get their legs sweep

HI-FI
03-15-2013, 12:01 PM
It's Kirby. Nigga rapes a chick and is celebrated for improving his street cred. Kirby has a habit of sticking his leg out, elbowing non-retaliatory niggas, sticking his dick in unrelaxed sphincters. Media or NBA don't give a shit as long as he brings home the bacon with his poor nigs version of MJ....imho.

DMC
03-15-2013, 12:13 PM
It's Kirby. Nigga rapes a chick and is celebrated for improving his street cred. Kirby has a habit of sticking his leg out, elbowing non-retaliatory niggas, sticking his dick in unrelaxed sphincters. Media or NBA don't give a shit as long as he brings home the bacon with his poor nigs version of MJ....imho.

That's hard

Medvedenko
03-15-2013, 12:16 PM
You idiots obviously don't play ball or understand the state of your body control when fading away......

whitemamba
03-15-2013, 12:23 PM
get the fuck over it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BWYMjTs3c

Deuce Bigalow
03-15-2013, 12:31 PM
You idiots obviously don't play ball or understand the state of your body control when fading away......
This. Some of these people need to go outside and play basketball. Go shoot a fadeaway or maybe your lard ass is not capable of doing so.

midnightpulp
03-15-2013, 12:34 PM

You're so full of shit. You obviously don't play ball if you think you can't be in control of your body enough during a fade away jumper to prevent your leg from kicking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5o2PK76hs

0:32
1:06
1:16

No leg kick. Kobe controlled his body just fine during those fade-away jumpers. In the first place, to consistently make fade-away jumpers requires precise body control, so if Kobe lacked the necessary body control to keep his leg from kicking out, he'd probably be a poor/mediocre fade-away jump shooter instead of one of the best.

whitemamba
03-15-2013, 12:36 PM
i really dont think kobe kicks his leg out on purpse, i just think thats how his fadeaway is..

whitemamba
03-15-2013, 12:36 PM
and regardless, the defender has to give the shooter space to shoot and land (safely) you cant crowd or undercut the shooter.

Thread
03-15-2013, 12:41 PM
It's Kirby. Nigga rapes a chick and is celebrated for improving his street cred.

You've nary room. Your Neal raped as well. But, neither girl was of merit, or, a relative of ours, so it's okay.

Thread
03-15-2013, 12:42 PM
I heard on the Cowherd show a half hour ago that there are rumblings he'll play tonite in IN..

HI-FI
03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
You've nary room. Your Neal raped as well. But, neither girl was of merit, or, a relative of ours, so it's okay.
True about Neal, but he didn't get the "street cred" support because he is a black journeyman, he ain't selling shit. The relative joke was pretty good.

midnightpulp
03-15-2013, 12:52 PM
i really dont think kobe kicks his leg out on purpse, i just think thats how his fadeaway is..

He does it intentionally to create space. Jordan evolved his fade-away in similar matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Uw5B--arA

Mix starts at 0:45. Compare how pronounced his leg kick is from that clip in 93 compared to the following few clips that are from the 80's.

lefty
03-15-2013, 12:55 PM
and regardless, the defender has to give the shooter space to shoot and land (safely) you cant crowd or undercut the shooter.
He didnt undercut Kirby

Thread
03-15-2013, 12:56 PM
True about Neal, but he didn't get the "street cred" support because he is a black journeyman, he ain't selling shit. The relative joke was pretty good.

& I imagined it pained a "white man" like Kobe to beg for that black support. That hot shot lawyer he had warned him not to do it and threatened to leave if he did. But, he had no choice. Whomever gave him that advice was dead on. Probably his dad I imagine. He wasn't in CA.. If he had he coulda skated and been glorified. But, not CO.. He either needed to get on the Lear and go to Italy, or, use every conceivable ploy at his disposal. And in the end that lawyer was just as conscienceless as Kobe. She was a junkyard dog and named the name day one and buried Eagle County under a mound of paper.

Medvedenko
03-15-2013, 01:10 PM
He does it intentionally to create space. Jordan evolved his fade-away in similar matter.

Mix starts at 0:45. Compare how pronounced his leg kick is from that clip in 93 compared to the following few clips that are from the 80's.

Who gives a shit about MJ in this case. Rules are rules and the NBA even called it a foul on DJ after the case. Regardless of fading or going forward, you can't take the air space away from a player without it being a violation unless you were there prior to said player entering that zone. Keep adding awesome insight to this board.

midnightpulp
03-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Who gives a shit about MJ in this case. Rules are rules and the NBA even called it a foul on DJ after the case. Regardless of fading or going forward, you can't take the air space away from a player without it being a violation unless you were there prior to said player entering that zone. Keep adding awesome insight to this board.

Has that peroxide seeped from your hair follicles into your brain and made you retarded? I wasn't even arguing about whether or not Jones's action was a foul. I was challenging your contention that a player loses body control when shooting a fade-away jumpshot. Maybe you lose body control, since you're in all likelihood a spastic, but any competent basketball player can control his body just find during a fadeaway.

whitemamba
03-15-2013, 06:41 PM

it just seems like that space is created from the momentum of fading back, or maybe a balance thing, but i dont think that thats the "space" creator if you will...

He didnt undercut Kirby

i was speaking in general

Medvedenko
03-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Has that peroxide seeped from your hair follicles into your brain and made you retarded? I wasn't even arguing about whether or not Jones's action was a foul. I was challenging your contention that a player loses body control when shooting a fade-away jumpshot. Maybe you lose body control, since you're in all likelihood a spastic, but any competent basketball player can control his body just find during a fadeaway.

It's the plane of vertically that I'm referring too. Regardless, when you fade that abruptly you need space to gather your feet to regain balance. Also, good joke, insightful.

Latarian Milton
03-15-2013, 07:47 PM
it didn't look like an intetional infliction but it would've surprise me either if you tell me he got paid from his former boss (cuban) to intentionally injure kobe and to help mavs course of pursuing the 8th seed tbh. dahntay is an ex mav and it seems like the mavs will benefit most from kobe's injury, so we have all reasons to suspect the plot might be associated to them mavs tbh

AussieFanKurt
03-15-2013, 07:49 PM
pfft whoever shoots fadeaways often is a fucking ball hog or not taking a good shot.. we aren't playing nba.. i've had seasons averaging 20/30 a game and I've never shot a fadeaway in my life

Fabbs
03-15-2013, 10:13 PM
whitemumble

"Rules are rules" so lets hear your post on the offensive leg kick rule.