View Full Version : Spurs at SXSW

mabrignani
03-15-2013, 02:20 PM
http://youtu.be/kxKTyktESgc

Stak5 Bonner Blair Neal and Bun B at sxsw rappin

BatManu20
03-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Ghetto Gary Neal :lol

Blair and Mills showing off their stage presence. You could never have imagined the Spurs rapping on stage with Bun B before SJAX came back. CoJo there too.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Hell yes, Mills and Joseph are also in that video

thOOdee
03-15-2013, 02:25 PM
C-R-A-Z-Y....nice

ColinB
03-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Diaw was there as well.

Saw him leave with a huge piece of cake.

lakerhaterade
03-15-2013, 02:31 PM
:lmao Bonner

BatManu20
03-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Diaw was there as well.

Saw him leave with a huge piece of cake.

:lol

And lol at the shout out to Bonner for being the reason the whole thing took place.

hooperflash
03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Wish I coulda gone man

BatManu20
03-15-2013, 02:39 PM
I know most people do, but in case anyone doesn't know what SJAX is referring to about his song with Kevin Durant, enjoy:

h0NSoxrZQNY

ace3g
03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
photo gallery from spurs.com

http://www.nba.com/spurs/photos/130315_sxsw

sananspursfan21
03-15-2013, 03:15 PM
I know most people do, but in case anyone doesn't know what SJAX is referring to about his song with Kevin Durant, enjoy:

h0NSoxrZQNY

that song could be so much better. the instrumental is amateurish and the hook is terrible. i like the verses, stak is cool, he just needs a better producer haha

TheSkeptic
03-15-2013, 03:21 PM
that song could be so much better. the instrumental is amateurish and the hook is terrible. i like the verses, stak is cool, he just needs a better producer haha

I think the hook is the fault of the instrumental tbh. While I suspect they might've known what they wanted talk about (they were choosing between basketball, women, money, or "hip hop"), it sounds to me like he sang the hook over the pre-made beat.

I find that I'm more pleasantly surprised by the music basketball player's make when I lower my expectations.

hooperflash
03-15-2013, 03:28 PM
https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/59094_615167198498184_167594998_n.jpg

hater
03-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Bonner is a pimp

sananspursfan21
03-15-2013, 04:01 PM
I think the hook is the fault of the instrumental tbh. While I suspect they might've known what they wanted talk about (they were choosing between basketball, women, money, or "hip hop"), it sounds to me like he sang the hook over the pre-made beat.

I find that I'm more pleasantly surprised by the music basketball player's make when I lower my expectations.

the instrumental picks up after the intro, but there's no fluid continuity, it sounds like a 10 year old playing with fl studio. but then again, cheap and tacky is kind of "in" with hip hop lol. was the hook actually sjax though? thought it might be an unnamed guest

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Bonner did set up the whole event, with his brother. He invited Jackson to be the headliner.

TheSkeptic
03-15-2013, 05:22 PM
the instrumental picks up after the intro, but there's no fluid continuity, it sounds like a 10 year old playing with fl studio. but then again, cheap and tacky is kind of "in" with hip hop lol. was the hook actually sjax though? thought it might be an unnamed guest

FL Studio is exactly what I thought of when I heard that bass actually haha. Just be thankful there's no seams:lol

Honestly though, my guess is that the producer/composer doesn't have a strong musical background. The voicings used in the song's (only) chord progression sound very basic to me and while listening I couldn't help but notice that the majority of the instruments seem to draw primarily from, you know, the notes found within those chords. The bass might do something different for a couple beats or the synths might go a little higher up the scale, but the instruments as a whole don't really stray from that main progression and the producer relies mostly on using different synths (can't wait for this trend to end) and changing up the volume or the instruments to signal what's going on.

Except for those parts where the synth is riffing off of that main sequence, the other instruments don't seem to really swing so it comes off a little bit unpolished overall imo.

I thought the hook was Durant, but it could've been the producer or another singer I suppose. Definitely not Sjax imo though I could be wrong.

sananspursfan21
03-15-2013, 06:01 PM
FL Studio is exactly what I thought of when I heard that bass actually haha. Just be thankful there's no seams:lol

Honestly though, my guess is that the producer/composer doesn't have a strong musical background. The voicings used in the song's (only) chord progression sound very basic to me and while listening I couldn't help but notice that the majority of the instruments seem to draw primarily from, you know, the notes found within those chords. The bass might do something different for a couple beats or the synths might go a little higher up the scale, but the instruments as a whole don't really stray from that main progression and the producer relies mostly on using different synths (can't wait for this trend to end) and changing up the volume or the instruments to signal what's going on.

Except for those parts where the synth is riffing off of that main sequence, the other instruments don't seem to really swing so it comes off a little bit unpolished overall imo.

I thought the hook was Durant, but it could've been the producer or another singer I suppose. Definitely not Sjax imo though I could be wrong.

indeed Skep, i'm impressed. another music aficianado :toast agree though, many producers, even big name main stream producers don't exactly have an extensive music background and to someone who has an ear for it, it shows. I almost feel like a keen ear to sound is becoming a lost art. they seem to have the concept of rhythm down, but away from that, many times melodies are simple, and you may catch chords and pad notes from a variety of keys. producing music overall seems to be more accessible and easier than ever for joe to throw together a song because of fl studio, reason, and even pro tools becoming more accessible to the public. it's kind of sad but it makes the hunt for good music kind of a challenge and all the sweeter when you find an artist who's truly about the music :)

crc21209
03-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Awesome. :tu I think it's cool to see guys from the team out and about doing things together. I don't think there are many teams out there that enjoy being around each other like the guys on this team do....

PÒÓCH
03-16-2013, 02:55 AM
If only I'd known where it was, I spent all day there today. I'd been doing the Patty towel wave.

DapDaGenius
03-16-2013, 01:19 PM

Amateur sounding instrumental, for an amateur rapper.