PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: LOL Kobe thinks he's MJ

Thebesteva
03-16-2013, 03:57 AM
Tim Cary tweet:

@kobebryant wanted to say thanks for trying to go tonight. For those of us in Indy w/ tix who didn't expect it, your effort was appreciated.

Kobe's response:

@TimCary thank you. That means a lot I couldn't imagine going to see mj as a kid and him not playing eventhou he could have #countonfans

Face palm

lakerhaterade
03-16-2013, 03:59 AM
:lol fucking faggot patting himself on the back..

JingleJangleJingle
03-16-2013, 04:05 AM
lol at the people that eat this shit up.

rayjayjohnson
03-16-2013, 04:19 AM
What an egotistical fuckwit

KaiRMD1
03-16-2013, 04:29 AM
Kobe is his own favorite god

rayjayjohnson
03-16-2013, 04:39 AM
Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant)
16/03/13 5:11 PM
Bout to knock out now. Ambien is talkin to me.. #vinodreams

:lol giving himself date rape drugs

Thebesteva
03-16-2013, 04:54 AM
Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant)
16/03/13 5:11 PM
Bout to knock out now. Ambien is talkin to me.. #vinodreams

:lol giving himself date rape drugs

RayRay you know you would have a heart attack if you woke up in the middle of the night and found him sitting over you like this...he knows when you've been sleeping...he knows when you're awake

http://cdn.necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/kobe-bryant.jpg

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Face palm

Shit like this is why I'm about 90+ % certain you're a simple minded troll trying hard to masquerade as a legit Laker fan. trying hard...:lol Everyone and their mama know's that Kobe is the greatest since MJ so why would his analogy not apply? In fact ask yourself Einstein....when do fans of opposing teams generally fill the arena and sell out tickets? When the Lakers come to town...with the exception of OKC (and that just started last season) San Antonio, Miami, Boston, Knicks, almost all other teams only sell out when Kobe comes to town...you should really use your brain to think before you post....it would not be wise to draw the ire of Koolaid_man it will only ruin your troll account because the more I raise the stakes, the more you'll lose control of your posting content and expose yourself...

To my point teams want to profit off the Lakers way more than they should...they build season ticket packages off Kobe's face not the hometown team...

to my point:

Buss credited NBA commissioner David Stern for doing a "fantastic job" during the NBA lockout negotiations but believed that the league's 28 other owners targeted the Lakers when it came to discussions at the bargaining table during the work stoppage.

Shortly after settling the new CBA, the NBA also hammered out a new revenue-sharing plan. Under the new model, Buss estimated that the Lakers, who used to dole out approximately $4 million to $6 million a season in revenue sharing, now will owe anywhere from $50 million to $80 million in revenue sharing each season.

"I thought (Stern) tried to keep it calm and fair," Buss said. "I think most of the other teams were pointing at the Lakers. They were saying that the Lakers do this, it's not fair. The Lakers do that, it's not fair. But, in the end, I think David Stern kept it all calm and did the best he could."

AussieFanKurt
03-16-2013, 08:06 AM
I'll bite.. even if greatest since MJ, still not MJ.. why make out he is

Spurs9
03-16-2013, 08:20 AM
:lol Severe sprain
:cry so classy overcoming the body injuries so quickly for Jack :cry

UZER
03-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Kobes twitter is full of this stuff from "fans". Its pathetic.

dunkman
03-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Just the Nike-NBA PR stuff generating as much dissonance as they can for free publicity. The stuff must be from music industry background, their target audience is similar after all.

Thebesteva
03-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Shit like this is why I'm about 90+ % certain you're a simple minded troll trying hard to masquerade as a legit Laker fan. trying hard...:lol Everyone and their mama know's that Kobe is the greatest since MJ so why would his analogy not apply? In fact ask yourself Einstein....when do fans of opposing teams generally fill the arena and sell out tickets? When the Lakers come to town...with the exception of OKC (and that just started last season) San Antonio, Miami, Boston, Knicks, almost all other teams only sell out when Kobe comes to town...you should really use your brain to think before you post....it would not be wise to draw the ire of Koolaid_man it will only ruin your troll account because the more I raise the stakes, the more you'll lose control of your posting content and expose yourself...

To my point teams want to profit off the Lakers way more than they should...they build season ticket packages off Kobe's face not the hometown team...

to my point:

Duncan>Kobe, and you know it. How many times has Duncan missed the playoffs? How many times has Kobe passed the first round without a superstar center?

Trill Clinton
03-16-2013, 04:25 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_s-c9aelY79s/Sj_pPsU-4LI/AAAAAAAAA0Q/pu1sWfyGRBY/s400/kobe_bryant_wearing_michael_jordan_jersey.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5bk17WuCk1qd42iyo1_500.jpg

Clipper Nation
03-16-2013, 04:35 PM
:cry Such a classy guy, dropping his latest fake injury real quick in order to please his faggot fanbase :cry

HI-FI
03-16-2013, 04:44 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_s-c9aelY79s/Sj_pPsU-4LI/AAAAAAAAA0Q/pu1sWfyGRBY/s400/kobe_bryant_wearing_michael_jordan_jersey.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5bk17WuCk1qd42iyo1_500.jpg
thats just pathetic, even imitating mj's love of stogies, a sentiment I share. Kobe must always have Single White Female on his Netflix queue.

Duncan>Kobe, and you know it. How many times has Duncan missed the playoffs? How many times has Kobe passed the first round without a superstar center?
Respect, but be prepared for the Kobists to come out of the woodwork. It's funny, I can't think of anyone on here that worships Duncan the way Kobe's cult worships him. Probably because such behavior would embarrass Duncan.

Thread
03-16-2013, 04:50 PM
^You had a foothold until:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Solly Cholly.

Thebesteva
03-16-2013, 04:56 PM
:cry Such a classy guy, dropping his latest fake injury real quick in order to please his faggot fanbase :cry

:lol It's true...I'm not sure when being a Laker fan meant you have to suck Kobe's balls 24\7. I wonder what the Kobe-ites are going to do when he retires next season? Cut themselves and dress as Kate Faber maybe

KaiRMD1
03-16-2013, 05:01 PM
:lol It's true...I'm not sure when being a Laker fan meant you have to suck Kobe's balls 24\7. I wonder what the Kobe-ites are going to do when he retires next season? Cut themselves and dress as Kate Faber maybe

They are gonna go back to liking their hometown team or the Heat

Thebesteva
03-16-2013, 05:06 PM
They are gonna go back to liking their hometown team or the Heat

Can't wait till the Kobe era is over and the Lakers eventually get someone likeable again like Magic Johnson. Being a fan of Magic Johnson back in the day meant just that, today being a Kobe fan is kind of like being a fan of Edward in Twilight and cutting yourself to his pictures.

Thread
03-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Can't wait till the Kobe era is over and the Lakers eventually get someone likeable again like Magic Johnson. Being a fan of Magic Johnson back in the day meant just that, today being a Kobe fan is kind of like being a fan of Edward in Twilight and cutting yourself to his pictures.

Please. He ran Westhead & Nixon off because he knew where the bear shit in the buckwheat.

"likeable" won't win the last game played in June. Barkley was "likeable." Now look at him:::he has to sit on that TnT set with Smith judging him every time he shows up.

Thebesteva
03-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Please. He ran Westhead & Nixon off because he knew where the bear shit in the buckwheat.

"likeable" won't win the last game played in June. Barkley was "likeable." Now look at him:::he has to sit on that TnT set with Smith judging him every time he shows up.

Tim Duncan is likeable all class and no drama. Lebron was a complete dip shit but now he's likeable. The thing Timmy and Lebron possess that Kobe never could without Phil and D. Fish was the ability to be the floor general. Kobe is kind of like a general with all the guns and a bunch of soldiers just standing there staring at him like ...wtf are we supposed to do exactly?

lefty
03-16-2013, 05:18 PM

This :lol

Plus, Magic said he would play 1 more college year if the Bulls drafted him, because " he wants to play with Kareem & the Lakers, cuz it would be easier to win titles there :cry :cry :cry "

And then he ripped Lebron for going to Miami

Thread
03-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Tim Duncan is likeable all class and no drama. Lebron was a complete dip shit but now he's likeable. The thing Timmy and Lebron possess that Kobe never could without Phil and D. Fish was the ability to be the floor general. Kobe is kind of like a general with all the guns and a bunch of soldiers just standing there staring at him like ...wtf are we supposed to do exactly?

& he's shielded there in San Antonio. That's part of the deal. He has that tramp stamp, but, Media leaves it alone, gentlemen's agreement. If Kobe had one in LA they'd crucify him over it.

There have been assholes standin' in LA crying "wtf are we supposed to do exactly?" as long as I've been involved. Richmond, Murray, the coach for the Suns (name escapes me), on & on & on & on, now Meeks. You don't go there to have fun. Come here for that.

And we'll see if James can repeat it. Woe be to him if he don't.

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2013, 05:45 PM
& he's shielded there in San Antonio. That's part of the deal. He has that tramp stamp, but, Media leaves it alone, gentlemen's agreement. If Kobe had one in LA they'd crucify him over it.

There have been assholes standin' in LA crying "wtf are we supposed to do exactly?" as long as I've been involved. Richmond, Murray, the coach for the Suns (name escapes me), on & on & on & on, now Meeks. You don't go there to have fun. Come here for that.

And we'll see if James can repeat it. Woe be to him if he don't.

^ some of the coldest shit ever typed :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao and let's not forget about the tongue ring...imagine Cully if Kobe wore a tongue ring in LA...not only would he be crucified he'd be faced to the east (towards the rising of the sun) with his eye lids cut off

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2013, 05:48 PM

there you go mid...I knew I could draw you out...you want to like Kobe but you hate his fans....you're easy pickins son :lol

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2013, 05:54 PM

Hey poser...quick question...

After a game of 3 on 3 there's no more gatorade left...Magic drinks half his bottle and Kobe drinks half his...you have none but you must drink and you must drink now...they both hand you their half empty bottles...which one do you drink from....:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2013, 05:57 PM
What an egotistical fuckwit

Kobe 5 + some free white pussy

Colorado 0

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2013, 06:00 PM

Kobe 5 and Duncan 5 - go ahead why don't you ask me about Duncan's 5th ring

Thread
03-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Kobe 5 + some free white pussy

Colorado 0

I thought he busted her balloon knot and got some mud & blood on his turtle?

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2013, 06:06 PM
I thought he busted her balloon knot and got some mud & blood on his turtle?

Kobe 5 + some free white bloody bum

Colorado 0

Nuggets 0

Rayray 0

rayjayjohnson
03-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Kobe 5 + some free white bloody bum

Colorado 0

Nuggets 0

Rayray 0

:lol lakers
:lol 9th seed
:lol kobe blaming injuries again
:lol dahntay jones

:lmao koolfag

Killakobe81
03-16-2013, 06:43 PM
thats just pathetic, even imitating mj's love of stogies, a sentiment I share. Kobe must always have Single White Female on his Netflix queue.

Respect, but be prepared for the Kobists to come out of the woodwork. It's funny, I can't think of anyone on here that worships Duncan the way Kobe's cult worships him. Probably because such behavior would embarrass Duncan.

Wait ...what?! GTFO ... Not sure if serious .... have you read other fools posts on here?

And to the OP no shit, we know Kobe idolizes Mj, he talks walks and plays like him ...just not quite as good. But he is still better than Duncan ... And if winning championships are a team accomplishment then how is missing the playoffs not ateam failure? Cuts both ways

LOL haters ...

LOL LAkersarethebesteva ... duncan better than Kobe ...

DMC
03-16-2013, 06:47 PM
OP: No shit?

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Wait ...what?! GTFO ... Not sure if serious .... have you read other fools posts on here?

And to the OP no shit, we know Kobe idolizes Mj, he talks walks and plays like him ...just not quite as good. But he is still better than Duncan ... And if winning championships are a team accomplishment then how is missing the playoffs not ateam failure? Cuts both ways

LOL haters ...

I outed that summabitch he's a Spur fan troll :lol

Killakobe81
03-16-2013, 06:52 PM
OP: No shit?

Exactly whose troll is it ...gotta be MID. Thought it wasa real Laker fan but starting to think this is one of the best troll jobs ... until the Laker hate started flowing freely. Sure, there are rEAL LAker fans that cant stand Kobe. But Lakersarethebesteva smells like a troll posing as die-hard Laker fan, who is not a Kobe fan.

And dont start posting random Laker facts to prove you are not ... Mid (and others) are well versed in Laker history and google is only a tab away ...

Im calling bullshit on this being a genuine Laker fan ... but you had me fooled for a minute.

Killakobe81
03-16-2013, 06:54 PM
I outed that summabitch he's a Spur fan troll :lol

Oh, Ok ... he started off subtle. I was doubtful, but giving the benefit of the doubt ....but even the biggest Shaq Lover Laker fans wouldnt spout the bullshit I have seen lately ...

Thread
03-16-2013, 06:56 PM
:lol lakers
:lol 9th seed
:lol kobe blaming injuries again
:lol dahntay jones

:lmao koolfag

Shut up and play the cancer card. That's all you're good for, ya fuckin' hump.

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Oh, Ok ... he started off subtle. I was doubtful, but giving the benefit of the doubt ....but even the biggest Shaq Lover Laker fans wouldnt spout the bullshit I have seen lately ...

He tried for a long time but he just couldn't help himself....5>4 elicits real emotions..one can only fake that shit for so long...:lmao

Killakobe81
03-16-2013, 06:58 PM
RayRay enjoy the regualr season 2nd round is your ceiling same as ours most likely ...
But would love a shot at dem Nuggs we own your ass in the playoffs and it's not like KArl can outcoach Mike D like Pop ...

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2013, 07:07 PM
RayRay enjoy the regualr season 2nd round is your ceiling same as ours most likely ...
But would love a shot at dem Nuggs we own your ass in the playoffs and it's not like KArl can outcoach Mike D like Pop ...

RayRay and Clipper_Nation they're like high maintenance gay twins :lol

DMC
03-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Exactly whose troll is it ...gotta be MID. Thought it wasa real Laker fan but starting to think this is one of the best troll jobs ... until the Laker hate started flowing freely. Sure, there are rEAL LAker fans that cant stand Kobe. But Lakersarethebesteva smells like a troll posing as die-hard Laker fan, who is not a Kobe fan.

And dont start posting random Laker facts to prove you are not ... Mid (and others) are well versed in Laker history and google is only a tab away ...

Im calling bullshit on this being a genuine Laker fan ... but you had me fooled for a minute.

You pretty much boxed him out there. You've made an accusation and denied him the ability to prove you wrong. I like it.

Thebesteva
03-16-2013, 07:30 PM

:lmao I'm actually a Laker fan. I just can't stand the Kobe-ites anymore. Why is that so hard to believe? I used to be a huge Kobe fan but then I grew up.

Latarian Milton
03-16-2013, 09:27 PM
kobe ain't MJ and he's probably not gonna get nowhere close no matter how hard he tries. but there's at least one thing they have in common. they both have big egos and needed great teammates to get over the summit, and they also needed a great coach to handle their egos in order for them to win shit

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2013, 10:37 PM
:lmao I'm actually a Laker fan. I just can't stand the Kobe-ites anymore. Why is that so hard to believe? I used to be a huge Kobe fan but then I grew up.

who just happens to have a thing for tramp stamps and tongue rings :lol

scanry
03-16-2013, 10:48 PM

LOL haters ...

Killa there's nothing LoL worthy with that statement as it is very debatable and i've said this several times. Duncan has had a better career than Kobe and he's impacted both ends of the floor. Moreover Duncan was great from day one unlike Kobe who needed 2-3 seasons to become great.

I think majority of the Hall of Famers when it's all said and done will say that Duncan was better than Kobe. The 5 rings and TOSB stick may entertain some Laker fans for some time, but the fact of the matter is Duncan was much more consistent than Kobe from day one and he's aged and moved aside gracefully. No way will Kobe move aside for the good of the team and you very well know that.

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Killa there's nothing LoL worthy with that statement as it is very debatable and i've said this several times. Duncan has had a better career than Kobe and he's impacted both ends of the floor. Moreover Duncan was great from day one unlike Kobe who needed 2-3 seasons to become great.

I think majority of the Hall of Famers when it's all said and done will say that Duncan was better than Kobe. The 5 rings and TOSB stick may entertain some Laker fans for some time, but the fact of the matter is Duncan was much more consistent than Kobe from day one and he's aged and moved aside gracefully. No way will Kobe move aside for the good of the team and you very well know that.

:lmao so much fail I don't know where to start....:lmao

No most HOF'ers are already on record as saying Kobe is the greatest player next to MJ...no one even mentions Duncan not even the current group of players....From MJ, to Bird, to Kareem, to Zeke, to Hakeem ..they all picked Kobe...Dirk just said 2 weeks ago that Kobe was the greatest next to MJ and Wade just said the same thing...the only person that supports Duncan over Kobe is ringless Charles Barkley :lmao

in fact quite simply don't forget that Kobe won Player of the Decade....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/340253-kobe-bryant-player-of-the-decade-in-the-nba
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2009-09-24/sporting-news-nba-athlete-decade-kobe-bryant-sg-lakers
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/09/kobe-bryant-is-named-nba-player-of-the-decade.html

Killakobe81
03-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Kobe is greater but I LOL not because its not debatable but just cements him as a Spur most folks outside this site except maybe a few advanced stat nerds all know Kobe is greater. It's like making that argument on LG too much bias to make a fair debate ... But come on Duncan is great but he is no Kobe. Just like Kobe is great but he is not MJ ...that is not an insult in either case. Bird was great but he was no Magic. Shit happens Tim is the second best player of his era ...

midnightpulp
03-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Kobe is greater but I LOL not because its not debatable but just cements him as a Spur most folks outside this site except maybe a few advanced stat nerds all know Kobe is greater. It's like making that argument on LG too much bias to make a fair debate ... But come on Duncan is great but he is no Kobe. Just like Kobe is great but he is not MJ ...that is not an insult in either case. Bird was great but he was no Magic. Shit happens Tim is the second best player of his era ...

Too bad you can't prove that.

scanry
03-16-2013, 11:41 PM

Killa, Duncan is not a volume shooter and he'll obviously put up fewer numbers than Kobe. Consider the success Tim has had with a small market is far more impressive in my book. Again it's very debatable and every now and then like today, you get to realize how good Tim really was and still is. He impacts both ends and is so fundamentally sound and unselfish.

I don't think you'll even hear about the post Jordan era if Lebron dominates over the next 3-4 seasons. Lebron will pretty much overshadow Duncan, Shaq & Kobe.

Thread
03-16-2013, 11:42 PM

Thread
03-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Lebron will pretty much overshadow Duncan, Shaq & Kobe.

& that "probability" you humps could live with.

Pussies.

midnightpulp
03-16-2013, 11:48 PM

Rings are team accomplishments.

midnightpulp
03-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Killa, Duncan is not a volume shooter and he'll obviously put up fewer numbers than Kobe. Consider the success Tim has had with a small market is far more impressive in my book. Again it's very debatable and every now and then like today, you get to realize how good Tim really was and still is. He impacts both ends and is so fundamentally sound and unselfish.

I don't think you'll even hear about the post Jordan era if Lebron dominates over the next 3-4 seasons. Lebron will pretty much overshadow Duncan, Shaq & Kobe.

This is where you'll lose Killa. Kobe fans are incapable of considering anything else but PPG.

scanry
03-16-2013, 11:50 PM

Exactly. Considering Duncan's resurgence and longevity, he's surpassed Shaq in my book.

scanry
03-17-2013, 12:00 AM
& that "probability" you humps could live with.

Pussies.

Not necessarily, but I've come to appreciate his consistency and shot selection. Lebron like Shaq & Duncan were before doesn't over assert his presence in a game. He's learned to adapt and take very good shots. Kobe on the other hand is still forcing up shots and that's hurting the Lakers.

I think you're intelligent enough to realize that. BTW the Lakers have a great big man if i'm not mistaken, so if his back is alright this summer i would give him the reins and get Kareem (and Phil) to do the rest (and also trade Nash in the process).

Capt Bringdown
03-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Just the Nike-NBA PR stuff generating as much dissonance as they can for free publicity. The stuff must be from music industry background, their target audience is similar after all.

Nailed it. It's marketing masquerading as news. Pretty smart from their perspective.

scanry
03-17-2013, 12:07 AM

That tired old stick could just back fire as Duncan is having a better year than Kobe. So Duncan is overcoming the shit bag stick and the 100 mil payroll this season to punk good old Culburn. You didn't expect that did you Cul?

midnightpulp
03-17-2013, 12:11 AM
What irritates me about Kobe homers is that they want him to be exempt from all previous standards traditionally used to determine the best players of a particular era. Magic had the best playoff stats, most lead dog rings, and most Finals MVPs of his era. Jordan led those categories during his era. Kobe is 3rd in those categories behind Duncan and Shaq, but yet his fans (and some members of the media) insist he's the best player of his era. By what measurement? 81 points and 5 rings?

Thebesteva
03-17-2013, 12:13 AM
What irritates me about Kobe homers is that they want him to be exempt from all previous standards traditionally used to determine the best players of a particular era. Magic had the best playoff stats, most lead dog rings, and most Finals MVPs of his era. Jordan led those categories during his era. Kobe is 3rd in those categories behind Duncan and Shaq, but yet his fans (and some members of the media) insist he's the best player of his era. By what measurement? 81 points and 5 rings?

Kobe fans are usually 18-22 years old. The only NBA they remember is what they find on youtube.

midnightpulp
03-17-2013, 12:19 AM

And if anyone is gonna throw the "eye test" argument at me, Duncan becomes even better in that regard. So much of what Duncan does on the court can't be quantified. From the picks he sets, the shots he alters in the paint, his outlet passing, the "hockey assists," and the double and triple teams he used to draw.

Clipper Nation
03-17-2013, 12:23 AM
Didn't he even draw quadruple teams in the Finals when Byron Scott got sufficiently desperate? That just says it all, tbh....

midnightpulp
03-17-2013, 12:26 AM
Kobe fans are usually 18-22 years old. The only NBA they remember is what they find on youtube.

I think Kobe is an awesome player and the most fundamentally sound 2 guard of all-time, even more so than Jordan, but when you examine the total picture, Kobe's career falls just a hair short of Duncan's. This isn't hate. Or bitterness. Or jealously. Or homering for Duncan. It's a fact.

That said, I guess it also depends how much stock you put into the regular season, since Kobe has been a better regular season player since '06 than Duncan.

midnightpulp
03-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Didn't he even draw quadruple teams in the Finals when Byron Scott got sufficiently desperate? That just says it all, tbh....

Yep.

jimbo
03-17-2013, 12:32 AM
You pretty much boxed him out there. You've made an accusation and denied him the ability to prove you wrong. I like it.

tbh lakersarethebest could just post up some pics of his lakers jerseys/stuff with a timestamp to prove that he's a fan

scanry
03-17-2013, 12:34 AM
I think Kobe is an awesome player and the most fundamentally sound 2 guard of all-time, even more so than Jordan, but when you examine the total picture, Kobe's career falls just a hair short of Duncan's. This isn't hate. Or bitterness. Or jealously. Or homering for Duncan. It's a fact.

That said, I guess it also depends how much stock you put into the regular season, since Kobe has been a better regular season player since '06 than Duncan.

You're overrating Jordan's athleticism tbh. He focused more so on fundamentals than any one in the history and especially after the 88-89 season. From then on i remember listening to Tex Winters talking about Jordan wanting to learn the triangle and the fundamentals. However Kobe is close though. I think the best fundamentally sound players in our era are probably:

Duncan
Garnett
Kobe
Battier
Tony Allen
Pau Gasol
Pierce

Bynumite
03-17-2013, 12:47 AM
OP tries too hard to be seen as unbiased by spurfan :lol It's sad to watch tbh.

Both players are all time greats that can bring a level of competitiveness and skill to the game that ball fans like to watch, simple as that. OP is acting like Kobe was comparing accolades.

Thread
03-17-2013, 12:52 AM
OP tries too hard to be seen as unbiased by spurfan :lol It's sad to watch tbh.

That's been Mid's MO since I got to know him. It makes him endearing if not lovable.

Seventyniner
03-17-2013, 01:15 AM
And now Kobe claims that he has the flu. How much more MJ envy can he possibly show?

If Kobe even mentions the words "flu-like symptoms" I will laugh my ass off.

midnightpulp
03-17-2013, 01:16 AM
That's been Mid's MO since I got to know him. It makes him endearing if not lovable.

Not the OP, Cub.

midnightpulp
03-17-2013, 01:21 AM
You're overrating Jordan's athleticism tbh. He focused more so on fundamentals than any one in the history and especially after the 88-89 season. From then on i remember listening to Tex Winters talking about Jordan wanting to learn the triangle and the fundamentals. However Kobe is close though. I think the best fundamentally sound players in our era are probably:

Duncan
Garnett
Kobe
Battier
Tony Allen
Pau Gasol
Pierce

If we factor in defense, then yes, Jordan is the overall more fundamentally sound player. I think Kobe is a touch more fundamentally sound offensively, but Jordan has the higher basketball IQ and was much better than Kobe at adapting his on court play to the feel and rhythm of the game.

lefty
03-17-2013, 01:36 AM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Bryant.gif

scanry
03-17-2013, 01:40 AM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Bryant.gif

Was that a Laker fan or a Meth hick fan?

lefty
03-17-2013, 01:42 AM
Was that a Laker fan or a Meth hick fan?
Katelyn Faber's lawyer picking DNA sample

Sean Cagney
03-17-2013, 01:44 AM
^You had a foothold until:::

Solly Cholly.

Kobe is now the tired old shitbag himself!!!!!! Both are all stars though so... You do the math. Faggot.

LkrFan
03-17-2013, 01:49 AM
Yep.
mid qu:lolting himself. How cute. :lol

spurraider21
03-17-2013, 02:49 AM
Herein lies the problem with the MJ-Kobe shit thats blown out of proportion.

Simply said, being the best SHOOTING GUARD since Jordan doesn't make him the best PLAYER since Jordan. Laker fans seem to equivocate the 2.
Another thing is, if we call Kobe the closest thing to Jordan, that brings up all sorts of other stupid equivocations. I mean, Dwight is the closest thing now to what Shaq was, but I'm not going to say Dwight is anywhere near Shaq's league. Granted, the Jordan-Kobe disparity isn't nearly as severe as the Shaq-Dwight one, but its just a principle I'm pointing out.

Also, being the most SIMILAR in playstyle to Jordan doesn't mean he's the best player besides Jordan. Again, I would use the Shaq-Dwight comparison just to elaborate on that point. Kobe is supremely talented, and as mid said, he's probably the most fundamentally sound shooting guard ever on the offensive end of the court. Heck, Kobe admittedly patterned his game after MJ. But Jordan dominated a decade like no other. He never played second banana to anybody. Kobe got to play alongside Shaq, who was pretty much the best player in the league throughout their 3peat. MJ built his team, and it was his team from the onset. Kobe has 2 rings as the head honcho (though Gasol > Kobe in their last Finals tbh. Gasol deserved finals MVP, but still, kobe was the leader). That's hardly "dominating your era." In his prime, Jordan essentially won championships as long as he wasn't playing baseball

whitemamba
03-17-2013, 03:18 AM
Herein lies the problem with the MJ-Kobe shit thats blown out of proportion.

Simply said, being the best SHOOTING GUARD since Jordan doesn't make him the best PLAYER since Jordan. Laker fans seem to equivocate the 2.
Another thing is, if we call Kobe the closest thing to Jordan, that brings up all sorts of other stupid equivocations. I mean, Dwight is the closest thing now to what Shaq was, but I'm not going to say Dwight is anywhere near Shaq's league. Granted, the Jordan-Kobe disparity isn't nearly as severe as the Shaq-Dwight one, but its just a principle I'm pointing out.

Also, being the most SIMILAR in playstyle to Jordan doesn't mean he's the best player besides Jordan. Again, I would use the Shaq-Dwight comparison just to elaborate on that point. Kobe is supremely talented, and as mid said, he's probably the most fundamentally sound shooting guard ever on the offensive end of the court. Heck, Kobe admittedly patterned his game after MJ. But Jordan dominated a decade like no other. He never played second banana to anybody. Kobe got to play alongside Shaq, who was pretty much the best player in the league throughout their 3peat. MJ built his team, and it was his team from the onset. Kobe has 2 rings as the head honcho (though Gasol > Kobe in their last Finals tbh. Gasol deserved finals MVP, but still, kobe was the leader). That's hardly "dominating your era." In his prime, Jordan essentially won championships as long as he wasn't playing baseball

2009 Finals
Kobe 32.4 PPG
Pau Gasol 18PPG
2010 Finals
Kobe 29PPG
Pau 19PPG

:hat

chapnis
03-17-2013, 03:30 AM
2009 Finals
Kobe 32.4 PPG
Pau Gasol 18PPG
2010 Finals
Kobe 29PPG
Pau 19PPG

Kobe fans are incapable of considering anything else but PPG.

But of course.

spurraider21
03-17-2013, 03:39 AM
2009 Finals
Kobe 32.4 PPG
Pau Gasol 18PPG
2010 Finals
Kobe 29PPG
Pau 19PPG

I gave you 2009 finals. I specifically said "in their last Finals", where you obviously failed to mention Kobe's horrific 40.5% shooting from the field on 23 attempts per game. Not to mention his infamous 6-24 chokejob in game 7 where he got bailed out by Pau's NINE offensive rebounds. Pau also averaging 11.6 rebounds per game and 2.6 blocks per game, getting his revenge on KG who owned his soul in the 08 finals

Thebesteva
03-17-2013, 06:36 AM
I gave you 2009 finals. I specifically said "in their last Finals", where you obviously failed to mention Kobe's horrific 40.5% shooting from the field on 23 attempts per game. Not to mention his infamous 6-24 chokejob in game 7 where he got bailed out by Pau's NINE offensive rebounds. Pau also averaging 11.6 rebounds per game and 2.6 blocks per game, getting his revenge on KG who owned his soul in the 08 finals

Man that game 7 was really bad. I remember thinking if Kobe has a historic game today or just a solid performance then he will be remembered for that game as his "Jordan over Russell" moment. He really choked bad. If you say these things to Kobe-Ites they'll sodomize themselves and write a 400 page paper debating why it's not Kobe's fault.

Thread
03-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Kobe is now the tired old shitbag himself!!!!!!

Get your own shit, Cagney. That's my shit.

Thread
03-17-2013, 06:59 AM
Man that game 7 was really bad.

That's how it got to:::

The 2 4th quarter suicide drives into the front of the rim and the shovel to Artest got us to 16.

You got yer 4, sport. Yer all right.

Thebesteva
03-17-2013, 07:03 AM
That's how it got to:::

The 2 4th quarter suicide drives into the front of the rim and the shovel to Artest got us to 16.

You got yer 4, sport. Yer all right.

I still watch that last minute of that game 7...downloaded that game and knew it was the last time I'd see a Laker championship for a long time. Wish Phil retired that year

Thread
03-17-2013, 07:09 AM
I still watch that last minute of that game 7...downloaded that game and knew it was the last time I'd see a Laker championship for a long time. Wish Phil retired that year

That's what a lot of people said after the old man ran Daddy off. Even Daddy said it. Now Daddy is sittin' in retirement eating Kobe's ass in perpetuity and this Forum suffers Kobe 5-4 over the shit bag Duncan.

"Nobody closes us out, Cully. Nobody."

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2013, 07:30 AM

Hi guys can I jump into this conversation? with regards to Pau are we talking MVP of the Series or MVP or the final game...:lol

Same age relatively speaking MJ was 33 and faced the Sonics (the Glove) while Kobe was 32 and faced the Celtics legendary defense

1996 Finals : MJ 41% fg, 27ppg 5rpg 4assists

Note: the last game of the 96 finals MJ shot 5-19 for (26%) in the close-out game against the Sonics. In the final game he had 22 pts, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 steals

2010 Finals : Kobe 41%, 28 ppg 8 rpg 4 assists

Note: the last game of the 2010 finals Kobe shot 6-24 for (25%) in the close-out game against the Celtics. In the finals game he had 23 pts, 15rbs, 2 assists, and 1 steal...

All comparable to Kobe. Don't forget Kobe out rebounded Boston's big 3 in game 7 by himself and I might add even though he shot poorly he still lead all scorers in the final game with 23 pts. So even when he has a "shitty" game it's still better than everyone else's....:lol So in this case we're using other metrics (such as rebounds) other than scoring to prove we can :toast

Sorry Spur fan..but Kool is so good that not only can he talk mad shit (and back it up) with the best of em he's also a really good analyzer of the art...

and to my new friend Lakersarethebesteva before you step to Kool...grow some balls peckerwood...I'll need something worth sharpening my knife for...

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Man that game 7 was really bad. I remember thinking if Kobe has a historic game today or just a solid performance then he will be remembered for that game as his "Jordan over Russell" moment. He really choked bad. If you say these things to Kobe-Ites they'll sodomize themselves and write a 400 page paper debating why it's not Kobe's fault.

How's the asshole this moning?

Kobe 2
Daddy 1

midnightpulp
03-17-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi guys can I jump into this conversation? with regards to Pau are we talking MVP of the Series or MVP or the final game...:lol

Same age relatively speaking MJ was 33 and faced the Sonics (the Glove) while Kobe was 32 and faced the Celtics legendary defense

Note: the last game of the 96 finals MJ shot 5-19 for (26%) in the close-out game against the Sonics. In the final game he had 22 pts, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 steals

Note: the last game of the 2010 finals Kobe shot 6-24 for (25%) in the close-out game against the Celtics. In the finals game he had 23 pts, 15rbs, 2 assists, and 1 steal...

All comparable to Kobe. Don't forget Kobe out rebounded Boston's big 3 in game 7 by himself and I might add even though he shot poorly he still lead all scorers in the final game with 23 pts. So even when he has a "shitty" game it's still better than everyone else's....:lol So in this case we're using other metrics (such as rebounds) other than scoring to prove we can :toast

Sorry Spur fan..but Kool is so good that not only can he talk mad shit (and back it up) with the best of em he's also a really good analyzer of the art...

and to my new friend Lakersarethebesteva before you step to Kool...grow some balls peckerwood...I'll need something worth sharpening my knife for...

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2013, 07:45 AM
and finally I want to get this off my chest:

Kobe 5 (the modern day standard bearer)

Duncan 4 (* due to 99 lock-out year)
Shaq 4
Gasol 2
Wade 2
Garnett 1
Peirce 1
Allen 1
Lebron 1 * (lockout yr)
Dirk 1
Kidd 1
Durant 0
Westbrook 0
CP3 0
Melo 0
Harden 0
Rose 0
Nash 0
Dwight 0

Old Timers

Bird 3
Robinson 1 (* lock-out year)
Barkley 0
Ewing 0

spurraider21
03-17-2013, 12:44 PM

pretty sure i gave pau's stats over the course of the series where he played pretty damn well. kobe was laying bricks throughout the series. With the Lakers facing elimination in game 6, Pau went off for 17, 13, and 9 with 3 blocks. He came up biggest in games 6 and 7 with the Lakers backs against the wall while in those games Kobe combined to shoot 15-43

whitemamba
03-17-2013, 12:53 PM
pretty sure i gave pau's stats over the course of the series where he played pretty damn well. kobe was laying bricks throughout the series. With the Lakers facing elimination in game 6, Pau went off for 17, 13, and 9 with 3 blocks. He came up biggest in games 6 and 7 with the Lakers backs against the wall while in those games Kobe combined to shoot 15-43

that game 6 was a total blow out, every single player had something to contribute with that win. You insult his skills saying he was the reason they won that game

whitemamba
03-17-2013, 12:54 PM

People cant handle MJ truth bombs, settle down now Kool

spurraider21
03-17-2013, 01:28 PM
that game 6 was a total blow out, every single player had something to contribute with that win. You insult his skills saying he was the reason they won that game

i love the part where i said "he's the reason they won the game." oh wait.

i just brought up the fact that Pau had 2 consecutive great games in 2 consecutive games facing elimination. thats finals MVP material tbh. its not like he was shabby in their other wins either.

freetiago
03-17-2013, 02:06 PM
LOL this faggot just announced he is doubtful and has the flu for tonights game
he really wants to be MJ

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2013, 02:43 PM
he really wants to be MJ

since it's common knowledge that his heart pumps snake venom and he has aircraft grade metal for knees - I also think he's faking this flu shit...

djohn2oo8
03-17-2013, 02:48 PM
he really wants to be MJ

:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2013, 02:50 PM

Pau played his role....if he didn't avg this --> 2010 Finals : Kobe 41%, 28 ppg 8 rpg 4 assists then he doesn't get MVP...no comprendo?

well let me say it in Spanish: Chinko me dinga and mi lluevos , puto

djohn2oo8
03-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Even worse he has to fake it against the fucking Kings :lol

spurraider21
03-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Pau played his role....if he didn't avg this --> 2010 Finals : Kobe 41%, 28 ppg 8 rpg 4 assists then he doesn't get MVP...no comprendo?

well let me say it in Spanish: Chinko me dinga and mi lluevos , puto
kobe played his role too: inefficient chucker with a 1.00 assist/turnover ratio

summary of 2010 nba finals

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30172289.jpg

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2013, 02:59 PM

this is where you couldn't be more wrong....by his impact on the game and his rings...Duncan and Shaq were dominant at times but there is a reason the fans voted Kobe as the player of the decade because over that same 10 yr stretch as Shaq and Duncan he consistently proved he was a level above them from stats and rings for the duration of the decade...sure you can cherry pick your years and in some years that may have had statistically better seasons but not over the course of the era or the decade...that's why Kobe won it...and I'm sorry if Charles Barkley's little brain can't comprehend that...

From a traditional "measurement" standpoint I'm going to use this explanation from the Poster DMills from LG.

Arguing Kobe vs Lebron is tantamount to arguing about Science vs the Arts. Like arguing about a quadratic equation vs Raphael's "Scuola di Atene", physics vs philosophy etc.

Lebron has the stats, (hard data) on his side. His approach to the game is based largely on that. He plays the percentages, shoots from only places where he knows his % are highest. Cares deeply about data (stat line). His game is ugly. His footwork is ugly, his shot is ugly. (Though his passing is beautiful). But extremely effective and efficient. According to certain metrics, historically efficient.

Kobe is an artist. His game is a thing of beauty. Impeccable footwork, beautiful release on his shot, seemingly preternatural body control. But like most art, the beauty of his game can be in the eye of the beholder. It can be ugly, raw and misunderstood. But when it's displayed in it's full aesthetic potential, it's marvelous. Unparalleled even. Historically so.

For many years now basketball has been viewed as more of an art form where skill was placed on the highest pedestal. That's why a guy like Shaq who was devastatingly effective was looked down upon by past great bigmen like Wilt and Kareem. His game was ugly to them. Not viewed as skillful or aesthetically pleasing enough. And that's why for many years Kobe was more appreciated by people and looked at as the pinnacle of the post Jordan era by so many players past and present.

During the Lebron era things have changed. Stat geeks have gained considerable influence thanks to the efforts of guys like Darryl Morey and John Hollinger. PER, win shares and other metrics are given higher value then the platitudes often associated with the art/skill based view of the "old NBA". Basketball is being played and viewed through the lens of "science" now. Thus a player like Kobe is often dismissed as inefficient with a high "usage rating" etc, thus his value drops in such a view of basketball, while Lebron's value has skyrocketed.

HarlemHeat37
03-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Kobe= religion
Lebron= science

Tbh..

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2013, 03:02 PM
kobe played his role too: inefficient chucker with a 1.00 assist/turnover ratio

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30172289.jpg

all in all..say it with me...

Kobe 5
TOSB 4

All day ere day

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Kobe= religion
Lebron= science

Tbh..

here's some science (hard data) for your ass Harlem Ho:

Kobe 5
Lebron 1

Killakobe81
03-17-2013, 03:30 PM
this is where you couldn't be more wrong....by his impact on the game and his rings...Duncan and Shaq were dominant at times but there is a reason the fans voted Kobe as the player of the decade because over that same 10 yr stretch as Shaq and Duncan he consistently proved he was a level above them from stats and rings for the duration of the decade...sure you can cherry pick your years and in some years that may have had statistically better seasons but not over the course of the era or the decade...that's why Kobe won it...and I'm sorry if Charles Barkley's little brain can't comprehend that...

From a traditional "measurement" standpoint I'm going to use this explanation from the Poster DMills from LG.

Great summation. And the hing is I would love to see the fuckers on here go to Rucker, Santa Monica the Wooden Center etc with some of the bullshit arguments of data win shares etc. Lebron is a beast he is admired by nerds on a computer and by ballers who play no dount about it. But for basketball purists you can watch Kobe and Lebron dribble PAss (though Lebron is a greater passer) shoot, get in a defensive stance etc. And not clearly see Kobe does most of that better ...period. I like some advanced metrics dont get me wrong ... I just trust what I see more. heck even Stan Van Gundy mentioned at the MIT conference that it is to validate things you see or open your eyes to things you might miss. Lebron is like a freak of nature and it's like comparing Bo Jackson one of the greatest athlete I have ever seen in person to Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith. LEbron is skillful but like Bo he is just naturally bigger and stronger and faster than everyone. He has great skill but his talent is so great he does not need to refine his craft like MJ and Kobe before him who were both great athletes ... just not as great as Lebron. Both are better "pure" players ...as someone else mentioned Lebron is more Ronaldo than Messi ... we all know who is Kobe's favorite player and who Messi prefers ...

Im not here to say Kobe is better than Lebron right now that would be foolish. And I have maintained all season Lebron has a "chance" to surpass them both. But those that act as though that has already happened or is a foregone conclusion ... make me laugh. Lebron still has PLENTY of work to do ...

Killakobe81
03-17-2013, 03:43 PM
And my above post is no knock on Lebron. I think teh writer got it right Lebron's post moves are ugly but the bottom line is he gets buckets. I also had an unorthodox or ugly post game. as long as it's 2 points who cares?!

Just dont get why Lebron fans cant admit despite getting better at shooting and post play his shit is ugly ...who gives a fuck. LEbron fanbois are just as defensive as Kobe fanbois ...

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2013, 04:12 PM

Let's put 6-24 into perspective...

Game 7, Pau shot 6-16 (and was 3-12 at halftime). Artest was 7-18. Bynum was 1-5, Odom was 3-8. Farmar, Shannon Brown and Sasha combined to shoot 0-6. Only Fisher, at 10 points on 4-6 from the field...

For the Celtics, Paul Pierce was 5-15 from the field. Rondo was 6-13, which was actually pretty decent in this game... Ray Allen was 3-14. Nate Robinson missed his only shot. Rasheed Wallace took 11 shots to score 11 points which puts him on par with Kobe with regards to offensive efficiency. Glen Davis was good, but his efficiency (4-6 from the field) didn't come in high enough volume (only six points in 21 minutes)...Only KG had "a good game" offensively for the Celtics, shooting well over fifty percent and scoring 18 points on 13 shots.

The criticism of Kobe's offensive output in Game 7 is that he needed 24 shots to get his 23 points. However, the same is true of just about every player in this game. Virtually every player listed above took essentially as many shots as he had points. In fact, that is true of both teams overall: The Celtics took 71 shots to score 79 points (1.1 points per shot), while the Lakers took 83 shots to score their 83 points. At this point, here is the question that needs to be asked: Why are we holding Kobe Bryant to a different standard?

Is it because he's MJ's heir...

Thread
03-17-2013, 05:10 PM

spurraider21
03-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Horry > Kobe tbh

For that matter, I'm not sure why people keep saying Kobe's the best besides Jordan since...
Pippen - 6
Kobe - 5

no comparison, really

Thread
03-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Horry > Kobe tbh

Fine. You have that one. I'm stickin' to:::

spurraider21
03-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Fine. You have that one. I'm stickin' to:::

As long as we're clear:

Sam Jones: 10

literally twice as good as Kobe

Thread
03-17-2013, 05:26 PM
As long as we're clear:

Sam Jones: 10

literally twice as good as Kobe

Fine. You can have that one as well. I'll take:::

midnightpulp
03-17-2013, 08:45 PM

science>arts

/thread

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2013, 08:49 PM
science>arts

/thread

depends on the science...Lebron's science is elementary science with little beakers and dissecting frogs...(i.e no watered down league) while Kobe's art is like God creating the heavens....

midnightpulp
03-17-2013, 08:53 PM
depends on the science...Lebron's science is like Einstein developing the Theory of Relativity... while Kobe's art is like Jackson Pollock splashing a canvas with paint (chucking) hoping a pattern emerges (made shot) ....

Fixed

Tuddy
03-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Koolaid = Thread if that hasn't already been pointed out

Thread
03-17-2013, 11:46 PM
^:rolleyes